Wow I don't even want to play arena anymore

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Wow I don't even want to play arena anymore

• In an arena battle… I managed to get two straight enemies that had the shroud on their banner 15% chance to miss and in both games I managed to miss the banner 7 straight times, in back to back games…. The probability of that happening once is like 1 in 30million… But TWICE?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 124 total)
  • Replies
  • AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

It’s a good idea to use abilities that cause damage to all (or at least multiple) enemies. I see the appeal of using per-turn high-damage abilities such as Rogues and Druid, but you run a big risk against Shroud.

I’ll be contacting Rovio about how they are doing these “chance” calculations. For example, I don’t believe the coin flip is being correctly computed as 50%.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

The “50-50” coin flip is about right over the long haul.

Shroud is definitely bugged. It’s not even close to 15% – it’s much higher, as the OP notes.

For 2 strings of 7+, I think Shroud is more like 50% – that’s just under 1% each string.

drobbinsjr
    @drobbinsjr

AM,

I have been tracking all coin flips since day #1. I am roughly be getting 70% against. Have run into several occasions of 8 straight times against, 1 for, then 8 losses again. Really P’ing me off…

Also, Bernhard Falk is totally off with respect to amount of damage a Class 41 Lvl 5 vs a Lvl Class 10 all set items. I have yet to have Lvl 41 Class 10 Chuck survive 2 hits on any coin loss.

Anonymous

I’m not too sure about this Shroud thing. The other day I played like 3 battles and only got the attack blocked twice. That’s it! Also I agree on the coin flip thing. I only seem to win or lose in streaks. Not once have I gotten a win or lose once or twice in a row.

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

There needs to be some kind of balancing mechanic for PvP, because whoever gets to go first has way too much of an advantage. If you’re going second, you’re guaranteed to lose at least one bird.

Unfortunately, I don’t know what the exact solution would be. Make it so the player going second can’t lose a bird on the first turn? A 10% health boost?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

The easiest fix to going first would be “no attacks” or “no attacks except the flag”.

Not gonna happen, though.

Anonymous

@marioandsonic I completely agree! If I lose the toss I have to fight with 2 birds! My 3rd bird doesn’t even get a chance to attack.

touristcoder
    @touristcoder

Ya the Shroud definitely keeps letting my birds miss -_-

well nothing can be better than start a round with two birds down because you lost the coin toss…

Ishkibob
    @paulkuhnusn

get the equipment for chuck and blues that gives an extra life. Helps me start my turn with 3 birds 90% of the time.

Mimi27
    @mimi27

Getting the equipment for Chuck and Blues is not exactly easy unless you are willing to spend $$$ on LC. I save my daily LC and use them for the Rainbow Riot and now that there are two golden pigs, one of which now costs 5 LC per spin, it’s tough to spin enough times to get this equipment. After weeks of playing, I finally got the Phoenix Egg to match the feather I’d gotten at least twice. I wish there was a way to get LC faster or use snoutlings to purchase blueprints or even save LC if you knew you were guaranteed a certain item.

Tman
    @tman

I wish the GPM didn’t give so many duplicates. In the arena, I have about 10 orange patches, and I’ve duplicated plenty of weapons in the normal GPM. Nothing is worse than finally getting a guaranteed set item, and it’s a duplicate of what you already have.

My coin toss has also been so lopsided against me, I can’t even play, even if I wanted to, since I get three losses so fast.

Rolly
    @rolly

Ok, perhaps I am doing something wrong. But I hardly ever loose an Arena Battle, even against higher levels and loosing the coin toss. The reason is that a) the AI is not very clever and b) a well rounded set of birds (now lv34 mastery 7). I use Chuck wizard with the Phoenix set, Blue Rogues with The Sling and Plushies and Mathilda Druid with the Nightmare set (and no, I NEVER bought gold and I don’t have Facebook, all comes from Daily Golden Pig and lucky tosses from Piggy McCool’s Golden Pig and my own free tosses). In this setup, the enemy allways attacks Chuck first. This is great since he is able to withstand the first wave because of Phoenix revive. My first attack goes against the enemys banner. Sticky Goo and Thorny Vine ensure it will loose ca. 3000 HP the next three rounds, together with the ca. 1000 in the first round. The next rounds I take out the birds doing the largest damage (i.E. Bomb, Blues), usually Chuck is down but Goo and Thorny do their magic again. Also remember: If you take down a bird via the Goo/Thorny effect, you will win a round! They don’t get a move but still have no round ticks on their bar and only get the first tick in the next round. When Goo/Thorny run out on the Banner, the Banner gets attacked next; rinse and repeat. With this I win nearly all battles, usually with at least two stars. Of course, you have to adapt for some Daily Objectives, but the basic message is: ATTACK THE BANNER!
    Some things to remember: If the enemy Banner has the “saved by” effect and the corresponding bird is in the battle, this tactic can be dangerous because of a small bug. When the bird “saves”, it sometimes does not take any damage. You are lost then because your attacking bird will be unable to move in the next round. The only solution is to quit the battle, thus loosing it. The only option is to be shure that the “save” bird is allways knocked out before attacking the Banner. Also, if you see enemy Blues with the Ballista Set, KILL THEM and try to keep them from doing any action!!!! This set is able to do massive damage, esp. if the enemy Banner has some effects that enhance the chance of critical hits. I was shocked to get some >1500 hits in one go, not to mention the Goo afterwards and I barely survived this battle.

freeman
    @jorge-freeman-1
      Strange things happen in Arena. Just yesterday I had an opponent whose Bard stunned on every attack…

@Rolly
      I don’t have the Phoenix and Nightmare sets (I use Twin Lightning and Sweet! instead) but my main team is the same as yours. My surrogates are Cannoneer instead of Chuck for adversaries with 2 or more birds that do damage to several opponents and Tricksters instead of Rogues when the other side has two or more birds whose attack gives damage on following turns (Rogues, Druid…) or against “Princess teams”.
      The toughest adversaries are those with lvl 9/10 Sea Dogs, Tricksters and Thunderbirds. A couple of these combined with the proper Arena set items and advanced blazons can be too much to deal with.
      Furthermore there’s a drawback to playing with such a strong team of birds as we do. You get used to it and it becomes difficult to win with different teams required by the daily objectives…

Strategia55
    @strategia55

I too would like to see some type of coin balance and or flip result fix.

Maybe allow only one bird on the “first roll” side to attack. Or, and I know it defeats the purpose of attack first, allow one bird on the “losing flip” side to use one bird.

I DO like the attack-only banner suggestion , but agree it may not happen..

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@rolly You’ve been incredibly lucky to get that many set items and have that many sets so early. You were also lucky to get two of the best sets for PvP. I don’t have either the Reborn or Save me sets. When I got to max level which was level 25 at the time I only had 3 set items. You’re not even max level and already have at least 3 complete sets! In the past 4 weeks I’ve done 31 spins during rainbow riot and only received one set item that I don’t use. I got another set item by filling my rainbow, but it was a duplicate. I always reach max level within a week of an update and I still only have one level 41 set weapon. I’ve been very unlucky compared to most players, but you are on the opposite end of the spectrum by getting so many good items. Since your equipment is overpowered relative to the others you are fighting it should be very easy for you to win. Wait till you get to level 41 and have to deal with others that are mastery level 8-10 and have better equipment than you or try winning without using any sets and you’ll see how hard PvP can be.

Rolly
    @rolly

I don’t know if I am really that lucky. But I always check if there is a free roll anywhere first thing after starting the game. And yes, I start it at least once a day to collect the Daily Golden Pig. I have now 17 stamp cards. Also, since Arena start I keep it low on level advancement and concentrate on spending snotlings on mastery. So lets wait and see :-).
    <edit> Oh, and my equipment is NOT overpowered relative to the ones I am fighting (still stone since I have to run after the “reset the daily objective” guys and already failed two times :-)). I cannot count the fights when I had three complete sets fighting my three (and Phoenix set and Sling/Plushie set where prominent in these). Just for the record, I also have the Protector and the Golden set, but the shield of Protector is very low level and I don’t use Bomb very often.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea I think you have been unlucky with weapons. I have always been a few levels behind you and I have 3 level 41 weapons and 8 level 41 offhand weapons (although only one complete level 41 set). I have the Plushies set, and just a very low level feather for the Phoenix set. It can just be luck regarding which set items you obtain. I tend to get more items for Blues and Matilda than the other birds.

Another factor is that you saved your lucky coins for Sea Dog and Skulkers, rather than spending on the golden pig.

@rolly
    has a lot of stamp cards for someone at level 34, so may not be playing the main game as often as you or I, and has mastery 7 birds. Some of this will have to do with the introduction of events for gaining mastery. But relative to when we were at level 34, I agree with you that @rolly has a stronger set of birds.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I got most of my set items when level 29 and 33 was the max because I spent 210 LC when rainbow riot was first introduced. I still use most of those old set items, but they are pretty weak compared to the level 41 versions in PvP. I’ve spent almost as much LC during rainbow riot while at level 41 and haven’t gotten much. The only thing that makes me competitive in PvP is that all my birds are level 9 except Skulkers (7) and Thunderbird (do not have). I have 29 stamps so I’ve been playing longer than most. I have 3 sets for Red, 2 sets for Matilda, 1 set for Chuck, 2 sets for Blues, and no sets for Bomb. None of the sets are level 41.

Duiksmurf
    @duiksmurf

got myself promoted to stone league this week

i only encounter level 8+ teams with full epic sets and max loaded banners
    i am lev 41 myself with most birds 7, some 8 and partial epic sets

there is absolutely no point in engaging any match, i get hammered every time

this really sucks

Abaresaru
    @abaresaru

Finally hit level 41. Set items I had were now too low to use. At levels 18-37 i at least had a chance to win PvP fights. Now it is all level 41 with sets and 9-11 mastery. I lost the toss 6 times in a row. Died 6 times. With in 3 rounds. (Wasted 20G on respawn)

Not point in playing if a level 41 can be obliterated by every opponent so easily.

Silleck
    @silleck

Just did 100 matches in the arena, I lost 97 coin flips….nice fair coin flip

Abyssuss
    @abyssuss

Instead of 50/50 chances for coin flip Rovio should change that to 75/25 so we would start most of the time and sometimes not.

freeman
    @jorge-freeman-1

I’m in Silver league and that’s not bad but I get seriously aggravated with the Arena league. It is losing the coin flips most of the times, the daily objectives requiring battles with premium classes I don’t have (happened 4 times to me this week…) and the bugs. Lots of bugs!
    It’s getting birds stunned by opponents that don’t have that ability. It’s emblems that doesn’t work (as in the pic below…). It’s returning to life taken as curing… Fortunately I already know how to avoid the drag to attack feature stop working but during lost several times in the past because of this too. And I don’t see any worries from Rovio to fix or somehow remedy the situation. My two tickets to CS, one from December, 28th and the other from the following day, didn’t have any answer yet.

Opponent using fury even if not allowed to.

freeman
    @jorge-freeman-1

Here too:

Screenshot_2015-01-10-01-14-25.png

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Wow I don't even want to play arena anymore

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 124 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.