Will you continue playing the arena in the third season?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Will you continue playing the arena in the third season?

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 382 total)
  • Replies
  • Kookaburra67
    @kookaburra67

Finished the week in a group all by myself. Not sure how that happened. I completed all my daily objectives just to make sure if I got grouped in I would at least remain in silver league. Some other weird things happened as well. Once, with no losses I went back to play the next day only to have lost 3 times although I never lost once (this has happened to me before). Also, I reached the limit on the golden pig machine in PVP and immediately reset itself to zero without letting me roll for a guaranteed set item. It was cool to advance without spending time grinding. Big work week ahead, I will just do objectives to stay in gold.

Putte
    @puttekula

Feeling a bit fed up now…. Time for something new.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

It’s going to be a good week. Yesterday I stopped at 12k, this morning there’s a player with 22.5k. I’m right at 22k now and ready to begin grinding session 3 for the morning. I think I may have to go to 30k for day one.

Putte
    @puttekula

No work to do…? :o)

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

Off this week. Going to be fun.

1st – 30k (Me) Still have one life too.
    2nd – 27k
    3rd – 23k
    4th – 13k
    5th – 13k
    6th – 10k

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@londojowo — Interesting — Do you think 24K in 18 hrs or 12K in 4.75 hrs is possible?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@londojowo — The first place in my gold league is at 36.6K. Is that possible? Maybe considering your score???
    Scores in my gold league are
    15K (me)
    I don’t think I will get promoted this week.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

An interesting factoid:
    [Edited to correct number]: Only 0.8% of the people who started season 3 are in gold this week.
    I was surprised at how many ABN members I got as opponents, not to mention one person in my league this week was in my league last week. Now I’m [not quite so] surprised at how many people must be playing the area.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

I gave up on playing Arena Season 3 before it started. I am tired after two seasons. Actually I stated it without any expectations on last Saturday and was the first on my leaderboard two hours before it ended.
    Nobody on that leaderboard tried to compete and only 4 players took at least one battle.
    I am not going to check results and pick up prize until Saturday, so I will see if I got lucky again and end up alone on the leaderboard.

angryde
    @angryde

Yeah, I’m finding it much easier to progress this season – far less grinding! I’m basically just completing my D.O.s and then absentmindedly grinding while watching T.V. late at night. I’ve easily maintained 1st place during WEs:1-4.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

@mvnla2 I average a little over 3k an hour so yes 12k in 4.75 hours is doable.

Last night I was at 44k and this morning I was in third. Grinding until I hit 50k. Take a break and grind some more.

Putte
    @puttekula

About 2,5-3 min average for a fight with a couple of wheel fiddlings. Much faster the few times Im aloud to start.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@mvnla2 — The minimum amount of players in gold on week four is 0.8% The league with the smallest amount is diamond in week six with 0.03% Based on a static number of active players to make the math easier to handle. I am curious as to how you arrived at such a low number.

PvP Distribution.jpg

Here is the table I made back in season one giving the approximate amount of players in each league for each week. Again the assumption of a static amount of players.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

@puttekula I average playing 35 games an hour. This may be due to having 45/10 birds with level 45 weapon sets. As well as level 45 diamond league banners/head/emblems. I’m currently at 63,235 points prior to today’s (Tuesday) objectives.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@tigerussell — What happened to my response to you? It totally disappeared!
    In any case you get so small a number by making a mistake in the calculation. The correct number is (3/15)^3, which is what is in your table.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@mvnla2 — This is what I figured but then again you might have known something I didn’t. I’m not playing the arena this season. Just daily pig and friend rolls for me. “patiently waits for next update” I had figured it would land this week given the lack of endlessly revolving events. Still waiting.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

This is by far the most competitive week I’ve had playing the arena. Yesterday when I stopped grinding the standings were as follows:
    Me 1st – 76k points
    Zeus 2nd – 61k points
    Alex18 3rd – 47k points

This morning when I opened the app the standings were:
    Me 1st – 76k points
    Alex18 2nd – 72k points
    Zeus 3rd – 66k points

I’ve already ground out another 7k and am at 83k. Planning on grinding for another 12k to 14k prior to the new objectives this afternoon and hoping to be at the 104k/105k range this evening.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

Ground my way to 90k, going to take a break for a couple hours and then grind for another 5k to 6k prior to starting today’s objectives. No change with the players in 2nd and 3rd.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

Ground for 4k more, currently at 94k. Looks like Zeus is not going to give up without a fight, he’s within 100 points of Alex18 at 72k.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

Heads up, there are level 49 teams in the arena. I’ve faced 2 teams today with power ranking of 941 and 946 (name is blank). Check your opponents closely.

Tman
    @tman

Another easy week. In some cases, since my team is much stronger than it was in season 1 and 2, I’m progressing faster than I have previously. If things progress like this, I will get in to diamond in two weeks.

Last week I was in a league all by myself, and this week it started out that way. Just yesterday, I have some others, but it is a pretty uncompetitive league, so I should be good to advance.

AudioMan612
    @audioman612

I’m still playing, but I’m getting over it. I just don’t understand it. How can an opponent with the same level birds as me, same class level, and same weapons (a full level 45 set) have 1000 more health than me? Is this cheating or is there some stupid game mechanic that I don’t know about? The arena used to be easy, but I’m currently really struggling (and 4k behind the leader in my silver league, despite finishing all daily objectives). My only weakness it that my red has an old set item on his off-hand because the dragon set is the only useful set for him. I have both other sets complete at level 45, but I find the extra 1500 HP this gets me less useful than using the old but complete dragon set. If I have to face someone with a rating higher than mine, if they get the first turn, I will lose at least 50% of the time if not more. I am level 45, have 3 stars on nearly every level in the game including all 15 Chronicle Caves, etc. This shouldn’t be this difficult.

Edit: Also the banner set that boosts healing is completely broken. I can’t deal with a team that can heal more damage than I can deal unless I have all 3 of my birds alive…which I won’t because that never happens.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@londojowo my power rating varies between 940 and 947 depending upon which emblem I choose for my banner. I don’t change anything else. I am level 45.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@audioman612 I am a little confused. You say opponents with the same kit have 1000 more health but you also say you use and mismatched dragon breath set which gives 1500 less health. Perhaps both their pieces are level 45. Are you talking about the blessed idol set? If so try the weakness emblem, if you have it, when playing teams bearing this banner set.

Hope this helps.

AudioMan612
    @audioman612

That weak set is only for one of my birds. For my other two, were both level 9 with full level 45 sets, and they had a Wizard that was also level 9, yet still had substantially more health.

I know that emblem counters well, but that shouldn’t be necessary. That silly blessed idol set is game breaking without that emblem.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Will you continue playing the arena in the third season?

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 382 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.