Will you continue playing the arena in the third season?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Will you continue playing the arena in the third season?

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 382 total)
  • Replies
  • Putte
    @puttekula

Wtf… Grinding stated by u is about 3k an hour.
    At 190k minus the “free” 5500 for 6 times objective a week gives 157000 grinding points. That gives 157000/7=57 hours. 57 hours/7 gives 7,4 hours a day?
    Well, after only doing dayly objects Im degraded. Time for a head up…? Jesus, is there nothing better to do… Nothing personal Londo, just got me awake….

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@angryde @londojowo’s league may have exceedingly high scores, but I wish mine were as low as yours. I have 54K, and I’m in 8th! Top scores as of 12:47 PM PDT (13 min before end of week 3) were
    54 (me)
    12th is 48K!
    I’m surprised that the person in 4th hasn’t moved up to at least 3rd today (because he/she is the person I caught cheating), but I’m not going to look at the final scores until tomorrow.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

@puttekula I was on week’s furlough and truly had nothing better to do as the wife and daughter worked during the week. I doubt I would have put as much time as I did had I not been protecting a winning streak. I won the last three weeks in diamond last season and wood, stone, silver, and now with this week’s win in gold I have 7 wins in a row. Hopefully I won’t have an Alex18 to deal with and 100k be enough to win this week.

Kookaburra67
    @kookaburra67

Finished second playing casually and completing objectives. Just started in platinum. Finished objectives and for the first time lost three times in one day, and back to back to back battles at that. First, the opponent kept resurrecting every single time. Second, the opponent kept time jumping like crazy. Third, I was winning by a good margin when the opponent performed 3 rage attacks in a row, what kind of crap is that!!! I also can’t stand the facts that the enemy begins roughly about 80% of the time, and the resurrection and time jumps for the opponent occur WAY more than they do for me. I’m going to just concentrate on the banners from now on when I face an opponent with resurrection and destroying the birds when there’s time jump (letting chain attacks take care of the banner when birds are standing). Of course that won’t help when as usual the opponent goes first and time jumps you into the ground. Ugh, just needed to vent…

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@bubbley @mvnla2
    I will also be staying in gold. It was a fierce battle between the top 4 jumping back and forth.
    Here were the finals from my board :
    1 125590
    2 119770
    3 118500
    4 105265
    5 72050 Me embarrassed
    6 70510

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2 I don’t know what’s going on… but I always seem to be placed in rather unambitious leagues. Hey, I’m not complaining! I finished in 1st with 59,000 and 2nd and 3rd finished with 56,000 and 52,000 respectively. I’m totally amazed by y’alls endurance and commitment!

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@dallasreds you shouldn’t be embarrassed I finished 5th with 83k. Well we will see what this week brings but grinding for hours everyday is something I will not do.

@angryde
    hope your luck continues.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

This week is such a relief from last week. I’m currently in 1st with 17k, 2nd – 14k, 3rd – 9k, and 4th – 8k. I think 3rd and 4th are still working on their objectives. Last week after the 1st day 3rd place was at 23k and after the second day 3rd was at 66k.

@dallasreds
    Don’t be embarrassed, just hope you have a more leisurely week with less competitive players. I assure you had I not been off last week I would be lucky if I advanced to the platinum league this week.

Kookaburra67
    @kookaburra67

Same thing has been happening with me. Don’t know if it’s relevant but I’ve been joining in on Sunday about 8pm EDT. Actually spent an entire week by myself week before last.

Kookaburra67
    @kookaburra67

My last reply was meant for you, my kids were distracting me :)

Tman
    @tman

@kookaburra67 That’s one of the reasons I avoid resurrection emblems if I can. They seem to happen way more often than expected. Today I had the objective to knock out three birds with one shot (one of, if not my most hated objectives), so I switched from my normal vengeance emblem to shroud. I don’t think the shroud protected itself once. When I fight a shroud emblem, it protects all the time. Frustrating.

After breezing through gold last week, I’m sitting in platinum in a very competitive league. And I’ve missed the first two 3,000 point objectives. I’m just playing to avoid getting sent back, no chance of winning moving up this week.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

@kookaburra67 I joined later Sunday afternoon as well. I ground for another 1.5k last night while watching TV. This morning no increased in the 2nd place player’s score and currently I have a 4k lead over them. This is such a huge change over last week and for the most part the weeks before. In stone and silver leagues by the end of day 2 I needed a score of 25k and 30k respectively to be in 1st place.

Kookaburra67
    @kookaburra67

I’ve heard several people talk about avoiding or rejecting opponents. How is that done? Only way I know to do that is to shut down my phone breaking the connection and restarting it.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@kookaburra67

There are two ways to get new opponents.

You can start an arena battle with Piggy McCool and exit the battle after the coin has been tossed. (This is generally quicker, unless you have ads).
    Or you can force close the app and then restart.

Do you follow Aussie Rules in Australia, or do you just focus on your local competition?

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@kookaburra67 Starting a battle with Piggy McCool then pausing and exiting it is much faster even if you watch the whole ad, but you can skip the ad after 6-7 seconds.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

Well, it was a leisurely week. Yesterday morning I had a 29k score and a 7k lead over 2nd. Had a player make a major move and went from 15k to 35k during the day and ground to 48k this morning. I ground to 40k last night but still hadn’t completed my 3k objective. This morning I ground to 57k and my opponent ground to 51k. Currently I have 63k after completing my objectives today. I plan on going to 70k today.

Jim151
    @jim151

Tough, tough Gold week for me. I had some bad luck yesterday and got only one of my three objectives before crapping out. Currently at 42,000 and barely hanging on to a 1 star position. Even if I had gotten all my objectives and grinded for another 6K, I’d still be in only 5th place and 40K out of 3rd.

I’ve never gotten past gold, and if it takes 4-5 hours of play every day to do so, no thanks.

AudioMan612
    @audioman612

So I tried switching my Red over to a full-level 45 set instead of a half-old Dragon set, and it didn’t help. If anything, it was harder. The dragon set is the only set for him that’s useful.

I spent 40 on trying to get third place yesterday after beating all my goals buy still dying o6 times after, and I’m still several thousand behind third in silver league. What a waste. I’m so over this. It’s just not fun anymore. Rovio needs to improve the formula for calculating power ratings. It takes banner HP into account way too much. My level 45 team is usually split between class levels 8 and 9, yet someone with all level 10’s and full sets on all of them (I’m sure level 45 sets) is ranked below me just because their banner has a bit less health. What a joke. That extra 2000 health will go by in one turn once you only have 0 or 1 birds left alive.

mich
    @m-ich

Just started the new arena season. There is literally nothing going on anymore in wood league. Made it from wood to stone with one set of daily objectives and nothing else. One battle would have been enough, as I was the only one on my leaderboard that had any points at all. I guess stone is going to be a little tougher, but we’ll see.

angryde
    @angryde

Barely avoided demotion back to the silver league… phew. The top three places at the conclusion of my gold league week were all over 100,000 trophies. I’ve never achieved that kind of total… even when I came first in the diamond league during season 2… :(

Jim151
    @jim151

Barely avoided demotion back to the silver league… phew. The top three places at the conclusion of my gold league week were all over 100,000 trophies. I’ve never achieved that kind of total… even when I came first in the diamond league during season 2… :

Me too. this week is easier. I’m in first by a healthy margin while playing about the same as last week when I finished 10th.

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

Does anyone know the duration of Season 1 (from 1.2.1 update to the beginning of S2) to make a prediction about the beginning of S3 ?

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@zackvoyager

The first season was 14 weeks. I think it was originally 12, but was increased to 15 (after all the cheating issues), but then dropped back to 14 weeks.

The second season was 12 weeks.

We are currently at week 6 of 12 in season 3.

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

@kerravon My fault, I really thought S3 had not began…

angryde
    @angryde

Another nester made a comment – elsewhere – about opponents’ arena power ranks/scores following the update… and I’m in agreement. Much lower power ranks/scores in general; and a much higher frequency of more lowly ranked/scored opponents. Is everyone else observing this new trend or..!?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Will you continue playing the arena in the third season?

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 382 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.