Where to Get Gifts?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Where to Get Gifts?

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 359 total)
  • Replies
  • James Peden
    @james-peden

Has anyone gotten a red gifts box anywhere since this last update. I played level 320 to 386 and never saw 1 damm red box. But rovio continually bothered me to spend $10 to upgrade my red bird offering to add 50% to the lousy 20 feathers they put in those useless treasure chests. I will join the hack crowd as then I may actually enjoy playing again.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@andalaybay @abeggertoo — I deleted AB2 from FB and signed in to FB again from AB2. Would be interested to know if you can see me now. Maybe I need to send you another friends requests? Or since I can see you, maybe you need to send me one???

ABeggerToo
    @abeggertoo

@mvnla2 I just sent an invite. Hopefully you receive it. I should have sent you a PM when you disappeared a while back. Sorry I didn’t.

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

No gifts of either variety found in level 9 or 13 since the update. I have found blue gifts in level 11 and now level 10.

@mvnla2
    , you still weren’t showing up, so I sent you an invite. We’ll see if that gets things reconnected.

Leo Ignatoski
    @leo-ignatoski

Has anyone found any red gifts in any levels? I didn’t see any even in the newest levels.

Birdbrain
    @furious

@james-peden there’s no fun once you hack. What is the point in playing something you know you can’t lose?

Birdbrain
    @furious

Any idea how much of your life is wasted with all the adverts? Terrible game

James Peden
    @james-peden

Just tired of constantly playing people who obviously have hacked. In the arena I was watching as I played the same person over and over. At first they only had 5 of the 7 birds in the flock yet 4 were diamond level and 1 gold. Next match he had 6 birds 5 diamond 1 azure. Next match 6 diamond yet still didn’t have terance. Plus they used all spells every level. Which at the time actually hurt them, so I was able to beat them the first 2 times I played but lost 2 of the next 3 matches. The fact that I played the same person 5 times in a row also is not right. I am now in amethyst league with 3 diamond and amethyst the birds yet in half my matches I am playing against someone with all 7 of their birds diamond level which gives them a plus 4 multiplier advantage, it is not impossible to overcome this disadvantage but I still lose most matches against people with 7 diamond level birds.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

@james-peden I have to agree.

While it is funny to see the very long awaited upgrade has hurt the cheaters by awarding them 1 star with their attempted cheat (but surely -1 star would have been better, as to automatically place them in a relegation slot), the other cheaters are still plying their trade.

I easily beat this player, obviously a hacked account.

image.png

But lost against one with varying levels of 5,6,7 and 8 birds and playing all five spell cards.

Therefore the upgrade has only been a partial success but combine that with the loss of the ability for the farming of feathers on levels 9 and 13, the conclusion must be, overall: the upgrade has failed to deliver.

Amazing that Rovio have ignored our concerns regarding players with bird cards missing with others at high levels and those with a vast disparity of levels between birds.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@mvnla2

I still cannot see you on AB2
    Just sent you an invite.

Regards.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@mvnla2

Also, cannot see you on the map.
    Regards.

Birdbrain
    @furious

I don’t believe the game play itself unfolds fairly. I think we’re activating a cartoon. I’ve hit timber with chuck and it hasn’t broke. I’ve had pigs fall in places where my birds that are left can’t get to. It’s all designed to suck. Ulcers me spoilt kids in to getting carried away with in app purchases. The whole format of in app purchases should be made illegal.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@abeggertoo @andalaybay @kedik22 — I just sent you all invites, even though I can see you all and send you gifts. Have any of you gotten gifts from me in the last day? I think I sent one to each of you. I am finding a fair number of blue gifts in the new levels.
    I haven’t gotten friends requests from any of you, perhaps because you are still on my friends list. My next strategy is to delete you as friends from FB, and then re-invite you, but not today.
    I do have a FB notification saying that you have sent me a request, but no request either on FB or in AB2.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@clovos @bankler — See my post above. I am having huge issues with FB friends on AB2. Not clear if anyone can still see me although I can see them. I can also send them gifts, but don’t think they are getting them.

ABeggerToo
    @abeggertoo

@mvnla2 it’s odd you can see @andalaybay and I, but neither of us can see you. I looked again and saw you in my invite list on FB from within AB2 so sent you yet another invite. I have only ever been friends with andalay and yourself, so all I can determine is my connection to andalay has remained, while you have disappeared.

When I opened AB2 today, I did receive a gift, but it can find ‘a friend.’ I had assumed it meant my connection to FB was broken, but perhaps it was a gift from you and somehow our connection is still there, but your account is beyond my view. I definitely don’t see you on any level scores, on the map, or a a potential receiver of gifts. A one-way link does you no good if you can gift me, but I cannot send to you.

I hope we get this resolved as the gifts now appear to be the major source of gems, other than paying for them.

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

@mvnla2, I’ve only gotten an invitation to play AB Friends from you, not AB 2. All the gifts I received today were from ABeggerToo. I haven’t found a friend gift yet, so I can’t say if I can see you or not. I suspect not. I think you’ll have to contact Rovio support to get this resolved.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@mvnla2

Hi.
    Same as above.
    Do not see you, and have not gotten gifts from you, in AB2
    Let me know what happens.
    Regards.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@abeggertoo @andalaybay @kedik22 — It seems that at least one of my FB friends can see me, so tomorrow I will try deleting you 3 from my list of FB friends and re-inviting you. Fingers crossed.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@mvnla2

Ok, good luck!

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Welp, I’ve been reading/lurking awhile but feel it’s finally time to speak. Not having discovered the technique of ‘gift farming’ until a few weeks ago, I was hesitant to finally update to the recent “fix” of a few days back… (until I realized I was no longer allowed enter the arena until I did it….) and am sorely disappointed.

Shame on you Rovio- you’re like the bratty kid who invites the rest of the neighborhood to play with him then “times-out” regularly in order to change the rules because it’s not going his way. Taking away the red gift boxes is one thing- but there’s already dozens of players who were on farming/cheats long enough to push all their birds to diamond level, and in doing so, you now started kicking anyone else right back down the ladder who was working their way up fairly- yet the others still retain their status. Nice move. Especially considering the few-and-far-between treasure boxes available now give a fraction of anything needed to move up. We get it, you’re slobbering at the thought of money- but now it’s necessary to pay pay pay to get anywhere in the ‘game’.

I agree with @birdbrain….Rovio should have fixed the things that were REAL problems… like when a bomb hits a structure and obliterates everything EXCEPT the TNT boxes (how does this happen), tiny little pigs who plummet from the top of the wreckage to the bottom unharmed and fall into cracks where no bird can get them… or the magician pig warping himself upside down under platforms making him impossible to be hit… or the balloon piglet who floats up into areas you can’t reach and gets stuck, forcing a reset…. or the so-called Arena participants who apparently use their last bird but their score keeps going up…. so many gameplay problems.

What started off as fun has quickly become the biggest time-sucking, cash-sucking, bandwidth-sucking, battery-sucking app I have ever touched. While watching each of the in-game ads, I have to say to myself… “If all your games patronize me like this Rovio, I wonder why you think this will encourage me to ever try another one of them.”

I have been a supporter since day 1, buying/playing every one of the AB series. I bought the first app and was promised free downloads of all ensuing AB games… until trying this one… what a disappointment. If you were trying to find ways to push people away from even wanting to play your games, Rovio, mission accomplished.

*deletes app*

AngryBroaf
    @shoemacher

I don’t see any red gifts anywhere. What a terrible decision, Rovio!

Has anyone encountered a treasure box more than once on any particular level after this update? I feel like there was one around 445, 447, or 449, but it isn’t showing up anymore. Do they only appear until you pass the level and then never appear again?

I know my usage has been studied by Rovio because I was one of the people who used to only get three lives. They are aware I three-star all my levels without using purchased spells. If removing the opportunity to level up relatively expediently without having to play/pay in the arena is Rovio’s objective, just know these limitations are not going to change my playing habits, except that now I’ll be playing considerably less, and no longer suggesting the app to others.

Would like to hear Rovio’s response to the red-gift gaffe.

Birdbrain
    @furious

I just do the levels now. After weeks of hour after hour battling in the arenas I’ve quit them. They benefit three types of player, those who have already spent hours farming the red boxes, those that have spent a fortune (rovio’s fave) and those who have hacked the game (rovio’s second fave), rovio won’t target these individual cheats, because whilst those cheats are beating you, you’re losing spells and lives and you’ll have to spend more money on the next round!! Rovio loves the cheats!!

Peter Sliep
    @peter-sliep

@bankler @clovos
    Would you be so kind to answer the questions regarding the gifts?

Are they gone? Do they come back?

What is the reason to nerf them? Can it really be a money issue? After all these years??

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I have not seen a red gift anywhere since the update. Has anyone?
    Interesting question about gifts only appearing once per level, and then never again. I did see a blue gift on level 9 during the first many restarts since the update, but then went 60 restarts without seeing another. @shoemacher — Under the best circumstances, gifts never appeared every time you played a level, but your question is an interesting one.

Maiasatara
    @maiasatara

I just started working on stats for Level 9 (and 13 cuz that’s where I had personal luck.) Too soon for any detailed lists yet but I got 4 gifts today, ALL BLUE! So, technically, my friend Jonathan got 4 gifts today and I got squat. (Actually he got 6 because I also earned another 2 blue in the 300’s in just getting to. Without those 100 feather boxes it is going to take a year to go from Emerald to Amethyst. I’m only playing to gather the proof I need to show that Rovio truly hates us but loves our money. Thankfully I’ve got new friends in Friends making that more fun and I was behind on Pig Days in Seasons, there’s a daily challenge here on ABN, so I have things to do. And I’m certain I have plenty of scores still below average I can revisit. Ooh – Stella isn’t done! There needs to be a way to opt out of or back out of Arena with spells. Now they they don’t replace, forget the entire round unless youvputvup equal number.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Where to Get Gifts?

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 359 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.