Where to Get Gifts?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Where to Get Gifts?

Viewing 25 replies - 276 through 300 (of 359 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@furious — Given our recent experience with Rovio, you need to be a lot more sarcastic than that or we’ll think it’s serious.
    @all — So far in the newest update I’ve seen gifts in 462, 463, 466, and 475 (just now). Given that I’ve used up multiple sets of 7 lives to get there, i.e. sometimes almost 5 on a single level, that’s a lot less than the 15% Rovio claims for uncleared levels. I was keeping track of how many attempts on each level, but quit. Too bad.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

@mvnla2 – finished all the new levels yesterday. No red boxes, 6 blue boxes showed up out of twenty levels. Didn’t actually complete a level to win a blue box either.

I’d guess the 15% figure is pulled out of the same air that an opponent in the arena pulls 3 cards, after being greyed out!

@bankler
    – one thing Rovio has succeeded in doing is making this forum more active. Shame it’s negative. You’ve a lot of reading to do on the various threads. Actually feel sorry for you because it seems like you don’t have final say on things. Maybe you could show some of these posts to the ‘higher ups.’

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@pilotxaq

More luck than skill, let’s just be clear. *smile* I’m really not that good, though these levels are getting to be pretty routine.

You are right about having a leaderboard without cheaters or big spenders — looks like I am lucky again for this next week, as it looks like I can at least get second place.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@all — Some of you seem to still be getting a reasonable number of blue gifts. Are you getting them from level 9, and if so in which room? I haven’t seen any there for days. I did, however, stop playing both rooms, because the gifts I did see were predominantly in the first room. I have seen a few gifts in the newest levels, and even managed to get a few, but again, haven’t seen one for a while.
    If you don’t want to discuss this in public, please PM me.

Birdbrain
    @furious

Completed all new levels 3 days after the update. Got no treasure chests appeared, got plenty of blue gifts but have no one on my Facebook that played the game anymore to gift to as they all quit it, they’re clever people. I get blue gifts on level 9 for daily rewards often enough. Still got terribly ripped off with opponents in Saturday, there seems to be a lot of ‘bad luck’ on deadline day when they pressure people to buy gems!!!!!!!!!! Pics to follow

James Peden
    @james-peden

I have had good luck since I made it to the diamond league 2 weeks ago.in that in both weeks there just 2 nut who got 1000+ stars and had 8 or 9 people not play at all and finished the week with 0 stars. Last week I was in 3rd place in diamond league. So far I’m in 2nd place this week.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@james-peden I would be interested to know what happens if you were to actually win top place in Diamond League. Apparently you advance, but to what? (The league of hackers, ha ha because those are the only ones who can achieve this)

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@djlarryt

I won in Diamond last week. Nothing happens. I got 100 gems and now am trying to do it all again this week. There are no “up” arrows next to the top three places in Diamond.

Something odd did happen, though — been meaning to post. @bankler, before my win I had 3 golds, 1 silver, and 1 bronze. Now I have 6 gold, 1 silver, and 1 bronze. I got extra gold medals for some reason. I was logged into the game as the Arena ended for the week, and the game acted like things weren’t finished. I exited the game and got back in, and that’s when my number of gold medal’s increased too much and I got my 100 gems. Could the game be reading the results multiple times before getting it right, doubling or tripling medals?

It would be nice if our whole game/profile/trophies were stored in the cloud for AB2. That’s really nice for Epic, as backing up games (the data/progress, not just the app) is kind of a pain.

Thanks
    sutekh137

pilotxaq
    @pilotxaq

@abeggertoo I hope it actually is a good sign of things to come, and that I can hit a good streak also.

@sutekh137
    enjoy it when you get it, I’m waiting to have one of those good weeks too. I’m in emerald and either I don’t play enough or don’t win enough, but some people seem to get over 40 stars in 3 hours sometimes.

@furious
    if you want someone to give them to, I’d be happy to join your crew. I have given out many but never gotten one. The few people on my list seem to have stopped playing long ago. I was finishing up seasons and working on space when AB2 came out, so I downloaded but took a while to start playing.

@mvnla2
    @all I have not been receiving all those blue chests in lvl 8, 9, 13. Stats in last two days (played both rooms each time):

8: 5 tries, 0 chests
    9: 5 tries, 0 chests
    13: 5 tries, 0 chests
    8: 3 tries, 0 chests
    13: 10 tries, 0 chests
    13: 3 tries, 0 chests
    8: 4 tries, 0 chests
    9: 3 tries, 1 chest on 3rd try (didn’t see it, but at end of level it came up)

Oh, and today I bought another premium chest: 1 chilli pepper

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

@sutekh137 Yes, there are issues the medals. Sometimes people get additional ones. It has been looked into and should most likely work as intended after the next update.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Only ONE attempt in the arena now every 3 hours, so not even an opportunity for watching a video will give you another one? Way to change the rules in the middle of a tournament Rovio. I guess the only ones who will be increasing their star count are the ones who have hacked their accounts with unlimited gems. It looks like maybe that’s what I should do too so I can play your game.

And it’s come to the point where if I enter the arena, see that my opponent has 5 spell cards and any birds with levels higher than mine, I just burn the contest and kill the app. Why waste my time playing up until my last round looking like I even have a chance at winning, only to see at the final screen that the player pulls out 6, 7, even 8 more cards and tops me by another 3,500,000 pts? Even watching your crummy video for one more bird isn’t even going to get me close to that. And no, I’m not going to blow all my spells trying to win so I’ll have to buy $$$ more gems to get more overpriced spells to waste as well.

What a colossal trial this game has become. There is absolutely not one fun thing about playing it anymore. My friends have all become bored of it and dumped it from their devices… so now I don’t have any more reason to gift. It won’t be long until I join them at this rate.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@djlarryt

I am still seeing an ad that gets me a second battle every 3 hours… Have you tried rebooting your device? I have found videos get wonky after a while in terms of when they display and whether or not I need to watch two to get the free ticket (very annoying).

Thanks,
    sutekh137

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@sutekh137 I rebooted last night and just used up my one try. The game went immediately back to the Arena without an opportunity to try one more time.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@djlarryt

That is very weird (and very frustrating, I am sure…). i’d say you could try a reinstall of the game, but I am not sure what that does to data — it would likely wipe everything out!

Are you on Android? Can you clear the app cache for AB2?

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

@sutekh137 @djlarryt

I’m having this issues as well.. it started when Sunburst promo went active. I get videos “once in a blue moon” (which is very rare, instead of everytime)

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@dragonofheart73

@djlarryt

I am seeing the Starburst billboards…will watch and see if my second Arena battle goes away…

…am watching an ad as I type…and here’s a second ticket.

Very weird…

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Well said DJ. 27 out of my last 31 arena opponents have had 5 spell cards. I’ve lost all interest to play at this point. What a shame cause this game had the potential to be one of the greatest.

pilotxaq
    @pilotxaq

@sutekh137 @djlarryt @dragonofheart73 @anyoneelse I have been having the same issue since this morning. One play and no video prompt. Thought it was just my system but apparently not

pilotxaq
    @pilotxaq

Still one arena try, and my last two opponents had spell cards. Also, haven’t seen a blue gift in my last 25 plays between 9 and 13, think that ship has sailed

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@pilotxaq

Tonight I played an Arena battle and then had no option to watch a movie.

I force-quit the game and then got back in, and it took a long time to load (longer than normal, anyway). When I went back to the Arena I had the option to watch a movie, did, and got a ticket.

I know you probably have, but did you try force-quitting AB2 several times and going back in to see if the ad option appears?

This is very strange and really screwy. @bankler, is this the type of thing that could change, server-side, in the middle of the week? We mere mortals who don’t have a ton of gems depend on getting our two battles in every three hours to stay even remotely competitive. Is there anything you can look into that goes beyond a “fixed for the next update”?

Thanks,
    sutekh137

pilotxaq
    @pilotxaq

@sutekh137 is that where u kill the game without using the exit function? I haven’t tried, will do soon

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@pilotxaq

Yeah, I just show all processes and fling AB2 off the screen. That kills the process.

If this sort of thing persists, I will clear the app cache and even uninstall/reinstall (I can backup the game data on my home computer and restore it after reinstalling).

I’d rather Rovio tells us what is going on, though!

Thanks,
    sutekh137

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@pilotxaq @dwhite40704 @dragonofheart73 @djlarryt — I’ve had a video to watch today for a second arena try, but I was out for most of the day. I play on IOS, and what usually works for me is to hard close all apps running in the background, do a hard power off, wait 20 sec, and power up and restart. Good luck.
    BTW, the starburst or whatever power ups are worse than the ducks.
    If I get an opponent with power ups or birds at higher levels than mine I hard close the app and restart; gets you a new opponent.

pilotxaq
    @pilotxaq

@sutekh137 @mvnla2 thanks guys, i hope this works. I also hope Rovio answers, because this method sucks

Proteus
    @proteus

Just playing level 9,12 and 13 today, and here’s the results :

9 : 4 blue gifts (21 tries)
    12 : 2 blue gifts (10 tries)
    13 : 7 blue gifts (20 tries)

But i think that stats above is useless. Instead you only need to send one blue gifts for completing daily quests, i’m still didn’t see any treasure chests or red gifts. Maybe next update all of our problems about get feathers will fixed ? I hope so.

Thanks.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Where to Get Gifts?

Viewing 25 replies - 276 through 300 (of 359 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.