Version 2.2.0 is out!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Version 2.2.0 is out!

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 64 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

@sutekh137

Wow, I don’t remember Reset ever being 65%, but assuming you’re right I can see why they nerfed it! That would be unstoppable in the arena. As it is, one battle against a team with it can easily go awry if the AI gets more procs than usual. (Especially now with the Mythic Time Jump emblem in play. WISH I could get another Mythic other than duplicate Thorn Walls and Shrouds, like I keep getting.)

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@poptimus

The cumulative effect of some of that Arena gear is why I will never touch the Arena again (tried it last a few weeks back and got really disgusted with it).

Thanks,

sutekh137

Anonymous

@sutekh137

I’m still enjoying arena. I guess I’ve managed to keep my gear mostly up to date, so I’m not at a disadvantage, and it’s a decent source of shards sometimes. (And, if you time your weekly entry well (read: if you get lucky), it can be a decent source of LCs too.

Also, while I complain about not having more Mythic emblems, the Thorn Wall one is pretty good with my usual team, which includes Witch and Rogues (and a third bird selected based on opponent, but usually Lightning Bird or Thunderbird). I force enemies to attack my banner with Rogues, they take themselves out, and I heal it with Witch for three stars almost every time. I just have to get creative with different setups when facing teams with Chuck’s Mana Well set, and/or a Weakened Healing emblem. (Or I can McCool them away, but I generally prefer the challenge of beating them.)

But, it’s only still fun for me because I do have reasonably competitive gear:

– Valiant (Pig Squire) banner set

– Mythic Thorn Wall emblem, as discussed above

– Chuck’s Last Will set

– Blues Avenging Will set

Missing any one of the above items would be a significant problem. Also, getting a Mythic Time Jump or Mythic Resurrection would be a HUGE help.

Coach MP
    @coachmp

@poptimus

I know this is probably mentioned somewhere else, but since we’re on the subject, could you please tell me how to get/receive a Mythic Emblem?  I’m assuming those are the ones with the simmering finish to them.  Opposed to all the normal non-mythic ones I have.  Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

@coachmp

The only way to get them is via the Arena Golden Pig Machine.

Anecdotally, I’ve gotten them more frequently when using a friend’s GPM than my own. I haven’t actually kept track of that, but it wouldn’t surprise me if the ONLY mythic emblems I’ve gotten have been from spins on friends’ GPMs. Also, I’ve only ever gotten like five of them, and three of those were duplicates of the two I already had, as mentioned above.

And for the record, I spin my own GPM and my friends’ GPMs pretty religiously. It’s a rare day when I don’t get three cracks at it. That’s a lot of spins since Mythic Emblems have been introduced to only get five of them! Our old friend datguygamer (who I won’t “@” here because I think being reminded of Epic brings back too many painful memories for him), once said that his review of the game code showed that there’s less of a chance of spinning a Mythic Emblem than even the chance of banner set items (i.e. set tops and set flags). Not to mention, you can’t get one from the Arena Ancient Relict, which sort of stinks.

So, just keep spinning. You’ll get ’em eventually.

Buds
    @budstheawesome

I got the Elite Samurai.
    Well, I only now need the Ronin, Moon Priestess, Elite Princess, Elite Spies and the Elite Avenger to complete all upgrades.

;)
    @winkwink

Well, they said they fixed it, but at the end of today’s event I was randomly switched from the winning Blue team to the losing Yellow team after battling up to the last minute to stay in first. I don’t think I will waste any real money on the latest LC offer, or any other for that matter, since no matter how hard you try, you get screwed out of the results of your efforts. Haha, maybe this is a new mental illness – irrational waste of time on Rovio phone games ;)

@poptimus, I tried your ‘usual’ arena team instead of my usual Skulkers/Stoneguard/Wizard set and it worked pretty well, though not as quick knockouts if you win the toss! Trying to explore different strategies lately since their CG opponents have become more difficult…

DD
    @toolow

@winkwink
    Found that out in the previous event. All they did was reduced the likelihood of board switching, perhaps by accident. At the same time, I’ve had ads in the event froze the app and lost ALL points rolled on the wheel, or ads not scheduled, for more than a few times a day. Those used to be a once a day problem for me but has greatly exacerbated on the last day of the event. So they can expect no monetary contribution from me, ever.

Leung Wai Hoong
    @leung-wai-hoong

@winkwink maybe you should just try to get a comfortable lead one hour before the event ends instead of trying to battle until the last minute, the reshuffling seems to occur within an hour before the ticker ends. Any of the others in your group who tries to steal a lead on your during this 60 minute is also likely to be reshuffled out too, so he will also take a huge risk if he attempts it.

@toolow
    my experience of minimizing this ad freeze (but still happened to me once during the last event)  is to wait about 3-5 seconds, press the play button only ONCE, and wait for the ad to load and play. Pressing the play button rapidly before the ad plays will always freeze for me. It seems that Rovio changed the sequence of the ad loading during the recent updates in order to fix the ad loading issue. My observation was based on the fact that for the GPM, the play button now grey out for quite some time before enabling it, and when I press play, the ad immediately plays (I guess the greyed out period is the time it takes to preload the ad first). The problem with the event ad is that there is no greyed-out/pre-loading period, so if you press the play too soon and the ad has not yet been buffered in, it will freeze if it does not load within the first few seconds (command time-out), or if you press again too soon (command overload). At least this is my hypothesis, you can try it during the next event and let me know if it works

DD
    @toolow

@leung-wai-hoong
    Thanks for the tip. Actually, I’ve been doing that for all ads especially that of the 5-SD one. Sometimes the free-roll ads in GPM just got stuck there indefinitely although they clear up occasionally. Also, the ads in between the arena battles can also freeze the app. Lately, the only way out is restart the app most of the time. We are at the mercy of internet server connection.

Anonymous

@winkwink

Glad to hear my strategy was helpful for you! A couple of tips on playing with that setup, in addition to using Chuck’s Last Will and the Blues Avenging Will sets:

– I prefer Matty’s Nightmare set too.

– I don’t use rage attacks every chance I get; I’m very judicious with them. I try to wait until all three enemy birds are down, then feed the chili to the Blues, so the attack damage hits the banner, and the KO effect of the rage also combines with Matty’s Nightmare set to do extra banner damage. If Rogues’ Sticky Goo is also already on the banner, that results in ~6000 damage from the rage attack itself, plus ~9000 at the end of the turn from Nightmare + Goo.

– I almost never feed Matty the chili. I’ll sometimes give it to Chuck, if it makes sense at the time.

– This probably goes without saying, but whatever: Make a concerted effort to let Nightmare and Goo finish off opponent birds (other than those that KO themselves on your banner/Cupcake Trap), because then it takes them an extra turn to recover.

– Try to KO your own Blues on your own turn when your opponent is sporting a Thorn Wall banner, because it triggers the Avenging Will set effect, which in turn triggers the Nightmare set effect. It doesn’t work when your opponent KOs your Blues on their turn, because the KO portion of the Avenging Will set effect wears off before the end of your next turn, when the Nightmare set effect would be triggered.

– Don’t use Thorn Wall against enemy Blues with the Avenging Will set. It freezes the game most of the time, so you have to abort the battle.

Seb
    @sebth

Hello,

Do you meet problems of synchronization between devices (Android) or progress not saved ?

DD
    @toolow

@sebth
    Yes. Some borrowed birds are no longer, Golden Pig LCs and FEs from friends etc. Happens also on the same device!

Seb
    @sebth

@toolow
    I reinstall Angry Bugs Epic and situation is the same but now, I can connect on Facebook to borrow birds…

After several tries, it seems that disconnecting/connecting to the Rovio account forces the game to save the progress.
    During the next event, after each battle / ads to have double reward, I will have to disconnect/connect to be sure that the progress won’t be lost.

DD
    @toolow

@sebth
    Good to know at least disconnecting/connecting to Rovio account works for you, and that you can borrow birds again.

Seb
    @sebth

Just for your information, do not follow my comment of connecting/disconnecting on the Rovio account. Except if you want to lose your whole progress and restart from the beginning, like it happened to me…

DD
    @toolow

@sebth
    Ugh. So sorry that this happened to you. One would think that Rovio should help sort out this problem. Perhaps @dallasreds can advise here?

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@sebth
    I had some problems similar to yours. I cotacted Rovio and they had to copy ny progress into a new file and I haven’t had any problems since then.

Seb
    @sebth

@dallasreds how much time do you wait before receiving a reply ? I submit my first ticket 8 days ago and never got an answer…

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@sebth
    It’s different everytime. I have had to wait a week several times but most of the time they ere good about getting back to you. Also once someone is assigned you can reply to them directly until every thing if back to normal. Good luck.

Dahnlor
    @dahnlor

This was mentioned before but is worth mentioning again — the LAG!!  It was mentioned by @suzyq that she has to wait 36 seconds for the map to load, well that’s what I get when using Blue Stacks – my regular phone (a Moto G4 Plus) takes more than a minute, and that’s every time I log in or return to the map from Arena, the Nest, or event map… just so I can log out! (Sure I can just force-quit, but that feels sloppy.)

Overall, since the latest few updates, the game performs as if my phone is throttling from serious overheating, even well before the temperature gets anywhere near that point.  Even the dojo is frustratingly laggy.

Also, when at the screen before starting a fight, it’s impossible to select Red’s Avenger.  I just tap on it and nothing happens.  I can only select Avenger when in the nest or arena.  (Then again, who would ever want to play with Avenger anyway? :) )

Coach MP
    @coachmp

@dahnlor Bingo!  The load time for the map is insanely long!  And purchases at the dojo, also super slow, as if the Rovio system is bogged down by too many players…?

I contacted support and they sent:

“Please accept our sincere apologies for this issue. We have tweaked the game progress on your account ________ and the loading times should decrease significantly. Additionally, you could try to reinstall the game to free some data on your internal memory.

It didn’t help.

-And you are correct again in the Avenger glitch and who would even use him?

Coach MP
    @coachmp

Also, I’ve noticed that auto play doesn’t work for me anymore.  Get’s stuck on mouthpool after a few waves.  Cannoneer and wizard.  Anybody else notice this new update perk?

Suzy
    @suzyq

@coachmp

@dahnlor

Until last night the lag had gone from 36 seconds to over 1 minute. However, I finally got a response last night to say they had also tweaked it and now find it is very quick.

@winkwink

I got a reply about the hats/weapons/offhand problem. They have found it is a problem within the game and have informed the developers and hope they will rectify the problem quickly.

ddiequez
    @ddiequez

I have written to Rovio twice and I was told that “many players experience this and it should be fixed in the next update.”  I just think they add window dressing to the game, but then they break something that already worked, like autoplay on the mouthpool.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Version 2.2.0 is out!

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.