Version 1.4.7 is out

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Version 1.4.7 is out

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 273 total)
  • Replies
  • pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

The 1.4.7/8 update has definitely brought a lot of changes for the better in the game for me. I’m facing much more balanced teams in the Arena. I’ve been able to grind properly and I’m now 1st in my group after completing the last days’s objectives… and with no defeats yet today. I went from 7th place 2 days ago to 1st and that’s after missing at least 2 objectives earlier this week. I’d have never recovered from that before no matter how I worked at it.

There are a couple of other grinders but no cheater. Top 4 is all pretty close as it should be.

Also, I haven’t seen a Valliant set in enemy teams in 2 days. That’s almost the only set I was seeing (like 9 times out of 10) before and often coupled with Chuck’s reset, and Time Jump. That was most often my undoing. It’s not teams with 200 power points above me that used to beat me, it was often much weaker teams with Valliant, TJ and Reset wiping me out in 10 seconds flat making it impossible to grind and often resulting in missed objectives a few times a week. That’s why it took me so long to ever make it to Diamond. And if you’ve seen my numbers in other threads, you know I don’t have weak birds or banners even if I’ “reconstructing” my weapons.

So far, this update is positive for me except I still can’t play on my iPad but having fun on BlueStacks like RedYoshi ;)

EpicGrindr
    @epicgrindr

@pointless @datguygamer @smwforever45 @angryjohnny
    Thank you for your posts on this rebalancing stuff: I am thoroughly enjoying putting the pieces together in order to figure out what actually happens, and if we keep sharing info, might actually succeed. Based on everyone’s posts, here is my latest take on the mastery rebalance weirdness:
    Random Mastery Up animation of your bird during play:
    *Location: may occur in Arena as well as in regular game levels
    *Reason: the Mastery Rebalance has processed
    *Effect: resuls in either:
    > Reduction of amount of Mastery needed for this bird to reach next tier, or
    > Actual increase to next Mastery tier (e.g. M8 to M9, etc) due to rebalance pushing your bird to the next level(s)
    (This one was pretty obvious and easy to figure, but from here it gets weird)

Borrowed bird Mastery up animation during play
    *Reason: the borrowed bird has not been used by its owner yet since the upgrade and the mastery rebalance has processed while you are borrowing it.
    *Effect(s): There may be a couple unintended effects from this, such as
    > Owner of the borrowed bird may become unable to launch game, because the load process which initiates rebalance gets choked out when it tries to calculate on a bird which has already been marked as ‘rebalanced’ due to the act of borrowing it. (Or something like that)
    > The rebalance result of the borrowed bird gets calculated based on YOUR same bird’s current mastery, and the net result increase gets applied to YOUR same bird (if you have the same class). So if the borrowed one is much lower mastery than yours, you get a huge mastery boost resulting in a multi-level increase. NOTE: This may not happen if YOUR same bird class has already been used and rebalance processed on it.

I suspect that my theory is still lacking some completeness or accuracy, but I am pretty certain I am on the right track at least. Since I don’t have but 3 Epic-playing friends, I have to depend on others to confirm or correct this hypothesis. So get crackin before they patch this new glitch, lol!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@epicgrindr
    The only weird thing is – I didn’t have a single change on my classes, and I didn’t get a single rank up animation from borrowed friends that wasn’t upcoming anyway… Why do I seem to the odd one out here?!?

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

@smwforever45

You’re not the only one. I didn’t have any rank ups after the update either and I have two birds getting pretty close.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@pixelyzed
    Ok, I’m not crazy then. :)

I still see Valiant and Resurrection around; for me nothing has changed in the Arena, except for the coin toss which seems fairer now. But my figures are too low yet to really tell; I’m still testing.

EpicGrindr
    @epicgrindr

@smwforever45 @pixelyzed I guess it could be an additional effect of what could amount to the inadvertent “stealing” of the mastery rebalance of your birds by friends who borrowed them before you opened Epic after update? But if that was actually the case, it could only affect the three birds you had selected (because you can only borrow a bird class which a friend has currently selected).

Otherwise, the only thing I can think of that would prevent the rebalance from leveling up a bird which was already close to leveling up would be if the game hasn’t actually been updated, or possibly if the bird levels were lower than 8, since the lower the level, the less noticeable effect rebalance has.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@epicgrindr
    My mastery wasn’t stolen!!! My birds did get borrowed while I couldn’t access my game but that didn’t affect my mastery ranks or my progress in any negative or positive way! It just did nothing!

My game is on version 1.4.8 and all my bird classes except for Stone Guard and Sea Dog are mastery 8 and above.

My theory about this whole rebalance thing is still, based on what I see on my own game: There has been no rebalance! Mastery classes and progress to the next rank weren’t changed, only the absolute numbers (meaning the amount of mastery needed from one rank to the other, NOT the percentage already completed!) have been changed.

EpicGrindr
    @epicgrindr

@smwforever45
    What do you mean by “didn’t get a single rank up animation from borrowed friends that wasn’t upcoming anyway?” Before this update, I had never seen a borrowed bird get rank up animation. they don’t gain mastery from getting borrowed, as far as I know.
    If you did see any borrowed birds get a rank up animation, I think that would be the glitch manifesting. However, since it didn’t noticeably impact your birds’ mastery, rebalance had already processed on your bird of same class, or else something I haven’t yet considered is going on.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@epicgrindr
    But that’s what seems to be advertised here right now, that mastery can be gained from borrowing birds now, and that’s not the case! I do not gain mastery for other friends’ birds and friends don’t gain mastery for my own birds.
    Whenever I borrowed a friends’ bird I didn’t get a single rank up animation. That’s what I said.
    I only got one rank up animation and that was my own Stone Guard ranking up from 6 to 7 because he was close to ranking up. That’s what I meant with “that wasn’t upcoming anyway”.

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

@smwforever45

I actually saw Valliant a couple times during the battles for today’s objectives. But not once this morning and last night as I was grinding to rank up in my Arena group. Like I said, it used to be almost the only banner set I saw.

Coin tosses are just about as bad as ever for me as is the wheel. But at least the game is playable again :)

Pointless
    @pointless

@epicgrindr @smwforever45
    I don’t think anyone is suggesting that borrowed Birds actually gain Mastery, rather it is simply a glitch dependent on the state of your own Birds due to the changed Mastery point levels.

EpicGrindr
    @epicgrindr

@smwforever45
    Ok you’re on the right track here. Absolute numbers for mastery were tweaked. But after that applies, your TOTAL mastery earned should get overlaid on those absolute numbers and the mastery tier of a bird then gets adjusted accordingly.

As far as “getting mastery via unprocessed borrowed bird” goes, we’re talking about that calculation of overlaying earned mastery over the new absolutes having an effect. Possibly all the birds you have borrowed have alrady been processed, so there is no noticed effect. OR, maybe the 1.4.8 update that allowed you to access the game again abandons the level adjustment code they futzed up so badly in 1.4.7.

Either way, DEMAND COMPENSATION!, lol. (If you are a paying customer at least, haha)

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@pointless, @epicgrindr, @smwforever45

Yes and no on @pointless last comment coming from what I saw. I don’t know if anything actually happens to friends birds, but on my screen I have seen friends birds go from 3 to 4 mastery in battle and then after the game I have seen a friend’s Paladin go from M4 to M15(my Paladin is already M15 so no reason to rank up). The same with a friend’s Sea Dog go from M3 to M14, the exact same ranking as my Sea Dog. One caveat though, I haven’t updated yet so I am still on the old update. ???

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@epicgrindr
    Nope, that didn’t happen for me. If that was the case, my total mastery earned for Wizard, overlaid on the new absolute numbers, would be way beyond M15 thus invalid. He’s still at M14 and the relative number (meaning the achieved percentage to the next rank) stayed the same, which basically means that the Mastery earned for my Wizard went down by about 100k. (I track it all in my Excel chart you know!)

All I lost was 1m mastery points or even more on all classes. Which would be worth 156,000 Snoutlings. Not sure if that is worth demanding a compensation for…

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@shapokomanbeast
    I doubt your friends’ birds would actually level up by 11 ranks. You can ask them if you want. XD
    I suspect this is a major glitch in 1.4.7 that is also the reason why the game glitched out and refused to start on so many devices.

EpicGrindr
    @epicgrindr

@shapokomanbeast
    What you noticed fits with what I have seen too, and version still seems important to the discussion.

@smwforever45

Ok, so 1.4.8 looks like we have a patched unfutzing, or what they will undoubtedly refer to as “the intended outcome of rebalancing”. So it seems likely that when they force the 1.4.8 update on everyone, we all go back to match what you are looking at.
    Probably for the best anyway, but I will be sad to have this little puzzle taken away before we get it fully solved, lol. Also sorry that you had to miss out on it. If you had been in the thick of it with us, I’m sure you would have already sorted it out for us.

:-)

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@smwforever45

You’re probably right of course, just saying what’s on my screen ? And I haven’t updated to 1.4.7 I believe I’m still on 1.4.6

Pointless
    @pointless

Has anyone actually seen their Birds gain Mastery from being borrowed? Hard to track, granted, yet we need proof if this is indeed the case.
    I do think this is just a glitch based on the rebalancing, as my Birds are where they should be, adjusted to the new Mastery goals.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Ok so here is what I think now that I read it all and reconsidered:

1.4.7 introduced a massive change on Mastery ranks. Ranks were rebalanced and it was made easier and faster to reach consecutive ranks. Mastery earned in previous versions would stay and your Mastery rank would go up according to how much total Mastery you earned until the update.

However, a problem occurred. There were some (or let’s say, a lot of) players that had more total Mastery on one or more classes than the new maximum would have been (including my Wizard – all other classes of mine are below this new maximum)! This confused the game so much that it probably gave out a fatal error or something while applying the rebalancing during the first launch of the update (“Loading balancing into memory”), and the game would refuse to launch for anyone that had such a high-ranked class. Rovio got aware of this issue through many angry and sad complaints from players and had to find a quick solution.

As the solution, they presented 1.4.8: the rebalancing of Mastery ranks is still there, but instead of accrediting all earned Mastery, they only accredit so much Mastery that the user’s progress is exactly the same as before the update. Which means that all players – including the ones that didn’t originally have the problem! – lost a lot of total Mastery and wasted a lot of time grinding and spending Snouts at the Dojo, but at least, their way to the maximum rank is a bit shorter now.

Honestly, I think they could have accredited just so much Mastery that all birds beyond the maximum cap are capped off at the new maximum cap and stay as M15. That would have been the best solution for all. But maybe it would have taken too long for Rovio to code in. Or they had an interest in making players spend some more money even after the update.

EDIT: I do not understand, however, how an M9 class would go to M14 just from rebalancing. My Bard had 124,066 total mastery points before the update. That was enough for M9. This amount of Mastery is enough for M10 with the new absolute numbers. To M14, Bard is missing more than 100k Mastery points. She would have needed M11 on the old game if she was to obtain M14 on the new game.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

LOL okay. I take back what I said to @shapokomanbeast, because I just now got this:

My Wizard’s Mastery didn’t change from this. I didn’t even play with him, LOL.
    The bird I borrowed was an L52/M10 Samurai far from ranking up.

EpicGrindr
    @epicgrindr

@smwforever45
    Your essay seems to summarize it pretty well, but now that 1.4.8 has been released and seems to have stabilized the rebalance, most of my motivation to figure out what was going on with 1.4.7 is rapidly vanishing, lol.

So focusing on what 1.4.8 does, it seems pretty sad that a player’s mastery grinding AND purchases would be devalued just to achieve a mastery tier rebalance. It is not difficult coding to simply apply progress towards a new mastery tier absolute. From a coding viewpoint, it is also irrelevant how much “over the cap” mastery a player would adjust to. Mastery beyond cap = discarded: no biggie. What you suggest has happened in 1.4.8 would take a lot more coding to accomplish.

At any rate, since I can’t speak to those affected by going from 1.4.6 to 1.4.8, I will leave that topic to you. I will be going from 1.4.6 to 1.4.7 to 1.4.8, and will record current mastery on my game before updating it again to see if there is any change to report.

EpicGrindr
    @epicgrindr

@smwforever45
    Oh you colossal nerd, lol! That’s the same rebalancing effects we have all been discussing, and apparently still going on in 1.4.8… Maybe it’s just slow to process on whatever device you have been using. Personally, I am going to just put the blame on Blustacks and discount anything you post until 3 hours have passed, hahaha…

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@smwforever45
    Lol you got to hand it to Rovio. When they mess things up they go all out ?

Anonymous

Right now my Thunderbird needs -9,477 mastery to rankup. Looks like I’m getting this glitch is a different way. :P

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@epicgrindr
    My rebalancing is long through!!! The message I got was RANDOM and NOTHING happened to my own birds afterwards! No reason to call me a “nerd” or ignore all I say… :/

I feel a bit mad because it seems you’re not believing me…

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Version 1.4.7 is out

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 273 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.