Updating your progress

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Updating your progress

• I have this message from about one day and can’t do anything.

Not working ABTransformers!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

“I have this message from about one day and can’t do anything.”

Truthfully, no one can.

It’s a well known issue, and has been well discussed in this forum (search for those threads if you’d like to read more).

Rovio has suggested a number of fixes, which don’t really seem to work permanently

Here’s what you need to do to avoid it. Unfortunately you’ll need to do this each time on a case-by-case basis.

1. launch the app normally with your wi-fi/data connection ON (the game app won’t allow you to proceed it if’s OFF)

2. while you’re on the startup screen, but before you’ve gone into the map screen, “soft” close the app and go into your device settings and turn off your wi-fi/data or go into “airplane” mode.

3. go back into the app and once you hit the map screen, if you timed step (2) properly, then you shouldn’t get this update message.

4. run a few nodes with the data/wi-fi still turned off.

5. “soft” close again, and go to your device setting and re-enable your data/wi-fi

You should be OK now, at least until the next time you get this again. It’s pretty random, so it could be hours, or days.

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

Hello. Thanks to everyone who has raised this issue and provided information. We have identified the cause, and it will be fixed in our next full update. I’m afraid I can’t give you a definite date for this, but you shouldn’t be waiting too long :)

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@gradientturtle7

” … and it will be fixed in our next full update …”

+1!

Asen_77
    @asen

I test all this that you mention, and noting work. Than after a few hours just start the game and it was fixed. Now is working properly.

One more thing. I knew this is not the right topic, but several times I have Storage quantities change. I have storage level 15, but at one time I have 100 pcs for 4 items and 75 on other two. 25 pcs on the special egg. Then I log again and there is new quantities – 15 pcs max for 4 items and 12 pcs for other two. Only 5 for special eggs? Why this is happened?

ph
    @ph

@optimuspig Thanks for this. I was missing step 2. My problem is that every time I try step 5, I still get the “updating progress”. I have already lost 40 – 60 gems and 100k+ coins in the last 2 days.

@gradientturtle7
    Hope this is soon and I am with @20qmindreader, how are we going to be compensated, if at all.

Searay
    @searay1

Good to know this will be attended to. I’ve lost 250,000 coins and several gems and pigs in the last 7 days. Very deflating..

Searay
    @searay1

Again today at 1:15 PM EDT. Lost 100,000+ coins.

drewish
    @andrewmarlor

So reading between the lines we should expect a full update in the next couple of weeks? They better add some new area’s and maybe even some new bots. The game is getting stale.

WeeNaoise
    @weenaoise

I have lost nearly 800 gems with the “updating your progress” and several hundred thousand coins. I had assumed it kicked in if you crafted too much.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I don’t care if they add new stuff or not. I’m at Rank 435 (or technically I will be once the timer counts down to zero). I’m done with this game! No more progress to update!! Yeaaaaaaaah, baby!!!!

WeeNaoise
    @weenaoise

Just had a “Downloading New Assets” that knocked out the ongoing missions…

Bossk
    @henjovr

Was this caused by another soft update (“downloading new assets”)?
    If so: Rovio, please stop doing that! Each update should get a unique version number and a changelog!

Rovio, do realize that this is a horrible way to develop and release software…

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

The “Updating Progress” bug should have nothing to do with the soft updates.

Searay
    @searay1

Wow, had 700k+ coins, opened the game and had 570k. Lost gems and pigs as well. There is an available process for release/update/communication for software integration. Can someone at Rovio pls pursue that.?

cwgrltx22
    @cwgrltx22

If this is a “known” issue why don’t you fix it. Tired of getting this message & losing progress

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Updating your progress

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.