Tower of Misfortune

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Tower of Misfortune

Viewing 15 replies - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Replies
  • Buster
    @doulgas

I always pay the first bounty. Always, even if the pig is on floor 2. It’s the 2nd and 3rd  pigs that matter to me. So many times I get a nice little run before that 2nd pig. If I don’t, then take the video rather than pay the 50 gems. But I’ll gladly risk that first 20 gems for those days I get a good run.

The same applies to the 2nd and 3rd pigs, but I’m starting to get stingy at that point, so I’d better be up there where the rewards are starting to get better.

I understand that if you don’t have a fair stash of gems saved up, you might be a lot more cautious. I have a decent supply and never use them except in mebc and tof, or arena in exceptional situations.

Flinx
    @flinx

I’ve got over 10,000 gems banked up so could well afford to pay the 20 to continue, but when I see a pig on the second floor day after day it sours me on the whole game. Give me a pig on floor 3 just for a change of scenery and maybe then I’ll get up off a few of my shekels and continue.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

A pig on floor 2 should be an automatic quit for anyone. Don’t watch the video or spend gems and give Rovio any $$$. I actually wouldn’t mind the occasional pig on floor 2, but it occurs far too often to be random chance. Given there are 4 cards, a pig should appear roughly 25% of the time, not the 60% or more it generally does.

Today I thought I was finally going to have a great run. No pigs until floor 16, and had already earned 70 gems so that would cover two continues. Well, it didn’t go the way I was hoping. Hit a pig on 16, paid gems, pig on 17, paid gems, pig on 18, watched the video, and quit.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Wow…3 pigs in a row is ludicrous, especially after you’ve forked over gems to keep going. I think we know what would’ve been waiting for you on floor 19.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Without a doubt there was another pig on 19, and a 100% chance I would have hit it.

ctcrusher
    @ctcrusher

What video ? Never had one in nearly a year!

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Some players just don’t have the continue video in which case I would straight out not bother playing the ToF unless you’re willing/fine with spending gems for continues. With the video you always know that you have the option to leave for free and keep what you have; personally I 100% wouldn’t play without it, as having the video is a secure and guaranteed free exit.

Also I’ve heard that if you’ve spend money on the game (e.g buying the gem letter) then apparently that removes most/all the video options from the game. I haven’t spent a cent on this game and won’t ever be doing so, not when there’s reports of users being having in-game features removed like that.

Buster
    @doulgas

I got burned today but it was my own stupid fault. Three pigs in a row, floors 2-3-4.  No video option. It turned out my internet connection went down briefly, so no video option. When I reconnected it came back, but I had already wasted 70 gems by then.

Reminder to self: check the connection first.

hatlad
    @hatlad43

Hey I got lucky reaching level 33 just yesterday, followed Lemon’s advice. But then one piggy pops out at 2nd level today. I reckon tomorrow, the pig will come out as soon as level 3. As it used to, before the lvl 33 thing.

Buster
    @doulgas

Sometimes they’ll give you a couple of good runs when there’s a hat event going on. For me it’s usually toward the end.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

I always get a good run (usually 2 great days and one okay) right before a hat adventure so for the next 10 days all I get is pigs, pigs, and more pigs on 2-4. I was amazed I even got Red’s hat. Had I not gotten gems on floors 1 and 2, which paid for the pig on 3, and the video got me past the pig on 4, I would once again be looking at another hat adventure where I get zero hats.

Flinx
    @flinx

I just came out of the tower and ya know what? screw it.  Scratch off lottery tickets have better odds.

Since I have a ton of gems hoarded away I decided to have a go at it.  Setting my limit at 5,000 gems plus the 60 gem admission fee I ventured inside to get started.  First floor, 14 feathers. Oh yay.  Floor 2 is where the pig lives of course, as is Floor 3.   No big deal right?  Pay the man and carry on.

Long story short, it cost me 780 gems to just get to the 16th floor, with 38 gems, 7 spells, 114 feathers and 40 black pearls as the prize bank. I gave up and bailed out.

Nikie
    @nikie

Since the last update the tof crashes while I’m playing. I didn’t use the video option because it used to crash after the video’s. Lost 140 gems this last two days and didn’t get the winnings. (Odd: the gems you pay to continue are distracted immediately, but what your winnings were is not registered and get lost when the game crashes again)

Takayasu
    @takayasu

Sadly, I have been kicked out of the Tower of Misfortune for two days in a row.  Both times during the watching free video portion. This has not happened for a long time, so getting it on consecutive days is frustrating. Especially since I paid some gems to get to around level 30 on both days. Duh.

I’mtrying
    @michelle324-2

I never had the play free option the first two years while I played the game everyday and that’s on two devices, I play on my iPad and iPhone. I use to buy the monthly letter the first year then stopped. I still play this game everyday and I also haven’t spent a dime on the game for over a year now, so glad I did especially since Rovio plays dirty. I no longer use gems to continue the game I just replay them. Suddenly about 2 months ago and it must of been during a hat event because I never play that anymore unless that event is going on, and to my surprise I finally came face to face with what I had only ever heard of , I finally saw the play free just watch a video option in the tower. I gad to pinch myself. Foolishly though I used it at 50 coins but have learned I can go up to a 100 then use and opt out of the tower when I’m on a hat quest, which I now also never get more that 3 or 4 during a hat event.  I thought since I have that option in the tower no surely the option for me to continue the game with one free bird though it’s usually Blue or Chuck when I have only have rocks to hit, instead of quitting or playing gems for 3 birds, would be gone. I my surprise it wasn’t. I now have both, which is unfair in imho, no right if everyone doesn’t have it. Because if I had to pick just one, again even though the only time I ever play it now is the first couple days of a hat event, its rigged and it’s one of the things I gave up when I came to my senses and stopped spending real money on the game, I’d pick the tower one. Though I continue to play every single day I now only play Eagle nest, my clan event, and daily quest. I’ve been at a 1500 level for more than a year since I haven’t even tried to play any more of them. Also I’ve haven’t been playing very long compared to some players, again only everyday for almost 3 years and there are players who’ve been playing daily since day one. I keep telling myself to quit, and I want to, it’s only because I’m a clan leader and no one will step up to take over. I’m going to sneak out in the middle of the night and knight one of the co leaders with the title. I’ll be gone and there’s nothing they can do right. Good luck and hope your having fun with the fame, that’s what counts.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Tower of Misfortune

Viewing 15 replies - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.