Tower of Fortune

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Tower of Fortune

• surely some of you must win decent prizes there, I on the other hand can never catch a break playing the tower.  The price increases are so out of line with the reward increases that it’s just not worth it.  100 gems for the chance to win 14 red feathers or another bottom rung hat I’ve already won 500 times? I don’t think so.  I’ll need to win that same stupid hat another 2,000 times before it will translate to enough pearls for a legendary hat. Wheeeee!, am I having fun yet?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • Replies
    @nas76

Sometimes I get good runs and others not so much so.  Outside of hat events my approach is “is what I have collected so far worth another pig?”, if the answer is “No”, quit there and then, if “Yes”, continue.

Example 1: Get a pig on level 2, just quit.

Example 2: Get a pig on level 4, let’s say in the first 3 levels I’d picked up 10 gems some feathers and an apple. You know if you spend 20 you will get another go on level 4 and 10 Black Pearls on level 5, so that an quit on level 6 if you don’t want to spend 50 gems for the subsequent pig. That bit of loot would have cost you 10 gems overall.

Example 3: Let’s say to get past level 10 without getting a pig but get the first one on 11. It’s probable that what you collected is worth 20 gems, then you ask yourself, is what you got worth another 50 if I decide to not quit on level 12?

If you follow this method you may go days without getting much out of ToF, but at least you won’t get robbed.  Let’s say you’ve had your 4th pig on level 28; then there’s a possibility you could get another pig on level 29 costing you 400 gems all because there’s a possibility of getting a x10 hat on level 30.  If that’s the case it’s down to you to mitigate the risk/reward possibilities.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

The ToF is rigged garbage, you’ll hit pigs as early as floor 2 as I do pretty much every day. If that doesn’t happen then I get to floor 3 then get a pig, then I watch the free continue video, and probably get a pig on floor 4…it makes me want to throw my tablet against the wall.

The prizes are trash early on and you’ll only start getting decent amounts after floor 5, but the game just gives you pigs immediately when you start playing to get you to waste gems to continue. Right now I just try to get to floor 5 and leave with whatever I have, and just pray that no pigs show up, as I have no interest in sinking gems into this nonsense when chances are you’ll just get hit with pig after pig and lose more and more gems.

The ToF basically has a pattern and will sometimes “allow” you to get far with no pigs. Sometimes I can get to floor 5 with no pigs and then get one after, which is fine because I can just use the free continue video as an escape hatch. Sometimes I can get as far as floor 10 with no pigs. On rare occasions I get to floor 15+, but for the most part you’re already losing as soon as you open it, and I think most players (and members of this forum) can attest to the ToF being rigged to hell and that there’s a predictable pattern to it.

My advice is to just hit the fast forward button, go and do something else for a minute, come back, watch the continue video and then leave with whatever scraps you’ve got (if you’re 1 floor away from a safe floor then obviously go to it and then leave). Or if you like to live on the edge then by all means continue on but at your own risk, you will more than likely just gets pigs and be tempted to spend gems.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

There are only two options to get far in the Tower of Misfortune.

Spend a lot of gems which means either you have to send $$$ to Rovio, or wait forever to collect enough gems to make a run. I’ve seen people say they’ve spent 10K gems for one TOF run, although that was when it went up to 90 floors. IIRC, it only goes to 60 now.

Wait for the 2-3 days that seem to appear roughly once a month where you can get very far without hitting a lot of pigs, plus earning a lot of gems at the same time.

I do the latter. I’m not sending $$$ to Rovio. My rule is if I hit a pig before getting gems and before floor 5, I will use the video and call it a day. If I already have at least 10 gems, I’ll pay the 20 and see how far I can get before hitting another pig. If it is right away, I’ll watch the video and quit.

AngryBoston
    @ogandzyuk

Lucky you. Video option disappeared for me long time ago. Rovio to my message just said “We improve the game experience”. Sure. Good luck

Demon Jin
    @demonjin

But has anyone actually done the math as to how many gems you do need? I am currently contemplating saving up for a ToF run… JUST SO THAT I CAN GET THE ACHIEVEMENT. Sorry for the caps but I was just trying to highlight my point. If I save up enough gems I can knock out the Feats achievement so that I can stop looking at it for once.

Has as anyone seen a thread in the forums giving you a full run down on the costs of hitting a pig at each floor? I am prepared to pay that price just to knock the feat out of the list.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

How many gems you need completely depends on the number of pigs. I’ve made it to floor 60 a few times and came away with a surplus of gems, hitting less than 10 pigs the entire run.

Buster
    @doulgas

@demonjin, I recall seeing such a post a while back, a year or so, where someone had counted the gems they spent to make it all the way.

But as AggieGuy says. that’s really not instructive because your results, as they say, may vary. I’ve been to 60 a few times using the general strategies mentioned above. Know when to fold ’em. If you can manage to get past floor 20 and especially 30, the rewards get better and you can often win more gems than you’re spending. In those cases, and they are pretty rare, I’ll keep going.

The most I have spent was about 7000 gems (net) when I was trying to get as many “adventure” hats as possible to avoid having to buy them later. There was also a double feather special going on. It was worth it because I also got the jackpot egg, which has a nice payoff. But note the jackpot egg comes at floor 40 and you don’t get anything extra to reach 60.

AngryBoston
    @ogandzyuk

During the hat events (twice) I spent real money in the past. First time $200 (x2 14,000 gems pack), second time $300 (x3 14,000 gems pack), in both cases entire run till floor 60 costed me at least 20K of gems. The thing is, the game allows you to go somewhere till level 22-23 with just few pigs, and then… Every second floor – pig, pig, pig, and the cost to continue in gems looks like (if I remember correctly): 20, 50, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200. So just calculate and see, that somewhere after 8 pigs, each your next attempt will cost you 3600 of gems.

And in both cases I collected 5 hats of new hat set. You will ask was it worth spending? No. After “playing” it twice, I decided never spending money on this game until conditions will become fair to every player in the game (like free video options in ToF, KPP, DC etc.)

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Made it to floor 30 today with 1 pig, on floor 3 and already earned 10 gems on floor 2 so paid the 20.

Then hit pigs on 31, 32, and 33 which was it for me. This put me at -30 in gems and if I hit a pig on 34 it would 400 gems to continue as I used the video after hitting the pig on 33. I would have risked the 400 to try for the egg. Did get a tribal mask hat on 30, which doesn’t get me much as I only have one other hat in that set. Would have rather got either a missing wizard hat (only need 2 more) or a legendary hat I already have due to the double pearl event.

I’m sure they have some algorithm which controls what you get and how often you can make a run without it being a pig fest.

Tomorrow I’ll probably get an apple, duck, or inflator on floor 1, and then a pig.

Buster
    @doulgas

Yeah, I don’t try to outsmart the thing. Just take what they give you. When it looks like they’re being generous, pounce.

Flinx
    @flinx

Today I got 20 yellow feathers on floor 1 and a pig on 2.  I won’t even watch the video for that.  I don’t expect the game to heap huge prizes on me but that’s just absurd.

Buzzeeee
    @buzzeeee

Advice on things that happen on the TOF so many times that it’s far from coincidental:

— get a pig two cards before the hat card.   Pay, but if you continue the next card’s a pig.   Happens all the time.  So if you see a pig two cards before the hat cards, stop with that pig.

— pig on the second card you get.   Stop if that happens and don’t even pay the 20 for that pig.  Early pigs are a sign they’re gonna keep giving you lots of pigs and its not worth your gems.  Leave TOF for that day without paying it anything.

— the day a new “adventure” opens.  Play the automatic button.   It almost always wants you to have the first two adventure hats so you’ll play the adventure, so you usually get a good haul early on.  After the first two pigs it can go either way.  You almost never get the third hat that day no matter what, but it sometimes lets you get the fourth hat with maybe just paying the 100 gem pig.   After hat 4, your chances of getting anything else usually dwindle, but risk it if you want.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Some sound advice there @buzzeeee. There are little tricks you can do with the ToF as it’s so predictable at this point. It will try to let you think you’re going to get good prizes and then throw some double pigs on you. Also a pig as early as floor 2 (happened to me today when I tried to get the new hats) is just a bad sign and you can reasonably expect at least another pig.

You effectively have 2 continues; 1 that costs only 20 gems, which isn’t that bad considering you can earn 50-60 gems from the daily quests and can get gems from the free chest, so you don’t really lose out that much. Plus for those that have it, the free continue video.

For me, if I get past floor 5 with no pigs then I’ll pay the gems, continue and then watch the video and leave after that. If I get pigs before floor 5 then I’ll use the video and get out, or in some cases risk it and try to get to floor 5 and then leave. Given that the prizes this early on are laughable then there really isn’t any loss. If I get just spells then I’ll leave with those as I would prefer to keep those and maintain my supply for arena matches, so I’ll watch the video and leave, and not risk losing them even if it’s just a mere 2-3.

Buster
    @doulgas

I use these tactics for the most part, though I will always pay the 20 gems, even if card #2 is a pig. Sometimes another pig will follow in level 4, but I just watch the video, get my free hat card on #5 and quit.

One of my main goals is to collect at least 2-3 apples from TOF. Since the video option has been taken away from DC and KPP, I don’t complete them as often and it’s harder to get the apples I need.

My experience with the hat adventures is the same. 2 hats on fast forward are virtually automatic. After that I take my chances with manual selection, though I suspect the results will be about the same as with FF. I do find that on the last day or two of the adventure TOF will let you go much higher if you’re willing to part with some gems. I can often grab another 2-3 hats that way.

garethw
    @garethw

I was pigless until level 23 today and got the first three hats.

Then pigs on 23,24,27,28 and 29! with the final insult of not getting the hat on 30.

Proof that if you hit a pig cluster of more than a couple just stop.

Vogel Birdson
    @stevey

What irks me the most is that I’ve managed to get to floor 40 a couple of times in the past month or so, without having to spend all my gems, but haven’t hit the Jackpot egg. That’s just plain mean.

When another Feather Frenzy comes round I may have saved enough gems to give it another go at the higher levels.

Piggsy
    @piggsy

Got lucky day today. I earned 5 hats. I missed Chuck one and didn’t get Terrence because I spent too much gems and watched the video. Overall I lost about 40 gems and reach 51th floor. It’s really weird because every single time I manage to win 2-3 birds per adventure. With these birds I won today, I am on last round in the adventure  now and think that with chuck I could win legendary chest.

Anyway, I get the first two birds always, no matter which card at 5th and 10th floor I choose. But it’s not enough to go further so I have to collect BP to buy lost hats.

Flinx
    @flinx

I finally had a decent run up the tower.  Made it up to floor 46 and gained nearly 700 gems and a Fancy hat along the way.  Found the Jackpot Egg and scored a Mythical hat, lots of feathers and 5,000 black pearls.    Feels good to finally have won some worthwhile prizes.

Piggsy
    @piggsy

Until today I’ve got 5000 gems collected from daily tasks. Few minutes ago I played Tof and thought I have a good run. Few pigs, gem balance about zero, near 60 floor and what happened? Got pig that cost 1600 gems but I still had free video. Everything would be okay if not that crappy tv button. I wasn’t able to watch video. When I pushed the button, on my phone display showed only connection icon, nothing more. I payed 1600 gems and at the 59 floor I met another pig. TV Icon was available but still didn’t work. Pushed the screen off mode and when back to game miraculously ad started to play but… After that I didn’t get free chance and sh**ty pig still got my loot.

Lost about 3000 gems, watched free video that gave me nothing, ended at 59 floor with nothing. Rovio, I’m done with you. I’m deleting your app.

Buster
    @doulgas

That has happened to me too, where the game essentially froze and I had to restart. The spent gems were gone but the prizes were also gone. I was out about 4k gems on that one. A ticket to Rovio support got no response.

Lil Bug
    @angieblu

@demonjin Just watched a You Tube video from 2 months ago and this was the break down of the pig cost they had in the run. They did make it to floor 60 but no jackpot Egg.

20+50+100+200+400+800+1600+3200+3200+3200+3200+3200+3200 = 22,370

Another player here mentioned spending around 20,000 in gems as well to reach floor 60. A player posted in the AB2 chat group just this week they hit the jackpot Egg for a total of 700 gems. Sounds like, based on our small sample size, you’d want around 20,000 in gems to reach floor 60.

Buster
    @doulgas

There’s no magic number. I’ve done it with far fewer gems — in a few cases I’ve even won more gems than I spent. This is mostly luck, folks.

And you get nothing but a sense of accomplishment by hitting floor 60. The jackpot used to be there but it’s on 40 now.

emivita
    @emivita

Hi,I’ve lost video ad in ToF since 2 years.. without have buy gems

It dont come back like others player told me

Ticket sent but rovio reply about dont have control over company that sent ads in game

I’ve all others ads so I don’t believe this is true

Do you know if there’s something to try to force have that video ads back?

Some settings to change or something else?

Ty very much

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Either you have the video option, or you don’t.

Haven’t seen anyone say they found a way to get it back once it disappeared.

garethw
    @garethw

Well for the second time in three days it’s gone

2- pig (pay 20)

3- pig (video)

4-pig (give up)

what is the point rovio – just trying to hack people off?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Tower of Fortune

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.