The Next Epic Event: The Movie

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum The Next Epic Event: The Movie

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 152 total)
  • Replies
  • Pointless
    @pointless

….are you calling me old?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

No not at all! I just don’t know what else to answer :)

JJAtelier
    @vinnieb00

Sea Dog is worth the long term investment if you want to mow through SRC. It’s effectiveness can’t be understated since you always have initiative to Gang Up and breeze through waves and farm those snoutlings with ease. As others said, there always a strong possibility it will turn up in Arena quests so certainly a top priority.

As for Witch, I’m on the fence with her regarding her role identity. While it’s worth picking up if you want a safe Arena experience, its arguable this class alone has already pushed out if not irrevocably limited design space for any other future classes for Matilda. If you start using Witch, there’s probably no doubt you’ll be thinking…. “Why am I using Priestess, Druid or Bard when Witch does better in almost every category?”

Just my two cents.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Quite frankly, one should take both Witch *and* Sea Dog for Arena. They are both *that* good. Witch is clutch, and easily outclasses any option for Matty in Arena. Sea Dog with Gladiator is similar in helping you just win. The two of them will let you punch far above your weight.

However, if you can only get one, because you’ve still got months of farming SRC, then Sea Dog is the better choice. Especially if it’ll be months before you have enough LCs to get the other.

But in the mean time, you’ll be cryin’ in Arena…

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@vinnieb00 – there are quite a few valid reasons not to take Witch in Arena:
    1. Daily Objective requires you to win games without Matty.
    2. Daily Objective specifically requires Priestess / Cleric / Bard / Druid.
    3. Your other Set and Banner options are so strong that it just doesn’t matter what you take against a particular opponent, and you can still afford to lose a fight.

Aside from those relatively rare cases, you should pretty much always be taking Witch, because Witch is clearly Matty’s best class for Arena, and good enough to pretty much be an auto include in any Arena team.

Which raises an interesting question as to just how far Rovio would have to bump Elite Cleric to make it competitive with Witch.

Pointless
    @pointless

@smwforever45 just kidding, of course (although I am old)

I think we can all agree that both Witch and Sea Dog are very good Classes, with polar opposite uses in Epic as the game stands.

If the current Elites are any indication, Elite Cleric will be underwhelming…

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Elite Cleric will likely just be another 10% increase in health and damage. :(

This RSF guy on my board sure is dedicated. He just hit the 60k medal mark and there’s still 7 hours left. I spent a LOT of time on this event, only stopping in my sleep, and I barely made it to 50k. I sorta think he’s a cheater in disguise but I have no real proof since he could as well spend hundreds of FE’s on re-rolls to always get the 450 medal jackpot.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@smwforever45 the person in first on my board hit 60k yesterday. Today he is at 61250 not sure why he felt the need to increase his score as second place is way behind on 39675 and I am in third with 32625.

I have just finished the last cinema run. Must say I haven’t been spending too much time trying to get points as I have been spending most of my time in the Arena. Finally I hope to go up to Diamond for the first time as I’m 7k in front in first place. It’s been a very tough week fighting off the opposition.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@suzyq
    With such a distance he could’ve as well relaxed. :P Mine as well, since he’s nearly 10k ahead of 2nd which is me. Even now, after I did my final level for this event – there’s too little time left to do another one. My final score is 52,650. Hopefully enough to keep rank 2 – the runner-up is at 51,925 as of right now.

EDIT: 5 minutes left. The runner-up has caught up, is now at 52,375 points. If he/she gets one more run and gets the jackpot I’ll be handed down to #3 in the last 5 minutes which would be a pity. :(

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Wooooo! I indeed ended up at rank 2! :D
    1,200 snouts for me, and I spun up 2,000 mastery for all birds plus an extra 6,000 mastery for Red and the Blues. Three rank ups! Although I had wished to get the 6,000 mastery for all birds… but I was missing a SINGLE FE to re-spin. :( Ah well, it’s still a success!

Suzy
    @suzyq

@smwforever45 well done to hanging onto 2nd place. I kept my 3rd place and got 2000 for all with 6000 for Reds and Whites, plus 6 ranks up.

Still looking good for me in first place to go up to Diamond really excited.

Jim151
    @jim151

My event is still “calculating”

Pointless
    @pointless

I was in an extremely uncompetitive bracket, finished first with just over 50K just from playing with available Stamina. What boggles the mind is that the #2 must have splurged incredibly in the last few hours…went from just over 30K to over 50K and finished about 900 behind me. Why? Third was just under 30K and fourth just over 20K. There was absolutely no benefit from doing that, just a whole bunch of wasted Stamina Potions (and probably FE).

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

I finished in 11th place and I do not feel bad about it. I already have all classes at mastery level 12 so I only played for the Elite upgrade and the Cinema/Golden Pig stage :-)

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

9th place, 350 snouts, 1 star for another 500 snouts.

But I did get the 40+ LCs, so that part was worth it.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

As long as I have mastery to obtain I will give my everything in any event. After that… I’ll see. XD

@suzyq
    Did you make it? My Arena week just ended and I’m at #7 staying in Stone. Not putting as much into it right now. Next season is when I’ll start powering through. Should be a lot easier with the Golden Chilli, but still not too easy because of bird class objectives.

@pointless

#2 may have wanted to rank up to #1, considering how close he/she was in the end. Although if I was 20k behind I wouldn’t even bother.

Pointless
    @pointless

But why burn all those resources for a few Snouts? I didn’t even try to stay first, just made sure I got my last GPC run in and watched #2 approach fast…if it had meant anything I could have left him/her in the dust, which makes it even more curious…

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@pointless
    Maybe he/she wasn’t about the Snouts but the simple content feeling of finishing as #1… I don’t know. Probably the same reason why Abe and me fought for rank 2 pushing each other somewhat far away from the rest of the board, and the same reason why RSF kept playing, having about 62k points in the end, even though he/she could’ve well spent the last day doing nothing at all since he/she was this far ahead of me and Abe…
    It must be deep inside the human genes I guess. That feeling of having to be the winner. That feeling that 3 stars are better than 2, and 1200 snouts are better than 1000.

Any psychologists around here?

Jim151
    @jim151

3rd place. The only stamina I used was to get through the final wave and the GP dungeon as quickly as possible. Still, with all the ads for free stamina I netted 14. Plus the 44 lucky coins, and about 5,000 snouts. the last is not that big a deal, but I’m trying to get my bank back over 100,000K after depleting it to almost 0 when the last mastery upgrade came about. Oh, and I used about 6-7 veggie cakes batting through the dungeons.

Pointless
    @pointless

I fully understand top three if Mastery is needed, worth the fight, but unless it’s close, battling and using tons of resources to move around in the top three is pointless.

angryde
    @angryde

Managed to finish well…

event.jpg

But left my final run on the cinema to the last conceivable moment… at least I maxed-out my lucky coin haul…

cinema.jpg

Unfortunately, I had to drop 70 FE to spin-up 6000-ALL/6000/6000.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@smwforever45 yes I did get to Diamond but worked very very hard to stay 1st and move up as 2nd and 3rd tested me to the limit. I think next week we are all back to Wood so it will be a short stay.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@angryde
    Lucky! Mine was still locked for 3 hours when the event ended so I couldn’t do it a 4th time. :(

@suzyq

Still, congrats! Plus, since you’ve been in Diamond once you’ll always get the Diamond rewards from now on.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Still, congrats! Plus, since you’ve been in Diamond once you’ll always get the Diamond rewards from now on.

Well until you finish a season in less than Diamond anyway ;-)

angryde
    @angryde

@smwforever45 I made that mistake last time around… so I was DETERMINED to get four runs at the cinema this time around… Lol.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum The Next Epic Event: The Movie

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 152 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.