Spark Run!

Viewing 25 replies - 651 through 675 (of 1,074 total)
  • Replies
  • moi
    @moifirst

@grimlockdown
    I think that I have figured it out. I just did a new spark run at level 205 and completed 3 segments, which should give me 3 x 383 = 1149 sparks. However, I did receive 5 extra (1154 sparks).
    So it isn’t necessary to complete all 5 segments to get these bonus sparks.
    Because you presumably complete (almost) always all 5 segments, it appears to you that after level 200 you get 6 sparks extra per level instead of 5.

In reality however, you will get (L-200) bonus sparks on top of your “normal” amount of sparks (= number of completed segments multiplied by number of sparks per segment).
    And it doesn’t matter how many segments you complete.

I hope that this explanation is a little bit understandable.

Btw, thanks for your comments!

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

@moifirst

Executive summary (or TL;DR): Rovio/Exient is bad at math 🙄 (ping @lewie4)

I just did my daily spark. It was level 213 and maximum spark amount was 1968 which divided by 5 gives 393,6 (and after dropping decimal 393). BUT in the actual spark run screen there is 391 (which multiplied by 5 gives 1955, i.e. the value based on 5 spark increase per level). I could only gather enough points for three segments and got rewarded 1180 sparks which is 1968 multiplied by 0.6.

So, for some reason (or just JARSU?) Rovio/Exient changed the increase of sparks from 5 to 6 per level but didn’t update the display in the spark run screen.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

I just noticed (after my daily spark run at level 222) that if you finish 4/5 segments your reward isn’t 0.8 (or 80 %) but 0.8025 (80.25 %) instead.

Finishing 3/5 segments gives either 0.60125 based on @moifirst’s last message or 0.6 based on figures in my last message.

moi
    @moifirst

@grimlockdown

Thanks for your post. However,  I still get the idea, that there are some misunderstandings.
    I’ve tried to resolve these in a previous elaborate post to you, but for some reason this post (as well as some other posts) did never appear on the forum.
    So I give it one last shot.

When you are at level 222 and complete 3 segments you would, according to me, receive 3 X (178 + 222) + 22 = 1222 sparks.

If you complete 4 segments, you would receive 4 X (178 + 222) + 22 = 1622 sparks.

The formula I use is: [number of completed segments] X (178 + level) + (level – 200)

(This formula is used here, because level is > 200)

I hope that this post will be accepted.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

@moifirst We end up using different formulas because we use different starting values and we want answers to different questions. Your formula has been correct since the slight adjustment after level 200. The formula(s) I use just needed more adjustments than I anticipated (and I probably didn’t analyze carefully enough your comments).

The question(s) I want my formula(s) to answer is: At level L, when my promotion–% is Pr, how many points from spark run I need to complete n/5 segments? And how many sparks I do then get.

otter
    @otter

Well I now have made it to level 200…. but still not maxing out on sparks….. will just keep prodding along….

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Even though the number of points I need have now capped-out, I’m actually finding it more and more difficult to hit 4 out of 5 segments.

Asen_77
    @asen

For now still don’t have serious problems to hit 4 of 5 with 870%, but 5of 5 is very hard. Once get total after bonus 395k, but still can’t get 400k points. Current level 225.

Joel
    @joel687

I finally made it to level 240. No problems getting there

ph
    @ph

I have been playing level 240 for a while and it appears that Rovio has a math problem.  Max sparks show as 2130 (426 per segment).   Screen showing progress shows 418 per segment for a total of 2090 and I received 1712 sparks for 4 segments out of 5 that is a total of 2140.  Yesterday I received 1672 sparks for 4/5 (418 per segment).

Am I the only one with this craziness?

Asen_77
    @asen

@ph I would bet that you use some bot with smaller percentage bonus. I am on kevel 240 with 875% and till now every time I get 1712 sparks.

moi
    @moifirst

@ph You are making the same mistake as many others. See my discussion in this same thread with @grimlockdown about 3-4 weeks ago.
    The formula to use is: [number of completed segments] X (178 + level) + (level – 200)
    (This formula is used here, because level is > 200. For level <200 see the other formulas I mentioned earlier).

moi
    @moifirst

@ph Here’s is an overview of the number of sparks you can get:
    Level 1-160:      S/S= 18 + (2 x L)
    Level 160-240:  S/S= 178 + L
    (S/S: sparks per (completed) segment; L: level (aka difficulty))

Important note: Above level 200 you also get a bonus of L-200 sparks (as noted by @grimlockdown) (independent of the number of completed segments).

This is where you are going wrong, because this bonus is already used to calculate the max spark amount. So to calculate the S/S you first have to subtract this bonus from the max spark amount before dividing it by 5. You’ll get this bonus anyway after completing the run.

Comment added an hour later:
    I don’t have an explanation for the fact that on one day you receive your 40 sparks bonus, but on the day before you didn’t. Probably some bug.

ph
    @ph

@asen

I always use the same 5 bots and all are promoted to rose crowns.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

You need 41,026 points from spark run before promotion to get 5/5 segments after promotion–% when you have 5 TFs each fully promoted (875 %). My spark runs average to about 34,000 points – and my two main TFs destroy about everything.

Asen_77
    @asen

I am on the same page. I will say that we need to get more point from killing WMT’s. We are getting very low point from them, as we need to fire them at least 4-5 times with most powerful TF’s.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

UM is a bit bad at killing WMTs, Blaster is better but then there are a couple of TFs that can kill WMT with one or two shots and are also useful destroying most of the blocks etc. There just isn’t enough blocks, pigs etc. to destroy in spark runs.

Asen_77
    @asen

Last week has two chances for full spark promotion from Spark Run. Unfortunately not close enough …

DE40F8BE-D0C1-49B0-BB19-62FF74C33DD7.jpeg

A7B96DCE-1107-4E41-BC99-1D9FC481D84B.jpeg

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@asen

What’s your total bonus?  Are you at +875%?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

This is pissing me off.

I completed a Spark Run, collected my sparks, set my TFs to recharge, then closed the game.

Came back a few hours later, to find that my Spark Run was active again, and my spark count had reset to what it was before my latest claim.

Why isn’t my game saving progress?

Asen_77
    @asen

@optimuspig I would bet that this is due to bad internet connection. Probably some disconnects during your play and doesn’t save your progress. I have some time that I start recharge blood of bots, and when I get back in a few hours they are without harts again, but never lose a spark run play.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Perhaps, although the local save should still have picked it up.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

@optimuspig could be a couple of things. Maybe a short period of lost internet also if running on 2 devices as the cloud may have not updated

seaspray
    @seaspray

@optimuspig

I have a similar problem.  Since the last upgrade, I must shut my game off before midnight (when daily bonus resets), else it won’t save anything since I opened the app that day.  I’ve lost hundreds of tokens, sparks, even a level 30 shkwve spire with a few thousand sparks and much needed tokens and accessory upgrades.  My leader board in event will still reflect my old score, but score under current challenge resets.  Gone from 15000 to zero.  When I play again, i get put into a brand new leaderboard.  Nothing worse than playing 10 runs, going to bed, waking up to zero.  (My events start at 7 pm)

Viewing 25 replies - 651 through 675 (of 1,074 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.