Spark Run!

Viewing 25 replies - 526 through 550 (of 1,074 total)
  • Replies
  • Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

My first TF, Galvatron, almost survived the whole run!

My strategy (I need better armour instead of more points):

1st: LV 6 Galvatron (He survived 96% of the run!)
    2nd: LV 5 Brawl, Bludgeon or Ultra Magnus
    3rd: Any Grimlock with at least LV 4

Also, Remember to shoot the gold blocks and WMT, they give lots of points!

Asen_77
    @asen

I will gave you advise to level up as more as you can your bots for the spark run. Start with your main – Galvatron. You will succeed more on bigger level, especially on level 15.

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

I just levelled up Energon Grimlock to level 6, so I think I’m fine.

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

Spark Run Level 5.

My setup:

1st: Level 6 Galvatron

2nd: Level 6 E Grimlock

3rd: Level 5 Bludgeon

Also, the Energon Cubes heal you!

Asen_77
    @asen

If you are going to use E Grimlock, then upgrade him. He will be more useful into Sparks Run. Believe me that he deserves level 15 and also to use Sparks on him. Now at small levels you will get all possible points, but once you reach bigger level you will need % also to reach full sparks from the run.

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

I just promoted E Grimlock, anyways!

cbya
    @cbya

@platium
    yes it’s a boosted / buffed bot, changes every day or so.

Can I ask for spark run. The first character that is shown in the selection page, is it a buff up character? or recommended character?

What is the advantage of using that character?

Thanks!

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

Spark Run Level 6:

JestaCat
    @jestacat

Also, the Energon Cubes heal you!

Doesn’t this only apply to Energon fuelled characters?

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

Maybe I should get Energon Soundwave to replace Bludgeon instead, if that’s the case.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

@christian-cosgrove No. Energon Soundwave stinks. By far the worst of the four Soundwave/Blaster types.

Anonymous

@christian-cosgrove

I’ll echo what @sntrooper said. Energon Soundwave is awful. I would advise not to waste sparks to promote him. However, if you’re using un-promoted bots in the Spark Run, he’s not a terrible choice, since his energy refilling ability may allow you to destroy more Spark Run targets by staying alive longer. On the other hand, his armor is relatively weak, so you might lose him to a flying pig swarm that Bludgeon could have survived.

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

@sntrooper @poptimus Well okay, but is Grey Slam Grimlock, Bludgeon or Brawl the best?

Anonymous

@christian-cosgrove

GSG gets my vote. And definitely Bludgeon over Brawl too. The best bot in the game is Blaster, so try to get him in the current competition, if you can.

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

Spark Run level 7:

Galvatron got swarmed by flying pigs just before the finish, but E Grimlock popped them easily.

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

Spark Run Level 8…

Galvatron and E Grimlock both died by swarms, and GSG got killed by last shot ;(

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

My last post got a quote? Weird…

Asen_77
    @asen

Use your sparks on E Grimlock. Look how you can get full sparks from this level. When you play on bigger level, points that you will receive will be less, so sparks upgrade will help you to get more spakrs.

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

Fuuuuuu…

@asen
    Yes, I should probably level up E Grimlock. He’s only a 5% bonus, but is Level 6.

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

Also, which Transformer should I spark upgrade? Please rate 1-8.

Level 5 Soundwave

Level 5 Heatwave

Level 5 Sentenial Prime

Level 5 Thundercracker

Level 5 Jazz

Level 3 E Lockdown

Level 4 Bluestreak

Level 5 Prowl

Asen_77
    @asen

Maximum possible level for spark upgrade is 140%. My opinion is to start upgrade E Grimlock and to go to maximum level for him. As you are still on the lower level for the game, you will need long time to collect other bots that worth upgrade. So for now I will suggest to continue with sparks only on E Grimlock and also to pick his level up. Go for level 15 on him and maximum possible sparks upgrade. At this moment you don’t need to spend sparks on other bots. When you get bigger level for E Grimlock you will get more successes into Spark Runs and events every week. Once you get E Grimlock to level 15 he will be more powerfull and probable will be able to finish most of the Spark Runs. Think about that.

Anonymous

I mostly agree with what @asen said, except I would promote E Lockdown too. He’s the best bot on the Pure Warriors squad, so he’ll be useful in occasional events too. And when you equip his Explosive Rounds accessory (Energon Cube), he’s a strong Spark Run bot too.

I’d rank Energon Lockdown as the #10ish overall bot in the game, in terms of promotion priority, but #2 of those you listed.

Anonymous

For what it’s worth, here’s one man’s complete list of the top bots to promote (both for Spark Run and weekly event purposes). Note that I’m assuming that each bot is fully upgraded to level 15 (or overpowered), and equipped with all the important accessories (exploding rounds, acid/incendiary/EMP rounds, extra damage, extra defense, faster reload, faster weapon cooldown, faster fire rate, etc.):

1) Blaster: He’s the undisputed best, in my opinion, and the only reason I’d hesitate to do everything you can to acquire him, upgrade him to level 15 and fully promote him, is because I’m afraid he’s going to get nerfed at some point. His only weakness is Boss Pig – you can still defeat him easily, but he’s not great at taking out the missiles.

2) Hound: I actually haven’t used him much yet, but in my limited experience doing so, he seems like a better version of Ratchet, who I also love. Good against all types of targets, except a little slow to kill flying pigs in the Spark Run. Fantastic on missile day, and against Boss Pig and Unicron.

3) Ratchet: See my comments on Hound above.

4) Ultimate Megatron: Even though he was nerfed, when equipped with his Armada and Flail accessories, he really doesn’t have any weaknesses. He can destroy every type of target (but a little slow to destroy WMTs), he has good armor, and he moves slowly enough to do well on missile day and against Unicron. He’s a bit hard to use against Boss Pig, but with practice you can still survive that battle, and get plenty of points in doing so.

5) Energon Grimlock: I wish he was slower, like his cousins! He loses some points for that reason on missile day, and against Boss Pig. It’s also sometimes hard to destroy every target on the screen with him, because he goes too fast. This is especially true when trying to evade falling monoliths. But his weapon is one of the strongest in the game, and he doesn’t have trouble with any sort of target.

6) Dead End: Pretty much the same comments as for Energon Grimlock above. I rank EG higher because he can regenerate his health.

7) Nemesis Prime / Nautica / Energon Nautica: These bots are all pretty similar in terms of their strengths/weaknesses, except I think NP has better armor than the other two. But they’re all great at destroying blocks and most types of pigs. Not so much against flying pigs or WMTs though. Those weaknesses make them a little worse for the Spark Run, but I find them all to be great for weekly events, when you don’t have a highly promoted bot on the bonus squad.

10) Grey Slam Grimlock: A really good all-purpose bot. His weapon isn’t as strong as his Energon cousin, but he’s more versatile because he’s slower.

11) Energon Lockdown: Really powerful weapon, especially when equipped with his Explosive Rounds accessory. He runs too fast though, and his armor isn’t great.

12) Energon Starscream: Almost identical to Energon Lockdown.

13) Goldbite Grimlock: The only reason I don’t have him higher is because he’s the second bot on the Variant Versions squad. If that wasn’t a factor, I might have him as high as #4 overall. But it doesn’t make sense to promote two bots on the same squad until you’ve got one promoted bot on most other squads first.

14) Chromia/Sideswipe: Pretty good for mass block destruction, but weak against flying pigs, WMTs, Boss Pig, and Unicron. Also not great on missile day.

16) Epic Optimus: Similar to Goldbite Grimlock, I’d have him higher on my list if not for a better bot on his own squad (in this case Nemesis Prime).

17) Dark Megatron: Ditto, as I prefer Grey Slam Grimlock on the Leaders squad. I have him quite a bit lower than his Ultimate cousin, because his Acid and Extra Gravity accessories both go on his head, so you can’t use them at the same time like you can with UM.

18) Lockdown: A solid all around bot, but second best on his own squad. Explosive and Acid rounds are a good combo here.

19) Thundercracker: Explosive rounds make him a very good offensive option.

20) Soundwave/Soundblaster: Both very good on offense, but both pale in comparison to Blaster.

22) Optimus Prime: Again, explosive rounds are a must. He’s kind of worthless without them, but pretty solid with them. Distant #2 to Ratchet on his own squad.

23) Wheeljack / Barricade / Rodimus: Whatever. They’re all fine. Each is arguably the best bot on his squad, so worth promoting at some point, but it’s going to be a long time before I get to actually doing so!

26) Energon Windblade: #2 on the Energized squad, and not terrible on offense, so I suppose I may promote her some day.

27+) The rest. I can’t recommend promoting any of the remaining bots at the moment.

Quickgamer
    @quickgaming

@christian-cosgrove

None of those characters are promotion worthy

Viewing 25 replies - 526 through 550 (of 1,074 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.