Sonic Dash

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Sonic Dash

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 404 total)
  • Replies
  • angryde
    @angryde

@gulgor0 I know, I know! :D I don’t know why I waited so long… the last update just pushed me over the edge. All the fight just went out of me. So, now I’m restricted to my desktop, but completely free of frustration/stress. It’s so relaxing… and so good to just ENJOY the damn game again. Lol.

@bubbley
    I see that some other friendly nesters have already addressed some small points of order/clarification. The problem is that even an iPad Air 2 with all that RAM… could STILL run into issues if the game requires – as Rovio suggests – 1 GB of free RAM to run properly. Your device only really has 2 GB as a theoretical maximum! Anyway, I finally snapped after the last update… as even with all my tricks and evasions… I couldn’t force, and I do mean force, my poor old iPad 2 to run the damn thing. So, it was over to Bluestacks.

So, Bluestacks is an Android emulator. Android is the operating system used on a number of mobile devices. Think of it as an analogue to Apple’s OS. What you can do is use a program to emulate and run the Androd environment on your desktop computer… It’s like having a little phone/non-iPad tablet on your desktop computer screen. OK so far!? :D

Once it’s installed, one simply uses Google Play — which is like an App store analogue — to download AB Epic onto Bluestacks/”virtual android device.” Then, one simply logs in and plays the game exactly like one would if using an iPad… the screen size is the same (and modifiable). I won’t lie, the installation could be potentially mind-boggling for a non-techie but with help – which I’m prepared to offer — it’s definitely achievable.

The advantage of switching… is that even a relatively old desktop computer should have substantially more free RAM available to run the game. The disadvantage is that you’re restricted to playing the game on your desktop. This is one reason I avoided running AB Epic via Bluestacks for so damn long — I ENJOYED the mobile element of the game. Anyway, I’m using a 27″ Intel core mid 2011 release iMac, and the game runs flawlessly via Bluestacks. I have yet to observe a single bug, glitch, crash or stutter. It’s unspeakably refreshing after enduring so many horrors for so long.

Anyway, feel free to PM me or reply on the boards if you’d like to have a discussion about the Bluestacks option. I can recommended a great installation video and even some screenshot based walkthroughs.

Take care, good luck!

Red7827
    @gulgor0

@angryde The problems that sometimes occured and still occur for me on Bluestacks:
    – Game lags very much when the Bluestacks proccess another task such as updating other apps, etc.
    – Such big lag may result in sound delay or even make it dissapear

LeUsername
    @thisepicplayer

Delete all the apps then. Bluestacks comes with apps.

Pam Jonery
    @pam-jonery

Did NOBODY read my post from yesterday? Especially Rovio since that might help the bug fixers. The problem happens exclusively if you end a battle with potential turns remaining for your birds. Make sure you’ve used all your other birds before striking the final blow and the game never ever freezes. The one time in the past 24 hours it did freeze for me was when I unexpectedly nuked 4 enemies with one strike (using sonic’s cloud and chuck’s mirror). I was left with Matilda’s turn and the game got stuck.

I agree with @jim151 about the horrible luck with the spins. I’ve already got all my rings but I think it took me more than 24 hours of play to get to that point. I’m spinning only for points and rarely rarely ever get the top prize. Mind you, I might as well not bother because I now have almost 20k in points and my nearest dummy competitor has 6775 or something, which hasn’t changed since day 1 (after the two Bond dummies were removed). So if they’d stayed the same I’d be about to overtake them too!

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@pam-jonery Yes, people read your post. I can verify that the game still crashes when using your suggestion. I killed the last enemy after using all 3 turns for my birds and it still crashes on me multiple times.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@pam-jonery — I too read your post and took your advice. I hadn’t had a crash for several battles until the last one. I had no turns left, and one enemy left, and it still froze.
    Your advice might reduce the number of crashes, but it does not eliminate them.

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

So the next gate opens tomorrow, and there’s still one more gate after that (two more for the Golden Pigs). But with only 6 days left, I’m worried I won’t be able to get all the materials for the Illusionist class.

LeUsername
    @thisepicplayer

Yeah, time is really tight and you might have to dish out some potions for the next 2. I already got all the gold rings.

angryde
    @angryde

@gulgor0 The game runs flawlessly for me via Bluestacks. It’s almost disturbing! Lol.

mich
    @m-ich

Regarding the freezes: I just stopped using Sonic’s passive ability. I had one more freeze after that when I used the Skulkers’ passive ability on Sonic (so I stopped doing that, too), but since then – no problem. My battle strategy is to attack the strongest opponent with Sonic first and then focus all attacks on him. That has been working quite well so far.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@m-ich Same here. I never use Sonic’s passive ability and the event levels never freeze for me.

mich
    @m-ich

@angryjohnny The problem is, Rovio wants us to get to know and like Sonic’s skills, and as a prize we get them permanently in the shape of the illusionist. If the illusionist is as buggy as Sonic, however, nobody will want to use him.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@m-ich Correct. However if the Illusionist class is still buggy then Rovio will have time to fix it while Sonic will only be available for this week and then never seen again so they might not have time to fix him before that.

mich
    @m-ich

@angryjohnny True. At least the mirror-image bug could have been prevented by a little bit of testing. Every programmer worth his money knows to test for border cases – in this case: what happens if a bird buffed by Sonic does the last attack. I know that a piece of software as big as ABE will never be bug-free, but this bug? Poor craftsmanship, if you ask me.

JJAtelier
    @vinnieb00

4th Gate open and it appears as though its the exact same farm mechanic as the 3rd, except now we’ve got extra quantities of red rope to gather. *sigh*

This 3-Stam farm fest is getting monotonous.

angryde
    @angryde

@m-ich @angryjohnny FYI the bug you’re describing doesn’t occur when playing the game via Bluestacks. EVERYTHING crashed my iPad 2 after the last update… Sonic’s passive ability was the least of my concerns. Lol.

YoKo
    @yoko

@roviohuzz i have a problem. I’ve lost all my stamina today on a 3rd level of latest door for nothing. The bug is: i have a move for a RED and for a SONIC left. I made a decision and moved to attack but nothing happens, game goes to infinite wait like i am waiting for a opponent to make a move. Only solution is to return to a nest which makes me lose my stamina (like i lose the battle). Can you please do something about it? And refunding my stamina somehow because i’ve lost a lot of stamina for nothing. Thanx.

angryde
    @angryde

@yoko This is a community + fan forum… not Rovio’s customer service division. To submit a report + refund request, go here: https://support.rovio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@yoko I had a freeze when playing a 3 stamina battle today, however it worked to enable Auto Battle for just one move. After that the battle continued as usual.

YoKo
    @yoko

Not working for me (auto battle) :(

angryde
    @angryde

@yoko Try closing, de-mounting and then restarting your device.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@yoko @angryde — Submitting a support request to Rovio is a good idea. It is also true that @RovioHuzz is a Rovio employee and invited us to complain directly to him.
    So — @roviohuzz — Since I started keeping track, game freezes are running at ~20%. Latest is 3 in a row this morning on level 3-2. I end up with a permanent mirror of Chuck and the only way to continue seems to be to use auto-play for as short a time as possible. However, when I did that, I lost the battle. Using a potion allowed me to win the battle, but with only 2*.

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2 Thanks for that, mate. Great advice – I didn’t even THINK to suggest that to @yoko. @yoko Definitely follow @mvnla2 sound advice! @roviohuzz N.B. and be sure to flag my latest report – submitted via Rovio’s portal – as VITAL (and absolutely deserving of a refund in LCs) Lulz!

angry bird
    @angry-bird123

@roviohuzz i got no problems with the event until i get to 7 stamina… when that happens and i attack its almost a 100% guarantee to freeze when wave/level is cleared. so annoying. another issue is my elite dungeons have been locked since the update. i got all normals done and tried to wait for a week and do them on normal but it didnt help :(

LeUsername
    @thisepicplayer

Play all the normal caves again.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Sonic Dash

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 404 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.