Sonic Dash

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Sonic Dash

• Since Sonic Dash starts very quickly from now, would anyone like to post pictures about the levels when the event starts? I don’t really want to choose the wrong birds.

• • •

Common Bugs

• Game Freeze: The only time I’ve had a freeze was when I used Sonic’s “passive” ability (Mirror Image) and its use resulted in knocking out all opponents.
    • Leaderboard “Hackers/Dummies”: These are not actually hackers. Rovio occasionally adds dummy opponents that you must pass; else, leaves beta testers on the leaderboard.
Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 404 total)
  • Replies
  • RuCustum
    @rucustum

I just started playing this, not sure how much time I missed. I have 2 players with the same name, level, and score on my leader board. “Bond” currently has 21,625. next highest on the board is 5,025 which seems realistic.

Any one else see something like this?

LeUsername
    @thisepicplayer

They’re hacking.

SeasonsKing
    @theangrybird

I just played the levels, though I forgot to take any pictures of them.

It seems that you can only unlock Sonic after defeating Level 3, which after that you will have to wait 24 hours for the next levels to be released. The levels itself seem to have different enemies to appear randomly. I used Chuck – Rainbird, Bomb – Pirate and Blues – Spies for Level 1, Red – Paladin, Chuck – Rainbird and Blues – Spies for Level 2 and 3, which aren’t too hard to beat. :)

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

The event have just begun half an hour ago. I have a player with over 3000 points on place number 1. Probably just dummy people put there by Rovio to make you play harder though.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

Get ready to have your team crippled by sonic the hedgehog. Once freed you have to use him and he sucks!

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@RuCustum

I am seeing the exact same thing:

1. Bond with 21625
    2. Unnamed Player (with no level?) with 5200
    3. Dffrfddd with 5025

By my calculations, 21625 points would require 48 7-stamina battles and perfect rolls to get 450 medals per battle. This was done in 20 minutes? Don’t think so.

And if these folks are on multiple boards, that is clear cheating.

So, great, top three spots are already taken. I sure hope Rovio fixes this before this event ends in 12 days, otherwise we’ll all just be rolling against two stars at the end (at best).

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@tigerussell

Looks like once you get all the supply for the day you don’t have to use him any more. I went back to the easiest level, finally got five of whatever that blue roll is, and then when I went to fight the other levels I could use any three birds again. Not totally sure of the dynamics on all that.

But yeah, Sonic isn’t the best, at least not compared to mastery 10 birds with epic gear.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

sal9
    @sal9

As @angryjohnny said, those are dummy players that forces us to push harder to reach the top spot.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@sutekh137 — That’s good news. I didn’t check after I got the five needed items. As we are all playing for mastery again at least we can use our birds to score up. I hope you don’t need to use sonic for all the items. That seems painful. Cheers

RuCustum
    @rucustum

@sutekh137 and others.

I am hoping that the 21k is just a dummy player, well in my case 2 dummy players. I haven’t encountered true cheaters in a while…

Mp127
    @mp127

I also had Bond with 21625 on top. For battles Princess, Capt’n and Wizard or Spies are good combination. Also I get Sonic-his defense ability is really good.

MusicOfTheApes
    @musicoftheapes

Had drdffrdd whatever at 5025 only 7 minutes after the event started so definitely cheater this one

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

Are you sure I have to use Sonic? I unlocked him, then went back to play stages until I got enough of today’s items. Sonic never appeared in my team.

LeUsername
    @thisepicplayer

In mine, they forced sonic to be used every single time.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

I had to use Sonic every time until I got all the items I needed from the stage, then it allowed me to use 3 birds instead of using Sonic to get more medals.

LeUsername
    @thisepicplayer

Oh, so thats why. When I had more items left, they let me use sonic.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@sal9

Are you sure about that? I’ve played every event in Epic thus far and never saw a “dummy” player. I’ve won all my Events except one where I got second, and it was clear I was not facing any dummy players. Oh, I also got second that one time some cheater had a huge score on all leaderboards, can’t remember his name…

Has someone verified this sort of phenomenon before? That “dummy” players are planted as some sort of artificial goal?

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

@sutekh137
    I can confirm that. I have seen this tactic before on the red’s new class event.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@dragonofheart73

Thanks. I don’t remember that at all, though. Must just have a bad memory, or perhaps I didn’t even check for medals on that one because I was too busy playing the mini-level to get Red’s new class.

I do not recall seeing any dummy players on any other Event before… But it is what it is! Thanks to all for setting me straight!

Thanks,
    sutekh137

sal9
    @sal9

Yes @sutekh137
    We’ve seen those dummy players on high end events (with 6k Mastery) You’ll notice that their scores stay the same.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@sal9

Thank you, sal, my memory just must not be what it used to be… I don’t think I’ll have a problem exceeding 21K in 12 days… *smile*

Mp127
    @mp127

I found Illusionist will have the same ability as Sonic (Dancing Spark and Mirror).

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Oddly, my leaderboard tops out with a lv.23 at 1,275 – I think TK’s a person.

Pam Jonery
    @pam-jonery

So will their score stay the same for the duration of the event? I suppose we have a chance of catching up by the end. But my main focus anyway is picking up all the stuff needed to upgrade Chuck. Have to say, I was rather surprised at the number of folks who had over 5k in points when I had only 750 after less than an hour of play! Does anyone know how many groups there are? Obviously we’re not all in the same group. Last time I was in a really lame group that provided me with no competition (I was rank 45 and the rest were less than 20) so it was like shooting fish in a barrel!

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@pam-jonery Yes, the scores will likely remain on your leaderboard if you see them.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Sonic Dash

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 404 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.