Sonic Dash

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Sonic Dash

Viewing 25 replies - 351 through 375 (of 404 total)
  • Replies
  • There4IM
    @there4im

Hilarious. Just a day left and only 2 more White Yarn to go…

EVERY time I hear the boss shout “WHY YOU! YOU’LL PAY FOR THIS!” I can’t help but imagine he is the voice of Rovio.

Jim151
    @jim151

God, this last stage is tedious as all hell. I’m 3 for 30 on spins today and still have to get 5 more balls of yarn. I know I’ll get it, I have plenty of stamina drinks and FE, but jeeze it’s annoying. Especially when I have no need for medals. I still do not have another real player on my board. I have over 43,000, and second place is the 5200 dummy player. I want to get my last 5 and be done with this event.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Jim, that was me in the last stage – it’s all about getting a lucky run of spins here. All I can say is to keep playing those 3s and don’t be afraid to use the drinks to get them.

Jim151
    @jim151

Well, I just used 4 FE to get the item, so that’s 4 for 35 today.

seggy
    @seggy

@mvnla2 For the Golden Pig in the clouds I’ve used Paladin (Dragonbreath), Wizard (the Resurrection one), and a friend’s Sea Dog twice now and barely got scratched. I keep use Sea Dog’s followup ability on Paladin as much as possible, and Paladin’s healing has been enough to keep everyone afloat — especially when you toss a Chili down Wizard’s throat. I waited until the 2nd to last wave before using the Chilis, just because the earlier waves aren’t too hard; usually one if not both of the GPs will be weak. On the final wave, I just make sure to have Paladin protect anybody that the GP’s about to hit.

And yay, got my Illusionist with 24 hours to spare. Level 2 now, hopefully I can get him a quick 12K on the wheel at the end of the event.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@mvnla2
    For the GP Dungeon, I used Paladin with Dragonbreath, Bard with the Sweet set and Piggy McCool. I didn’t need any potions. For the last golden pig, just use devotion on the bird that gets targeted. And use Bards healing every few turns to bring everyone’s health back up.

Jim151
    @jim151

For the GP Dungeon, I used Paladin with Dragonbreath, Bard with the Sweet set and Piggy McCool. I didn’t need any potions. For the last golden pig, just use devotion on the bird that gets targeted. And use Bards healing every few turns to bring everyone’s health back up.

How do you know which one gets targeted? IIRC, the pig attacks every turn. Am I wrong about that? Anyway, since the first day when I couldn’t use any ally, I use restock with McCool and Mighty eagle’s dish. 1 for 2 on the restock so far. I’ll do that again tomorrow.

kyododom
    @kyododom

@jim151 If I remember correctly, the Golden Pig always attacks the bird with the most health.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@jim151 The last golden pig has a charge attack. When it starts its charge, it displays who it is attacking.

I completed the dungeon just now, and can confirm that I needed no potions.

BTW, if your rage chilli fills up in the dungeon, on any of the waves, I suggest you use it straight away rather than risking one of the golden pigs emptying the rage chilli. I just used it when it filled up.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@jim151

Holy cripes I never thought about using McCool with Mighty Eagle’s Dish that way. I’m such a bona fide idiot sometimes (OK, maybe most of the time…)

Bloody brilliant! Hell, you could clear a 10 wave Chronicle Cave that way with roughly 5 potions, depending on luck!

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Jim151
    @jim151

Bloody brilliant! Hell, you could clear a 10 wave Chronicle Cave that way with roughly 5 potions, depending on luck!

3-4 on average actually. McCool is really underrated.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@jim151

That makes sense…isn’t the rate 65%?

You are my new best friend. After Piggy McCool, of course.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

It’s funny that I’m just now thinking about the Mighty Eagle potion, that I never use and cannot possibly think what else I could possibly be saving them for… :D

Thanks, guys.

Daniel Normington
    @daniel-normington-12

Personally, my best use of the Mighty Eagle was at the final battle with Demon Wizpig… who was impossible to defeat any other way, and with his ludicrously damaging attacks I couldn’t possibly keep Prince Porky alive to deal the killing blow himself.
    Just clear the first wave, and when Wizpig bounces back in demon-form, chuck the Mighty Eagle at him! Instant 3-star for me! ;p

Pam Jonery
    @pam-jonery

I’m surprised to hear you guys don’t use Mighty Eagle’s Favorite Dish much. I pretty much always use that to finish a chronicle cave because otherwise I’d be using tons of other stuff to stay alive and use rage chili. You get 3 of them for 45 LC so it’s a good value IMO.

I managed to get all my ropes yesterday and thus the Illusionist hat and have been busy building that up, that is so tedious! It’s pretty pathetic at the moment, hit power only around 500, not much health. I hope I roll 6000 when the event ends so I can boost his class up. Currently at 2, almost 3.

I notice that the freezing problem is happening in the game outside of the event when I’m using the Illusionist’s skills, not sure if it’s the mirror or cloud that’s the cause but if I haven’t used all my turns and I knock out the enemies, the game locks up.

fortunately for me, I have no competitors in the event so I’ll get first place. Judging by what you guys are saying, my 42k would probably not win the event if I had real people to play against. But I’ve not been re-rolling anything, no point since I have no competition! I hope everyone by now has gathered everything, only 3 hours left!

@mvnla2
    I had a golden pig appear this morning in the bamboo area, first one in a few days I think

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@pam-jonery — I almost never use the ME, because I don’t spend LC unless I really have to. The other potions can be crafted or bought with snoutlings
    I am still in 1st with ~54K, 3rd has 40700. There are quite a few real players on my board. But think some of them stopped when they got to 2*. Not sure if any of the 1*s played at all.
    I still haven’t seen a GP on the island since the GP dungeon opened. And that would be quite a few days for me.

Laxietoo
    @laxietoo

I gave up on this late last weekend when I got busy with work. The few times I’ve tried to play this week, I’ve had freezes – sometimes two out of three rounds. I haven’t had time this week to contact Rovio. As I’ve mentioned, I do this for fun, not to work doing troubleshooting. I’m not going to get to the reward on either my Android or my iPad and despite being a passionate player, the issues with Sonic Dash have really put cold water on my love of Epic.

Kif
    @kath

10 minutes left, all of spent and still need 6 white threads. I was on vacation for five days, so true to play catch up. But when it takes five spins to get one item, kind of Sol. I did improve from last place to sixth from all the points I racked up. Ugh!!!!

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@roviohuzz I’m not sure which issue you are talking about, but I’m going to guess that you are referring to when I said many of us had to use 2 birds for the golden cloud castle. I figured out how to borrow a bird the next day.

What happens is that if you don’t have 10 or more stamina you will see a message at the bottom middle of the screen that replaces the button that lets you select a bird to borrow. Since Sonic Dash 20 costs 7 stamina everyone will not have 10 stamina available if they try to go to the Golden Clouds level right after defeating Mr Eggman. In my case my stamina was at 2. The message reads, “Event battles need stamina! Use a stamina drink to restore one stamina point.” Many of us didn’t realize you could keep clicking on the stamina drink potion icon to add 1 stamina until you got to 10 stamina. Most of us click on the fight icon and let the game automatically deduct the appropriate number of stamina potions from our inventory, but once you do that you can’t borrow a bird because the combat starts immediately.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I’ve never used the Mighty Eagle except in other Angry Birds games when it requires you to. To me it feels like cheating even though it is part of the game. There is no place in Angry Birds EPIC that can’t be beaten with a good strategy. However when level 25 was the cap there where some areas that seemed nearly impossible to 3 star without using a rage chili nearly every round.

Jim151
    @jim151

There is no place in Angry Birds EPIC that can’t be beaten with a good strategy.

Unless you don’t do Facebook.

LeUsername
    @thisepicplayer

So, the event ended, got the 6000 mastery in 1 swing (I get really good luck, I have never failed a event wheel) and my birds are now rank 506, with thunderbird and illusionist at rank 4. Also, didn’t get stone guard in time for the rewards sadly.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

It took me 4 spins go get the 6000 for all, which was nice help in leveling birds, even if I didn’t get the 2nd 6k for Chuck. Still, 1st place and 1400 paid for a bunch up upgrades at the Dojo.

LeUsername
    @thisepicplayer

Also, illusionist is really good for arena. I had a lot of 3 stars winning arena enemies.

Mimi27
    @mimi27

I spent a quantity of my horded stamina towards the end of the event and moved from 4th to 1st. Got lucky with my first spin and picked up 6000 for Chuck, and 2 sets of 2000 for all. My Illusionist is Level 5 and the rest of the birds are creeping their way to 11.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Sonic Dash

Viewing 25 replies - 351 through 375 (of 404 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.