Set Items

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Set Items

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 771 total)
  • Replies
  • GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I free spun Matty’s Heavenly Case today, so I now have all of her items at some level or other. It’s not a bad anti-buff set, but I just can’t shake the feeling that I’d take her as Witch, with Sweet instead. Maybe if the enemy is all about boosts, I swap from Sweet to Heavenly.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

And I free spun Mana Well, burned a bunch of shards to get that playable.

Aside from Cheater, I now have ALL of the possible sets for both Birds and Banner, so now it’s just a question replacing a few weak items and upgrading things with Shards.

Jim151
    @jim151

I’m still missing one half of valiant, both halves of angry, and one half of reset, one half of shadow steps, and both halves of cheater. Not that I’d use any of them but valiant.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Not gonna lie, but I’m definitely liking Mana against Venomous-related teams.

Pointless
    @pointless

Certainly has its uses, doesn’t it? Use it against TBird/Skulkers as well to nullify that crazy damage potential.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Yeah, those, too. Makes it a lot easier to race them when their bonus damage disappears.

Also, I’m not really feeling Blue’s new Cheater Set. I think I’d rather focus on Artillery & BEEP.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I completed the Frozen banner set yesterday so now I have that, Angry and Sweet… Doesn’t seem that good eh, just an 8% chance to stun? I’ll stick to Angry, it has done me a great service ever since I used it.

Pointless
    @pointless

No, it certainly looks better on paper than it plays, which is too bad, as the combinations to use with it are different than ones we normally see, and would therefore add to the variety. An old Set that has been completely overshadowed by newer, more powerful ones.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Blazing eye is old, and I still see it. Also Blessed.

But yeah, once Valiant is fixed, the meta will shift.

I can’t wait…

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

I still see opponents with the Frozen Set but, personally speaking, the only set that I never myself see a use for is that Linked Set. The way I play, I never have a good use for it and I have all 6 Sets lying around from all leagues…

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    Linked (I always called it Bird Connection because of the German name which is “Vogelbindung”… so sorry if you didn’t notice I posted about it back then :P) seems like a very, very defensive set to me. 50% chance to share half the damage taken with the banner… I’ve had an opponent that used it to great advantage. It felt like his birds were coated with steel and mine were out of butter, it was THIS bad. But once his birds were down, there was no stopping me anymore. I’d say it does have its use… but I prefer sets that give me an advantage in KO’ing the opponent side. I’m not even sure if I’d use Valiant once it finally gets fixed. I’d certainly miss the damage bonus at <25% health and the 10% bonus attack…

Pointless
    @pointless

@graugeist I in no way meant my remark about old Sets as disparaging, as I use Blessed myself since the untimely demise of Valiant…in the opinion of those of us that have it, of course :) I see many Blessed, many Blazing, a few Mighty but rarely Frozen.
    I simply mean that the Set was introduced when there was still an inkling of balance in Arena, and Rovio did not want to make Frozen too powerful, as coupled with the obvious Bird/Set combinations, it had the potential to be devastating. So they made the Set Bonus too low, and now verging on obsolete with Mana Shell brought into the fold.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

OK, got it. I agree.

angryde
    @angryde

@pointless Yay Blessed! I finally ground my 52-Diamond-3* Blessed Head to E-9. Now to push my Blessed Blanket from E-8 to E-9. Ah, Pumpkin Plateau-2, how I despise you!

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Well actually that set has a use but as I said above, I never use it. But basically that Set is more powerful coupled with the Emblem of Resilience. Even though that damage is said to be 50% which is shared with the banner, with that emblem equipped, it drops that taken damage further by 30% (10% for each bird standing). AND if you further use Red with his Steel Set, your banner will be as strong as Vibranium. :P
    So yeah, that set is useful but my play-style limits me from using it. I’m more in favor of offense than defense.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

The next month is due to begin soon, and with it comes a new daily calendar…

What do you guys think, what will be the reward for the 25th? A new set item (which would make it 52)? An old set item? Or… something entirely different? I could imagine a second stamp card fitting in that slot, since you get one for the 11th too.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Given the history, a new set item would make the most sense, simply because it means there would be another set item for people to chase. I could see them switch from Birds to Banner.

Switching to stamp cards would be bad for all of the people who are already maxxed out on stamps and/or bird mastery.

Atom
    @atom

They already have a stamp card as a monthly reward anyway so it will probably be another set item of some kind.

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

Am I dreaming or the Valiant set was fixed ?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I did a couple fights, and let the enemy KO my birds a bunch. Out of 20+ KOs for Valiant on both sides, All were 3-turn waits.

Pointless
    @pointless

Every previous new Set was leaked, either by a player here who manipulated the game, or by the “Airplane” opponents having them equipped before we could acquire the Set. I have seen nothing, so am unsure that it will be a new Set next month. We will find out soon.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@graugeist
    Say what, there is a limit on how many stamp cards you can have? What is that limit?

@atom

True, but before the Daily Calendar was introduced, you were able to get FOUR, sometimes FIVE stamp cards per month if you played daily. Getting only one stamp card per MONTH is pretty demotivational for newer players.

@pointless

Yeah. I asked since there was no leak about a new set item so I wondered.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@smwforever45 @pointless Make note that most leaks have happened after Epic has gotten an update and there has not been any updates this month for Epic.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Yeah, I show 70 stamps, out of 100+, but it stops counting if you have more than 70 stamp cards.

Also, back then, you were only supposed to get 1 card per week. You didn’t get a stamp card every day.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@graugeist
    Oops, you’re right – I meant to say 4-5 stamps a month. Fixed!

70? I’m darn far away from that, I have 21 or so XD
    How much discount do you get with 70 stamp cards?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Set Items

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 771 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.