Set Items

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Set Items

Viewing 25 replies - 701 through 725 (of 771 total)
  • Replies
  • pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

@pointless I used Bones all the time too in the Arena when we were at L60M60 and I had L62 versions. Scrapped them when I started getting L72 set items (I think Reset was my first complete L72 set). Now I also have complete L72 Mana and Lightning sets. Never got L72 Bones set items since the cap update to L70M70. So I do with what I have ;)

I’ll use Mana mostly against venomous teams. Otherwise, when I play Chuck in the Arena it’s usually with Reset although I like Mana’s 8% attack bonus.

@bubbley
    The Blues “Will” set is Avenging Will. I have it and am enchanting it slowly (L72E4/L72E5 right now). I mostly use Ballista because Beep! (my fave) is half L72 and half L62. That’s a 748+ health points difference compared with Ballista.

I also meet a lot more venomous teams lately, often with all 3 of Druid, Rogues and Rainbird so Mana does come in handy.

As for Lasting Song, I’d love to get the second half again but I actually think Nature’s Blessing is just as effective when the enemy team has Matilda and/or another a healer. It helped me many times in and out of the Arena.

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

Actually I have all weapons’ sets L71 with a couple of lucky spins recently flipped at L72. Indeed I’m stuck at a maximum of E4 for my preferred ones because I’m using almost any daily snoutlings on gaining mastery levels leaving only the remaining ones for weapons’.

I had a lot of problems against Arena teams equipped with Reprisal crest put on banner. In order to shut these configurations down I started playinf with:
    – Chuck Rainbird M37 Lightning set L72/E3
    – Matilda Elite Druid M32 Lasting song set L71/E4
    – The Blues Elite Rogue M31 BEEP robot L71/E3
    – Banner Mighty Head set E4 with Mythic weakness E4

I realized quickly how strong is this configurations against almost anyone excluding teams with Chuck equipped with mana set: I can abuse of Chuck rage, be sure about opponent not being able to heal himself, I’m powered up by the banner set and hit almost any opponent multiple times with durable effect each hit. After any raging chili effect lasting Song Will heal my team and occasionally I have time to combine attacking and defensive strategies, too. It seems to me that this strategy is paying a lot, despite being only L70 but rather low on mastery and enchantments when compared to opponents (overall mastery 30, overall enchantments 3).

I can usually kill enemies with 300-500 power points higher than me. I’m actually at 3600 and I can occasionally kill bad playing up to 4200 teams.

what do you think?
    MM

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@maxxmatt That lineup is called Venom, although most run it with the Blessed banner set that increased healing from Druid and Rainbird (put Sweet set on Druid for even more). It’s very effective and was one of the two most common before the Squire set came out.

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

this issue is related to my enchantments weapons’ process:
    – I run out of enchantments shards and I refill slowly (only Arena and Calendar, no LC to use in the process anymore)
    – I own an L71/E3 “finisher” set
    – I just spin a L72 hook for finisher set

Which is the right move in my situation?
    continue to slowly enchant the old finisher set nor dismantle it, resue the remaining shards talento from the process and start to power up thenew one even slower?

let me know your reasoning, It could be extended to any similar object weapons’ situation

thanks
    MM

burbman
    @burbman

@maxxmatt – Recycling the L71/E3 hook will yield some shards, at least enough to enchant the new L72 hook to E1 or 2. If you have any other set items lying around that you do not use, they could also be recycled to generate enough shards to get back to E3 pretty quickly.

If the older set item was enchanted higher, I might keep it as is, and start enchanting the new one up until it overpowered the original, but at E3, the difference is really not that significant.

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

@burbman
    You are right, in the process I lose only a single shard {[new(1+2+3)]} – old(5) net to 1 and not more than 2000 snoutlings. It is a reasonable loss for a Max Power item.

Actually I have all sets combo, but no twin unused weapons’ aside this one; the redundant ones have been sacrified in the past and now I’m not massively spinning out my remaining LCs into this process because I’d like to search for missing banner parts, during riots, first.

Aside arena and calendars prizes there aren’t any other free options for shards, isn’t It?

Let me figure out which is your own enchantment speed compared to mine. How much time/efforts do you Need to Fully enchant a weapons’ set?

Thanks for cooperation.

PS. I suspect that you suggest me to stop powering up any L71 weapons waiting for future L72 onesbut, don’t you?

burbman
    @burbman

@maxxmatt – You can also recycle unused banner set items for shards.

You are correct that I would not spend further resources enchanting any item that is not the current max level. I usually work to enchant my favorite sets once I have obtained the elements at the highest level. It has been ages since I spent LC on GPM or AGPM spins, I just use my free spins as often as they come up. I also do not spend LC on purchasing shards. About the only place I spend LC these days is on resetting the counter in the dojo after mastery limits increase, for my Max XP/Max Mastery team.

My other two teams are still battling their way through the island. These teams have not enchanted any items, as they become obsolete so quickly. I also do not spend LC on the GPM or AGPM on these teams. I used the first LC I got to purchase Golden Chili, and now spend them on premium classes.

PJng
    @pjng

Few day ago, calender reward set item kirei masamune,
    Yesterday i get same set item same level again from free video spin.

angryde
    @angryde

Well, tomorrow is 5xRR and I’m pumped. XD

I’m at L80 and I’ve got 480+ LCs to “waste” on spinning for MAX’D epic items/sets.

Then, fingers crossed, I’ll be trying out this new “Relict” icon/process – in theory, and as long as everything goes to plan – I should have about 40+ sub-L72 items to feed into this baby…

I’m excited! XD

DD
    @toolow

@angryde Wow. Good luck.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@angryde good luck. I’m going to try for some weapons also. Not sure about the relict stuff though.

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

@angryde
    reading your post, a couple od questions come up in my mind:
    – are weapons “wheel spins” optimized only by your LEVEL? if You are L80, weapons Will bè won at L82 and with 5x you are rising your own max probability to have Thema maxed Power. is It only this? no other better options?
    – are banner pieces Power influenced by League you are playing? the same special object Will have different Power when spinned at StoneArena rather than DiamonArena. is It true?

if this is the right scenario, i’m in your same situation: some LCs to use for new weapons, old ones to try to make Ancient and the Desire to make, at least this time, the max Power weapons in the game

MM

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@pointless since you used TJ for a couple of years. I wondered what you thought of it in combination with Chuck with Twin Lightening. I ask because I have Mythic TJ and I forged an Ancient Living Lightening. I also rolled a Lightening Tome this morning. I have been very fond of Last Will and Mana but last season and so far this I used Mana much more. Twin Lightening is very powerful however so, before I enchant anything because I don’t have the shards to do much, I’d like your opinion please.

Is it better to enchant Offhand items or Weapons? Or is it better to just enchant to a lower level?.

Many thanks.

Pointless
    @pointless

@bubbley I absolutely loved TL. Problem is, Chuck has a few great Sets. I use Bones in Arena, and really don’t see a better option in the scenario. The Last Will proc, near 100%, is extremely useful, as I often start my turn after a lost toss with an enemy Bird already down, or close. Coupled with Resurrect, this often leaves me with all three of my Team up and ready to wreak havoc.
    PvE I now use Mana, simply as it was the first Set I got at L82, and I thought I would try something different for a while. I do miss the devastating wave-clearing effect of a TL proc, but the immunity provided by Mana is a decent trade off. Would I use TL again? Absolutely (in fact I rolled a complete Set in yesterday’s 5x), but for now it’s not worth Enchanting, given the resources involved and Mana’s effectiveness.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@pointless thanks for the insight. I had more or less come to the same conclusion especially since I use TB in the Arena. It is tempting because of the Ancient Living Lightening. If I had more shards I might enchant but I don’t.

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

I’d Like to hear your reasonings and feelings about the new issue Ancient attribuite of weapons and banner.

1) if you want to (slowly) gain max powered objects, in the end, it became a must
    2) if you are starting to power up (again) your preferred weapons sets, this new “ground zero” could be considered an “higher plateau”. after a while, any unused object could be transmuted into an Ancient one, if the costs involved in the process could be considered sustainable.
    3) actually, aside object you currently use, all’ the others are always “unused value”. I discovered myself trying to abuse of anyone of them but in the end, many among them could be considered “underpowered”. For example, aside playing Arena Daily rare quests, why should I use katana over dragon? no reason at all during normal play’. So, why not start making stronger ancient weapons (possibly unused) instead of having stored unused ones?
    4) LCs expenses? High. With an average of 60-70 LCs you can switch old normal ones into new ancient ones. Would you spend LCs in a better way? Aside from GoldenChili, Paladin, Skullkers, Witch, Berserk, Samurai and their own Elite upgrades, retroactively speaking, I Will not bought the other ones I bought again, if I could come back. So LCs stored should bè used, in someway. That said, sometimes, maybe once in a month, you can spin for Ancient using calendar LCs and get Ancient objects. actually It is worth a try.

What do you think?

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

ok, I did “ancient things” again. :-) and, while I spent a total of 60LCs, I’m satisfied because of the results: I grabbed HOOK, perfect for my FINISHER set, one of the few I’m almost always using.

INFO & STATS
    HOOK – ANCIENT, L82, E5, POWER 1122, FINISHER DAMAGE 8850
    HOOK – SPECIAL, L72, E3, POWER 828, FINISHER DAMAGE 6860
    HOOK – SPECIAL, L82, E0, POWER 816, FINISHER DAMAGE 6778
    TOTAL COST, 60 LCs, 0 shards, 0 snoutlings, 3 completely unused special objects.

Now, do your reasonings but with more additional details compared with today morning. It can appear subtle, but playing for a couple of Ancient weapons is better when, like me, you are pauper on shards but with a decent amount of both unused LCs and special weapons. Depending on luck, I can hit the Ancient forge again 3-4 times before being depleted of my free LCs and old weapons. Three spins, Will bè done for sure in the next to come future. Stay tuned.

Just my 2 cents.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@maxxmatt I am curious – did you use only bombs weapons for forging? How many respin did it take to get the Ancient?

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

@datguygamer wrote somewhere here that the “Ancient” feature final outcome is not function of the bird family of ownership. I put into the forge random L71 objects, especially opting for the ones just forged Ancient before.

In the end…I spin the Ancient feature with the first spin only once.
    Average number of spins needed for ancient until now have been 2.18, in LCs currency average 80-90 LCs.

@bubbley

Retroactively speaking, if these LCs would have been “real Life moneys”, I would have not recommended to “abuse” of them like I did (while writinv I own 7 Ancient weapons). But many of them came from prizes and the game itself, so losing LCs and unused weapon, shrinking only the number of items in your store is worth the results.

I can elaborate now the argument written today in a more exhaustive way: in a brief span of time (and a lot of LCs) It can bè possibile to switch all’ the weapons into ancient WITHOUT using shards, levelling the raw Power far higher than before (at least in my experience, with only L71-72 weapons and nothing more than E4-E5 Power). Rovio switch snoutlings and shards for LCs, leaving the old currencies only for enchantment level from E5 tocE10. It is a fair way to put new resources and money in a game that anyone of US, possibly all’ expert players, was judging a Little bit simple nor WITHOUT heavy news.

This is not the best improvement available, but at least left US with a new way to spend and use all’ the stored resources coming from the game, others useless.

What do you think about the previuosly written caratteristics? Do you have comparabile L72- E10 weapons or L82/E10 non ancient ones? I dati like to view how much the numbers Will differ.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@maxxmatt you say you “own 7 Ancients but many of them came from prizes and the game itself”. Could you please explained what prizes and where in the game itself. Many thanks.

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

I was talking about LCs not ancient weapons, of course

Pointless
    @pointless

@bubbley it would be very tempting given an Ancient Set item. I probably would have reverted back to TL if I had that prior to Enchanting Mana. Now that Set is L82/E10, no turning back.

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

@bubbley & any others
    May you post some caracteristics of L82/E10 enchanted weapon set, for comparisation with my fresh ancient objects? Thanks

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@maxxmatt all level 82/E10:

Staff of Bones Attack 1109
    Book of Bones Health 1952
    Timeless Joy Health 2985
    Paper Health 3098
    Ballister Bolts Health 2448

I did not have enough shards to fully enchant all sets so chose the offhand items.

I don’t have anything enchanted at level 82 for Red.

I am interested to know which Ancients you have and the stats.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@pointless it is very tempting. Perhaps if the Elite pigs prove a challenge and I acquire enough shards I might go for it. Trouble is I think you really need both items for the true worth to show. I simply cannot spend LC on such a chance. It’s way too expensive for me. I’d rather by shards if they come on offer.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Set Items

Viewing 25 replies - 701 through 725 (of 771 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.