New Elite Class: Elite Mage for Chuck

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Elite Class: Elite Mage for Chuck

Viewing 23 replies - 76 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

For me, a reboot of the app helped… Keep trying and give the game some time, too. If it still doesn’t show up tomorrow open a ticket.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

I sent in a ticket for this 7 or so hours ago. A prompt reply from Rovio saying server side fixes completed and it should work after a reboot. Mine is working. If yours doesn’t work after jumping through all the hoops send in a ticket.

I have taken him for a spin in the Arena. An improvement but not enough for any routine use in my opinion. Certainly has a niche though.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@angryde thanks. I was none too happy when it didn’t work.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I got Elite Mage this morning, only needed 1 more after the morning movie.

Interestingly, Elite Mage Shock Shield is 1539, exactly 10% better than Archmage at 1399.

He’ll be marginally better in “KO Birds when the attack your banner”, which is all that I wanted.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Wait so is the Shock Shield tied to Chuck’s base health or to his base attack? Or is Archmage already 10% better than base Mage? Wouldn’t that make it a 20% increase?

Suikyo
    @suikyo

@smwforever45 yes, if you have archmage, the elite mage would be 20% better than the mage but you probably don’t have mage anymore.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@suikyo
    Everyone has Mage :P I don’t have Archmage though. I don’t have any of the special giveaways.

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

I got Elite Mage, and its attacks are using the Archmage’s multipliers.

Mage: Storm does 55% damage, Shock Shield does 75% damage
    Archmage: Storm does 61% damage, Shock Shield does 83% damage.

My Elite Mage is using the same multipliers as Archmage. So I got the 10% base stats boost, and I retain the Archmage upgrade I had previously gotten.

If you never got the Archmage upgrade and just got the Elite Mage upgrade, please post your Chuck’s numbers to see what multiplier you are getting.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

So wait, if we had Archmage, we actually have Elite Archmage? Even better!

Anonymous

@whiteasice @graugeist You know, that must mean that the class upgrades aren’t actual new classes at all. All that button does is add a bonus mastery level and replace the icon. O.o

Wait a minute, this must mean that there’s an “Elite Ronin”, but how come nobody reported that?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@partshade
    Actually, a mastery 8 Elite class is BETWEEN a mastery 9 normal class and a mastery 10 normal class, being only slightly worse than mastery 10.
    To visualize:

My mastery 8 Elite Knight has 914 base attack and 4789 base health.
    My mastery 9 Samurai, however, has 880 base attack and 4609 base health.
    So mastery 8 Elite > mastery 9.

My mastery 8 Elite Mage has 1367 base attack and 2675 base health.
    My mastery 10 Wizard, however, has 1388 base attack and 2718 base health.
    So mastery 8 Elite < mastery 10.

Also, as far as I know Ronin and Elite Knight had the same attack stats? Shouldn’t Archmage and Elite Mage have equal attack stats too, then?

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

Screenshots of my Elite Mage http://imgur.com/a/JaGzj

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I just told you that Archmage and Elite Mage have different stats – my Elite Mage is 10% better than my Archmage.

Anonymous

@smwforever45 Ohhhh. Interesting! :D

Pointless
    @pointless

So as Grey Ghost has said, Elite Mage is, for those of us who have Archmage, an effective double boost to Elite Archmage (10% increase to both Attack and Health).
    Elite Knight is also a base increase of 10% to my normal Knight, so I am wondering, as others have posed, where does Ronin/Elite Ronin fall? Would someone who had Ronin post their stats to confirm this?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

OTOH, Elite Ronin still wouldn’t be playable compared to Samurai / Paladin.

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

For reference, my Archmage before the upgrade http://imgur.com/a/V35nD

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

So in fact, those that had Ronin, Archmage, Moon Priestess and Corsair retain their advantage? While that’s great news for those that have them (since Elite upgrades will make them better instead of obsolete), it’s bad news for me since I’ll forever be behind everyone that has them :P

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Of those 4, only Archmage and Moon Priestess see regular play of any sort, and even then, they’re specific to particular opponents or objectives.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

I only have Corsair and Archmage. The others were Japan and China exclusive. :(
    I hate it when games do that region exclusive thing.

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

@graugeist I use my Corsair as one of my core birds. I rarely use the others (Berserker when I can’t use chili, Capt’n when I need to KO 3 birds in 1 hit) since Corsair is a consistent 110% hit. Also with Valiant broken, Corsair’s support skill will last longer. Sea Dog is quite difficult to use in Arena because I have to keep him over 88% health to outdamage Corsair, and I don’t usually have all 3 birds alive since Arena foes love to spike down Chuck or Blues in one turn.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

If you tie him to the healthiest other bird (Matty / Red), Sea Dog usually gets that extra hit in, which makes up for whatever damage he might take.

loynis
    @loynis

I took my elite (arch)mage to arena, switching out wizard (both 50/12 with 10/10 lightning set). My core pvp team was wizard/sea dog/spies, and with elite mage I noticed better results.

On coin toss wins I usually knock out opposing side on the first turn and finish the banner by 3rd turn, nothing changed, I guess wizard was an overkill.

On coin toss loss, however, mage is more likely to stay alive due to higher hp and AI targeting preferences (I deliberatly use sea dog with 10/0 enchants to keep his hp lower), so he often comes out the last bird standing. And his solo chili just as deadly. Wizard sometimes was targeted before sea dog, getting him killed and leaving only hurt sea dog on the table.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Elite Class: Elite Mage for Chuck

Viewing 23 replies - 76 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.