New Elite Class: Elite Mage for Chuck

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Elite Class: Elite Mage for Chuck

• Rovio’s next event (Angry Birds The Movie) will have the Elite upgrade Elite Mage for Chuck.

Screenshot_2016-04-11-15-43-29.png

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 98 total)
  • Replies
  • Power Pork
    @abginebird

Ah… Great!
    Here we go again…. More elite classes… The people who have “arch mage” are obviously NOT going to get this.
    Edit: oh, so it actually effects arch mage too, sorry for my mistake…

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@abginebird
    Archmage will probably be different from Elite Mage like Ronin is different from Elite Knight.
    Since I have neither I’ll participate. (Also for the mastery.)

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@abginebird You can switch between the Mage upgrades after you get the Elite Class.

orinocopl
    @orinocopl

Same repetitive BORING campaign…
    Fascinating.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

To be honest, I am still excited about this BUT there’s one thing I do NOT and I mean DO NOT like about these events: these Elite upgrades are currently one time only and that sucks big time. I don’t know what Rovio is thinking.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    IDK but maybe they’ll add purchases in later.

Power Pork
    @abginebird

Well, I don’t have arch mage and not looking forward for elite classes but it’s a mini campaign so it’s going to have new enemies and a golden pig castle (dungeon) so , not a very boring event….
    And thanks for the tips everyone…

orinocopl
    @orinocopl

I don’t mind golden pig also. What i don’t like is fact, that it will be same campaign as always-and this is boring. Rovio is not doing any news.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

Just like with Elite Knight, I’ll point out the fact that Elite Mage will NOT be the same as Archmage. Archmage has a 10% stronger attack than Mage (as I remember, Archmage deals 61% damage to enemies whereas Mage deals 55% damage). The Elite Mage will have 10% stronger base attack and health than Arch(Mage).

You hear me, @abginebird?

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

@mighty-red-1 is more than likely correct. The Elite Mage will replace Mage and Archmage because of the 10% Atk/10% Health.

Guessing Rovio thinks they are “leveling the playing field” by making the Ronin/Archmage/Moon Priestess/Corsair obsolete by adding these Elite classes. Although, with maybe a few exceptions, not that many people use those classes or their non elite counterparts.

I’m in the same boat as other posters (and have been for awhile): These events are the same as we’ve seen for over a year. We need something new. C’mon Rovio, an expansion would be pretty sweet right about now!

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

Ah crap. At this rate, there will be Elite Pirate. That means the $40 I spent for the code to unlock Corsair will become useless.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I will play this for the Campaign that gets me Golden castle. I can always use more LCs

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@whiteasice I see that as an exclusive collector’s item which I’ll never get sadly.

@jadedbacon
    What kind of expansion are you talking about here?

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

@datguygamer I was thinking like a whole new campaign, a new island that you could visit and battle some new villain. It’d have it’s own story, maybe introduce new characters instead of the same characters in different hats.

Maybe a new bird joins your party with their own set of classes. Maybe try to mix up the formula a little, maybe have branching paths where you pick a side and progress the story down that path and get different bonuses for tricky fights depending on which side you picked.

Maybe new PVP arenas where each arena has a different passive ability kinda like what you see in the chronicle caves.

Maybe a new PVP mode where instead of fighting in an arena, you create a fortress for your nest (a… fortnest if you will) and have to assault other birds forts. It’d be a 3 wave battle where you could customize your defenses for those 3 waves, with the 3rd battle being inside the fort vs the enemy birds themselves. Higher risk/reward for PVP points as if you lose any of those 3 fights, you don’t get any points. Maybe add a turn limit so that people don’t stall and try to keep their birds at max health going into the 2nd-3rd wave.

Having played the same stuff over and over for over a year, I’ve had time to think about this lol. I could go into more detail, but I think that’s beyond what this thread is about. Also just to make sure everyone knows, there’s nothing as far as I know in the pipelines for Epic that’s anywhere near what i’m describing. Just wishful thinking on my part.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@jadedbacon Nice ideas, dude. Why don’t you send these ideas to Rovio?

Anonymous

This elite class looks beautiful. It has a diamond-encrusted triangle in front and it has black feathers, with some golden color on the edges, it has 10% boosts stats too. I want the enemies to have new abilities. I am so bored of the regular abilities. I want them having new abilities as the the Big Bad Buzz had from Sonic Event.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

True, a new island would be awesome. Plus new birds.
    How about Hal or Poppy make their appearance in Epic? Hal could be an archer type (boomerang?), while Poppy could be some sort of air drill or something.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

The easiest way to make the stuff relevant is to have the Island reset at higher level for higher rewards. Lots of games have the same map, but at easy / regular / hard / nightmare for 4 plays of each stage. Just harder.

Jim151
    @jim151

I occasionally use Mage, in the arena when an objective is ti knock out enemies while they are attaching the banner, so this upgrade won’t be totally pointless. That and the 44 LCs from the dungeon.

Pointless
    @pointless

Definitely see the use for Elite Mage, more so that for Elite Knight. A very good class for the objective @jim151 describes.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Yes. Archmage is playable, although for that objective, he’s more of an effect than a character. Same with how Sweet Witch works.

Pointless
    @pointless

Certainly, but that objective is really all about that indirect damage anyways. I do agree that from a pure damage perspective, (Arch)Mage is quite weak. Really, although it has its uses, the Class is outperformed by Chuck’s other options.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

So the next class to come after Chuck’s is Elite Priestess. I wonder what Rovio will do after they have upgraded all starting classes…

Pointless
    @pointless

@datguygamer how do you know that? Besides, Cleric is Matilda’s original Class, not Priestess (although which is weaker is most definitely debatable).

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pointless Yeah I meant that; Cleric. Other than Witch, I cannot remember most classes for Matilda since I never use them, thus my mistake.

Also, the way I know this is by trial and error and watching the pattern for a long time. As I have said in the past in my Arena Trophy thread, everything in the game happens in the order of Red-> Chuck-> Matilda-> Bomb-> Blues aka as they are obtained in the story. It has never been any different for anything.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Elite Class: Elite Mage for Chuck

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 98 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.