New Elite Class: Elite Mage for Chuck

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Elite Class: Elite Mage for Chuck

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 98 total)
  • Replies
  • WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

@smwforever45 Uh, Mage’s Shock Shield is based on Chuck’s base Attack, not Health. Shock Shield does 83% of Chuck’s base attack.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Oh, sorry.
    Still though. 10% extra health is better to me.

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

Chuck will still get KO’d in one turn in Arena fights. Even with the 10% health boost and a Vitality offhand, Blues has more health.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

With Valiant broken, I wonder if Chuck still makes sense in Arena when he’s only up 1 out of every 4 turns…

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Why are you all so focused on Arena? There’s PvE too :/

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 For players who are maxed out, other than these “hat tours”, we have nothing important for events since mastery is a thing of the past unless new classes are there. However, the arena is where you get the most snouts and shards that are required to stay powerful. Not to mention, personally speaking, my arena item collection is still missing 9 items so of course I am glued to the arena more than anything. ;)

Yeah, there’s PvE, but that’s a complete non-issue at this point. Heck, I don’t even participate in the normal events since they offer me nothing.

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

Yeah, there’s PvE, but that’s a complete non-issue at this point. Heck, I don’t even participate in the normal events since they offer me nothing.

@smwforever45
    pretty much this. I’ve been thinking of ideas to breath some PVE life into this game, I tend to field them here to see if anyone would be interested. However I mostly don’t get any response, so maybe everyone is happy with PVE where it’s at?

Ideally I’d love a new island to explore, with new baddies and some overarching story. It’s Angry Birds so of course it’ll be something along the lines of “Hey someone stole the eggs”, but throw around enough humor and some fun encounters and it’ll be a fun way to go for the next level cap. Maybe throw in a 6th bird and some new mechanics to make us tinker with new team compositions.

Unfortunately I think the enchanting system (currently as it is) is kinda holding this kind of stuff back, because if you balance for the ones who have enchanted you alienate the non enchanted players. If you balance for non enchanted then the enchanted players can bypass any tactics and just brute force their way through. If the encounters scaled by the current power value like you see in arena, that might work. It’d be cool if enchanted provided more of a choice than just “hey here’s a 50% health/dmg boost”.

And I’ve already written way more than I intended when I first started this post and I’m sure any regular reader is tired of seeing these lol xD. Sorry for the long response!

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

While PvE exists, I have no real purpose for it at the moment. I have 3-starred everything on the island, and in the caves; gotten every blueprint from the caves, every potion, every class; maxxed out level and all of my birds. My Snouts are slowly climbing 15 per Arena wins. The only things I lack are a few Set Items, LCs and Shards – PvE won’t do anything for me.

That’s what the End Game looks like. It’s not bad, it’s just what it is.

At the moment, I am slowly winding down my materials stockpile as I enchant things. At some point, I will have to farm more materials, and that will be boring. But it will also be very easy, as I have very strong Sets for both Chuck and Blues.

Now, if there were other PvE content, even just a replay with higher dfficulty and better payouts (i.e. more materials per fight), I might be interested. But at the moment? Meh.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

You guys have a point. I frequently encounter hitting a “100%” point in other games where there’s just nothing more to do or get – if the RPG part of ABEpic was deeper it could go on for a good bit. Like making weapons a lot more complicated (set items could be combinations of blueprint items plus additional materials instead of being retrieved from the GPM), adding more birds and many more classes adding more variation, adding many more enemies which give a use for every single class and not just an elite selection of 5-10, maybe a Hard mode for end-game players to play or a second story.
    If the game stays as is – then yeah, I’ll eventually hit dead end in PvE one day, too. With my first class soon at rank 10, I’m probably closer than I wish I was.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

If you’re only now hitting 10, you actually have quite a ways to go. You just don’t realize it. :D

Pointless
    @pointless

A very long way @smwforever45 …M10-12 is not a quick thing, especially if you are only just getting your first Class to 10, believe me (and many others here)

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Yup. Looking back through the Mastery thread, it took me more than 6 months to get from a few 10s to all 12s. :D

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Time flies though… you just don’t realise it :P
    A month ago my Wizard reached rank 9… Yes a month is quite some time… but for some reason it just passed through like it was a week or so XD

Sailus
    @sailus

Well I’m pre-retired. I have all maxed and did all the pve lvs. Just doing elite events just for collection and getting arena diamond trophy. After that if there’s nothing new I will stop. :$

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

8->9 <<<< 9->12.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@graugeist My standard line-up is Chuck/Wiz, Matilida/Witch, and Blues/Trickster with the Blessed banner/head with a badge that gets picked for the team I am fighting (e.g, if I’m up against Witch/Sweet, I go with Weakened Healing).

I think Chuck still makes sense because with the Lightning set he is really effective. So if you have Witch/Sweet and get to move first, you can take out at least one of the opposing team at the start. Even if you move second, and Chuck gets knocked out, Witch can heal your banner on your second turn before she’s knocked out. Then Chuck revives and you drop the chili on him.

The times that doesn’t work is if you lose the toss, then get RNG’s with a TJ so that you lose two birds on the first turn. And then they have Blues with Ballista and he gets a critical hit on your banner. It’s hard to come back from that. But with Valiant nerfed I’m seeing a lot more variety in terms of teams’ banners and badges, which makes it interesting.

Still, I haven’t lost all three lives in a while, and my score gets limited pretty much by the amount of time I am willing to fight. Maybe the key thing is that a blind monkey making moves at random would have a hard time losing if Witch heals their banner by +12,000 on a single turn.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Yeah, I’m seeing similar stuff, playing something similar with Witch. Thing is, it’s kind of more of a Witch strategy, in that she’s really the key to “just don’t lose”.

The Chuck strategies with Bomb & Blues/Red are more “hit hard and hit often”, which isn’t as viable with Valiant broken.

I kind of wonder if I shouldn’t just be play Samurai / Witch / Seadog instead.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

I have collected all the items but I don’t have the Mage. Anyone else experienced this? I don’t have a switch button either.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@bubbley I got the Elite Mage upgrade just now and I managed to change my Chuck into it so maybe Rovio have fixed it:
    Screenshot_2016-04-29-10-25-42.png

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@angryjohnny I don’t have the change button. I have restarted several times. Nothing.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@angryjohnny Finally a change button. It now works. Thanks for replying.

angryde
    @angryde

@bubbley Glad that got sorted for you. I just obtained my last reel and the ‘change’ process went smoothly. I just followed the ‘tap instructions’ and pressed the – now present! – ‘change’ button. I’m playing on Android via Bluestacks, just as a general FYI.

Charles
    @razaryel

Same here Bubbley. Must be a bug. I sent in a ticket.

Charles
    @razaryel

I unlocked the class, got all collectibles, but can’t select the elite Mage. I only have the regular Mage. No option to switch between normal and elite Mage either. Just regular Mage. I have all of the movie reels and popcorn and soda and whatnot, it even said I unlocked the class. I rebooted the game and my device. Should I open a ticket? And if so how do I do that?

Midnight Mountain
    @cathedral

Hello, does anyone is NOT getting the mage’s new hat like me?, got all the things i needed but no signals of the new hat in my inventory, any help? :/

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Elite Class: Elite Mage for Chuck

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 98 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.