Mastery Points

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 751 through 775 (of 2,264 total)
  • Replies
  • GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Just a handful left, literally:
    Illusionist 11, Witch 10, Frost 9, Skulkers 11 & TH 5.

Skulkers will hit 12 next, and then it’ll be something of a slog for the remaining classes, but all-12 is coming along nicely!
    ____

3/1 – still grinding the last 4: Ill 11, Witch 11, Frost 9 & TH 7

Also, that 11-11-9 team fails a lot more than it should in SRC. Not sure why.

dillo
    @dillo

Are you maxing the Witch’s Grow buff? That’ll counter some of Wizpig’s siphon ability. Adding the Frost Shield can also stun him for the next round allowing FS to do 150% damage and if buffed with the Illusionist’s double-strike that could take him down considerably. I have found that it is somewhat of a gear-dependent strategy (LL for Illusionist, Doom for Witch, Rock/Paper for Frost Savage).

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I’m autoplaying SRC.
    ____

3/5 – My last 3 classes are Witch 11 / Frost 10 / TH 8.

I only have 300k XP to go, which is 600 Dojo buys / 42,000 snouts. I am very close to not needing to farm SRC, and simply being able to wait for Dojo buys to appear.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I just got an offer to buy Witch for 999 Snouts.

Except, I’ve already got Witch with Mastery 12.

I was afraid to click it, because I was scared it would reset Witch to ZERO Mastery.

(I’m still farming snouts for Frost 10 / TH 9 — only 220k to go)
    ____

3/12 – 200k to go. At my current pace, I should be ALL-12 pretty soon…

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I pushed Frost to 12, and couple hundred presses on TH got him to 12 as well.

ALL 12, ALL done.

No more farming mastery at SRC for me!

Pointless
    @pointless

Nice feeling, isn’t it? Then you get that nagging thought every three hours that you’re forgetting something…

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Yes, very satisfying! I think I’ll do OK without having to deal with SRC or Dojo. Especially not having to worry about accidentally spending LCs. That’s stress I can do without.

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

It doesn’t really matter how much mastery Golden Pig gives. Even IF it gives 12 mastery(which is the max), then it would take 4000+ goes to get a class from Rank 9 to 10. I don’t think anyone wants to spend 4000 days to upgrade 1 rank

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

All you guys that got all their bird classes to Rank 12… I’m jealous D:
    I keep buying all the Dojo mastery upgrades all the time but the Snoutling farming at SRC or DPC gets annoying over time. My highest-ranked class is Wizard who I just ranked up to 9 while all the others are between 5-8, and I’m still missing six classes as well (I just don’t have the LC’s and LC’s are so expensive compared to IAP’s on other games…).
    I wish I could use auto-play but AP acts so stupid on my game it was never able to complete a castle without me jumping in and helping at some point. Either it gets stuck at the Cactus Knight because it thinks it can’t damage the pig (while it definitely could since one of the latest updates where Ironclad and Dodge have been nerfed, plus Marksmen is really effective when combined with multi-hitters such as Samurai or Cannoneer), or it keeps using secondary effects on SRC I’d never use if I was in control, or it uses Rage Chilis in waves that could be finished in just one more normal hit.
    I’d just love to have a strategy that definitely works with auto-play without it acting up and messing up my certain victory.

Sailus
    @sailus

@smwforever45 I can help you with that.

What do you need snoutling or mastery?

Snoutlings farm south Beach 3 that have a high appearance of that pig with the bag full of coins.

Mastery I farm golden fields 1. 7 enemies and minimum 2 masterys for batle. I had 5 once In 1 batle.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Actually I need both snoutlings and mastery, and sometimes lucky coins too XD
    I lack them all since I’ve just barely started playing on a regular basis since the Christmas event.

I do have the occasional Wealthy Rogue popping up in Chronicle Cave levels with lots of waves, but rarely outside of that so I never really considered it a good way to rack up many snoutlings (except for the “on-the-go” snoutling farming while doing other levels).
    Are you sure about South Beach-3? I’m trying that level out for a good while now and so far I only got one rich pig… The odds don’t really seem different to other levels.

Golden Fields-1 seems alright, although I think lower level enemies give less mastery? Plus the enemy amount can be 5-7 and once I got no mastery at all. Aaaaand I just had a wealthy rogue appear in that level as I’m writing this. XD

Sailus
    @sailus

I saw it in a post somewhere in here about potion farming and he also said its a good place for snoutlings. I saw them a lot. :-)

About the mastery keep farming you will see it. They are low lv if you got the golden chili use bomb and 2 more that you want to lv up. Rage with bomb and its done.

Just made it and 1 fight gave me 2masterys

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@smwforever45 – At 9-8-8 you are not going to auto-play SRC without heavily boosted Set gear.

Assuming that you are Level 50, and have ALL the classes and ALL the Caves, you should throw a LOT of LCs at the 5x Rainbow Riot to get useful lv.52 Set items. Enchant a good set for Wizard and Scissors for Bomb, along with either Spies or Paladin, and you should be OK.

After that it’s just constant farming at SRC and Dojo buys. It’s going to be a while. I was farther ahead of you with some 10s, and it took me 6 months to get everything to 12.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@sailus
    Don’t have the golden rage chili but having the Spies in my team works as well. Leveling up my Berserk and Priestess to rank 8 each right now ;)

@graugeist

I am Level 50, but stuck at the boss of Cave 12 (trying to figure out a good strategy with the pigs since I do not have Facebook…), and I’m missing Stone Guard, Illusionist, Thunderbird, Witch, Sea Dog and Skulkers still (yes I missed out the first three events – shame on me). Which do you think is more important, the classes first or some good set items first? I mean I do have a few but no complete set. Used to have the *BEEP*-Attack set but I disposed of it since it was only Level 20-ish.

And holy crap, 6 months! It’s rare I could warm myself up for a casual game for this long XD

EDIT: Just in case, my complete table right now looks as following:
    8 7 8 6 7 –
    8 8 8 9 – –
    7 8 8 5 7 –
    7 8 7 8 – 7
    8 8 8 8 – 6

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

It has been a very, very long time since my birds were like yours.

I can tell you that I did all of the Caves without FB, just using the “free” birds one by one. Try to advance a flag or two each day, and try to 3-star whatever you can. Caves 16 & 17 are tough, but it’s nice to have the improved Pig Machine. It’s also nice to collect all of the blueprints, even if you never use them. For the Cave Bosses, if you don’t have the tools (I think Treasure Hunter is a good pick), just use the Mighty Eagle.

Of the classes you list, you will want Sea Dog for the damage he dishes out, and Witch for the Arena. I always say to buy classes before Set Items, as you get 2 “free” spins per day. However, as you are Level 50, it doesn’t hurt to throw 15 LCs at the 5x Riot to try and get an item, but really, your priority should be to get Wizard, Paladin and Spies to 10 ASAP, so they can farm for you.

I think you’re looking at an 8-month slog, depending on how much you can play in the background.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

So far I’m going well without FB as well, it’s just painfully slow because just two levels per day (or possibly four since the pigs are available every 12 hours). Also I remember I had trouble getting all the FE’s for the friendship gates when I just started with the game.
    I don’t think I could obtain the better Pig Machine before I’m way into Cave 17, I need 1000 and there’s only 1026 to be obtained… Right now I’m at 869 stars, still missing a few stars from some cave bosses but that’s it… I’m out of Favourite Dishes right now so I’ll try the Treasure Hunters strategy for the Cave 12 boss. Just gotta look for the right second bird to use, I was thinking of Knight or Samurai to shield or Bard to stun and heal.

The Arena isn’t my highest priority, I was thinking of Skulkers next since that class is cheapest (and also because I imagine Skulkers+Druid to be a nice combination) but I’ll go for Sea Dogs then.

Thanks for the tips so far :)

EDIT: Wait, collect ALL the blueprints? Even the ones I missed from very early caves? I’d rather be aiming for those in Cave 12 and above since that’s where the stats of the blueprints start coming close to the stats I have equipped right now…

EDIT 2: Oh, still an hour to go until I can use Prince Porky again… Ah well, more time for me to catch up on strategies. Also, 30 LC’s as the Daily Reward today, yay!

Anonymous

@smwforever45
    Top LC priority should def be the golden chili. Then classes (i agree with you and with @graugeist – sea dog and witch are most useful, and skulkers is really fun), then rainbow riot pig machine, but i guess there’s no real harm in mixing in some pig machine spins between buying classes.
    For what it’s worth, I’m generally very opposed to spending real money on games, but this was the one I made the exception for. I bought enough LCs to get the golden chili and all the classes (and the golden cauldron and anvil, but that turned out to be mostly a waste), and I think I bought some for a 5x rainbow riot at some point too. Now I just save all the LCs I get from the various free sources for the monthly 5x rainbow riot, because I’m still working on the scissors, twin lightning, and save me sets.

Jim151
    @jim151

I am Level 50, but stuck at the boss of Cave 12 (trying to figure out a good strategy with the pigs since I do not have Facebook…)

Use McCool, Blues, and any third bird of your choice. Paladin I suppose to heal the hot steam damage. Keep your 2 main birds buffed with McCool’s restock, make sure the little ghosty is always knocked out, and feed your birds chili cakes and feed the chili to blues to keep the boss always knocked out. With the buff, 2 of 3 rage cakes will be restocked.

With a liberal use of potions, I 3 starred all the caves with just pig allies.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@poptimus
    Did hear a lot about getting the Golden Rage Chili as well. It seems useful especially when facing those annoying ghost helpers in the cave boss battles, is it really a permanent buy?

I really don’t feel like spending real money, especially when the amount of LC’s you get for real money is that low. To get all six remaining classes I need 1450 LC and 1400 LC cost €49.99… On other games I play, I’d need half that money for the same content… And there’s so many more places where you may or may not need LC’s…

@jim151

Thanks for the tip, Paladin seems okay but I’d probably go with the Druid for the group healing while still damaging with the thorns. I never found the Restock ability useful but that sounds like a strategy that could work. I’ll try the Treasure Hunters too though. If one of the strategies works or if both fail I’ll let you guys know :)

Jim151
    @jim151

Thanks for the tip, Paladin seems okay but I’d probably go with the Druid for the group healing while still damaging with the thorns. I never found the Restock ability useful but that sounds like a strategy that could work. I’ll try the Treasure Hunters too though. If one of the strategies works or if both fail I’ll let you guys know :)

Sure, whatever you want. Realize that with my strategy, you will never be hit by an opponent, so the only damage you suffer will be from the hot steam, so healing isn’t a major concern. Max damage is what you are going for. However, if you have the nightmare set, then a Matilda class may be the answer. Come to think of it, Bard with nightmare may be the best. If she can stun, then you save a chili turn. And she can do 3 turns of mild healing with one buff, which should handle the steam damage.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Ok. I tried Priestess (so I could heal my allies while attacking), Treasure Hunters (giving me a 65% chance to reset the enemy’s counter by 1) and Prince Porky (to quickly kill the ghost) against the Cave 12 boss. The idea wasn’t bad… but the execution was. The Blues and the Pig only barely survived the boss attack; as soon as the cave effect kicked in as well they were dead. Got me good when the boss was down to 1/4 of its health already… Half an hour until I can try my luck with the other strategy.

@jim151

My Bard has the lowest mastery rank of all classes I have (5) and can only heal 195 HP when used and 98 HP for three turns to follow. Unless I was to use it every two turns instead of three, it wouldn’t be enough to compensate the cave damage. :(

Anonymous

@smwforever45 @jim151
    Couple combos for you to try against boss 12:
    – paladin, princess, pigiana jones
    Paladin’s protection isn’t ideal compared to knight, but using him with pigiana allows for an extra attack or two per turn, because princess’s attack’s side effect forces the enemies to attack red (as long as you make sure to heal him with princess in between her attacks, to make sure he maintains the highest health on your team, so her attack side effect keeps directing attacks to him). Paladin’s repeated attacks should keep all your team’s health up despite the steam. (For the record, this was my main combo for beating almost all of the chronicle caves, all the way through. It DOMINATES when there are a lot of weak enemy attackers, not so much with few/strong enemies, but i think it works reasonably well enough against this boss too.)
    – knight, marksmen, prince porky
    You’ll have to use a bunch of pig cherry juices and fruitcakes to keep your health up, but i think this is the fastest combo to take out the boss. Use chain attack weapons with knight and marksmen if you have them (dragonbreath set and beep attack set are ideal) to keep the little ghost down occasionally.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@smwforever45 — Hate to tell you this, but a lot of us have been playing Epic since it was first released worldwide, and a few started on the limited release. So it takes a while to get all birds to rank 12. Oh yeah, it was painful even for me.
    Definitely get the golden chili before anything else.
    As for the caves and farming — You may need to go back and play earlier levels to get the mastery (most of us did this a year or more ago).
    As for Facebook — I set up a second account for gaming only, so I don’t have to share my personal friends with my AB friends.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 751 through 775 (of 2,264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.