Mastery Points

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 476 through 500 (of 2,264 total)
  • Replies
  • dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@mvnla2 I just achieved all rank 10s too! Well, Guardian isn’t rank 10 yet because the dojo bugged out after getting the next-to-last rank 10 – none of the buttons work right now – but I’ll have it in another 3 hours.

So, my final data on this topic!

• Total dojo visits: 188
    • Snoutling offers per visit, final average: 5.98

Overall, I didn’t notice any effect on the dojo based on how many rank 10 classes or all-rank-10 birds I had – I ran a 20-period moving-average trendline in Excel, and other than one extended period of bad luck (where it dipped as low as 4.5), it hangs around in the range of 5.5 – 6.5 pretty consistently.

LC offers after buying all available snoutling offers
    Total visits with all 5 birds available: 153

Me           
             -----------  
    All      131  28.54%  
    Bomb      79  17.21%  
    Chuck     67  14.60%  
    Blues     65  14.16%  
    Matilda   65  14.16%  
    Red       52  11.33%  

This looks to me like a 2/7 chance (28.6%) for “All” and a 1/7 chance (14.3%) for each bird to be picked after the slot decides on an LC offer.

@mvnla2
    – Is your data summed over all your visits, including the visits after one of your birds had all rank 10 classes? If not, you should trim it back to that point – the birds that finished early would otherwise be underrepresented in the complete data set.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Dr_Ishmael — Unfortunately, it does include visits where some birds had all classes at rank 10. Will see if I can backtrack.
    Easier than I thought. Clean break at end of day.

MV		
    All	132	28.9%
    Red	66	14.5%
    Chuck	68	14.9%
    Blues	58	12.7%
    Bomb	64	14.0%
    Matilda	68	14.9%
    	456	100%

I was hoping that between the two of us, we would have enough data to be definitive, but the results still aren’t convincing. Your guess that it is 2/7 for all and 1/7 for any other may be correct, but there is still a lot of difference between the individual birds.

Combined	%
    All	263	28.7%
    Red	118	12.9%
    Chuck	135	14.8%
    Blues	123	13.4%
    Bomb	143	15.6%
    Matilda	133	14.5%
    	915	100.0%

I wish someone else had kept data, but I don’t think anyone did.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@mvnla2 Those variances seem reasonable to me. My data showed Bomb way above average and Red way below, while yours showed the Blues somewhat below; combining our datasets brought them all closer to 14.3.

I guess I just feel comfortable drawing conclusions sooner than you do – I seem to remember having a similar discussion about the GPM. :)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

This is totally weird — I keep thinking I’m late getting to the Dojo. but there is nothing there since all my classes are rank 10, and I have all classes.

@mvnla2, If you plan on updating the first post, I’d be happy to help out with the dojo stuff. I’ve done quite a bit for this already, so I’d be happy to do it. Just saying since you’re already maintaining quite a bit in the nest…

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@larry — Thanks for the offer! Send me a PM telling me what you think needs to be updated other than the list of LC offer probabilities above.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@adventurer — Here’s the mastery thread

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

@mvnla2 @dr_ishmael You just must calculate the “fluctuation interval”. It means that if we call p the probability of an event and n the number of experiences, then the frequency is in the interval between p-(1/sqrt(n)) and p+(1/sqrt(n)) with 95% chance. Let’s calculate this for a 1-bird offer :
    1/7≈0.142

0.142-(1/sqrt(915)) ≈ 0.1098 = 10.98 %
    0.142+(1/sqrt(915)) ≈ 0.1759 = 17.59 %

So the founded frequencies should be in the interval [10.98,17.59] w/ 95 % chance.
    If you see your results, we find the interval [12.90,15.60] which is totally acceptable and correct. So don’t worry…

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@zackvoyager That’s exactly what I was thinking of when I said they “look reasonable,” I just forgot how to calculate it.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@zackvoyager — Thanks! It’s amazing how big a 95% probability variation is given that we have 915 data points.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@tigerussell @all — Is it experience that changed with the new update? What is the experience required to get to each level?
    Did the mastery requirements also change?

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@mvnla2 — I’ve only seen chatter about experience, nothing about mastery. I’m all leveled and ranked up so no real help here. All starred up too so beyond the arena, daily pig, and my seemingly endless pursuit of the phoenix egg I’m waiting for new content.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@tigerussell

Heh, same here, except I am only missing the Ballista! I don’t Arena, so am usually found just farming in SRC…150,000 snoutlings and counting!

Could use a couple new Caves and 4 more levels to the max cap!

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

@mvnla2 @dr_ishmael Since you are “experts of mastery”, I’d like to ask you : Is the +10% bonus when earning a new mastery level relative or absolute ? I mean : Is the bonus calculated from the lv 1 stats (+90% from lv 1 to 10) or is it recalculated each time the level increases (1.1^9 ≈ 2.36 so +136% from lv 1 to 10) ?

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@zackvoyager @mvnla2 It’s relative to your current base stats, so it’s always:

(1 + 0.1 * ([rank] - 1)) * [base stat]

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@all — Major update of main post based on input from @larry. Thanks Larry!

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

@mvnla2 @larry About the probability per slot to get a Snoutling offer in the initial post, it’s 5/7 so ≈71.4 % and not 66 %…

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@zackvoyager @larry @kerravon @Dr_Ishmael — Zack — How did you come up with 5/7? If you look at the earlier posts, I think we had agreed that it was 2/3? Granted, this is an assumption.

Mastery Points

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

@mvnla2 Sorry, I did an error. I was talking about the probability to get a character LC offer… Sorry to have disturbed you…

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I think this needs to be kept on the first page.

What about a separate sticky thread combining the first page stuff from the mastery, snoutlings and experience threads?

These three threads are probably the most important threads in here and contain all gameplay info anyone is looking for. Perhaps adding some advice on what to spend LCs and Snouts on would be useful, although that could be a poll somewhere in this forum? Not sure if that’s possible at the moment, but I guess it would be useful.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@larry @admins @Birdleader — I think it would be a great idea to have a sticky thread, as Larry suggests, combining the first page stuff from the mastery, snoutlings and experience threads.
    The other thread I’m always looking through is “what objective do you hate the most”, which probably has more useful strategies than the “help with objectives” thread, but neither has been summarized. : (
    Also, there are still people starting out in Epic, if you can believe the opponents whose birds all have low ranks, and they would still be interested in the caves strategy threads. It would be a lot of work to summarize all of these, but maybe links could be included, sort of like an index to the most useful threads in the 20 (!) pages of this forum.

Anonymous

@larry @mvnla2 I personally think that making these threads sticky is a great idea (And not just because I made one of them :D) but I don’t think they should be merged. I feel like an Experience Mastery and Snoutlings guide all in one huge guide would confuse some people. Just my opinion though.

@partshade, @mvnla2, It can be done quite well actually. With the use of some html coding it should not be hard to make it readable and simple to access. There have been some great jobs on this in other threads. Check out the first post of the cheaters for a low level example, but with some minimal help of birdleader, I’m sure we can do something good with all that.

I wouldn’t mind putting it all together and work on the readability a bit, as long as I won’t have to do any editing. I simply don’t have the time for any writing these days. I’m quite comfortable with the html bit and that wouldn’t take up too much of my time.

I’m sure that combining all this valuable info and hard work by many editors would create a very comprehensive and proper strategy guide…

Anonymous

@larry Well if it works I’m all for it! BTW I did read the first page of the Cheaters forum and it is really well written.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 476 through 500 (of 2,264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.