Mastery Points

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 401 through 425 (of 2,264 total)
  • Replies
  • @laxietoo, Autoplaying Star Reef Castle with strong enough birds can give you a few thousand per hour. Just keep replaying. There’s a thread on this and someone posted a table (think it’s in this thread as well) which was assembled by someone who tested different bird setups for autoplaying and gaining mastery and snoutlings in massive quantities.

From what I remember, the best and fastest SRC combo from this table was tricksters, wizard and bard. (have used this myself to gather more than 150K. Now using

@mvnla2
    , do you know this table? I’m sure it’s posted somewhere, but these threads have become really massive. The first post shows the tables for high mastery, but there was a detailed one which listed different birds setups and snoutling wins. Any chance you could add it to the first post?

Laxietoo
    @laxietoo

@larry Thanks for the hint. I have been playing SRC on autoplay. It just takes time to accumulate snoutlings and I do have other things in my life. ;-) That is how I got up over 6000 but that was only recently. For a while I was using all my winnings on the Dojo. When I first started playing Epic I wasn’t very serious about it and didn’t understand how to play.

Now I will often play on my Galaxy S5 phone and farm snoutlings on the iPad. They are two different accounts. I started playing on the phone just a couple of weeks ago.

Laxietoo
    @laxietoo

@mvnla2

I now have one bird at 10. My Tricksters achieved that in my last trip to the dojo. Is it still useful for you to get numbers?

Here are this weeks numbers:

Tuesday Jan 27
    5, 5, 3, 9, 4

Wednesday Jan 28
    4, 8, 7, 5, 5

Thursday Jan 29
    4, 4, 6, 4, 4,

Friday Jan 30
    5, 2, 6, 4

Saturday Jan 31
    5, 8, 3, 4, 8

@mvnla2, Got a bunch of regular acquisitions again… :
    That’s everything since my last post and all normal offerings, no LC involved.

I have worked out all my averages again and the interesting thing is that spending LC’s on re-rolls gives 1 more snoutling offering than just the normal offerings.

I have recorded 75 regular offerings with an average amount of 5,09333 snoutling mastery offered.

I have recorded 150 LC re-rolled offerings with an average of 6,02 snoutling mastery offered.

This seems to suggest that spending LC’s on re-rolls gives you more mastery a lot faster than spending 75 LC, AND spending LC on re-rolls increases the odds for getting snoutling offerings.

If you have many snoutlings and limited LC’s but you want to spend these on mastery, this is the way to do it.

I will keep on recording until my birds are all at rank 10 (right now there are four at 10, two at 8 and the rest at 9)

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@larry I’ve recorded 71 visits, and my average is 6.28. I’ve also been following the trend of my average over time, and it seems to be setting in right around that point. The last time my average shifted by more than 0.1 was back on visit 41, when I got 13 upgrades and it increased from 6.35 to 6.51. Overall, it’s been looking extremely stable for the past 30 or so visits.

dojo_average_over_time.png

The visits where I gained a rank 10 are marked in red, although they don’t seem to have had any clear effect on my average.

Snarky
    @snarky

I have used the method of spending LCs to buy dojo refreshes, whilst farming snoutlings at SRC using whichever trio of birds were closest to a level-up. It has taken a while, however the more birds you get to level 10, the fewer birds the dojo has to nominate for snoutling upgrades – so the acceleration using this process towards the end becomes exponential.
    I can’t get into stat keeping to help your thread, however can report when I got to the final bird needing the level-up to 10, the dojo just didn’t stop giving out (i.e. need refreshing). I would have had at least 25 consecutive “offerings” without having to use a LC reset – good fun!
    Trouble is, once all birds are 41/10s, there aren’t any goals left – Rovio really need to bring on an update!!

@dr_ishmael, Can you confirm that:
    All those records are all normal offerings and no LC re-rolls at all?
    They are only your records and no other people’s rolls?

Btw, your graph shows nothing below 5. Does that mean that you never had less than 5 offerings from the dojo? Just figuring out how I can compare & integrate with my data set…

@mvnla2
    , do you already have dr_ishmael’s data in your data as well?

Would you be helped with my excel sheet for the overview?

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@larry Yes to both.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@larry @Dr_Ishmael — I have some of Dr Ishmael’s earlier data, but not the more recent.
    BTW — The reason there are no data points in his plot below 5 is because each point is a cumulative average, so getting a 1 or 0 just causes an increasingly smaller dip.
    What is on your Excel spreadsheet? I have one also, but not in a format ready to post here or in main post.
    I really need to incorporate all the data people have been kind enough to post recently. I’ve been waylaid by the Space Mirror Update.

@laxietoo
    Thanks for the data update.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@mvnla2 I record the data in a very raw format, tracking exactly which class/bird was offered, and in what order. It goes through multiple steps of aggregation, including a pivot table, before I can get any useful info. So it’s not really in a postable format either, which is why I’ve only been reporting point-in-time averages.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

Just wanted to send a THANK YOU out to:

@KerrAvon

and

@MVNLA2

for their heads-up in regards to mastery locations and where to rack up snoutlings. For the last 5 weeks I have been playing Cobalt Pig Castle non-stop (auto-play works with just about any combination of birds) and now have all 21 head gears at level 10 mastery. Didn’t use any completely unattended automation because I couldn’t get a version of Epic working in any emulator on my Mac…

Last few went headgears fast due to there being fewer to cycle through at the dojo. In fact, the last one I had kept showing up over and over this morning and I was able to buy 500 mastery about 15 times to finish it off — that was nice.

So, now I have everything at level 10, have about 47,000 snoutlings, and am heading over to Star Reef Castle to auto-play for even more snoutlings. Just my own experience with SRC so far, but I am using Avenger, Berserker, and Spies for that — just lay out massive damage, and Bomb has the Golden Gun and Bullet to pull even a few more snoutlings. That crew seems to mow through the waves pretty quickly, though I could see Wizard or Arch Mage being useful to replace Bomb… Takes about 4 minutes per time through for me, meaning about 15 cycles per hour. That means 1500 from the boss drop alone, plus whatever other changes I get from other kills, rogues, and Bomb’s Golden Gun ability (doesn’t seem to fire that much, does it?)…

Here’s hoping Rovio gets an update out with more Caves and a version that once again runs on my ASUS tablet (been grinding on my iPhone 4 and its relatively tiny screen, ugh).

Thanks, community! Level 10 mastery rocks!

Thanks,
    sutekh137

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@sutekh137 You are more than welcome. I know of 2 combinations that complete SRC quickly. I am sure it will depend on your device (iPhone 4) but these take 3 min for me (iPad air).

Spies, Wizard, Captain. You want to arm Wizard and Captain with weapons that have the hocus pocus ability.

Wizard, Bard, Tricksters. Again arm Wizard with a hocus pocus weapon. Arm Bard with Sweet set if you have it and Tricksters with BEEP set.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@KerrAvon

Questions:
    — Why Captain over Berserker? Maybe it is because I have the Golden Chili, but Berserker hits harder on average…
    — Why Captain and not something Red? I’d rather throw Paladin or Samurai out there, and Paladin appears to only hit (he doesn’t waste time shielding as far as I can see…).
    — Wizard I totally get. Holy Damage. Arch Mage isn’t bad either, especially with Spies. That’s a lot of spread-fire.
    — Why Tricksters? Because otherwise Spies wastes time on Glee?
    — I don’t have Bard, so I don’t know much about that.

Note that where I am coming from has nothing to do with needing to heal. With level 10 mastery on everything, there is no way Red, Bomb, or Blues are going to die. I suppose Chuck might have some issues, so I see why you would want Hocus Pocus there.

I think I am going to try Paladin, Wizard and Spies…

Thanks for the further guidance! I appreciate it! I’ll never farm anything except CPC and SRC again! No need for resources when you can ear snoutlings like this…

Thanks,
    sutekh137

EDIT: Paladin, Wizard, Spies (all mastery 10) runs me about 3 min 40 s, and that is including the wheel spin, reload, and one of the longer ads (7 second wait time). Chuck had no problem staying alive with Hocus Pocus and Paladin helping out…

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@sutekh137 Captain and Tricksters are there to dispel the Buff that WizPig uses to increases his damage. But if you can beat WizPig before he gets off his attack, then this is not an issue.

Mage or Archmage work just as well as Wizard. The most important ability of Chuck is his speed of light rage attack, because of the high damage it can inflict. So you want to include one of Chuck’s classes to get you through quicker.

Oh, and just get Bard. In my opinion it’s the best of Matilda’s classes. Although her other classes are better in some situations.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Wizard with Twin Lighning, Spies with BEEP and Captain with Sugar Rush or any set items for Bomb takes me 3 min. 2 min 40 sec if I don’t count watching the video and load time. All set items are level 41.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@KerrAvon,

Paladin/Wizard/Spies beats Wiz Pig with no problem. Spies does waste time on Glee, though. Paladin heals everyone plenty, and even with the buff, WizPig can’t kill anyone.

I will have to check out Bard. That is the cheaper one, right? A few weeks of saving up Golden Pig LC could get it for me? The other ones are way too pricy.

EDIT: Hm, in checking out Bard at the vendor, I am not seeing much value there. What I like about Princess is the massive heal AND cleanse. It’s essential in Caves where I run with Paladin and Princess and then Porky or or Pigiana (I don’t use friend’s birds, as I have no friends defined). I think Princess also hits harder, and I like that she funnels attacks to Red, as he can definitely handle things. The cleanse is important because there are no potions that do it. So, for example, those dang ice pigs that do the full health drain are REALLY hard to deal with if you don’t have an immediate cleanse. Of course, if you can run with another cleanser as your third pig, then I could see how Bard provides a nice balanced offense/defense in terms of healing.

@KillerKea

I need to try this on an iPad, because I just think my iPhone mush be slower. Because I am not seeing how Bomb would be any faster than Red — Paladin wastes no time on defense, he keeps hitting. Chucks Rage power is better though, for damage (and healing, if you are using Paladin…). I do have BEEP on Blues, and the gear on Red (A Dragon shield and that Tower sword) are level 41.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@sutekh137 I think more than likely the slower times you experience will be due to having to use your old iphone. Maybe it’s time to invest in an iPad, since you appear to be Apple friendly.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@KerrAvon

Oh, we’ve got an iPad — my wife uses it, so it’s basically hers. I invest in Android — ASUS Memopad 7 for $125, less than half the price of an iPad Mini. *smile*

Too bad Rovio appears to be writing Intel chipsets out of the loop (first EPic, now Space — they no longer run). I’ve submitted bugs and they say they are working on it, but I’m not holding my breath.

Since I am basically “finished” with Epic now, I don’t mind if I end up no longer being able to play it. Not much else to do in it.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@sutekh137 Bard hits harder than Princess. And if you arm her with the Nightmare set, she is very good at stunning. I have always found the Princess just a pain to use. You have to check at all your birds before you attack – just in case.

I think you use Princess the same way that killerkea used her in the caves. But I generally used Paladin with Bard and between them they did enough healing. And you always have Matilda’s medicine. I also remember those Ice Shaman’s in the caves. I can’t remember how I dealt with them.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Dr_Ishmael — Right now, my average is 5.75 over 118 visits, although it has been higher than 6. The linear slope is slightly positive, but not by much.
    It looks like you’ve only averaged over 70 or so visits? How many classes, and which, are rank 10? I’ve been wondering if the Dojo offers depend on how many rank 10 classes you have for each bird.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@mvnla2 I’m up to 88 visits now, average is at 6.33. It’s been up and down a bit since I posted the graph, but not by very much.

I haven’t gained any new rank 10s since the last time I noted them: Samurai, Wizard, Pirate, Captn, Tricksters. The most recent one was on visit 47, so I’ve gone 40 visits with no rank 10s, and my average over that time has only varied between 6.25 – 6.5. However, you can see from my graph that it was already settling into that range before the third red dot, so I still don’t think the rank 10s made any significant impact.

@mvnla2, I just got all my birds to rank 10. I had all these lucky coins to throw at it and I spent only a few to get everything to 10. Therefore I have accumulated my last stats.

Here is the final summary for the dojo:
    Normal Dojo visits
    Total runs 104
    Total offerings 559
    Average offering 5,38
    Total XP gained 279500
    Total Snoutlings spent 40248

LC Reroll offerings
    Total runs 300
    Total offerings 1815
    Average offering 6,05
    Total XP gained 907500
    Total Snoutlings spent 130680
    Total LC spent 1500

Combined summary
    Total runs 404
    Total offerings 2374
    Average offering 5,88
    Total XP gained 1187000
    Total Snoutlings spent 170928

The difference between LC re-roll offerings and normal offerings is about 0,7. Although not much, it does seem to be consistent throughout all recorded data. I simply get more offerings when re-rolling the dojo for lucky coins.

Another interesting thing is that I did not get a significant increase or decrease of snoutling offerings towards the end. The pool might get smaller, but the number of snoutling offers does not really change until there is only one class left to upgrade.

@mvnla2
    , I’ll send you my sheet through fb, so you can combine it with your other data. Otherwise, I’d be happy to do it the other way around and combine your data with mine… Not sure what your efforts are concentrated on these days.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I’ve been keeping track of the mastery available in the Dojo, and how frequently each bird is offered an upgrade for LC.
    [Edit]: Over 85 trips to the Dojo, the average number of upgrades offered for snoutings is 5.95. (Realized I made a mistake with the number of trips.)
    The upgrades for LC has varied all over, the only constants are that all is offered ~31%, and red is offered less than any other bird. Originally the blues were the most frequently offered, but now it’s Matilda. I have 2 rank 10 classes for all my birds except bomb, for which I have 3.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@mvnla2 I have All at 29.75% of the LC offerings, very close to your 31%, after 93 visits. Matilda is my least-offered bird right now, with Bomb on top. Historically Red and Matilda have usually been the bottom two, with Bomb and Blues sharing the lead and Chuck stuck in the middle.

LC offerings at dojo -- 93 visits

All      83  29.75%
    Bomb     46  16.49%
    Blues    45  16.13%
    Chuck    40  14.34%
    Red      33  11.83%
    Matilda  32  11.47%

I only have one rank 10 class for Red, Chuck, and Blues, and two rank 10s for Bomb.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 401 through 425 (of 2,264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.