How to win in the Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum How to win in the Arena

• i thought it would be a good idea to start a thread about playing the arena, specifically how to WIN once you’re there.  I’ve lost track of how many weeks in a row I’ve placed #1 in Legendary League and I don’t do it by wasting shitloads of spells or hemorrhaging gems for more birds.

My top #1 tip would be don’t be intimidated by your opponent. You’re being matched with another player on par with yourself  SCORE wise. If the opponent you face has 35 more fp and a couple of spells don’t panic, that’s just their handicap.  They need that extra just to match your average. Many players get scared and think they need one spell to cover the extra fp, two more spells to match and then one more for the win and go in with 4 spells only to lose anyway.      In this scenario I would take only one spell in with me.  The more you take the harder it’s gonna be to win. Take too much and you’ll find that your birds get throttled back.

You never want to match your opponent in spells. Never! If you face someone with 50 more fp, and an extra bird and all five spells your gut reaction may be to take all five spells as well. But if you do you’re probably going to lose.  In this scenario I would take only three spells into battle and usually win or at least get close enough that the free video bird will get the win.

on the flip side if your opponent is 17 fp under you and has no spells you’ll want to take one spell in with you because they’re likely your superior in ability.

I’m no expert on Angry Birds, just have played a lot of arena battles and analyzed the various outcomes.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
    @nas76

We all get easy match ups and the further you go into the streak the harder it will be. The number of spells isn’t their weakness, it’s how many they wanted to add to guarantee victory.

One thing that you can look at which may give an indication of how good the opponent is, is by comparing their frame to yours. Obviously in the first few days of a MEBC season this may be difficult, but otherwise an opponent with a white frame is likely to get a lower score than an opponent with an emerald frame with the same FP

Buster
    @doulgas

@nas76, Agreed. I rarely lose arena matches when I overpower the opponent with spells, regardless of our relative firepower. Extra birds are inherently more valuable than a lower number of higher-power birds.

One thing I don’t understand from your post is the relationship between the frame color and the MEBC. I play MEBC every day and I haven’t noticed a connection.

@nas76

Someone who is not a great player will not score a great score for their flock power in MEBC, as the season progresses people with similar FP will achieve later frames faster than a poor player would.  Therefore if towards the end of the season you have a battle against a player who has the same FP as you but they are a few frames behind then you can be assured that they are not necessarily a great scorer period.

That said, someone with a higher frame may have a nightmare and score badly or a lower frame play may have a good run or a bit of luck.

All I was hinting at is that if the frame of the opponent is inferior to yours by more than one then it’s likely that their scoring ability may be inferior to yours too.

Flinx
    @flinx

I’ll keep banking my 1,000 pearls and 1,000 gems every Saturday night, all the while paying zero attention to picture frames.  I’d suggest trying my advice before crapping on my achievements as being the result of easy match ups.

BBBirdin
    @bevangel

My game keeps freezing at the title screen? Anyone have similar issues or a solution? I know it’s unrelated but it seems impossible to contact Rovio for help.

@nas76

Where did I crap on your ‘achievements’? All I said was that sometimes you get easier match ups than other times and the frame of your opponent *may* give you an indication of how skilled they are.

garethw
    @garethw

One observation don’t EVER pay gems to continue to a win unless the prize is really worth it, b3cause the game will invariably go into ultra- hard mode to grab more gems off you.

This ultra hard mode even persists if you end the streak and go back to the beginning.

The next four of fives times even at Level 1 you will always end up just short, I once took all five spells at Level 1 just to see what happened in this situation – guess what just short again – against an opponent with less FP. and one spell.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum How to win in the Arena

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.