Gathering snoutlings in AB EPIC?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Gathering snoutlings in AB EPIC?

Viewing 25 replies - 351 through 375 (of 396 total)
  • Replies
  • KillerKea
    @killerkea

@kerravon @mvnla2 Yes, that is news to me. I think MVNLA2 might have me confused with someone else. I appreciate the nomination, but I stopped farming for snoutlings several months before most of you and didn’t pay too much attention to that thread since you don’t need to farm once all your birds reach rank 10. It will be nice to get the Stone Guardian so I will have something to spend my snoutlings on.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@KerrAvon @KillerKea — Gaah! OK, my whole body, including my brain is pretty tired after golf. (Not to mention your names both start with K.) I hope it is KerrAvon who sent me a draft (which I haven’t read yet, but will).
    BTW — BirdLeader is willing to make it a sticky thread. I will tell him we are working on the main post.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

I was celebrating Easter weekend. I see @Kerravon has accepted the job. I guess I’m off the hook. I’m not very experienced in making guides anyway. But, if it comes down to needing me to do it, I can give it a shot.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@birdleader and the ABN. The opening post for this thread has been updated to reflect and summarise the information contained within the posts. This information is likely to be more useful to newer players, but I hope will also be of help to more advanced players who are still trying to develop their bird team. I will update the post from time to time with new developments. My thanks to @mvnla2 for advice on the content and format of the opening post.

HarleyM
    @harleym

@kerravon Is it still possible to restart the battle before the snoutlings drop? I attempted resetting shortly after feeding the rage chili to bomb in wave 1 CPC but it appeared as though I didn’t receive any snoutlings over enough attempts to reasonably eliminate the possibility of simply not having drops.

Additionally, I would recommend eliminating or consolidating at the end out of date information for the sake of readability and ease of understanding.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@harleym I recently tried the restarting method. The snoutlings don’t appear to accumulate on the screen while you are replaying the battle. However, they do get added to your snoutling total after you close out of the battle. But I will confirm this again since we have had a recent update.

I have acknowledged some of the obsolete methods in the updated post, but there are more. I will consider including these when I update the post again.

Anonymous

@kerravon VERY nice guide! I read the whole thing and this will definitely be helpful to the community.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@KerrAvon — Fantastic! and Congrats! Very well done.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@kerravon Great job!

One thing that I never mentioned because there were always better farming methods at the time was that it seemed like the wealthy rogue appeared more often in waves that have a lot of rogues. I never bothered to test that theory, but others might want to test that if they aren’t strong enough to farm SRC.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

Thanks everyone for the positive responses.

@killerkea
    Thanks for your observation. I have done a lot of farming for ingredients, but I haven’t noticed any locations where the Wealthy Rogue shows up more often. But my farming was mostly limited to locations that provide the ingredients I was after. Others are welcome to have a look around for locations where the Wealthy Rogue might turn up. Until someone clearly demonstrates a benefit for a particular location, I will leave it as is.

Mimi27
    @mimi27

Very nice job, @kerravon. I found new information for myself after reading it–I had previously read about repeating battles over and over without collecting the rewards, but it was nice to see clear instructions on accomplishing this. It was also good to read about the places that are no longer as useful for farming.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Bump. This should be on page 1.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Let’s keep this on p. 1 for a while.

Dimitris Georgalakis
    @dimitris-georgalakis

Do you consider finding a way to replay a match, enable autoplay and spin the wheel for the loot and pretty much what you want to do, as cheating? It’s 3rd party software, manipulated to do what you want within a spectrum of course and the length you are willing to go. The ethical silver lining is in my opinion that you use something you made up and not a hack messing with the games code, or something that you just found online.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Huh? Autoplay is not cheating – that’s what it’s for.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I’m doing my loot/snoutling farming WITHOUT third-party software and I don’t really feel bad about it because everyone else can do it without third-party software, too. Once you get to the end-game (Level 50, mastery ranks at 8 and above, and decent weapons or even good set items), it becomes possible to go to Star Reef Castle (SRC), hit autoplay when the battle starts, and watch the birds clear the level on their own. You can do that again and again for ~125-130 snoutlings per run (Wizpig gives 100 of these) – completely legally.
    Before that, starting at ~mastery rank 6 you can play SRC yourself for the snoutlings and the loot. You need a higher rank for auto-play because auto-play can act really stupidly.

I’m against cheats and third-party software in general. They make the game a lot easier… but they kill the fun. I’ve seen cheats for infinite LC’s, all levels unlocked, and all birds unlocked… Really, don’t do it. You’re just ruining your own game experience if you use these cheats, and others’ game experiences as well if you decide to use these cheats in the Arena.

EDIT: Agh! You jinxed me @graugeist. :P

$miglo
    @smiglo

Snoutlings farming doesn’t work anymore in recent version… Playing Star Reef Castle (or any Castle) gives you ~20 snoutlings.
    Anybody knows how to collect snoutlings by playing? (no third party software, no cheating)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@smiglo
    Yep. Star Reef Castle and Desert Pig Castle used to give you 100 Snoutlings when defeating the boss. But according to Rovio, it was never meant to be like this so basically we’ve all been using this glitch, lol.
    They fixed it sometime between v1.4.6 and v1.4.7, so basically, this information in this topic is obsolete now.

If you already advanced into the Chronicle Caves, then you can use Cave 1-5, 4-5 or 13-5 to quickly accumulate Snoutlings (around 50-70 per battle). (it would be ideal to have a Facebook account connected to the game, but it’s not a must.)
    If you didn’t make it into the Chronicle Caves yet (or are too weak to complete the levels on auto-play), try Moorlands-2, or use Star Reef Castle.

$miglo
    @smiglo

Thanks RedYoshi, I found this topic in the meantime. All X-5 cave levels are OK :)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@smiglo
    I actually prefer 1-5, 4-5, 11-4, 13-5 and 17-5 over the other X-5 levels. Reason is that these levels spawn Brutes, which give the most Snoutlings of all enemies (apart from boss pigs), and which will also drop nice amounts of Mastery.

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

@smwforever45

Hey Yoshi! Do caves 13-5 and 17-5 yield more mastery than 11-4 to your knowledge?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@pixelyzed
    Generally, the pigs in 11-4 and 13-5 yield equal Mastery. The difference comes from the fact that 11-4 has only 7 waves while 13-5 has 10 waves.
    17-5 gives just as much Mastery as 13-5.

angryde
    @angryde

@pixelyzed I believe that Yosh @smwforever45 determined that 13-5 yields 210 mastery per bird per run. Whereas 11-4 yields between 120-150 per bird per run. However, I believe he – and others – also determined that 11-4 yields more mastery per minute.

Edit. Snap, Yosh!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@angryde
    I think you put it better than me. :P
    11-4 gives a bit less Mastery per run but a bit more Mastery per minute. But if it’s about defeated pigs, they both give the same amount.

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

@smwforever45 @angryde

Cool thanks! :) Per minute is what matters to me.

On another note, I FINALLY got the 3 stars Time Jump emblem yesterday and used it in the arena today. Already helped me win a close battle to finish my last (and 3000 points) objective. It doesn’t seem to proc as often as Resurrection which I had been relying on for a long time now.

Still waiting on the attack half of Chuck’s Reset though ;)

Out of curiosity, what emblems do you guys use most? Do you use mostly just one or switch depending on enemies pigs and banner?

I have :

Resurrection
    Spiky Spike
    Thorn Wall
    Drain Life
    Crest of Resistance
    Shroud
    and Chrono Crest (Time Jump)

All Level 61, 3 stars and fully boosted/enchanted

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Gathering snoutlings in AB EPIC?

Viewing 25 replies - 351 through 375 (of 396 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.