Good Block, Evil BLock – New Event!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Good Block, Evil BLock – New Event!

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 91 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

I’ve gotta say, I’m actually enjoying this event quite a bit! The colorblindness isn’t so much of an issue. The “evil” blocks are way darker then either of the other two, so they’re easy enough to avoid. I can’t tell the ice and wood blocks apart from each other, so I’m probably risking hitting stone blocks more often than I otherwise would, but I’m scoring enough that I don’t really care.

On day 1, I spent 10, 20, 40, 60 gems to reach the 50,000 block plateau, and finished 5th. (My Energon Grimlock was only promoted up to 55% bonus going into the event, and up to 75% now.)

So far on Day 2, I’ve spent 10 and 20 gems, am close to 50,000, and in 3rd. Shooting the TNT blocks seems to destroy the stone blocks rarely enough that I’m not really hesitating to blow them up at this point. I’ve mostly had success timing my destruction of WMTs without losing points as well. And I was THISCLOSE to taking out Unicron this morning! Hopefully next time.

Phillips
    @phillips

Well that wasn’t fun at all. Just battled Unicron as Energon Grimlock on Cobalt Valley with a stack of falling monoliths. Hard enough to defeat Unicron as Energon Grimlock due to his speed but to then have Cobalt Valley where you can’t get a clear shot at him plus all the falling monoliths where you have to drive buy or die I was no chance.

@phillips Yeah, Unicron runs in Cobalt Valley are terrible. Now maybe it’s just my skills with him and/or my reflexes (or even the frequent freeze-ups of the game) that have allowed me to compensate, but Energon Grimlock’s speed doesn’t bother me (unless I need him to transform and shoot at something at the same time). If possible, try practicing on the regular map node runs with Energon Grimlock until you are (maybe) able to compensate for his speed.

That’s something Rovio/Exient needs to put in the game, a training simulator feature/structure so that players can improve their gameplay skills with their Transformers (and maybe even their Transformers’ skills as well).

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

I’ve encountered unicron, and couldn’t kill him for a fraction of second. That was in Cobalt valley.

Asen_77
    @asen

Today I also have Unicron and defeat him at the end of the level and take around 2500 before bonus. This helps me for :)

IMG_0498.jpg

Phillips
    @phillips

@jimmy-necessary the speed isn’t a major issue unless you have falling monoliths so need to transform or Cobalt. So it was just a crappy run where I got both.

@phillips I know you mean when it comes to too many obstacles in any of the runs, especially when the pigs can shoot through some of the obstacles, but your Transformer can’t shoot through those same obstacles. It almost seems like the game throws too many obstacles at us on purpose.

My chances of unlocking Scorponok with this event are looking good. I ended my first four runs of Day 3 with just a little bit less than 5000 tokens. Hopefully, by the end of this event, I will be able to earn enough tokens to get the sparks and an instant upgrade to level 12 for Energon Grimlock, too, preferably with no gem spending. I want to upgrade Energon Grimlock, but I don’t want to wait nearly two days for him to upgrade slowly when I need him to be available for special events.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

This event is one of the most rewarding I’ve seen in ages. I could already overpower EGL and I think I can overpower him again AND get the missing accessories.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@ramonpontes Go for it. Overpowering Energon Grimock makes him a deadly force.

Anonymous

@datguygamer

i’m surprised to hear that overpowering EGrimlock makes him unstoppable, when his first overpower level is only +2%, and others have said they’ve noticed only negligible/incremental differences with overpowering other bots, even those with huge % increases. Would you argue that it’s best to ignore the %s, and simply focus on overpowering the bots you use the most?

pandaczar12
    @pandaczar12

This event is by far the worst they’ve had.  I’ve never felt so unmotivated to play. Thankfully it will be easy to get all the sparks and stop playing.

Joel
    @joel687

I can confirm that you can’t go below 0. I tried with UM, destroying everything in the level. I finished with 0

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

I don’t really understand why this event is the worst.

The only negative thing I can think is that we must leave our standard way of playing (mindlessly destroying every block and enemies along the way), and carefully play the entire stage with some strategy and skills.

About the positive things:

1 – The bonus bot (EGL) is very effective in this event. They could choose a much weaker bot, or even an useless one for this event.

2 – They lowered the thresholds. With grimlock full promoted I could achieve the full bonus tokens on the three previous days, using only 1 or 2 recharges. On previous events, I hardly reached the 250 tokens thresholds, even if I had the right bot promoted.

3 – Green blocks are much weaker than Red Blocks. If you blow up a structure, it is more likely that you get positive scores, instead of zero.

We may keep complaining, but this event is much better than the previous ones IMO. Just think if the old formula is better: Low scoring, unreachable thresholds, low token rewards, and overpriced bots for the reward that is given to us on the event.

I was very pissed some time ago about those events, but I must recognize when they make something good. If every attempt of making something different is criticized, we really must skip this game.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

People are inherently resistant to change.

We’re used to a certain way of doing things and it takes time to adapt, some more quickly than others.

If we had six more months of this green/red block, and then switched back to not having it, people would complain then as well.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

So, other than @datguygamer has anyone else overpowered EGL, and how do they find his performance at L16+?

It’s too late for me, I stopped playing after Day 2, but I’m kind of curious if there’s actually any meaning to the overpower percentages they show on the character screens.

Asen_77
    @asen

I am already grab one accessorie for EGL. Also grab bigger spark container. With 2-3 reloads at all days I get to last possible points to get, and after accessorie and sparks at this moment zi have 7500 tokens. Tonight I am going to overpower EGL and have to collect other sparks and Scorponok accessories. I am sure I will grab all. Definitely you need to get used with this type event and with new scoring reaching full 2500 tokens from play is possible. I grab them three times and twise finished first and one time third.

Just as info current version on iOS is 1.29.10.7

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig @poptimus Initially he sucks at that measly +2% increase but later levels make up for it. At max, EGL one shots a WMT (yeeaaaahhhh :/) and his beam becomes larger. Trouble is, he is bad in this event due to the red block gimmick as his beam destroys anything due to the large arc and anyone will have trouble actually focusing it. Also a direct hit from a falling monolith does nothing to him at max. That percentage is still nonsensical though IMHO.

@asen
    Good job mate.

@ramonpontes
    Personally I don’t hate this event. It’s “okay-ish” for me.

@joel687
    I already said earlier that you cannot go beyond 0. You actually wasted one of your runs to test that? Wow.

eugene
    @eugene-alex

Over on Angry Birds Transformers Daily Players we have had several players reporting the competition runs are “slow motion”

I am experiencing this issue. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

Ultramaxprime
    @cheeto

It’s all out discrimination against the color blind, thoughtless and just plain mean to over look those of us with this handy cap.  How dare they create a event that to you did not want us to play.  Thanks for nothing.

pandaczar12
    @pandaczar12

Change for the sake of change isn’t a good thing. I see this as no different than endlessly tinkering with the bots. If it ain’t broke…

Asen_77
    @asen

@datguygamer I would say that actually EGL is pretty good at this event. I am willing to hit even small green blocks with him, without defeating red once. You just need to calculate what is worth to be hit. If you are not at pig city and you popup TNT, most of red’s are standing. Pig city is bag, because once you pop,them, they just fell down into the gap and they takes your point even when you are away of them. Definitely pig city are with bad points. With EGL points that could be get from Boss Pig are maximum 900. Unicron is pretty hard to be killed, because of all falling monolith and need to be in the vehicle mode. I succeeded only once, other times just reach 4/5 of his blood and get around 1500 points before bonus. This type event with this pointing system is looking good, and it’s something new and interesting, so I could say – not so bad at all.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@datguygamer

Thanks.  Sounds interesting, but unfortunately I’m not in a position to max out any Overpowers.

What’s the total tokens required to go from L15 to L25?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

131,000 tokens / 65,500 gems to max out at L25.

Nope, that’s not happening.  Ever.

LOL

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig At once, it’s impossible to collect that many tokens. They basically want you to get one overpower level per event (which I think is possible) if you only use tokens and leave sparks in the process.

@asen
    Normal EGL can. Max overpower EGL (which is what I have) is impossible to control lol.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Good Block, Evil BLock – New Event!

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.