Good Block, Evil BLock – New Event!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Good Block, Evil BLock – New Event!

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 91 total)
  • Replies
  • sheepybach
    @paul13

@moifirst

Phew I thought I was going nuts and hence I not post to ask but I see the very same thing the tokens needed have been reduced. Sorry better get on the phone and stop the men in white coats coming to take me away ha ha. I feel a little better that its not me but it still does not make up for this huge farce of an event.

moi
    @moifirst

@paul13 See the added edit in my previous post.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@moifirst

Geeezzzz they have listened lol Pity they not drop the red blocks down to 1 point lol

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

Definitely got a soft update that changed the point scoring and also adjusted scores to match the new points table…. congratulations to Rovio/Exient for actually making a change mid event and not stuffing something else up ( fingers crossed of course)

Uniblab
    @uniblab

Apparently we are on the hook for (the massive) damage done by WMTs to red blocks. Even my level 17, fully-loaded E. Grimlock can’t kill a WMT in the tiny space between towers without destroying many red blocks in the process. What a Catch-22.

Luis C.
    @luis-carlo-arocha

Pros:

– Something new, never done before

– Blow everything up, leave no stone standing approach is useless

Cons:

– Some scenarios have 9-1 red block/green block ratio which means that no matter how good you are your scoring will be a piece of croc

– You cant risk destroying a WMT or PB, they will blow everything up when they go off after being killed

– TNT crates are a big no no

– Waste too much time timing your shots to get it to pass between two red block towers trying to hit a small green block on the deep end will probably get you killed or at least badly hurt.

– Falling monoliths will hit red blocks and penalize you

addicted1
    @addicted1

I think Rovio deserves points for trying something new but they need to do some dinkering. some of the green blocks are so small that unless you are playing on a 22″ screen you dare not touch them. I think they should not penilize us for the falling towers and for the event they should shut off the explosive force of walking tower. I think the points could be adjusted too for the good blocks and bad block. Some say the good should be 20 and the bad 1 but then everybody will go back to the same old destroy everything but on several runs the bad blocks way out number the green. Maybe it would be best you only get the negative from the red blocks if you actually target and destroy them with you TF. Otherwise say in the city if the red blocks fall off the pedistals into a pit then you would probably be getting dock.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’m glad I only need enough tokens for the sparks.  I think I’d kill myself if I had to do this for six days straight.

Luis C.
    @luis-carlo-arocha

Just had my first Unicron appearance… in the dessert…!!!(I hadn’t seen so many red blocks together)  and guess how many red blocks got destroyed as my EGL power rays tracked its target? Also, I got heavily pounded by 3 or 4 WMTs that are now untochable.

Clearly Rovio/Excient didnt think this event quite through >:(

sheepybach
    @paul13

That’s me done folks fed up of getting 0 on most of the runs. Had 7 out of 12 runs. Waste of time trying to play

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@luis-carlo-arocha

I shudder to think how many red blocks also got destroyed by Unicron’s flaming boogers.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

From my experience, explosions (WMT and TNT) do not blow up stone blocks (red) immediately, only the really close ones. Wood blocks and glass blocks (green) are destroyed depending on the proximity.

If there is a mix of blocks, I use the TNT crates to blow them up. It usually destroy most of the weak blocks, but the red (stone) blocks remains. I don’t hesitate to destroy WMTs, unless they are behind too many red blocks. If there is a mix of blocks, and I have a clear shot, I try to destroy them.

Also, shooting the base of the structures to make them collapse, usually destroys the most fragile blocks (green) and keeps the hard ones (Red) intact.

I’m doing that (with E-Grimlock) and I’m doing fine. I’ve already reached the threshold of 1.000 tokens, and I’m going to try for the Overpower AND missing accessories.

Oh, and Unicron appeared once for me. I Couldn’t kill it (E-Grimlock is not slow enough), but I was able to reach a good score (1500 pre bonus)

If they change the rules tomorrow – Red being the good blocks and Green being the bad ones – It will be a totally different strategy. Let’s wait and see.

This is event is ridiculous. After a Unicron run in the desert (which I walked with over 1200 pre-bonus points), I get a Pig City run with almost nothing but red blocks, and I end up getting only 30 pre-bonus points. The last time I had a Pig City run in this event, I had gotten a much better score. Rovio/Exient should have made it that only the red blocks that our Transformers destroy directly cost us points because it very unfair to have red blocks cost points if our bots are not the ones destroying those blocks.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’m just bailing out as soon as I start a Pig City run.  No point in wasting my time.

Phillips
    @phillips

This event would be better if it was different coloured piggies rather than different coloured block. As everyone can agree getting a Pig City run is a waste of a run and with piggies destroying blocks trying to shoot you even if you are perfectly accurate you will still lose points because of them.

Maybe if the negative wasn’t equal to the positive it wouldn’t be so bad for instance +15 for green and retain -5 for red just so they don’t cancel each other out.

Luis C.
    @luis-carlo-arocha

15 for green and 10 for red would still be a fair deal.

pandaczar12
    @pandaczar12

So is the wheelie accessory for emerging grimlock new? I swear I never saw it as an option before this event. I also swear it was 750 gems this morning, and is now 950.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

I am quite enjoying this event. I agree that Pig City nodes yield almost nothing, however, other nodes make up for it. I have been using @ramonpontes strategy since the beginning. I did start about 3 hours after event commenced but with one hour to go, after 2 recharges (30 gems) I am currently third with one run to go which will get me past 75,000 which gives me 500 tokens for a total of 1750 before getting the prize and don’t think 4th can make up 25,000 points in the time, if so good luck to him/her

Tobyjug
    @tobyjug

Sharp shooting all the pigs on top of red structures and any other pigs available helps to top up the score.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

@pandaczar12 No, it has been there since the beginning of the game. This is just the first time it has ever been offered in an event.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Just managed to hang onto 3rd place on Day 1, with 66K points.

Had one Unicron run, for 1,435 points before bonus.  Only managed to take him down 4/5 before Astrotrain arrived.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Day 2 target is TNT crates.

Green / Red blocks are still in effect.

This is going to be interesting.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

@sntrooper
    So that explain why I didn’t get this accessory before. I should get it now.

I could reach 100k points with 3 recharges, which granted me 1st place & 2700 tokens (including those from daily challenge). Very good for one day. I only must keep tracking the amount of gems I’m spending. I cannot replenish in the same speed.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Got the sparks.  I’m done.

Have fun, everyone.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

2nd day is gonna be a pain..

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Good Block, Evil BLock – New Event!

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.