Golden Pig Machine

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Golden Pig Machine

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 344 total)
  • Replies
  • Nytmair
    @nytmair

@graugeist Nice! I was also very lucky today. I got 5/14 set items! (1 item was a guarantee from full rainbow bar). I never get that lucky, as can be seen by my birds having barely any set items :P

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Thanks, I was kinda shocked to get that many set items.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Another update on “statistics” of the Golden Pig machine. All items obtained either from rolls on friends machines, or from watching ads. It’s a very slow process; however the numbers are settling down.

Conclusions:
    * Unless there are a lot more non-set items available from the GP machine than I have seen so far, the frequency of getting a set item is less than half what it would be for equal probability.
    * The strength of the non-set GP items is not keeping up with the increase in the maximum level of the birds.
    * Even a 3* GP item is unlikely to have higher strength than your most powerful set item, even if the set item is not at the level of your birds.
    * The most likely GP item has 2 stars and is pretty worthless if you are at level 41.

68 items total

#	Item	   %	Average
    6	set items  9    96   One was guaranteed from full GP bar	
    12	three*	   18  -40	
    23	two*	   34  -51	
    11	one*	   16  -49
    16	zero *	   23  -70	

The average is the average change in strength or health compared to the strongest set item I had at the time.
    I get one roll on a friends machine every 24 hours, and 1 roll from watching an ad every 48 hours. Since I don’t log in to collect at exactly the right time, these times have slipped by more than a day over the course of a month.
    Of 6 set items 5 were better than I currently had, and two of those 5 completed a set. One of the 6 was obtained when my GP bar was full, and thus was guaranteed to be a set item.
    If the one guaranteed set item is removed from the calculation, the frequency of set items drops to 7.5%
    3 of the 6 set items were obtained from watching an ad.
    Of 62 non-set items only 2 (3*) items were better than the best set item I had at the time.
    Thirty-nine of the 63 non-set items were different.

Anonymous

@mvnla2 Nice stats but I need to point something out. You said that you get a roll from an ad every 48 hours. Not the same for me. Every 24 hours I log into my Rovio Account and get 2 free rolls from watching videos. 1 for the normal and 1 for the arena GPM. At night when I’m done for the day I log out. Next day I log in and get another roll on each machine.

Anonymous

Although I did the time changing exploit back when you still could to get LCs and unlimited friends rolls and since they fixed it I haven’t gotten one of course. Maybe its like a balance.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@partshade You get free friend rolls every 24 hours of you have Facebook friends in Angry Birds Epic but only every 48 hours if you only have Piggy McCool. This is true for both the regular friends rolls and Arena friends roll.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@partshade — Very interesting. I don’t log out of the Rovio account every day. Will have to try to see if that gives me a free roll for watching an ad.

@angryjohnny
    — I have lots of FB friends playing Epic, so I get a free friends roll every day. I wish it were every day, and not every 24 hrs, since the 24 hrs requirement means I slip a little or a lot every day, depending on what else is going on.

Anonymous

@angryjohnny I’m talking about video rolls not friends rolls. Sorry if you were mistaken by my post.

Anonymous

@mvnla2 Actually a few updates back you could log out close the app and log back in to get as many as you want but ever since a few updates that’s been fixed. One update ago it happened every 48 hours to me but since the newest version came out now its one a day. But there has been a time I forgot to log out of my account at night and when I got back on during the day I DIDN’T have any video rolls. So you may want to log out at night when you know your done with the game until tomorrow.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@mvnla2 The way you’re judging the stats of the items is a fairly useless comparison. All items have fixed stats determined by their source, level, and star rating. As I’ve explained before in this thread, GPM items with 2* are equivalent to the 2* crafted version at the same level. (Stats on crafted items scale linearly by level at 0*, and each star adds 10% (round-to-even) of the 0* stat.)

A few days ago I finally realized how the star scaling works for GPM items – it modifies the level used to calculate the stat’s value, i.e. a 1* level 41 GPM item has the stat of a 2* level 40 crafted item, and a 3* level 41 GPM item has the stat of a 2* level 42 crafted item.

I haven’t fully solved the scaling of set items, but on average they are 26% more powerful than the 2* version at the same level, and 17% more powerful than the 3* crafted version.

So back to my point: If you keep rolling on the GPM at max level, eventually your birds will all be equipped with full max-level legendary sets, and all items you get from the GPM after that will have worse (or equivalent, if you get a set item) stats than your equipped items. Which means judging the stats of GPM items by comparing them against your equipped items doesn’t make any sense.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@dr_ishmael That’s not a very subtle way of expressing yourself – but as you have said before, you are a numbers man. But I have to agree with you. As you say, the actual values associated with each weapon / offhand item are what is important. If @mvnla2 has calculated the percentage changes, then she has these values. It’s probably worthwhile that she confirms her values correspond with those in the table you provided earlier in this thread on values for weapons and offhand items at level 41.

There is other useful data in here. All the percentages are good to know. If you take out the guaranteed set item from the calculations, the chance of getting a set item is 7.5%. Your data from rolls during the rainbow riot suggests a value of 17.6%, which is reasonably close after the x3 multiplier. I would also consider the figure @killerkea quotes of approx 11.5% during the rainbow riot. Your own data also suggests a skewering towards 2 and 3 star items during the rainbow riot, whereas mvnla’s data is more even.

I also have request for you @dr_ishmael, as I am sure you have quite a bit of the necessary data. In the Table on values for weapons and offhand items, the last column was for set items. I am missing quite a few at level 41 and have a few in the range of levels 30-41. But I have no idea what levels these are (except my level 41 items). Could you start to put together a table for the stats of set items for each bird (attack for weapons and health for offhand items), with data from the last 5 levels (37-41)? This could be similar to the 2 tables on weapons and offhand items you presented earlier. If you can get the tables started, the rest of us should be able to fill in the blanks. I hope this is not too much bother for you – but I am sure you would be able to make good use of the data.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@partshade — Thanks for the tip! Now getting an ad every day, I hope.

@dr_ishmael
    — Thanks for the compliment. : p
    I don’t think my data is as worthless as you do, but will take a while to answer your comments. My main objective was to figure out how often you get a set item.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@kerravon @mvnla2 To put it in more general terms, my point is that a qualitative comparison is less useful when, from a quantitative standpoint, the stats have predetermined values.

@kerravon
    I wouldn’t be able to provide any exact data on near-max set items, at least until I get around to leveling my alt account again (currently L34), but I can certainly make some predictions based on the L41 ratios I gave above.

@mvnla2
    I’m sorry I’m such a blunt person. I think I’ve complimented you for your drop rate data in the past, but if I haven’t – thanks for that. :) Your last post, however, seemed to be mostly focused on the comparative strength of the items, and I felt like I should point out how that doesn’t matter very much in order to save you spending any more time worrying about it.

Anonymous

@kerravon @dr_ishmael I have level 29 33 37 39 and 41 set items I could give you the stats on as soon as I get the chance. That could get the ball rolling. I know that I had a level 38 Dragontooth and then got a level 39 one. It had 10 more dmg points thsn the level 38 version. Soon as I get the numbers I can make a table.

Anonymous

@mvnla2 @dr_ishmael @kerravon Here is the guide. This is all the information I have.

Red: Damage

Level 29:204
    Level 39:264

Red: Health

Level 29:1030
    Level 33:1152
    Level 41:1394

Chuck: Damage

Level 29:296
    Level 37:364

Chuck: Health

Level 29:520

Matilda: Damage

Level 29:204

Matilda: Health

Level 29:795
    Level 41:1077

Bomb: Damage

Level 29:326

Bomb: Health

Level 29:826
    Level 41:1118

Blues: Damage

Level 29:326

Blues: Health

Level 29:652
    Level 41:864

I am @Partshade and I approve this guide.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@dr_ishmael I was thinking in terms of us doing some more data collection, which you could use in your calculations. I thought a complete set of data with the highest levels would be useful for you.

burbman
    @burbman

I never noted what level I was when I received items. Would it be of any help to provide Damage/Health on my set items?

burbman
    @burbman

Red
    D – 276, 252, 228, 204
    H – 1394, 1272

Yellow
    D – 400, 392, 332, 322, 296, 262
    H – 704, 644, 580

White
    D – 276, 252, 228, 204
    H – 983, 889, 818

Black
    D – 442, 364, 326
    H – 1118, 1093, 924

Blue
    D – 442, 364, 326
    H – 884, 730

I have recycled all but the most powerful offhand items from each set

Anonymous

@burbman Would you mind explaining what those numbers mean? I really don’t know what would be that high unless you hacked your birds.

burbman
    @burbman

@partshade The numbers represents the damage or health of my set items for each bird, for example my Red has set weapons with damage values of 276, 252, 228, and 204. I did not note what level I was at when I obtained them, but when added to numbers like the ones you provided, we can start to fill in the gaps on a set item matrix.

I suppose I should have added spaces after the commas for readability. Headed up to edit that now.

Anonymous

@burbman Oh thanks I get it now. I though your numbers were going into the billions! :D

Anonymous

In that case we need to figure out which numbers go to which level. If we can find out how many points each level give that would help a lot. Although it looks different for each bird.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@kerravon Ah, I understand now. I’ve started a table on my Google spreadsheet with the known level 41 values and @partshade’s data. @burbman’s data points, as well as a few of my own, are listed below the main table until we can figure out where they fit.

@partshade Yes, the scaling is different for each bird, except that for Attack (both base and on weapons), Red and Matilda use the same base factor, as do Bomb and Blues. This table lists the scaling factors for base stats and non-set item stats:

Base    Weapon  Base    Offhand
    Bird    Attack  Attack  Health  Health
    ------- ------  ------  ------  ------
    Red     1.75    4       9       21
    Chuck   2.5     6       4.5     10.5
    Matilda 1.75    4       7       16.25
    Bomb    2.75    6.5     7.25    17.5
    Blues   2.75    6.5     5.75    13.25

These factors scale by (level+3) instead of directly by level, e.g. Red’s base Attack at level 41 is 1.75 * (41 + 3) = 77.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@dr_ishmael Like Burbman, the levels for my set items are unknown. The relevant data for equipment at levels 30+ are

Weapons
    Red 221, 240, 252
    Matilda 221, 228, 264
    Chuck 287, 313, 332
    Bomb 336, 442
    Blues 364, 404, 442

Offhand
    Red 1152
    Matilda 842, 889, 1077
    Chuck 520, 644, 704
    Bomb none
    Blues 652, 710, 806, 884

Hopefully you can slot some of these values straight into your spreadsheet.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@dr_ishmael You know this could be a great contribution to this site. With a simple JavaScript you could enter the attack/defense numbers of a set item for a specific bird and it would tell you what level it is.
    Maybe something to add to the Set Items guide @admins ?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Golden Pig Machine

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.