Cheaters

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Cheaters

Viewing 25 replies - 351 through 375 (of 1,378 total)
  • Replies
  • Zeke Kaiser
    @zekekaiser

Yeah, it doesn’t look like it’s worth my effort. One has jumped up again to 45.7k. What happens to me is too erratic if I would want to try to compete. I was in second for a while when there was only the one cheater. Rather disheartening.

senigami
    @steven-dunn-5648

@admins, Bad news for non-cheaters. I think I may accidentally discovered a new cheat method which may have been introduced in this new version that allows anyone to complete all objectives in a single battle and to repeat this at will as many times as you want. I figure with this method, assuming 5.5k points and 5 min to set up and complete, a cheater could make over 66k points an hour. Yikes! How long till others start to catch wind of this? I wasn’t even trying to look for it. This one is so easy and so bad that I am not even going to hint at how to do it. You may even stumble on it by accident. Thanks a lot Rovio! Kind of the opposite of making things better with an update. :-(

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@steven-dunn-5648 Can you share with me via private message? I can then fwd to Rovio.

Mimi27
    @mimi27

I entered the arena around 8 hours after my start time. I was alone for a short time and then it started to populate. So far some strong players but no indication of cheating.

Elespejo
    @espejo123

Hey @richrupp, @steven-dunn-5648 now in the group of people that I am, I have the same opponent that you have few weeks ago. He`s constantly changing his name. I was first in the league, but he went 165 to 100115 points in 1 minute.

Anonymous

Wow its that same person in the pictures on the first page. Rovio has to do something about this guy!

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@steven-dunn-5648 I was wondering how it was possible for top cheater on my leaderboard to achieve 20k in 10 minutes, cheat method you discovered probably explain thing.

petekeeling
    @petekeeling

The issue I have is this:
    Rovio are fully aware that a fair game in the Battle area a is impossible due to their flawed game. Knowing this they do not cancel the PvP battle area of the game. Many unknowing people go in this area of the game and spend ’real money’ resetting objectives and spinning coins on the pig machine to increase banner power to, in later leagues, have no chance of gaining from that cost to their pocket. Many of these people are children, many of these adults and children may not be able to afford this, as it will be a higher than expected re-buy in, due to chasing cheaters, especially ones like most on here that ‘only cheat a little’ or ‘use exploits’ if that’s a term you’re conscience is more comfortable with. I see this as cheating us out of money. I don’t believe Rovio are the cheats in the PvP battles. But to say ‘we’re working on it’ and leaving it open to their clients to spend money is some sort of corruption. They know it ain’t working and yet they’re still taking everyone’s money, right!

Howdydoodee
    @howdydoodee

Hi all – i joined this forum specifically to search for a solution to all the cheating going on and was dissapointed to find there isn’t one at the moment. Been stuck in Silver for 3 weeks due to cheaters. Luckily it seems like this week my league has no cheaters. Fingers crossed that it stays this way.

image.jpg

raziel29a
    @raziel29a

Resetting arena objectives during the day happens. I understand that a player getting hundreds of thousands points within single day is doing it intentionally, but in my case I’ve seen the daily objectives reset during the day. Of course I’ve completed them (I thought everyone in my 15 can do it) and guess what, some guy reported me and Rovio dropped me to a lower league, thanks a lot. Please tell me honestly if any one of you would see daily objectives available again, would you sit down and leave them alone? Using exploits and glitches is not cheating. App code makes the rules and i didn’t change them at all.

MadMike
    @madmike

Using exploits and glitches is same as using hacks when you play against real alive competitors who play legit.
    About people jumping 100k points in 1 min:
    They have rooted devices and simply edit their score with memory editor like game killer, sb game hacker for android or igamegamuardian or gamegem for ios.
    It’s rovios fault they don’t keep player scores on their servers and instead it’s kept on player devices so it is easy to edit.
    And about rovio removing cheaters from pvp – It will not happen. They can only patch exploits and change the way scores are stored so noone will be able to cheat.

@raziel29a, Wait, Rovio dropped you to a lower league? I wasn’t aware they were taking action at all. Could you elaborate on what exactly happened to you? When, how and such?

Everyone in here is waiting for Rovio to do something and so far it only seems that they intend to “fix” the bugs and not interested in dealing with cheaters directly. This would be an important bit of news and good news as well (although perhaps a somewhat misguided penalty towards your situation).

raziel29a
    @raziel29a

Define playing legit. In my opinion it is play by the game rules. However I must agree it is simply rude to use exploits when playing against real competitors. I just thought that the daily objectives got resetted for everyone, and I didn’t want to fall begind. It was hard to notice due to different time zones between players, and objectives resetting always at midnight (It’s a guess. I’ve seen some players getting objectives from next day sometimes around 22:00, but usually the legit amount of points, and they weren’t playing the next day)

Also I have a question does your arena week also end at 21:00 in sunday?

I agree with much in the last posts here. What you have to keep in mind though is that many of these glitches occur randomly without people even knowing about it.

You can hardly blame a legit player for achieving extra sets of objectives when they simply present themselves due a glitch. It’s just the game which is flawed in this case and that really cannot be blamed on the player at all.

When you reproduce a glitch with the purpose of getting a beneficial effects like multiple objective resets, that’s when it turns into cheating. There is no doubt about that one.

Considering the ease with which this is possible and the time it is already taking Rovio to sort this out, I believe Rovio is to blame as much as the active cheaters, or even more.

Not pulling the plug on the arena until the bugs are fixed is a grave mistake on their part and could be considered at least bad taste. They are after all accepting people’s money for in-game items while this offers no advantage at all for paying customers.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@raziel29a — I too would like to know what kind of action was taken, when, how, and so on. Rovio has not seen fit to not disclose the mechanics of the arena so we are all flying blind. Since I received two sets of objectives today after entering the arena a day late I am trying to pin down normal behavior.

To me it would look like cheating and I would hate to think that I could be reported and disciplined for what looks to me to be Rovio’s answer to late entry. I hope they can tell the difference.

raziel29a
    @raziel29a

When I started to read more about the glitches I’m starting to think that it was not a Rovio dropping me to the lower league. I just guess it happened that way. Player #2 in the leaderboard changed his name to “uregettingrprtd” or something like that. I think he meant “You’re getting reported” and I believe he mentioned me since I’ve got some extra points. A couple of days later I suddenly realized I’m in stone leage again, when I was in silver. I’m guessing it was due to the report and Rovio intervention. However it is possible I simply encountered extremely unfortunate glitch. Karma is nasty…

MadMike
    @madmike

Pvp leagues starts/ends sunday at 21:00 CET+1

raziel29a
    @raziel29a

So if someone has a time zone where 21:00 CET+1 is 00:00 then he doesn’t get extra daily objectives between 21:00 and 24:00 right after league start?

@raziel29a, that’s correct. Also reported to rovio. The thing is that these objectives work on your local midnight instead of Rovio’s servers. That’s where stuff is beginning to fall apart and become unfair.

Only fair way to deal with the objectives is to use Rovio’s servers as a central authority for giving out objectives at 24 hour intervals, starting with the beginning of the leagues. That is the only simple way to treat everybody the same way.

@raziel29a, Any chance that you just lost? If not, can you elaborate on the circumstances a bit more? What kind of scores were on your board? Was everyone close to each other? When did you end the league, any connectivity issues, etc.

If it is a glitch, you should report this to Rovio. Being bumped back while you should be going up is a serious bug…

raziel29a
    @raziel29a

It might seem fair, but I’m afraid it’s not. Suppose the objectives for one player reset at 18:00 and he is busy between 8:00 and 16:00 suppose he can play only after 17:00 he has to wait an hour to complete next day objectives, or he can leave them for tomorrow and try to rush between 17:00 and 18:00. I think the best solution is to reset daily objectives and league start/end always at midnight local time. And another thing is defferences between players. I think every 15 players competing with each other should be from the same time zone. That solves all time problems. (I often find myself waiting for 21:00 to quickly complete the objectives and finally go to bed. I have to get up really early to go to work) Resetting the league at midnight would really help me get rested before monday :)

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

Today I had two resets of daily objectives due to problem with server hope I wouldn’t be punished for taking opportunity to play an extra challenges. I don’t think someone could report me as top two already have over 150k points while I am at 32k with two accidental resets and three sets completed.

raziel29a
    @raziel29a

@larry, well the top 5 were close to each other, except me being 4000 ahead. I don’t want to report this to rovio because I believe in karma and without extra points from objectives glitch I would end up 5th so everything is like it was suppose to be. Being bumped back, when I shouldn’t be going up without glitches seems quite fair for me :)

edit: What do you mean by “you just lost” is it possible to be dropped to lower league?

MysticBurn
    @renitz

the player “Good” on the sceenshot is the best example to me that rovio isn’t removing cheaters, what I expected already.
    so until the next update cheaters are being rewarded if they end up in first three places.

When I asked rovio about removing players I got this vague response, this is a week ago.

“I understand the issues caused by cheaters in the game. Combating cheating in the game is quite high on our priority list at the moment. We are already aware of most of the different bugs or cheat tools people are using in the game and we are working on fixing these issues as soon as possible with a new update for the game.”

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@renitz that’s not that bad from Rovio. At least they are aware of different bugs cheaters are using to get undeserved advantage against fair players.
    They never bothered to reply my request from two weeks ago.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Cheaters

Viewing 25 replies - 351 through 375 (of 1,378 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.