Best mission choices

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Best mission choices

• I’ve looked and searched a bit as I’m sure this must have been covered already.

What TFs are the best for each mission?

Thanks in advance. :)

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Replies
  • Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

each mission has an icon next to it (either lightbulb, magnifying glass or missile)
    Match your highest level transformers with the same icon from the selection presented.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I think they’ve re-calibrated the progress each TF provides in the missions tally.

TriPolar
    @tripolar

Agreed.
    For a mission like Rousing Speech… Using OP’s are good choices vs. Sentinal Prime(Terrance), since he doesn’t really speak. Regardless of his rank he’ll usually do poorly on that easy mission.
    Also, on Battle mission’s, look at the objective… Shoot wildly, Retake city, reduce to rubbel, etc… It’s not just the symbol to match but also the type to style the transformers use for shooting. Levels do help but it’s a combination of these things. Flanking an enemy, needs a variety of types. All bombers but not all mass damage or sniper’s…mix it up! Almost like when you choose a buddy to play with, it’s not always smart to take the highest level bot offered.

Something that I noticed was that a couple of TF’s have a bit to crossover effectiveness. Like the blues. Their symbol is the bulb but they have also worked well for me on a couple of scouting mission’s. I’ve been meaning to try more crossovers based on personalities(both TF & Bird/Pig) and their Bio but I haven’t really recorded anything yet.

I’ll also be back with a list of a few that I’ve noticed do well at certain difficulties but not at others. Generally, if a bot grabs 2 extra stars at one level moving it up a level will get 1 or 1.5 but not always, sometimes less than 1. I’ve been trying to track some of this but it’s a work in progress…

vega
    @vegabomb

Thanks all for the help. (I really can’t believe I didn’t notice those icons)

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@tripolar

I tried the blues on a easy scouting mission with Starscreem. The Blues only got two stars a piece, but I did get all 5 keys without needing a video.

TriPolar
    @tripolar

As @optimuspig mentioned things did get recalibrated, probably again with the latest update. Since most people are at different points in the game, I’m going to try to break down what I (at least I believe) have noticed.

Seeker/spy(magnifying glass) missions: the #1 attribute is speed/vehicle. After that depending on the mission the other 2 attributes come in 2nd and 3rd.
    If the mission is to disrupt/sabotage something (raid fuel supply for example) then the weapon becomes the #2 attribute followed by the shield. If it’s to observe(scouting run) or steal(Set up traps,Eavesdrop on gossip, etc..) something then the shield becomes the #2 attribute and depending on what Rovio has decided with the version that is out at the time the weapon may or may not factor in. If it does, it becomes the 3rd factor. I should actually say last factor since I have not mentioned personality.

The actual rank of the TF doesn’t come into play until it’s time for the reward. Based on my tracking from the last update (CNY), it can help your gem count increase but you can’t just throw in anybody of a high rank, the attributes still apply.

For Intelligence (light bulb) mission’s: The shield and vehicle attributes are closely matched. Shield #1, Vehicle #2, weapon #3(if applicable). Generally, best all round attributes perform better. For these missions the personality seems to be the primary thing, followed by the attributes. Don’t send Terrance to give a speech or install anything. Leave that for Red, Lockdown (installing) & the Sound crew (wave & blaster). Bubbles/Jazz is probably the most flexible followed by the blues. But also look at their pic, one has the blues happy/schemey The other has them more menacing, choose wisely!

Military (Bomb/Missle) Mission’s: #1 Attribute Weapon, then a combination of both shield and vehicle attributes make up the #3. I skipped #2 because the style of weapon comes in to play majorly, as does the personality. I touched on it in a previous post the difference between sharp shooters and mass area Damagers.
    Shoot wildly? Gravitrons, Bludgeon, Brawl… Just look at their animations too, you’ll get a feel for what their temperament is. Reduce to rubbel = mass damage. Retaking an area, needs a good combination as with any military operation. Knocking over towers, destroying stuff and charging in blindly all have some crossover (with in its’ grouping) but requires different combinations.

Please note that this really only deals with skill attributes. Personality and anything else is not completely factored in. That would be another part to do. This is also assuming that you use match the mission type to character icon. It will also help for crossover mission’s, since it’s attribute based.
    The order of selection I don’t think has much effect but I’m playing around with it and recording it as well. Since we just got an update, my records maybe pretty much useless for rewards and type crossovers. So, after this comp, I’ll be getting back to running a lot of mission’s. In the previous versions, I did notice a difference when pigs are used to shorten the time (lower rewards in terms of gems). This one, so far no penalty. This could also be chalked up to the randomness of the game. I’m still going to track & monitor every detail. I just started tracking days of the week and time the mission started. This also could be due to randomness but I did notice in the previous version on certain days the rewards were low right across the board. So the day it starts or ends could come into play as well as just be another apparently random thing. Hopefully, I can get enough data in enough time to help put out something, doesn’t include any (or much) guess work. Just firm theories based on stats.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@tripolar

Thanks! This is good information. I had figured out how to avoid having to watch a video to receive all the keys, but not the rate of gem reward. Your analysis has me intrigued. I will record my mission information as well since that’s about all I’m doing these days.

TriPolar
    @tripolar

@pampeans No Problem… Also now I am almost 100% sure that at least after this last update, using pigs of any amount to shorten missions kills your gem production. The materials will still be a good count but we’ll be lucky to see any gems. I know it’s only been a couple of days but I have had a couple of repeat missions. I’ve used the same TFs (at the same level as before) and in the same order. Only thing different is that Irreceived zero gems. I got 2 gems in one of them. 2 of the missions were 24 hours, one shortened in half, the othe to just over 17hours (it was the time left in yesterday’s challenge (the missiles). Both previously gave me 10 & 12 gems on previous runs, this time none. Another one, 12 hour on the first day gave the gems. I also shortened an 8 hour mission today (need some SR really quickly & didn’t want to take chances killing resources in the lab), and got no gems. This one I had received a minimum of 6 in the past but nothing this time. After the next update, I’ll try it again and see how things go. Unless I need materials before that, I expect that the results will be the same.

Let me how your research goes… It’s amazing the arm of things that are actually changed/adjusted with each update. Some of them most people wouldn’t even realize unless they were looking for something in that area specifically.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@tripolar

“Let me how your research goes… It’s amazing the arm of things that are actually changed/adjusted with each update. Some of them most people wouldn’t even realize unless they were looking for something in that area specifically.”

Will do! Yeah, that’s one of the most frustrating things about the game, you have to relearn the gameplay after every update and most of the time the changes are unpleasant.

nykki
    @diamond72

This is something I have been wondering about too, because I need to do hard missions to get the Super Ranimus items (no idea how to spell it!!) to upgrade my TFs. I get all five prizes a lot during the easy and medium missions. But I will use the same TFs and even with two on the mission I am lucky if I get two and I always miss the Super items. Sucks cause it takes forever to upgrade since as you get higher in rank for each Transformer you need more items.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

@diamond72 On the hard missions you should use three TFs if you only are able to use 2 at the moment spend whatever is needed to get the 3rd spot open…. it is costly to begin with but the resulting gems etc more than covers it in the long run

TriPolar
    @tripolar

@diamond72 I agree 100% with @droversdog
    Do whatever it takes to get that third slot open & use it.

Karaoke Krazy
    @karaokekrazy

This may have been covered somewhere, but I can’t find it. What purpose do the “Pig Reinforcements” serve in Missions??

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@karaokekrazy

“Pig reinforcements” can be used to shorten the mission time. It takes 130 to decrease by an hour.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

I’ve never spent to use more than 1 TF on a mission. I still get more upgrade mats than I can use, except in trying to break them down for gems. What happens when you send multiple TF on a mission?

And by the way, here’s a tip — on the pork side, 2 chips + 1 gear give you a shot at 3 Super Rarium eggs. That’s very nice for gem collection; it’s worth at least the 5 gem redo if you land on gold.

Mashing together 3 of the eggs, something I do a lot, is worth both the 5 gem and 10 gem redoes if needed. But it’s said if you still get gold after all that …

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@franciscrawford

You need all three Tfs (plus a video) to get all 5 keys — for free. See this thread for the recipes to generate materials and gems.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

@Pampeans,

Right. Great thread. Wish I’d seen it earlier, when I was doing a lot of trial & error.

But I still don’t see how paying the gems to add transformers to a mission can possibly be a good deal.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@franciscrawford

In the past the silo was a lot larger and a good source of gems besides the Energonicons. We also we unlocked several characters through missions like the blues and the Stellas.

If you have all of the Tfs, then you use missions for materials to unlock all of the Energonicons and to generate gems.

If you have all of the Energonicons then you use missions for materials to upgrade and to generate gems.

If you have finished upgrading all of the Tfs, then you use missions for materials and to generate gems.

Hard missions are a primary source of superarium and medium/easy missions are a good source of gems. The more missions you run the more opportunities to generate gems.

Are you sensing a theme here? ;)

When you run a mission are you paying gems to open all of the gift boxes?

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

@Pampeans — except for one time after a special mission that gave me a TF, I’ve never paid gems to open a gift box. The numbers don’t make sense to me. E.g., after a hard mission they cost 30 gems. 3 super rarium aren’t worth 30 gems; they’re not even worth 20. Max reward is probably 2 super rarium, and that’s 1 or 2 chances in 5.

Maybe a gift box after a 24-hour hard mission is worth 10 gems. I’d be shocked if a calculation showed it were worth 15. It’s certainly not worth 30.

I unlocked all the Energonicon companions long ago. I think I have all TFs except a couple that I gather predate Shockwave. I certainly haven’t leveled them all up yet; that takes calendar time unless one accelerates via gems, and I’ve only been playing since November.

I’ve never paid cash for gems and never will.

I have >18 million gold, so gold rewards are meaningless to me except occasionally when they give a feeling of accomplishment.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@franciscrawford

I can’t argue with your strategy, there’s no right way, just what works for you. I can just say that the number of gems generated by missions initially, more than made up for the cost of #2 & #3 slot Tfs. Now that my Tfs are maxed out, I only send two on easy missions and I get all the gift boxes without the video.

TriPolar
    @tripolar

Food for thought…. OK, so I’ve been doing some down & dirty research on missions and rewards and the bots used, day of the week, time of day, pigs used…You name, I’ve probably done tracked it. Way more information than one should probably have but I’ve seen some interesting trends. The rewards are not random at all but the distribution of the quality of rewards (especially gems) seem to have a 2 to 3 week period of consistency. Of course, every update seems to bring new changes. The super detailed data that I have goes back to early February. While lesser detailed from late 2015 (I can’t say for sure because I didn’t track dates). You can call it changing you can call it evolving, either way things don’t stay the same for long. I’ve broken things down in too many way for analysis to begin to explain pure details. Interesting things of note… For about a 2 week period in mid February(I’m not looking at my stats right now so I can’t give you exact dates or exact numbers). The easy missions were giving out the most amount of gems. Almost 3 times as much compared to the hard missions. By March 1st, patterns were changed for the 2nd time and the Hard missions gave the most (as people would expect) and easy gave the least. A previous period saw Medium missions give out more than easy & hard combined. This does take into account the total number of mission’s, total & average times spent as well as having a balance of differently timed missions. All done to make sure the numbers were not off because of lack of mission’s or any of the types having more short or long missions. After March 5th there was another shift, I guess Rovio keeping us from finding an exact pattern to exploit. I can’t say yet if the patter rotate in cycles or not. A lot more tracking would have to be done, unfortunately for me, I plan on doing it as long and as much as I can. The one thing that I found to be a constant so far(whether intentionally or not) during the events/comps the total amount of gems in general increased. Also, evolving are the material rewards, which I’m sure a good number of people have noticed. There was a time where easy generally gave iron, which still holds true for shorter missions but 12s, 24s and some 8s. Now it’s a bit harder to get iron from them, a lot of gears/cogs are now being produced. Medium used to be the cog/gear giver with the occasional processor/chip.Based on the same timings now they are giving out a lot more chips and processors. While hard pretty much remains the same with the smallest being chips/processors but the amount per unit has increase as well as with the SR.
    I haven’t used pigs to shorten missions but at one point they killed any chances of getting gems, regardless of the difficulty. Then, the balancing changed and it didn’t seem to make a difference. After seeing the ever evolving distribution of gems and materials, it seemed hopeless trying to figure it out but there is still value in the research. The bots that provide the best rewards, which is still based on the skills and personalities but also on your own bot levels as well. Since I don’t have any 15s, my findings may not be completely parallel with those who do. I am also hoping that in the time after the event(s), things will either show up as cycles or not. Tho, we have never (in my experience) have had consecutive or simultaneous events. So they may again be rewriting the books.

If anyone wants to see the actual data collected and/or analysis, just ask… I was just trying to keep this as brief as possible. I know, it still looks like a novel but a research paper can be available upon request.

Now, time to earn some tokens and win some accessories!!!

sukerman13
    @sukerman13

@tripolar, more than excellent job mate !!!! super detailed analysis !!! i hear you friend !!

Karaoke Krazy
    @karaokekrazy

Thank you!

zhianjo
    @zhianjo

@pampeans

“Pig reinforcements” can be used to shorten the mission time. It takes 130 to decrease by an hour.

Pls explain Pig reinforcements. If i want to finish a mission i have to pay gems. I’m confused how do i use pigs to lower down the mission time?

Pampeans
    @pampeans

Hi @zhianjo!

On the missions screen, after you select the type of mission and assign the Tfs; you have the opportunity, using pigs, to shorten the mission before the mission starts. There’s a picture of a pig and ?? arrows. I have all of my missions running, so I’ll have to update this post with screenshots in about 2 hours…

Pigreinforcements.jpeg

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Best mission choices

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.