Arena Season 6

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 6

Viewing 25 replies - 326 through 350 (of 718 total)
  • Replies
  • Pointless
    @pointless

I also see Illusionist infrequently (not really suited for Arena), but Stone Guard does appear more often, for some unknown reason (fairly useless, IMO).
    I play (and face almost exclusively) Valiant, so attacking the Banner almost is the name of the game. I only concentrate on KOing Birds when a dangerous one is about to Rage (eg Wizard), but otherwise let the enemy “waste” their Rage on Red or Blues, which are easily recovered from.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Banner is my main target when I’m playing with my maximum AoE strategy (Wizard, Berserk, Blues). I have no complete banner set so I try to kill all the birds before I finally focus on the banner, but because of the AoE I can already start draining the banner while doing that. When I can’t use my AoE strategy (for example when the game wants me to use (or not use) certain birds then I make sure Chuck, Druid and the Blues are the first KO’d because these are usually most dangerous for my birds… especially if I see Princess, Wizard, Rogues, Druid, Witch or Rainbird.
    So far I only faced a Valiant banner set exactly once in the Stone League and that was a rather simple one – maybe I was lucky, maybe I was simply too strong. When I first saw it I really wondered what this random pig was doing on the enemy’s side. But I also wondered why everyone was talking about Valiant and why it was so good. Had a look in the banner set list today and that cleared me up. XD

Pointless
    @pointless

A dangerous strategy when you start seeing the plethora of Valiants we see. AoE is key, because as you allude to, Birds take damage even when specifically targeting the Banner. If you focus on KOing Birds, you will find them up again quickly (even post nerf) and countering you into oblivion if you haven’t yet dropped the Banner down to near win. If needed, focus on the dangerous enemies and leave the rest, not worth KOing them all, especially all in one turn. And why do you find Druid so intimidating? If you damage the Banner significantly, she’ll waste all her turns healing (at a rate that is insignificant).

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Actually, Rovio is that specific, because I just got “Win with Archmage” as my 3k daily objective. I am assuming that this is specific to the fact that I already upgraded from Mage to Archmage.

Archmage is critical to the “KO birds attacking your Banner” if you’re not up against a lot of AOEs (in that case, Thunderbird is preferable).

I will generally KO Chuck first, because I don’t want him to Rage Attack.

Suzy
    @suzyq

Can you tell me how I can upgrade to Archmage please.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@pointless
    I’ve faced a Druid-Rainbird combo once, with an extremely increased healing due to Mathilda’s Sweet! set and another healing-increasing effect from the banner. 2k healing from the Druid and another 1.5k from the Rainbird. That’s not insignificant. (I lost that battle btw.)

@graugeist

Would probably be Mage if you didn’t have the Archmage. The game wouldn’t give me that objective.

Missing a single lucky coin to refill my banners. I was carried down to #4 on the board. I don’t wanna stay in the Stone League this week. ;-;

Pointless
    @pointless

@graugeist that is interesting, having an Archmage specific objective. Must have been added recently, as I have had “win 5 battles with Mage” a few times, which I completed with my Archmage. Wonder if it has anything to do with this switching between Knight and Elite Knight capability?

@smwforever45
    sounds like you are describing Venomous with a Blessed Banner, which was one of my early, pre-Valiant, Arena configurations. I know what you are saying regarding the healing with this set up, by I also would put forth that if Rainbird and Druid are spending their turns healing, this leaves your own team up and attacking with regularity, which is a more beneficial use of a turn IMO, especially with Valiant. And you must be dealing more than 3.5K per turn, right? That makes the healing insignificant in the long run

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@suzy – right now, it isn’t possible to upgrade to Archmage.

It was a limited time thing, and if you didn’t get it, you missed it. Apparently, forever. Mua-ha-ha-ha!

(I actually have no idea why they don’t make them available again – they’re not broken or anything like that. Far from it.)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@pointless
    At this point, my Wizard does 1421 damage, my Spies do 1017/419 damage and my Berserk does 969 base damage. That’s less than 3500 and definitely not enough to compensate the healing my enemy does. (My banner’s at 17223 health, so when I use Berserk’s secondary ability on my banner, all enemies and their banner take 861 damage.)

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

That is why you need Sea Dog.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I know, I know. I have to wait, though. I only get ~100 LC’s a month. XD

Also, next arena round for me in a few minutes. I’m already ready to battle. I need to complete all objectives and I need to catch up to get back to #3 and stay there. Hope I don’t get junk for my objectives so I can use my AoE team.

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

@swmforever45- You should play the golden pig dungeon in the campaign events. I played it only 2 times in the Easter event and got 11 LC’s each time :D. Also try knocking out birds that heal and have low HP(like Chuck). If the chuck you fought has less than 3407 HP(I did the math) then you should be able to knock Chuck out. And even if you lose the coin toss the healing of 3500 will be useless to them since they haven’t taken any dammage. But the problem is if you lose the coin toss then one of your birds will most likely be knocked out:P.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I know about Golden Pig Dungeon – just the Mother of the Golden Pigs isn’t always easy to defeat for me. Also you misspelled my name, it’s smwforever45 not swm ;)

No Chuck I ever encountered had more than 2500 HP. Back then I tried to focus on the banner though… Also in that match I did lose the coin toss. :(

Just finished my daily objectives, I’m #1 again and if necessary I’ll play some more matches. My Venomous strategy seems to work better for me than my AoE strategy.
    2 wins without Bomb, 30 birds KO’d during winning sessions, 5 wins using Berserk, if anyone’s curious.

Pointless
    @pointless

@smwforever45 granted, I don’t know where you are at Level/Mastery-wise, so I apologise for any misconstruction on my part. At my level, Druid is next to useless in Arena (Venomous, rare as it is, aside) as her healing is dwarfed by other classes.
    Out of curiosity, why Beserker in your team? That really seems to be the weak link in your setup.

Anonymous

@pointless People really underestimate the power of Berserker. I use him as well and he’s really useful for switching between single and spread out damage. He also has the highest possible damage output of all of Bomb’s classes (At least before Frost Savage, no idea if he can do more than Berserkerer).

IMO he’s just an overall useful class that can cover several scenarios.

If you want to see his power for yourself use my personal power team: Berserkerer with Scissors, Wizard with Twin Lightning and Skulkers with Artillery Strike and the Mighty Set with Resilience. This set-up is notorious for crits, chain attacks and overall bonus damage.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@partshade Berserker is definitely useful in Arena. I use him all the time.

Anonymous

@datguygamer Berserkerer fan club! :D

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@partshade At first I only used Sea Dog but then later realised that Berserker with a full Rage Chili deals more damage than Sea Dog and the damage output isn’t inhibited by health loss but rather augmented by increasing Rage Chili which happen all the time when you’re fighting. So it’s my go-to class for Bomb with the new set. :D

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Can someone clarify this for me? Is the new Arena bounty only for one day? Seriously I got 1 Enchantment Shard for the first day the thing started but every time, it’s locked. What gives? Anyone else getting 1 shard for completing the arena objectives daily?

Also, my arena standing:
    Screenshot_20160402-133422.png

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@pointless
    Because apart from Chuck’s classes and the Spies, I find no class that can do AoE damage. Berserker isn’t that weak, actually deals more damage than any other of Bomb’s classes and can do AoE damage which otherwise only his rage chill effect could do (and unlike Sea Dog, his damage can only increase in battles not decrease!)

@partshade @datguygamer
    Yay! :3

Also, I am getting my daily enchantment shard. It seems to be a bit glitched though because I didn’t get it on the first day.

Here’s my current standings… It stays interesting. I hope to make the Top 3 tomorrow. But of course, I’d be happy for #1.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Interesting that you are getting your daily ES. Also, welcome to the Berserker Club. We serve healthy doses of rage chili juice everywhere!

Also, interesting to note that incredibly competitive board you’re in. Wow, people are like neck-to-neck in terms of points.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@datguygamer I got a shard every day but Thursday. Strange. Today is the last day I can get one.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@bubbley I just got 1 the day this Arena bounty started and never again.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@graugeist thanks for the information.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    Yeah but as I said, on Day 1 I didn’t get mine.

Yeah it’s really competitive and if you’re unlucky you can go from #1 to #4 just by having the others do some more random battles (I did twice but I ain’t giving up!). Down to rank 12 they’re all above 20k points. The current rank 15 used to be at the top but forgot to play or got busy. Pity. :(

Three hours left and I can do my last three objectives for the week. Hopefully some realistic ones to keep my top rank up. I’d love to advance to the next league.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 6

Viewing 25 replies - 326 through 350 (of 718 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.