Arena Season 6

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 6

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 718 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Maybe but what about new players?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

What about them? They will level up and save LCs to buy hats just like the rest of us did.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I’m gonna jump in and say what I spent my LC’s on as a new player. As in most games, you get more of a Premium currency earlier in the game.
    The first thing I thought of spending my LC’s on was not the bird classes. It was unlocking the Friendship gates on the map (25 LC’s each) and being able to revive all birds when they were KO’d in a hard battle (10 LC’s). I also spent LC’s on the Mighty Eagle birds on Friendship Gate battles (15 LC’s each) and to get Piggy McCool back earlier (10 LC’s). I know these are stupid things to do but that’s what I did when I was a new player. The first time I even really thought of the Bird classes was when I unlocked my last “non-Premium” class (the Avenger).

@graugeist
    , you can’t go and tell all new players to spend all their LC’s on bird classes immediately. It may be the best investment but some players just won’t follow and others may need LC’s for other purposes. Because I didn’t buy all classes in the first place I do feel disadvantaged when there’s a “Win 5 battles using Sea Dog and Skulkers” type challenge because I simply can’t do this objective unless I was to spend real money on them NOW. And even then I probably wouldn’t win 5 battles because the classes are rank 1 or 2 at best.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Again, completed my objectives for the day. 3 consecutive wins, 3 wins with Red, defeated Red 3 times. Finally took the lead with 23.8k points but others are yet to complete their objectives. A few minutes before the new cycle started I was in #4 with about 300 points behind so I did a few random battles to catch up.

I also got the first piece for the Mighty banner set. Still sticking with Angry, though, because it gives my birds +10% attack power.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

It’s actually “Win with Sea Dog and Spies,” not Skulkers. I get that objective and that’s my regular Arena team. :D

Everybody wastes some LCs, no news there. At some point, the players figure out what they should do. I sat out Arena for a long time, so it took me a while to catch up. That’s my fault, not the game’s.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

It was just meant as an example. :P I know it’s different, I saw the objective before.

Ryogo Kusama
    @ryogokusama

This week everyone in my board is super competitive… forget getting promoted to Diamond, if I don’t grind like a madman I risk to not being able to stay even in Platinum… it’s the first time this happened to me since Season 1, what the hell?!
    Getting to the first three spots would require something like 3-4 hours of grinding EACH day according to my calculation and only if we don’t take into consideration that other players could improve their grind rate too… can’t be bothered… I’ll stay in Plat and hope for a better board next week…

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I am running 4th-5th in Plat right now, having a lot of trouble catching the top 2. :(

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

After I get the Witch class for Matilda and maybe if possible the Mana set for Chuck, Arena will become an ease for me. Very few people in the 30’s have Vallaint but when I do encounter Vallaint I lose 80-90% of the time. If I can get Vallaint it is better. And one more thing for vallaint the percentage does not seem correct more like 85% rather than 65%. And mabye have a Banner upgrading system where you can pay LC’s or snouts to upgrade your banner(not health, just the 3 losses thing). Mabye upgrade from Wood(3 losses) to Silver(4 losses) to Platinum(5 losses) to Diamond(7 losses) and Wood to Silver 20LC, Silver to Platinum 30LC, and Platinum to Diamond 50LC’s. And also a combo like complete banner set where pay 100LC to get Vallaint, Mana Set, and Any Emblem of your choice.

And also mabye another banner upgrading system to upgrade your banner items to higher leagues(can only be done by REACHING that league and paying for it). Pay 3 LC’s for every league to upgrade to(Wood to Stone 3, to Silver 6,gold 9,platinum 12, and diamond 15)

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

That is a very inexpensive number of LCs to upgrade one’s league or banner limit.

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

OK maybe the numbers need to be changed but is the suggestion good

Anonymous

Man my silver league board is DEAD. I’m 1st with 17k, 2nd has 14k, 3rd has 1k and 4th has 200. Rest is all 0s. Easy rankup! :D

JJAtelier
    @vinnieb00

@smwforever45 I can empathise the situation you’re in. I had the same encounter long back where I laid off buying any premium classes until the objectives starting bombarding them at me.

I think its still sad how the developers allow some objectives pass through where you must use a certain premium class to complete regardless whether the player doesn’t own it.

For a new player getting in the game, that really sucks and pretty much Rovio just pointing a gun at your head to pay or painstakingly save your gold coins if you want to have any chance of staying near the top of the leaderboard.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Currently at #1 with 37K. 2nd place is just 12K and 3rd is 5760. Platinum league for the first time and finally a 3 star Resurrection and Thorn Wall to hunt.

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

My current lineup is Palladin/Pirate, Druid, and Rogues. Since my Rogues have low health, when I lose the toss the enimes go for Rogues. Since Rogues have the Save me set for me I use it and they revive so still can get 1 turn to attack with them.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Here’s a question:

What kinds of set item do you usually prefer (and I mean in a generalized consensus) for birds in terms of passive abilities? Personally I go with those that give 8% bonus attack power aka the ones with “Might”. All birds have sets that either increase health but decrease attack (Vitality) or the other which does the opposite (Might). So which ones do you prefer guys?

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

@dayguygamer Depends on the bird…I would go for more health for Chuck but more dammage for Red and Bomb.And 8% isn’t neccessarly a big increase. The Whip up for Cap’n is a 60% increase, and Avenger with 4% health lost will have an 8% increase right there and with more health lost it will have a bigger increase(Max:+198%). So I would rather just get boosts from classes which are much more than 8% and have more health. :D

@all- If anybody here has somewone who is Level 33 on their board and the name is ‘Adventurer’ then that is me. I am again on a board with level 50s in the silver leauge currently in 4th place. Please tell me if I am on your board :D

Anonymous

Anyone have any tips on dealing with cheaters? I’ve got two in my gold league this week, and they’ll be the difference between me advancing to platinum or not. Rovio has already reset their scores once, but of course they’re both right back at the top the leaderboard now.
    Should I wait as long as possible on monday before collecting my rewards for the week, in the hope that will have given rovio more time to have dealt with the issue? Any other suggestions?

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@poptimus From experience I can tell you that if the cheaters score have not been reset by Rovio when it is less than an hour left of the league week then it will not happen. After that it does not matter when you collect your rewards, your position will not change by Rovio’s involvement.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Today’s objectives were tough.
    Two wins with the Blues, three wins with all birds alive, five wins using Mage. I barely made it and I got lucky… on the match afterwards I got a bad coin toss and lost – my third strike after I already lost twice to strong opponents. Now I have to wait for the next day to do more matches. I hope the other players on my board have mercy with me. It’s a very, very active board. ;-;
    Damn Mage objective… I really don’t like that class in the Arena.

Anonymous

@angryjohnny
    That’s disappointing. Hardly surprising though, I suppose. Thanks for letting me know, anyway. At least I won’t have my hopes up!

@roviobeni
    @roviohuzz
    Anything to add here? I think angryjohnny’s theory from last week would be a good policy to implement: Whenever a particular cheater’s score would be zeroed out at some point during an arena league week, instead you could artificially “bump” up the rank of everyone else on that leaderboard.
    ETA: Or instead oc changing everyone’s rank, could you increase the number of people who advance to the next league?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Win with (Arch-)Mage? That’s not a bad one. Try “Win with Guardian” instead…

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@graugeist
    There’s an objective that explicitly says to win with an Arch Mage? I swear I don’t want that appearing on me. I have no access to any of those exclusive classes like Corsair or Ronin.

Speaking of Guardian, I did see a decent Guardian-Cleric combination while battling today. Guardian protected all birds and the banner to some extent and Cleric made sure they regained some health they lose from me. Of course it’s nothing against the combos you guys use but it’s enough to keep noobish players like me at pace. XD

I find the other of Chuck’s classes more useful than Mage btw. Lightning Bird can remove helpful effects and have a bird of your choice move again. Rainbird poisons everyone and heals everyone nicely. Wizard does extreme damage and the secondary effect can stun and fill up your chili. I can’t speak for the two Premium classes, though.

Pointless
    @pointless

@smwforever45 no, Rovio is not THAT specific (yet). We just use the tag (Arch)Mage as the two classes are interchangeable (ie “win 5 battles using Mage” can be successfully completed with Archmage.
    That class is useful in completing the “KO birds when attacking your Banner” objective in conjunction with Rogues’ Cupcake, but really not much else.
    As far as the two “Premium Classes” for Chuck, they are definitely support classes with narrow niche uses. Thunderbird/Skulkers is a combination that does appear frequently in Arena for me though, as they both instill +% damage to an enemy, which can KO a Banner pretty quickly if you’re not careful.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@pointless
    I did see Thunderbird occasionally too, thankfully not in combination with Skulkers, only on their own respectively. But Illusionist never came across me in the Arena, same as Stone Guard.

Random question, when it’s your turn which birds do you try to KO first? I usually go for those that can deal harmful effects to my birds like the Druid or the Rogues. Or if the Sea Dog appears I make sure to drain his health or kill him.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 6

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 718 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.