Angry Birds Epic version 1.3.3 is going live

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic version 1.3.3 is going live

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 136 total)
  • Replies
  • marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

A couple things to note:

1. You can use any materials to upgrade the items, not just Flotsam.

2. The more advanced the material, the more it fills up the bar. For example, to go from level 0 to level 1, you need either 25 basic resources (Flotsam, Wood, Seashell, Stone), 10 advanced resources (Cobalt Stone, Paper, Fossil, Limestone, Coral, Seastar, Slingshot Twig, Bamboo, Ore), or 4 high-end resources (Squarewood, Metal Bar, Rainbow Shell).

3. If you have the Gold Anvil, it automatically gives you 10% of the bar filled up for every level. I’m sure the Diamond Anvil gives a bigger boost, but I don’t know how much of one, since I don’t have it.

EDIT:

Oh, one more thing!

4. You can also upgrade non-set items, including banner emblems, and they don’t cost any shards to do so. However, these can only be upgraded to level 4.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@mvnla2 I’m guessing you scrapped a set weapon or off-hand item. It has to be a set item for your banner like flag or top to get a shard.

bikerdood
    @bikerdood

Three new set items in the arena GPM.

Jim151
    @jim151

So, i upgraded my ballista bow and living lightning weapons to enchantment level 10 following the update

How do you do that? There’s no GD instructions.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

It’s crap that Set Items don’t give shards. That’s completely ridiculous for how hard they are to acquire.

Bossk
    @henjovr

The new Valiant arena set seems very nice!
    Only 2 turns downtime is very powerful!

Now, just getting it…

Diamond anvil gives 30% filled bar for enchantment.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

The problem is that the pre-filled bar is pointless, as most of us are sitting on at least 10,000 junk material from farming SRC. The only thing that matters is shards.

Napoleongl
    @napoleongl

Just a warning if you haven’t upgraded and is running iOS (at least, haven’t tried android), it is not the most stable version they have released and has hung up on me more than ten times since last night.
    Have emailed rovio about it.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@napoleongl Try to do a hard restart of your device.
    I know in the past the updates for Epic have not been fully stable until you actually do a restart, probably some issue with temporary files from the old version still existing after the update that does not get removed properly.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

I upgraded and so far have no crashes running latest iOS.

Seems the first enhancement is free. I just followed the instructions. Once you have it you don’t seem to be able to take it off. It automatically chose Dragon Tooth. It may be a glitch but I tried to equip with one that wasn’t enhanced but couldn’t. Problem was that having it brought me up against players using the set in the Arena. So I have spent my LC enhancing 3 sets for my grinding team. I can’t do any more which means I will be struggling to use other birds for objectives. So beware.

Seems banner enhancement is free for one banner.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

What are names of items from news legendary banners ?

Concerning the shards, Rovio has to set up a way to obtain this element to relaunch the game :
    – Reward in the calendar
    – Reward by looking at a video
    – Reward for event
    – Given in a very rare way by the enemies (like mastery)

This last solution could totally relaunch the game, giving us a reason for replaying the adventure.

EDIT : Twitter by Rovio for me :

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@bubbley Read fluffyjesus’s post above for how the shards work. The game gives you 5 shards, but forces you to use one shard to upgrade whatever weapon Red was equipped with before you downloaded the update.

I’ll expand a little on what he said by letting you know that each shard rank improves the damage or health the item by 5% so fully upgraded items are 50% better than unimproved items.

The best strategy for using shards would to be to upgrade several items a little bit with weapons being the best items to upgrade, followed by off-hand items, then tops or flags and emblems would be the worst items to upgrade since they provide the smallest benefit. A flag or top upgrade will give you roughly twice as much health to your banner as an emblem upgrade. I wouldn’t bother upgrading any banner items until your weapons and off-hand items are upgraded.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@killerkea thanks I am a bit confused. I have embarked on this by accident so as usual I don’t know what I’m doing. Ah well adds to the spice.

Bjays92
    @bjays92

Are there any ways other than scrapping items to get shards?

Anonymous

The only way to get shards is to scrap set banners

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

Rovio answers me on twitter : coming soon other way to get shards (link in my previous message, awaiting modération).

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

So does anyone else apart from me have some issues with the countdown for the next free roll on your own golden pig machine? The GPM in the nest is stuck on 24 hours and does not count down :-/

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I like the clock on the pig machines so now we know when to log back in to get free spins. Another nice thing about the arena pig machine after the update is that if you get a set item, the item will be the quality of the highest league you’ve achieved. For example, I’ve made the diamond league in previous seasons, but currently I’m in the Stone league. Version 1.3.0 and earlier would have given me a Stone quality set item which is basically junk to me, but version 1.3.3 gave me a diamond quality level 52 set item. The 3 new sets are interesting, but I have no intention of spending any LC to get them.

Another change is that none of your banner items show that they came from a wheel spin anymore and all your emblems are now two stars. Basically they converted everything to levels for the emblems so your 3 star emblems are now 2 stars plus one level. Zero star items would have been converted to 2 star minus 2 levels. Max level for emblems is 52, but the only way to get a level 52 emblem was from a wheel spin because the max you could get from the pig machine was 3 stars which is the equivalent of level 51 if your birds were level 50 when you got it.

Anonymous

Guys, @partshade spot 3 new sets for Red, Chuck and Matilda (Other than Primal Power, Mana Shell and Cleansing Light). The new sets look pretty cool and those are:
    1.Red: Sword + Banner (The banner looks exactly like arena banner and also an emblem)
    2.Chuck: Nature Wand (I didn’t see the offhand)
    3.Matilda: Lotus Spectre + Lotus Orb
    I don’t know how those players got those set items, but we will see. And that means that set item production isn’t over.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

Somebody can tell me name of parts from new banners sets ?
    Thanks

@donewithpigs
    They are not legendary items. Look, please, at the photo, you will see that he faces much more low teams, without banners sets.
    Even the legendary sets are made incomplete. It is just about a bug, normally one face powerful teams.

Anonymous

@grimmjow If you don’t believe me, just look at https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/looks-like-matilda-has-a-new-set/
    That photos will show you exactly what I said.

Also, the new banner sets are Anger Management, Bird Bond and Pig Squire.

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

@killerkea,

I like the clock on the pig machines so now we know when to log back in to get free spins.

*Would* know, if it weren’t stuck on 24:00:00.

nother nice thing about the arena pig machine after the update is that if you get a set item, the item will be the quality of the highest league you’ve achieved. For example, I’ve made the diamond league in previous seasons, but currently I’m in the Stone league. Version 1.3.0 and earlier would have given me a Stone quality set item which is basically junk to me, but version 1.3.3 gave me a diamond quality level 52 set item.

It’s the opposite for me. I did a couple of spins today (due to a glitch I got an infinite loop of “a friend used your GP” updates… expected it would be my personal super-Rainbow Riot, after the real one was stolen from me by another glitch. Not with my luck, though). I got few set items, but even though the GP *looked* like diamond league, resulting items were still silver and weaker than platinum sets I got at the end of Season 3.

Before update, I haven’t got a single set item from free rolls on AGP, but regular items were properly diamond all the way during new season’s weeks.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@angryjohnny mine was stuck on 24 hours. I sent a request to Rovio now fixed.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@donewithpigs

I saw this topic. And I confirm what I said : it looks like not at all has legendary items !

Thank you but it is the name of each party which I need, not of the name of the set. Can you supply them to me ?

Anonymous

@grimmjow Anger Management: Angry Bird + Angry Wings
    Bird Bond: Linking Heart + Linking Threads
    Pig Squire: Valiant Head + Valiant Tapestry

Also

Red: Katana + Labarium are set items because: It really looks like an set, are new items and can’t be craftable.
    Chuck’s new item probably is craftable or not.
    Matilda: Lotus Spectre + Lotus Orb are set items cause: The items are new and the are the same, and because isn’t lokking too much craftable (35% chance to be craftable the weapon).

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic version 1.3.3 is going live

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 136 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.