About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 701 through 725 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I’m not a plant! Yes I have a cutesy bird name but I don’t cheat! :(

While I agree I get a lot of cutesy name players with lots of spells – real cheaters can be hidden among real avatars and names too, and it’s not impossible to encounter a Bird#12345 cheater since the game would STILL let you play with a name of that kind.

It’s just a fact people with spells usually get a better score outcome. It’s no different for me. Occasionally you’ll also see me using spells (though I’m trying to get away from that because I think that once you use spells for a better score, your opponents will just get worse and worse). But just because I use spells doesn’t mean I’m a plant. Usually I stick to using a duck and a chilli.

What I wanna say is, people with spells aren’t all cheaters, and the name does NOT tell whether one cheats or not, or how good or bad of a score one gets.

While I can confirm I see more players using spells in the Arena – I’ve also rarely had an opponent that got 2m points more than I did. The latest 3-spell opponent I only needed the free ad bird for, and I didn’t use spells myself.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I don’t think the cutesy name thing has anything to do with cheaters. The game gave us all the option of switching to goofy names a few weeks ago. I even switched to one myself. Unless you are connected to Facebook you are stuck with the bird avatar.(pretty sure on that). The way I spot cheaters is star levels that don’t line up with bird levels. For instance 7 star level, 11 level birds and 5 spells. Then they score 9 million on me and beat the brakes off of me. I’m highly suspicious of players who have only (4) birds or 5. I think they are cheaters or players Rovio created. I used to see more of these.

heybert17
    @heybert17

Right, I don’t think spell users are cheaters, or even cutesy names really. But the level 7 players with hugely outmatched birds can not be real players. I have also noticed every time I get to streak 3 in the Arena my opponent outmatches me just enough that even if I am almost perfect I still will probably lose. and if I have all 5 birds and my opponent just has all 6 I am toast, just the extra points they get for higher birds will usually give them a million points more no matter how well I play.

heybert17
    @heybert17

I have been paying extra attention to the players around me lately. When I went to sleep last night I was in first place by 10 stars in my Diamond League. This morning I am in 4th trailing by 30 stars in an all new league, not 1 single player from the league I was in last night. This is total BS.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

There are more cheaters now than ever. It’s an epidemic. Not surprised that Hank/Rovio responded to my question yesterday with crickets. When they removed the opportunity to back out of the matches they all but destroyed the game for us honest players. It was the one saving grace that always gave us a way around the frauds. I’m done with the Arena for the time being. I do like what they’ve done with the Daily Challenge. It’s still tough but much more doable than it used to be. I’m still playing campaign levels but some of them are borderline impossible without spending gems. I like tough and challenging but I’m not gonna give the cheaters any more of my energy. Finito.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

You can back out of the match and not lose a turn, Dwhite. It just breaks the winning streak.

heybert17
    @heybert17

Even though I am now way down in my league, I just had another first. I faced a player who was pretty much even with me in birds, he didn’t even make it to 500,000. Nice to have my first easy win in a long time.

hamvestor
    @james-simon

I had 370 gems a few minutes ago, having just won gold in the Amethyst League arena competition, and was promoted to diamond league, and my 300 gems suddenly disappeared. What gives? Has anyone had this happen to them?

This is on top of not getting any gems for winning a competition several weeks ago. This is really annoying…

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I lose my turn when I back out of matches. It’s 100%. I wish all I lost was the winning streak. I’m really not crazy about that anyways. Just means I face cheaters who score higher.

The constant leaderboard changes were driving me crazy too. This bug at the end of Arena matches needs fixed ASAP. It shows me ahead of my opponent and I get an extra bird. But in actuality I am behind. It’s really screwed up.

Somebody said a few months ago that this game was held together by string and duct tape. I think they might be on to something.

cognitive
    @cognitive

Since last week the Arena has turned impossible. I won 4 or 5 7 streaks the week before, 1 this week after 3 spells and 500 rubies. Basically #1 is usually a lame opponent (tho this week immediately after the secret fix I lost 5 #1 matches in a row) and beginning in #2 and definitely #3 it’s impossible. I have birds at 7, 6, 6, 6, 5, 5, 5 and keep getting matched even at #2 with people with 3-4 7’s and the rest 6’s and a couple of spells. Just defeated a 4 spell card cheater a bit ago.

In addition, running up the score is remarkably harder now, as most of my wins are 5-6 with the occasional 7. Even the (now rare) computer generated opponent is pretty “good”.

I don’t know if I should laugh or cry :)

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I wonder why different people get different experiences? Oh well, back into my dormant mode. Guess I had nothing else to contribute after all. Still, enjoy reading the comments. Especially the “Luck” topic.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I think we all have something to contribute here CaptStern. More than anything it’s like a fellowship for venting. I contribute pretty much zero on here and have accumulated 7 months of contributing zero. At times this is kind of like an online support group for those of us suffering from AB2 PTSD. AB2 Anonymous- a 12 step group for those suffering from the constant getting it up the a– from this game. Your observations and experience are very much appreciated by this guy.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

That is why my “leaving” wasn’t meant to be such a great deal as some thought it was, Dwhite. It wasn’t really leaving as much as just not posting comments very often, not really participating. Still enjoy the game and enjoy reading the comments.

kelshe
    @kelshe

@cognitive, when my birds were ranked lower I frequently was pitted against players with much higher rankings, usually with all of the spells. And I usually lost. Now it seems that I’m pitted against players who are similar to my ranking/star level. And I usually win. I still get, however, pitted against players who have a one or two star ranking, all the spells, with all birds at level 10 and even 11 or 12.? Of course, they’re cheaters. I usually don’t play those match-ups. I agree that it’s harder to run up the score now. I just beat a player by 2.2 million and got only 7 stars. That scoring margin used to be a 10. But other times I’ve won by only a couple hundred thousand and got 9 stars. So, there’s a big inconsistency of stars to score outcomes. I rarely get 10 stars now and the stars I do get seem tied to how far ahead I am from the player behind me and how far behind I am from the player ahead of me. Of course, this is only an anecdotal observation, not empirical proof, so I could be wrong about that. But it sure seems so. I do find myself using spells and gems now to win so I can get the feathers. I never used to use them but I want to win. So until the inequities are corrected I’ll use any advantage, short of cheating, to win. That includes spells, gems and glitches. The AB2 algorithms are sometimes your friend and sometimes they’re not.

hamvestor
    @james-simon

@hank, maybe you can help with this one. I had just won 300 gems placing first in the most recent Amethyst League competition, and had a total of 370 gems in the account overall, when 300 gems suddenly disappeared out of my account today. I hadn’t used any, so where did they go? I’ve had this happen before, but not so many disappeared at once. Any ideas where they went and how I can get this latest tranche back? Thanks!

Aeshna
    @aeshna

@cognitive – Last few days of the previous weeks arena I found exactly the same, majority of wins were 5 star and a couple 6 star.
    Also every player was playing spell cards and a lot were low level ranking but all had level 10 birds.

I’m giving AB2 a rest this week, hopefully I’ll be relegated. Normally by this time I’d have played at least 14 games. I’ve played 2 games. I just don’t care anymore.

heybert17
    @heybert17

I also lose a turn if I back out of a battle. Of course right now I can’t do anything, stuck on the log in screen, earlier it would not locate an opponent for me.

Saphira
    @kgeisler

@hank, I don’t know about heinousk and others who have commented on the crashing problem, but it’s been worse than ever for me since yesterday. I’ve been able to play exactly one match since the new arena tournament started yesterday. It has crashed all day today. I was able to play the DC however, so that was fun. Does Rovio know why this is happening? Do you think it will be fixed?

Kind Regards,

Saphira

kedik22
    @kedik22

@hank

Hi.
    Encountered a gamer named Harold with a 20 rating, showing no birds and no spells.
    AB2 crashed right before it started.
    Lost the free Arena ticket and no chance of video.
    Could you please specifically resolve or enlighten this issue?
    Thanks.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

Same outcome – crash, different player.

image.png

heybert17
    @heybert17

Been several hours now, all it does is freeze on the login screen. The loading bar fills but it never goes to the game, I have done everything but uninstall and try reinstalling the game. I don’t want to lose progress if it is going to be fixed. If I lose my progress I will just quit.

peligator
    @peligator

@hank
    When I reach 4 victories, I get the message : you’ve got blablablah and stay stuck at this stage. I cannot continue or even get out of this screen at all. I have to restart my phone.

Please help…

heybert17
    @heybert17

A complete re-install got me loading again, luckily I had connected to facebook because it wanted to start me back at the beginning but logging into facebook brought everything back. I knew it had to be there since I still had all my Achievements.

edit: What a welcome back. On my first battle I was facing an opponent I outranked, level and birds. I was down by 200,000 but I was so close to filling my meter I don’t see how I didn’t get an extra bird. So I wasted 60 gems to get what would be 4 birds. I couldn’t even get 200,000 so I lost, once again blue was complete useless to me, so I got 2 in the 4 birds.

heybert17
    @heybert17

Okay, this is getting ridiculous. I just faced someone I outmatched, they appear to be quite legit, I actually outmatched them by a lot. They won by over a million points. At least every other card they received was a spell, I rarely get spells in the Arena and have never seen someone get them this much. Towards the end of the match when I had 2 cards they still had 7 and I just had to watch as their cards flew by and their score left me in the dust.

kelshe
    @kelshe

I’ve had the same experience. Algorithms trump skill and feather rank yet again.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 701 through 725 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.