About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 576 through 600 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • hamvestor
    @james-simon

A few days ago I asked a question of the group and got no answer, so let me try a different way. I placed first in the Arena in the Emerald League by a substantial margin in the competition that ended on Saturday. I never received my 100 gems(?) for winning. In past competitions that I won, the reward came within a day. Is there someone who controls such things in admin? How do I inquire about this? Thanks for any help!

James/”Flight Eagle”

kedik22
    @kedik22

@james-simon
    Hamvestor, @bankler sometimes answers/fixes thing, or lets you know what to do.
    He is a great guy.

@captsternn

Yeah, the leader in my board has 306 stars.
    John a good player, have competed against him in the past.

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

@smwforever45 (Yoshi)
    You are exactly right about how the card drawing works. Thank you for helping other people out! Much appreciated.

@james-simon

There is some bug that causes the reward to not be given out sometimes. It’s a very high-priority one to get solved. Luckily, in most cases the reward seems to just get delayed. Still, it obviously needs to be fixed asap.

@kedik22

Thanks for the list. Regarding your questions, I take it you are not satisfied with the experience. I’m sorry for this. We’ll do our best to continuously improving the arena. I’ll give you some of my reflections looking at the list though.

– It’s not good that so few people are trying. We should try to implement something to prioritize more active players in the leaderboard matchmaking to get it more interesting and competetive.

– It makes me sad to see that you have three cheaters in your list.

– It makes me happy to see that these three cheaters for “some reason” :) don’t have competitive results any more, so that you can have a fair competition against John. At least I did something right.

All in all, things are at least moving in the right direction. No doubt, we still have work to do.

Regarding your birds leveling down from 9 to 8, that is really bad. I’m so sorry for this. Please contact me through PM if you want me to take a look at it (I need your facebook id in that case). You could also open up a CS ticket. Have anyone else experienced this?

Aeshna
    @aeshna

Rewards have just increased for winning the arena. In fact all prizes have gone up.

Diamond league is now 300 gems for 1st place.

hamvestor
    @james-simon

@bankler, thanks for the reply. I hope the bug gets fixed, because the arena competition was grueling — it was supposed to be 6 days, but the “one day remaining” message actually was repeated for several days, making the contest 8 or 9 days in duration — lots of work to win, and the result was no reward for all that work! Anyway, I’m a relative newcomer to all this, but enjoying it a lot. Thanks for your efforts.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@aeshna
    300 gems for 1st place in Amethyst, too.
    150 for 2nd, 75 for 3rd, 50 for 4th, 25 for 5th, 20 for 6th, 15 for 7th, 10 for 8th, 8 for 9th, 5 for 10th-12th.
    So basically, rewards have bee increased and all that stay in the league or rank up get them.

heybert17
    @heybert17

Part of their strategy is working, I just used 140 gems to make sure I won the 7th battle, luckily I never got put up against someone who outmatched me too badly, my final opponent had all level 5 birds, I only had 1 until I got the 500 feathers to upgrade my 2nd one.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@bankler

Hi.
    I really need this issue cleared up, in a very detailed way.
    It cost me dearly at Arena play.
    It feels or seems like someone is tinkering with my bird levels.

Sent you a friend request through this forum, ABN.
    If ABN doesn´t work, I can give you my FB flat out.

Kind regards.

heybert17
    @heybert17

I have to say, I have really lost a lot of my desire to play the Arena since the update. Sure, I get to play a few more times, but get beat a lot more times.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

What Rovio give with one hand (increased arena gems) they take away with the other.

Arena tickets are now 99 gems for 3, up from 80.

Remember when one extra go was 12 gems not so very long ago.

Extra goes to keep your run alive have also gone up. Was 60 then 80 gems. It is now 60 then 120 gems.

I did think Rovio were being more generous with the prizes on the 15 minute chests, prizes for 7 wins in a row, more and increased arena league gems and DC chests.

Looks like Rovio thought the same and are now tightening up.

cognitive
    @cognitive

“Diamond league is now 300 gems for 1st place.” I’m about to list my kidney on Ebay for feathers :). It’s going to be ugly this weekend!

Thanks Rovio, this set of changes has really changed for the better.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

I understand opponents in the arena are random BUT why should players have to face to same opponent again while trying to put seven wins in a row together.

I had an opponent with all birds at bronze playing five spell cards. I am a mix of 7,8 and bronze. I played five spell cards to match them as I was at room 4. Anything lower and I would have tried without spell cards but I wanted to keep run going.

I won 7,700,000 to their 7,100,000

When I got to room six I had the same opponent in the same setting (ice world). This time they trashed me 5,600,000 to their 7,100,000.

To me I should not have had to play them again (in that run) as I already beaten them.

@cognitive
    – both of mine are already on eBay to pay for my ‘arena habit.’ Off now for another fix!

kedik22
    @kedik22

@bankler

Hi.
    Sent you a PM with requested info.
    Regards.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Wow, I just went from being in first place with 591 stars (closest follower was a player at 465) to third (top player is someone called “Raven Birdson” who just came out of nowhere with 1039 stars within 2 hours)…

Did I switch leagues or something…

Aeshna
    @aeshna

Raven Birdson didn’t get 1039 stars within two hours, they’ve been grinding away since the new arena began.

You have been bumped to another league, like I was yesterday and today. I have been in at least a dozen leagues.

Raven Birdson has been spending money since the new arena on Saturday night. They spent four hours playing AB2 when it was Red’s turn to receive feathers today. They have then spent another two hours playing this afternoon. They have spent at least £4.00 on gems every day. They had several arena cards carried over from yesterday. Raven Birdson will be playing again in 10 minutes to try and win another 7 in a row.

No player in Raven Birdson’s league has 591, nearest player is a Russian with 589.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Thanks @aeshna, so possibly winning in the arena is random too? Why would I bother playing to achieve stars and an apparent win, when in a split second I could be blipped to another league where I’m the loser? #FAIL

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I think somebody knows who Raven Birdson is. heh

Aeshna
    @aeshna

@djlarryt – I have asked on the forum several times about being bumped around leagues but never any answer. Other players has stated the same bug.

It is frustrating to be bumped. I was well ahead in my league then I found myself second in another. I’m not sure if this is to ‘encourage’ players to spend to regain their first place.

I do know that Raven Birdson thinks Rovio have made feathers too obtainable and the 500 for 7 wins will be withdrawn or made harder to achieve, they’ve already increased cost of arena entries and paying to continue a round. I’ve found Out of seven straight wins, you will usually get two opponents who play 5 spell cards.
    By playing a few spell cards yourself these players are beatable. If you can clear one or two or sometimes three of the first three rooms with spell cards, you will receive spell cards back leaving you with a stronger hand. I am also surprised at the number of opponents who only reach around 2,500,000 points with 7 cards. I don’t know if Rovio are choosing weaker scorers.

That said, everyone’s experience of AB2 is different. I’ve given up with the DC, it is a waste of time and effort for me.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

@captsternn – Raven Birdson is a great name! I believe they will be playing (and spending) to achieve all level 9 birds this week. I understand Raven Birdson has torn a muscle in their back and can do very little (but play AB2) with a lot of free time.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Sorry to hear about their back, Aeshna. I had a couple of good rounds today, made it to level seven twice and won one of them. Thing is that I wasn’t gettin people with all level 9 birds and five spells. I am in 2nd place in my group at the moment. My birds are already level 9, but that is rather hollow since I didn’t really earn it.

LOL I just played against somebody called Dookey Biggles. I wonder how these nicknames are generated and if they are repeated or unique?

Edit: Make that three times today and twice to get the 500 feathers. Playing straight, no unfair advantages (other than having all level 9 birds). Only two players brought spells, and each only brought two spells. Most had two or three birds at level 8 with the rest being level 9.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

Thanks Captain.

I find watching the opponents bird line up to be thrown is interesting. After a couple of rounds you loose track. Many, many times the opponents first bird will not clear the screen, surely they must have played enough to know that or are their first three birds all not suitable?

Regarding the nicknames – there’s some good ones around. I would imagine there’s duplicates though.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

duplicate post :/ deleted

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Maybe, Aeshna. I know sometimes I make a serious flub with my first bird or two, and if it is two I usually lose the round. With making one bad throw I can almost always make up for it.

Dookey Biggles was just too funny. I only write “LOL” in a comment when it is literal. That one made me laugh.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@bankler

Hi.
    Just following up on the case of my downgraded birds.
    Regards.

hamvestor
    @james-simon

@bankler, I still have not received the gems, etc. for my 1st place in the Emerald League competition which ended last Saturday. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks much!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 576 through 600 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.