About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 526 through 550 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

Excuse my ignorance. I don’t understand. I get a free ticket for winning a game don’t I? Don’t seem to get anything for watching a video.

Or am I wrong?

Very very confusing.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I am not sure how this is working or if we are just not communicating properly. I was just able to play the arena again, won the first round and got a ticket. Then watched the video and played two more rounds, three total.

The first couple of rounds were no problem as opponents were equal, though it does seem to have become more difficult as I am not crushing them the way I was before. Third round the player had all level 9 birds and two spells. I didn’t stand a chance.

I will get one more shot at the arena this evening and I am going to experiment a little. I have read that if I back out and don’t accept the battle I lose my turn, I have also read that I can back out and still play but the winning streak is lost. I am going to find out in three hours, especially if the opponent is somebody I have no chance against. Could be very interesting.

And I am still stuck on level 583.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Let us know Capt. Looking forward to hearing you share your experience later.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@captsternn
    Oh you’re talking about getting tickets from winning too. True, for the first win in a streak you get a ticket too. Then it’s three indeed. I was leaving that out since I don’t always start streaks from zero. I often take breaks of a few hours then continue with my streak.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Ok so communication problem. Glad that was figured out. But, Yoshi, do you get a free play from watching the video even if you don’t win a ticket? So far I have even when I was getting to the 7th level and 500 feathers.

Dwhite, I will report back after I give it a try, whenever that may be. I am thinking there might be a way to exploit this update for more stars in the arena. Not sure if I want to share that thought or fact if it turns out to be a fact. Not publicly anyway. :)

Forgot about the chest every 30 minutes. Checked it and got … yeah, that, a chili. But hey, I have two blizzard spells now so I am not feeling so left out. LOL

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Capt, I love the Nest. I really love the fellowship,sharing rants and killing time. Often times we are each other’s shoulder to cry on. With that being said I’m not so sure I would share publicly any ideas which exploit weaknesses in the game. Rovio shuts most of these down as soon as they find out. I wish the Nest offered a private message section.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

If what I think is possible, Dwhite, I will probably provide you and Yoshi with an email address to contact me. And David.

Edit: Well, I just clicked on your profile and my own. Email address is available, at least for me. But I never check that email account so you will have to let me know if I should.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@captsternn @dwhite40704
    There IS a private messaging system on ABN. You have to be friends on the forum (simply go to each other’s profiles, select “Send Friendship Request”, then the other gets a notification and can accept or decline), then you can go to each other’s profiles and choose “Private Message”. Simple :)

And no, I only get a ticket from watching an ad. Always. I don’t get a free play in addition to the ticket.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Thanks Yoshi!!! Still learning.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

CaptStern: I just tried backing out of an arena match. I lost my winning streak and free turn. Then I tried it on my free match I get for watching ad and lost turn. This is a game changer and an epic fail forcing players to play blatant cheaters. My opponent both times had all level 9 birds and star rankings below 10 plus 5 spells. This update had some really cool stuff but this is a black eye as far as I’m concerned. Cheater leading my league by 2,000 points just to put the cherry on top. I quit the arena once before because of Rovios love and favor for cheaters and I’m getting closer to doing it again.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

First or second opponent maybe a serious player but the third one is always a sucker with five spell cards where you have no Chance to win.
    Even if we win more gems, buying those cards is still damn expensive.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

While I think winning 500 feathers with 7 straight wins will be near impossible without spending, that said, I’m now 4 straight wins and no opponents playing spell cards!

Aeshna
    @aeshna

I stand corrected.

7 opponents, 7 not playing spell cards.

image.png

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

You are lucky, the best I got was winning two games in a row before meeting a 5-card idiot

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

Yup I get two straight forward opponents for the first two arena opponents but then either go 3 or 4 is against someone using all spells and all level 7/8 birds (mine are level 6).

Well done Rovio

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Well I got part of my answer today, it is possible to get four plays in one go. Win the first round and get a card then watch the video. Lose the second round and start the winning streak over and win that round and get another card. In my fourth round I had one of “those” people with all level 8 birds and several spells, so I backed out. Broke the winning streak but I couldn’t test if I still had a play. I clicked on it and got the arena, but I forgot I had “purchased” a lot of free entries during my experimenting.

The cheaters may not be hacks but they are taking advantage of the way the game is programmed. I have a thread started about it. I already had first place locked up by the time I applied the update, second place still hasn’t managed to beat what I had at that time. I think this method worked before the update anyway. Hopefully Mr. Bankler will get in touch with me and find a way to fix this.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I feel a bit let-down. I was just gonna go to my Nest to collect my 100 gems for winning and advancing to the next league. Several times now, the game has returned a Connection Error despite excellent WiFi at my house. Only a few minutes ago I was still playing in the Arena. What is going on?!?

EDIT: Never mind, a hard reset did the trick. Advanced to Amethyst!
    There’s a LOT of people with a name and avatar in my league, more than in the previous ones where I saw a lot of anonymous players.
    If you ever see “Wobbly Feathers” with a Blues avatar – is me. :P

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

The AB2 weirdness just struck again. I was in 3rd place in my arena league behind 2 blatant cheaters who were thousands ahead of me. After trying and failing to connect to arena, I came here and saw Yoshi’s comment so I then did the same. It worked and said I finished 1st giving me 100 gems. Not complaining. Perhaps Rovio knows who cheats and will stop rewarding them. Perhaps during the failure to connect it gave me a false reward. I have 26 gold medals from a failure to connect about 3 months ago. In actuality I’ve only about a dozen. Oh well…..

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I am Blast Sparrow, Yoshi. First name that the game suggested. But that is Captain Blast Sparrow if anybody should ask. ;)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@dwhite40704
    I have six gold medals – just as it should be. Despite the connection failures.

@captsternn

Ok! I’ll have a lookout for you guys once I’m at Diamond. One more week!

Aeshna
    @aeshna

I have 13 bronze medals due to connection failures, it’s irrelevant in the scheme of things. More medals were obtained because Rovio did not play test the game. I gave a full explanation on here on how players were ending up with numerous medals.

Before the medals were introduced, I had 28 1st places next to my name. That’s irrelevant too and everybody’s 1st places were deleted by Rovio when they changed the score system. No doubt the medals will be replaced in time.

In my opinion – Medals are like selfies on Facebook, for vanity.

Turkey Maverick
    @turkeymaverick

Hi i just started playing AB2 7 weeks ago ive notice 4 of 7 weeks ive been moved to another leauge it happen today with 12 hrs left ,, i was 1st with 285 second was on 255 now second only has 12 was enjoying just hanging onto my win is daimond so any help to stop this? Or is possible to change and how. Thz

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

1. How do I change the display name on my avatar?

2. How do I STOP getting Matilda rewards in the Arena consecutive win challenge? I’ve played it 3 times through now (let’s not talk about the # of attempts, though). First time, boosted Blues. 2nd time, boosted Matilda. 3rd time, Matilda again, now she’s level 9. Started it for a third time and it’s still Matilda feathers. Tried botching the streak to start it over and it’s STILL Matilda.

Is this based on the day like the DC is?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@djlarryt
    1. If you are connected to FB, you’ll have to change your FB name I think.
    If you’re not, tap your nickname at the left and let the game generate another one.

2. It’s dependent on the day. Tomorrow you’ll get feathers for a different bird.

cognitive
    @cognitive

I actually played against a 3 card miracle and only lost by 200k points. Could have won it. The new format is a bit more fair (now that I have 5 birds @ 5 :)) but I often get matched with people with all level 4 birds. Whoops. Their bad.

Got a 6 streak going and lost #7 to the 3 card dude above. I’ve stashed about 15 tickets so far. But I made Gravity Grove in the actual game which I absolutely love.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 526 through 550 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.