About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 3,226 through 3,250 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • Saphira
    @kgeisler

No problems with black pearls for me. You should submit a support ticket.

Xora
    @exora

i found some of player rank 105, but the flock power only 330+?

arent it seems weird? perhaps a cheater? or hacking?

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Just got the biggest screw job ever. I was on round 10 of 10 in the streak, and got matched up with a guy who had FP 34 higher than mine, plus all spells. Not a big deal, figured I might have to spend 60 gems, but I’d do that for a legendary chest.

His final score was over 100 million, which I don’t see how it is possible. I finished with 40 million, and was not going to spend 4-5 continues at least to just get a chest. Just how the heck can someone with a FP that is not much higher than mine, score more than double what I do? Seems like he got 8-10 million per bird (I was lucky to get 3-4 and often around 2 despite clearing most rooms with 1 bird or two when absolutely necessary), and he also got a video bird at the very end.

I almost threw the phone across the room I was so ticked off.

Xora
    @exora

@aggieguy i rather force quit than fooling myself facing a player who had FP higher than me, with all 5 spells.

i started to feel unfairness, so i rather not battling than end up regret.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

@exora You should always try the match. Sometimes you’ll win even without using spells or gems. I assume it is because the opponent had a bad game. I beat a guy earlier today who was 41FP higher than mine and had 4 spells. Won by about 100,000 points with nothing extra except the video bird. If the game gets out of hand and it is obvious that I will lose, I’ll just quit and start a new match back at the beginning.

Xora
    @exora

@aggieguy its all depends if they aint using stupid cheats, cheaters  are everywhere.

Psygaz
    @psygaz

I made a decision that has changed the way I feel about the game. I realised that all my frustration comes from the Arena, its blatant unfairness and how the probability balance has changed. It’s a game that’s designed to make you lose.

So I’ve been playing the arena in non-competetive mode. I don’t care where I’m placed in the league or even which league I’m in – I battled hard to get back into Legendary last week and am now placed 10th so will be demoted again but it doesn’t matter to me. I’ll play when I feel like it and gather whatever rewards I get, particularly feathers. And if I lose then I lose.

Sanity restored. I can now enjoy the rest of the game more – apart from that miserable hatchling thing but that’s a different story.

CappyP5240
    @cappyp5240

I made that same decision a while back. I play the arena when my daily quest needs 25 stars (and I have since found away around that) and then just for fun with no spells. Like you, no biggy if I lose or drop in league. I always will play to try and get apples on second level but other than that, I avoid the Arena. I am also pretty much stay away from the Tower of Misfortune as I can’t get past floor 10 without getting 2 pigs and will NOT chance getting the 100 gem pig. Last 3 days have lost 70 gems by floor 6. F’ing money grabbing Rovio. I can’t see how people make it to floor 20 let alone floor 60 unless you have cheated and have 100,000 gems.

My sanity is slowly returning as well.

Saphira
    @kgeisler

@cappyp5240

I usually get a couple of pigs by floor 10, but once in a while, maybe once a week or every two weeks, I have much better luck and only get a pig about once in every 10 floors. Those are the days I make it to floor 30 or 40, once even to 55. I pay gems the first few times, until I don’t have enough to cover another pig. Then I play until I hit one more pig and use the video option. I rarely have more than a thousand gems, so I have used the video in place of paying 400 or 800 gems. After floor 30, you get way more out of the TOF than you put into it. Hundreds of gems and black pearls, thousands of feathers, many spells. You should just try it day after day until you hit one of the lucky days. I like the new FF button.

CappyP5240
    @cappyp5240

Thanks for sharing that info Saphira. I’ve been playing for a couple of years and only made it past floor 25 once I think and that cost me over 800 gems. I can’t afford to lose gems like that. So now I stop when I get 2 pigs (again, usually by floor 6) as paying back Rovio any more gems than absolutely necessary is no longer an option. I buy the daily letter for 70 gems a day but that is wasted immediately in the TOF by floor 10 and then no loot to show for it. I also have not seen the video option yet in my TOF.

Saphira
    @kgeisler

It’s too bad you aren’t getting the video option. I didn’t get it either for the first 6 or 7 months, and then after one of the updates I suddenly started getting it. It has made a huge difference, and it is ridiculous that some people get it and others don’t! You know, I almost quit today because I hit 2 pigs before floor 10, but I kept going because I wanted the new submarine hats. I got much luckier and made it to floor 45, using the video in place of 800 gems. So, I hit 6 pigs. I got 3 hats and missed 2, and got over 1200 gems after paying 770. Even if I did not have the video option and had stopped after the 400 gem payment, it still would have been worth it.

ZoomRhonda
    @rhonda90402

@kgeisler

I have never received a video option in the tower  and wish I did, but do I do get 105 gems a day with the gem letter.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@rhonda90402, video option bug is so common that Rovio either don’t know how to fix it or just don’t care in hopes that players end up using jewels… and money to buy them.

How do you get 105 gems daily?! I get just 70 daily for 30 days.

ZoomRhonda
    @rhonda90402

@rawdatasystems

I read somewhere that it was a special deal for a certain timeframe but it was awhile ago and I don’t recall the details.  I am not sure if I pay more than those that get only 70 only either.

Edited to add: If you look st Jo Ha’s response here (thanks Jo Ha!) you will find the answer…. https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/gem-letter/

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Thanks for the link. The post don’t mention “time frame” and I have to say, I’ve never seen the any other “frame” either. At least not in these little over hundred days I’ve been playing.

ZoomRhonda
    @rhonda90402

@rawdatasystems

I think I was just lucky to buy the gem letter then but it was way over 100 days ago..maybe twice that or more.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Good to know. I thought perhaps it was only shortly available while my Gem Letter being active just prevented me to see the offer.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

The arena is back to being absolute BS.  I have lost 17 matches in a row, most by less than 10,000 points, one by less than 500.  Twice I was slaughters by people who’s FP was well below mine.

Of course then there is the match where all I needed was one bird to knock over almost anything, but what do I get, Blue and everything is stone.  Has happened 3 times.

Guy with a FP 50 points below mine ended up with 52 million to my 31.  I never wasted a bird, cleared most rooms with 1 and the rest with 2.

I truly think purchased birds must count because at the end after he threw his last bird, he got an extra bird NOT from maxing out the destruction meter (obviously the video bird) and then got three more, followed by another thanks to the destruction meter.

All this was round 1 so none were using spells.

Finally had to use 3 spells just to win one match by 7 million.  I will not pay gems to win round 1.

Good thing I’ve got 335 arena tickets, but I think I better stop playing for a few days before I break the phone.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@aggieguy, maybe it’s because of Super Streak Week, but I find Arena so much “effed up” that I rarely play now. Taking it easier is good. If for nothing else, just to preserve my sanity and hardware.

Currently, playing in Arena is just like being stupid enough to take part in 3 Card Monte on street. You know you’re taken to a ride, but you keep hoping the next round will be different…

garethw
    @garethw

@aggieguy @rawdatasystems

Agree – tbh Rovio have fcuked up big time imho.

I haven’t got past level 2 this week in the arena. Ridiculous things like Terrence bouncing straight back at 180 degrees from a block of wood etc.

Am I going to spend gems to advance to level 2 or 3 of course I’m not.

Ill give the arena a go or two a day and that’s it now.

Back along you could do a super streak in one hit if you were good, maybe around level 5 or 6 you’d have to spend 60, and maybe once or twice later on (but sometimes not). Though a few thousand feathers don’t make much difference when you need 30000 per bird to advance.

The grift continues in the daily challenge and the tower of misfortune. I have just two of the submarine hats and haven’t even got past level 1.

Rovio through their wicked avarice have killed the game for me.

I was reasonably happy to pay maybe £10-20 a month to restock gems and advance. But a month or two back I decided they’d killed the golden goose as far as I was concerned and they wouldn’t get a penny more from me.

The only real interest left is the boot camp and trying to get more than 19 coins a day.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Really sick and tired of losing because there is a pig which is impossible to reach except perhaps with 1 bird, usually Chuck or Matilda, as it is out of range of everything else. I was up by 20 million and came to a room where I used every single bird left, 5 total, and could not kill the final pig because of where Rovio put him from the beginning. Only thing that could have gotten him was a perfect shot by Chuck across the entire room, Mighty Eagle, or a chili.

Ended up losing by 5 million.

Pomme
    @pomme

Though my nephew has heard me complain and knew I quit playing after all of these years, he insisted on playing. He’s been playing 3 months? Maybe 4. He’s in the Silver league. He spent all of his birthday money on the TOF when he first started. Since then he has become increasingly disgusted. His frequent, They do cheat., has become a frequent litany. This afternoon I watched him try and make a full streak using a full set of spells each time even though he frequently outranked the other player. No matter which bird, nothing would fall. I played one game for him and nothing worked. Glass wouldn’t break. Wood wouldn’t splinter. He played the last one and was outranked by 40. He used a full set of spells. Free bird. And bought gems. Last time it was 720. Full on hit with Terence on a micro pig. Bounced off. He was less than 100 from winning. Next gem amount was 1,700 something. He sat there for a minute. And deleted the game. I was very proud of him.

Xora
    @exora

im currently in the legendary league, before this i ranked 2nd place which has a larger gap from the player in 1st place (score over than 400). and the next day i see myself ranked 1st, while that player has gone from the list.

i wonder what happens to that player, i assume that person has deleted the game or gotten banned.

Buster
    @doulgas

Same thing happened to me this week in legendary. Sitting at #3, hundreds of points behind the leaders (and this was on Monday!). Then, presto, they disappeared and left me in 1st place. But only for a day. They were back by Wed.

IHateThisName
    @ihatethisname

Hold on, how do you get a 10 streak? Can someone please show me a screenshot? I don’t see that in Emerald League.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 3,226 through 3,250 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.