About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 2,851 through 2,875 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • ZoomRhonda
    @rhonda90402

@katydid

Like you I am about to delete the the app and not play the new game that is coming out soon…..that is just my compliment to what you wrote…they do this all the time..they ruined Angry Birds GO when Angry Birds 2 came out and now they have another new game coming out soon..it is all a ruse….so I forget the new one’s name but have seen plenty of ads on Angry Birds 2…I won’t be signing up for that one and suggest others do the same…Their greed has come full circle.

ZoomRhonda
    @rhonda90402

@cognitive

I am in the vanilla league for the longest time and it has become harder and harder and I just don’t try and so they are shooting themselves in the rear on this one…..In fact friends in the Diamond league still have an easier time than me being in the vanilla league….What does that tell you?

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

You will be missed if you leave, Rhonda. But again, if it isn’t fun, what would be the point in keeping at it?

This Angry Birds Evolution is just Angry Birds Epic. It is already out and there is a forum here on the Nest for it. At least that is what I find on the Google search. Epic is said to be the beta version. Looked at it, don’t think I will be participating on that one.

Then again, isn’t AB2 a beta version, ongoing, and with every new update? Seems like it anyway.

ZoomRhonda
    @rhonda90402

@captsternn

I am sure I will keep playing ….just not as much maybe. I hope they fix the problems soon!

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Two other things I’ve noticed lately.

Not only am I getting matched up with people who have flock power 30+ of what I do, but I can almost always annihilate them without spells.  It used to be the max was around 20 or so.

However, when I play against someone who has a flock power 20 or more below mine, I have absolutely no chance of beating them, even if they don’t use spells.  They run away with the game from the beginning and usually beat me 2-1 or 3-1.

cognitive
    @cognitive

That’s because of manipulation, plain and simple. Rovio’s interested in players using up their infinite acquired spells so they make the game much tougher.

AB2 is much harder today than it was before the upgrade, in terms of level complexity, immortal pigs, etc.

Katydid
    @katydid

Well I haven’t deleted the game yet, but did get a response to my second request for help. Rovio deposited 400 gems in my meager funds and said they were aware of the problem and were working to fix the issue.   As to the game closing they suggested I uninstall and reinstall the game. If I uninstall the game I won’t be reinstalling it. I’ll let you know if I hear anything more.

desperados
    @desperados

Arena is going good lol again in a dead league with players 0 medals and 4 birds…i’ll get my fifth gold medal this week.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

You’re lucky.  My league as usual is half a dozen or so people with 200-500 stars in less than a day.  One has earned another 100 stars in the past 10 minutes.  Either some people have no life and play this game 12+ hours a day, every single day, non-stop, buy countless arena entry tickets, or they cheat.

I can no longer win any match it seems.  Last 5 attempts I have been outscored by a minimum of 10 million and once by over 30 million and none used any spells.  Two I basically had parity in flock power, one was 27 ahead of me, and two were well below me. The one who was 21 below me is the one who beat me by over 30 million.

The funniest one was the guy who was 27 FP ahead of me must have purchased several continues because he never seemed to run out of birds.  I was actually beating him most of the match, and then all of a sudden he just started pouring out endless birds and I watched my lead become a massive deficit of which I was not going to spend gems to overcome.

I am sick of the mystery points brigade suddenly earning 10-20 million with their last bird, every single flipping time.

Getting closer and closer to uninstalling this game.  It has really lost its appeal.  I’m not asking to win every match, but I’d like to at least have a chance to win without having to use all 5 spells and multiple continues.

desperados
    @desperados

yeah it gets annoying to play in dead leagues for more than 1 month now,i don’t know many players are playing in this dead leagues but it’s weird i always happened to be place in one of those leagues for more than 1 month so i play less i can win the week with 50 starts but still i’d prefer some challenge just for fun i’m good for 1000+ star opponents.

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

So question, how does matching work for your battles? Is it based on flock power? Slingshot? Average score? @hank?

I think it’s generally slingshot level, then FP, but seems sometimes get paired with someone with a different slingshot level. Doesn’t seem to matter much if you know what you are doing, you could have a good game or a bad game.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

That is a good question that I’ve been asking myself several times lately.
    I took screenshots every time, I got matched to someone with a higher power and/or using spells.
    So far I took 7 screenshots and 5/7 it was the last game of a winning streak when I got matched to opponents with spells. The sixth game was at game six, seventh is at game 5 (for 500 feathers).

Beginning from 5. of june, if you are interessted, here are the matches: (Me : opponent ; flock power)
    429 : 404 (duckies, chillie and ME), 7th game
    429 : 436 (duckies, blizzard and chillie), 7th game
    429 : 370 (blizzard, green pump and ME), 7th game (this one was just ridiculously uneven)
    429 : 370 (duckies and green pump), 6th game (ironically the same player as the previous one)
    450 : 463 (duckies), 5th game
    455 : 476 (duckies), 7th game
    455 : 476 (duckies), 7th game (also again the same player as the previous one)

While I play a lot in the arena, players with spells are still quite rare, but I can definitely say, that it occurs only in games where you might be willing to pay gems. Also most of those games weren’t actually a real challenge, it seems to be intended by Rovio, that we get matched up with stronger opponents at the end of winning streaks. However they match me with players with a much lower flock power.

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

Yes I agree, I find it gets more challenging as your streak increases. I feel it has a +/- range for the FP, starting at 20 and going up to 70? I feel there are a lot of factors, that may be weighted differently.

I always get the same slingshot, but my friend is getting opponents with different slingshots, it’s got him annoyed as it’s constantly players with a higher FP. I tell him it doesn’t matter as much, just do well, but he seems to be having a terrible time of it lately.

Streak 2: 272 to 291 and their slingshot is 1 level higher.
    He lost then
    Streak 1: 274 to 293 and their slingshot is 1 level higher.

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

Actually thinking about it the matching is probably a percentage of your range based on FP with a preference for your slingshot type matching, with that preference increasing as your sling level increases?

So streak 1 would be like +/- 10% of your FP, streak 2 would be +/1- 15% of your FP, etc.

I read somewhere in this forum the run’s score doesn’t count towards matching, I assumed it would be a percentage of your average score, same as FP, with you going up against harder weighted runs as your streak increases.

And then some kind of combo of this, with different variables having different weights, would help determine matching. Unsure how spells factor, I assume just added to FP when calculating?

Der Alte
    @rdh91007

As far as match ups are concerned, perhaps you might remember thst you are not plsying agsinst the matched player snd flock, but against a game that has already been played.

Flock strength is not a measure of player skill or the results of the gsme you sre being matched against.

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

Yes you are playing against a recorded run, but I feel that FP is part of how matching is determined. I’m not sure if you are matched against their skills or score, just their stats.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

What difference to the matchmaking does it make if you take into account that you play a recording?
    There are some facts about players that are evaluated every time to hit the button to play. Slingshot level and flock power are two of the obvious, I personally don’t think, that the actual score is relevant to the match-making. I had opponents scoring only around 10 Mio. and opponents with nearly 30 Mio – if the score was actually taken into account, this shouldn’t happen, should it?
    I also don’t think that your personal score (even the average) is taken into account – same reason as before.

With my flock power I realize, that I face the same opponents again and again… seriously, I sometimes know my opponents score, because I know the recording. I also know, what birds I get next, because it is always the same, always! I can change the way I play, but if I manage to fling my birds exactly the way I flung them the other time, I will hit exactly the same score over and over again against this particular opponent.
    (Talking about randomness: I always have the same order of birds and always get the same birds from the destructometer!)

desperados
    @desperados

Some same opponents always score the same…played 3 times with the same player it scored the same at each match and i always get the same card displacement for the level that i’m playing again…so far opponents without spells are easy to beat most of the time…to try it i throw 6 birds to the air without hitting anything and use other birds normally and i still beat the opponent…for those coming with 3 spells have unique facebook avatars and they score high mostly 45m+

Katydid
    @katydid

They have time to put out new levels, but not to fix the Facebook glitch?

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

New levels are easy, generated from templates and they have a whole bunch done up in advance. The glitch needs to wait for the next update that we have to download, which will probably be a month or so still.

ZoomRhonda
    @rhonda90402

@katydid

You answered your own question….fixing our glitch doesn’t make them any money…It is Angry Birds GO! all over again….Yes, I sound like a broken record….but it is true!  LOL

Katydid
    @katydid

Rhonda it is all about the money. I realize they are a business and need to make money, but somewhere in the process the customers should count or they will end up with out any customers and no profits!

ZoomRhonda
    @rhonda90402

@katydid

I am totally 100% in your corner but have seen this so much with Rovio I said what I said…..If they only knew how we support them through our play I would be happy…but they don’t so I find it hard to say anything good about them…but I like you and I hope we are friend son other games…if you want to be a friend you know where to find me!

Katydid
    @katydid

Rhonda I have been shopping for some other games but so far I haven’t found anything if you do let me know

Katydid
    @katydid

Playing the game alone and throwing away gifts sucks! Until it is fixed I won’t be playing much! Give us a break! Surely one of your programmers can fix the glitch while some of your faithful customers keep trying to play….I think if it isn’t fixed soon many of us will find other games to play!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 2,851 through 2,875 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.