ABGo.!!! Challenges:!! How far you are.!!

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum ABGo.!!! Challenges:!! How far you are.!!

Viewing 25 replies - 1,201 through 1,225 (of 3,427 total)
  • Replies
  • platium
    @platium

hi @alcusto @dbkraemer

in the weekly tournamen, i had gotten 1st butthe prize is only 8 gems. not worth it in my opinion!

Arus73
    @alcusto

Thanks @dbkraemer and @platium
    I finally managed to pass this evil challenge without power-ups. My strategy was to pull out from the sling a little before the Go! thus causing my kart to spin once. That way I was right in the middle of the two punks and I could bump on them and push them out of my way.
    I noted that this way it was much better because I didn’t let them build up enough speed to easily pass me on the side. I would then zap them with the thunder at the 1st turn which I noted was the usual place they were using for passing me.

Arus73
    @alcusto

New version released on Friday 10th for iOS!!
    I would be grateful if all our fellow iOS racers out there could have a look and tell us all the changes they can find!

dbkraemer
    @dbkraemer

Hi @alcusto – I haven’t seen any changes yet. Ususally when the update says “We addressed some minor issues…” it is mostly behind the scenes stuff.

I think we desperately need a new track :) I believe the one year anniversary of the release of AB Go! is December 13th. Maybe they’ll give us an actual update then…?

Arus73
    @alcusto

Hi @dbkraemer thanks! I have been pushing hard Rovio for bringing us some changes and they were promising an update with more lucky boxes with gems. You should also see an increased number of gems for completing challenges, do you? Maybe you can find out by playing some races. What about the cost of power-ups? Is it still the same?

dbkraemer
    @dbkraemer

@alcusto – That all sounds good, but I don’t think that was what this update was about. I am still getting one gem for completing challenges, the cost for the powerups is the same, and I haven’t seen a Lucky Box in a while. I did get 15 gems for winning the weekly tournament, rather than 8 gems. OK, I didn’t really win, I logged out of Facebook because the real winner in my group this week was @angryde, but I couldn’t give him the satisfaction of knowing he beat me… oops…I guess the cat’s out of the bag now… :)

Anyway, I hope that they do give us an update sooner than later, but I really want a new track, not just better prizes…

dbkraemer
    @dbkraemer

@abgofast, @philhayler, @nacho18, @platium, @wazemank, @grimmjow, @angryde, @alcusto, @aftarquino, @abgoria, @kamenev-spbgma

Slowly but surely I am advancing in my second round. I am up to 250 challenges completed. And due to my strategy of better kart tuning, I have not yet had to skip any challenges, so my cost is still 10 gems :)

Stats so far:

50-50-50-50-50 = 250

I am trying to methodically go through one challenge from each type for each track and then repeat. This way it keeps it interesting while we wait for a new track.

And I hope a new track comes soon (are you listening Rovio? Don’t forget about Go!). I miss the updates and strategies from all of you. And I miss hearing from our Fearless Leader. I hope things are going better for you @nacho18, my friend :)

See you all on the (new) track!

Arus73
    @alcusto

Thanks @dbkraemer, I am too missing the updates from all our fellow racers. I especially miss our fearless leader @nacho18. It was his energy alone who was bringing all of us together.

angryde
    @angryde

@dbkraemer @alcusto

Hey lads.

It always gives one the warm fuzzies… feeling missed. Feeling like your erudite and ever-witty contributions are PROPERLY appreciated. Wait, you WERE referring to ME, weren’t you..!?! ;)

D’oh!

My progress on AB Go has been pathetic at best… a few more gems, a few more challenges. Much like my progress on Epic. My Xbox and a few new second-hand titles have been absorbing much of my ‘wasted time’ time of late…

I’m still lurking, ever amused, inspired and appalled by our collective lack of life/RW friends, etc. ;)

Oh, and I need to cane DB on the weekly challenge every now and then… just to remind him that his arch nemesis still abides, watching, waiting, stalking… biding his/my time… Mmwwaahhaahhaahhaa!! ;)

Arus73
    @alcusto

@angryde of course we were referring to YOU, lol! Welcome back bro.

Arus73
    @alcusto

@abgofast @wazemank
    Hi lads, how are you doing? Are you still playing this game now and then?
    Sounds like a new version is coming very soon on Android. Today the page in Play was showing the date of latest version as 28 October even if the version number is still the 30 July one (1.4.3). Maybe the correct version will pop up very soon.
    Ciao

platium
    @platium

hey @alcusto

dun 4get me 2… thanks for all your lucky boxes!!! where do u get so many???

i’m about 1,500 challenges completed!!

jerzgirl
    @jerzgirl

I just want to say I am a rookie at gaming and really got into it cause I am stuck in bed,(chronic illness no need to say more) but I love all the angry bird games but I am hooked on Go! I have 1,121652 coins and for the challenges SW-47,RR-37 AIR-40, STUNT-45,SZ-35, I have all the purchased karts but I have do not know how to unlock karts and I need more to move on in Air and stunt 8 need 3 karts and only have 2 I play on my Kindle Fire 8.9 I did get the new updates weekly challenge,multi player and tried both really only care for the multi player. Please someone help the newbie I need more karts :)

angryde
    @angryde

@jerzgirl. Welcome to the only thread you’ll ever need! =) To be honest, you’ve commenced your ABGo adventure at a problematic time… most of the active posters on this thread obtained (additional) karts as rewards/prizes for coming first in the weekly tournament… back in the day, when the investment of time/energy was, well, worth it! :) Some of us also farmed gems like crazy – again, back in the day – when they weren’t as scarce… and purchased (additional) karts when they were heavily discounted. So, yeah, it’s going to be a tough road ahead… (pun INTENDED) have you considered asking one of your friends to pick-up a set of Telepods on your behalf!? They’re not overly pricey and some stores have discounts/deals. However, just be sure that the set you’re intending to purchase contains the karts you most urgently need! (plenty of advice/strategy on this board/thread). Anyway, welcome, happy driving, and ‘GO FAST!’ (in the words of our illustrious and much-missed leader nacho18).

dbkraemer
    @dbkraemer

Hi @jerzgirl and welcome! It’s always good to see a new AB Go! fan on here :) You and I are at about the same progress. I have completed 58 challenges on each track (yes, I must complete them evenly across all tracks… I am somewhat OCD – but NOT mentally disturbed, as @angryde likes to point out to people!!! OK, maybe a little bit…)

As far as unlocking karts, if you are asking about HOW to do it, then the answer is that when you are on the screen that shows your current kart, you click the orange icon at the bottom of the screen that looks like a racecar. That takes you to the underground garage. You use the white arrows on either side of the kart to scroll through the list of available karts. If you already own that kart, there is a green check mark at the bottom and you can choose that kart for your next race by clicking the check mark. If you don’t own that kart, instead of a check mark there will be an amount (either in gems usually, or sometimes in coins) that you would need to spend to “purchase” that kart. You would then click the green “buy” button to make the purchase. Then that kart would be available to you.

So, it really will depend on how many gems that you have, not so much on how many coins you have. The coins are used mostly to upgrade your karts once you have unlocked (purchased) them. @angryde is correct about the Telepods. They are actually less expensive than the cost of gems. Amazon offers a deluxe pack (which includes one Air and one Stunt kart) for $10.99:

So that might be an option for you. And if you need any Facebook friends for the “Beat a friend’s score” challenges, I’m sure that all of us on this thread would be happy to add you :) And again, welcome :)

Arus73
    @alcusto

hi @platium yes I’m sending you most of the lucky boxes I find since I’m not receiving any recently from either @dbkraemer or @philhayler.
    I’m concentrating on farming gems and I usually run the Vs and time bomb races (sometimes also the fruit splat, but I don’t like the fact that lucky boxes are often mistaken with strawberries and risk to be missed) of both Seedway tracks. I meet quite often lucky boxes on those tracks. Completing Seedway races only takes about 30 seconds compared to 1 minute needed for races on other tracks.
    This means that with the same time required to complete a race on other tracks I can complete 2 Seedway races with double chance to find a lucky box.

dbkraemer
    @dbkraemer

Hi @alcusto – I am not ignoring you. But I can’t even remember the last time I got a Lucky Box. WTH, right?

platium
    @platium

hi @alcusto

than you. i trying to return the favour too, but seem that you gotten more than i do :)

seedway is easier to get because i know where to find it, or should i say where it will appear most of the time.

thanks!

@dbkraemet

do not be sad… not easy to find :)

dbkraemer
    @dbkraemer

I finally got a Lucky Box and sent it to @alcusto… and he promptly sent me back 38 Lucky Boxes (or 63, or 481… I don’t remember). I think he has a whole warehouse full of them :)

With all of the other AB games getting updated, I have not been racing as much. But I just hit 300 challenges completed yesterday, and have still not had to use a Skip Challenge. My cost is still at 10 gems. Current stats:

60-60-60-60-60 – 300 Total

I hope we get a December 13th one year AB Go! anniversary update with a new track…

ABGoFast
    @abgofast

@dbkraemer, @philhayler, @nacho18, @platium, @wazemank, @grimmjow, @angryde, @alcusto, @pba2014, @aftarquino, @abgoria, @cholewap, @kamenev-spbgma, @leonardo-peixot

***** RACERS “ABGo FAST ” *****

as @alcusto identified, an update is on Android (v1.5.2) with a new interface for multi player. I just downloaded it and here are some initial screenshots of the new content

You unlock components of single player by playing multi-player. Not sure how this works yet but here is a screenshot of the initial view
    https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/abgofast/album/picture/11660/

If you choose Single Player the “home sceen” is the same as before showing all 5 tracks but instead of showing the challenges completed…it shows all at 78%…(don’t worry though…going into each track shows your current challenge result. This is not lost…yeah…I freaked out a bit thinking my 2,014 challenges completed were gone!)
    https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/abgofast/album/picture/11661/

I’ve yet to begin playing to understand how the 78% moves to 100% as there don’t appear to be new tracks, new karts, new bird racers available yet!

The good news! It’s time to go racing again boys and girls! Time to GO FAST!!!

UPDATE: I did my first race. It put me in a race with 3 others and chose the Stunt track #3. The track is the same layout but graphics are completely updated. The music during race is new too! The race timed you versus giving you points. I won my race and received “10 golden eggs” and these are showing in the upper right corner now. They also (as before) award you a trophy towards a lucky box (5 trophies = lucky box)

Going back to the multi-player home screen, my picture moved forward on the line between zero and 16 golden eggs. I suppose at each milestone (first milestone at 16 eggs) something will happen…must be the unlocking of new tracks, karts or upgrades as the message states in the single player environment! This is pretty cool start!

Happiness is ABGOFAST going fast!

dbkraemer
    @dbkraemer

Jealously waiting for this to hit iOS :)

However, I don’t think there are any new tracks, or karts, at least based on the message. I think it is just telling new players who are in the multiplayer mode that the way to unlock the existing tracks and karts is to switch to single player mode. I hope I’m wrong though…

Great to see you back on the track @abgofast!

ABGoFast
    @abgofast

@dbkraemer, @philhayler, @nacho18, @platium, @wazemank, @grimmjow, @angryde, @alcusto, @pba2014, @aftarquino, @abgoria, @cholewap, @kamenev-spbgma, @leonardo-peixot

I might be hoping too much on the new tracks, new karts or new bird racers but the tracks graphics are very different. The layout is the same.

One feature on multi-player is that you can create a team of 10 drivers. I’ve created a ABGOFAST team. Already 2 other racers have join my crew…I don’t know who they are yet but maybe if fans of this site, they can drop me an email here

The “golden eggs” give you 10 for first and 6 for second. I don’t know about 3rd or 4th as I’ve not experience that yet :)))

I haven’t figured out why my single player home screen has all tracks at 78%. Something more coming?

I read the Google Play Store and it’s just describing what all of us ABGO! racers already know … it’s what we don’t know about the new features right now is exciting! Can’t wait for the Admins to realize we have an update and post a topic on it!

platium
    @platium

@dbkraemer, @philhayler, @nacho18, @abgofast, @wazemank, @grimmjow, @angryde, @alcusto, @pba2014, @aftarquino, @abgoria, @cholewap, @kamenev-spbgma, @leonardo-peixot

hi all… i’m still but slower pace!!! I’m about 1,500 completed… and waiting to give @alcusto lucky boxes!!!

where is our dear team principle @nacho18

no update on ios yet..

Arus73
    @alcusto

Way to go @abgofast! Welcome back!
    Yes the new graphics and multiplayer team mode are great and good fun.
    I have just joined your newly formed team and we won a few races (although we lost 1 even if I ended 1st because our team mates were not so good which is not “fast”!). Really fun.
    I see you have grabbed a good amount of golden eggs. Did you receive anything nice in reward of your level ups? I still don’t understand what they will grant us for this.

Apart from the above nice new elements of the game, there are plenty of things I dislike.

Let’s start from what I don’t like:

1. The section for buying power-ups in discounted bundles has disappeared. You only see the section for buying gems (same high price as before…) and bird coins. It seems that when you reach 0 in a power-up you have the possibility to get a free 1 by watching a video at the beginning of the race, but you have to use it in that race. You have this free power-up twice and then you have to pay the same fatty price as before (15 gems for 1 leaf blower means that 5 leaf blowers will cost 75 instead of the 60 gems of the discounted bundle)

2. The price for karts has reverted to the previous crazy figures (9,000 gems for 2nd series telepod karts is frankly speaking unacceptable). I hope that this means that it will be possible to win these 2nd series karts somehow

3. The two infamous heavy power-ups demanding challenges (use king sling power-up 7x in a row and use all power-ups in 3 races) are still there

4. Lucky boxes are still rare and does not seem they contain better things than before. So far I got 300 bird coins, 3 gems, 1 king sling and 1 kart repair. I was hoping at least more gems than just 3.

5. The number of gems granted for passing challenges is still only 1.

6. Daily challenge still gives only max 10 gems (I would have loved Rovio reverting to the previous +20 gems)

7. They now allow you to share your lucky boxes with more than 1 friend, but for any additional friend you select, they ask you 2 gems (come on greedy Rovio!!). The “invite” friends are also gone.

8. It seems like the free 3 gems for watching videos are gone.

9. There are plenty of free things granted by watching videos but only limited to a small number per day I guess.

What I like:

1. The new multiplayer team mode.

2. The new graphics.

3. The price for level up your karts has been reduced (not anymore spending over 20k bird coins for levelling up your stunt karts)

4. The difficulty of some races has been reduced. The best example: today’s daily challenge (the one with Blues over the Air Guitar in Air track 3 race) which was simply impossible before without using at least 3 times the special power, could be won easily now. I therefore expect that the “remain 1st for the entire race” challenges will not be a pain in the a… anymore.

5. They grant you free additional special powers to be used in a race if you watch a video before it.

We are all waiting our Android pals to join our Abgofast team to smash those opponents out there. Come on guys!

ABGoFast
    @abgofast

I echo your likes and dislikes @alcusto … I really don’t like that the single player home screen has all my tracks at 78%. I haven’t figured out what is going on here as there doesn’t appear to be any change to this part of the game … I am still at 2014 challenges and all stuck at the “use all power ups 3 races” one.

The multi-player team racing is great. If your team wins, you get the eggs you won for your spot PLUS the eggs of your teammates to move your ranking up. There are 25 driver classes to get to. To get to 25th class, you need 10,000 eggs. I’m at just over 500 now. Believe it or not, there are two teams already over 10,000 eggs. I assume these are the developers racing team as I don’t know how anyone could be that fast!

Other than bragging rights of your own driver class and your team’s driver class, I have yet to see any rewards. You can share cupcakes between team members and as people join my team, I can send them “a box of cupcakes”. I don’t know what this means but I send them! I assume it gives birds that a tired more life in them….

The multi-player is fun but doesn’t seem to have a real reward tied to it yet. I hope more to come as they get it ready for iOS. Especially fixing that single player home page

WARNING: I read a lot of feedback on google play about this update… MANY Android users lost their purchased gems, game progress and even karts with this upgrade. Many people are upset. I saw very little positive feedback. It will be interesting how Rovio handles it. I experience no problems with the upgrade but those that were earliest adopters were calling for people to be fired!
    It’s entertaining read if you want to read the reviews on google play :)

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum ABGo.!!! Challenges:!! How far you are.!!

Viewing 25 replies - 1,201 through 1,225 (of 3,427 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.