ABGo.!!! Challenges:!! How far you are.!!

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum ABGo.!!! Challenges:!! How far you are.!!

Viewing 25 replies - 1,151 through 1,175 (of 3,427 total)
  • Replies
  • Arus73
    @alcusto

Hi @dbkraemer congrats for your fantastic milestone.

I have noted yours and @abgofast’s great numbers on Sub Zero.
    Mine are not so good:

#1 = 26-33-17
    #2 = 29-28-16
    #3 = 21-32-16

The ice splat low numbers in all 3 tracks are explained by the fact that all 3 demands the highest number of gems I encountered so far: “use all power-ups in 3 races” and “use king sling power-up 7x in a row” AT THE SAME TIME!

I am not advancing on those because some time ago @pba2014 wrote a post advising that the same dreadful challenge combination would immediately come out after just 2 rounds.
    However, I saw your high numbers in ice splat and would like to ask you what happens after passing the dreadful duo.

Arus73
    @alcusto

@abgofast, @philhayler, @nacho18, @platium, @wazemank, @grimmjow, @angryde, @pba2014, @aftarquino, @abgoria, @cholewap, @kamenev-spbgma, @leonardo-peixot

Ciao guys!
    If any of you wins a kart or a “skip next challenge for free” in the weekly tournament, please let me know, thanks.
    I have a bad feeling that Rovio has also cancelled the karts from the winning pot…

ABGoFast
    @abgofast

@dbkraemer, @philhayler, @nacho18, @platium, @wazemank, @grimmjow, @angryde, @alcusto, @pba2014, @aftarquino, @abgoria, @cholewap, @kamenev-spbgma, @leonardo-peixot

***** RACERS “ABGo FAST ” *****

1,845 completed now … 458 – 462 – 308 – 307 – 310

Final spoiler provided on the TIME BOOM set of challenges. I feel Time Boom is the most boring of the race types but also the easiest. You have to be prepared for “marathon challenges” (i.e. 10+ drives needed to complete). The rest not flagged as “marathon” on the list below done with 5 or less drives provided you avoid or destroy your way there.

Here’s the “10 challenge loop” for Seedway and Rocky Road that repeats since the last update.

It’s recommended you have 280 gems available to complete the loop to pass the power-up challenges

Challenge #62 – loop starts:
    Launch and avoid 1st 7 obstacles without steering,
    Avoid all wooden obstacles on the track,
    Use all power ups – 3 races (suggest using 200 gems to buy 5 of all PUs)

Spend 120s in the air (marathon),
    Go through 15 gates,
    Avoid 15 obstacles while drifting

Avoid at least 90% of the obstacles on the track,
    Closely miss 250 obstacles (marathon),
    Avoid the first 70 obstacles

Destroy more than 60% of the ice obstacles,
    Get a 3 star score 5 times,
    Go through 30 gates

Destroy more than 60% of the wooden obstacles,
    Go through 2 gates in 13 seconds,
    Jump 100m in a race (easiest to achieve with King Pig Balloon)

Score over 100,000 points,
    Get 3 stars with 5 different karts,
    use king sling 7 times in a row
    (recommend using 120 gems or 3 purchases of 5 slings @ 40 gems per purchase as you’ll use 7 more every shortly)

Destroy 100 ice obstacles while drifting (marathon),
    Spend more time drifting than not,
    Destroy 3 ice obstacles in 4 seconds

Avoid all stone obstacles on the track,
    Finish with at least 2 seconds remaining,
    Closely miss 20 obstacles

Score over 120,000 points,
    Get 3 stars with 3 different racers,
    use king sling 7 times in a row

Destroy 15 obstacles while in the air,
    Avoid 1,500 obstacles (marathon),
    Launch and avoid the first 7 obstacles without steering

Avoid all wooden obstacles on the track,
    Spend 120s in the air (marathon),
    Use all power -ups – 3 races,

End of loop. Goes back to challenges identified on #63

Arus73
    @alcusto

@abgofast, @philhayler, @dbkraemer, @platium
    hi guys could you please teach me the strategy to eliminate the fruit bar within 25 secs in Seedway track 1?
    Thank you in advance!

ABGoFast
    @abgofast

@alcusto – I’ve only won gems since week 1 of the tournaments when I got a Seedway kart. The gems have reduced in size too. From +20 to +8 now. Almost not worth doing the weekly tourney other than bragging rights among friends.

I’m upset about Sub Zero tracks. I went from Ice Splat 28 to 33 on Track #1. 5 challenges before getting “use all power ups – 3 races” again. I can’t seem to have any luck on this episode.

Instead of trying Race or Time Boom, I opened Seedway again to help you with your “fruit bar in 25 seconds” strategy (I was on challenge #80 this morning and found your challenge on #82)

I can only conquer this one with Hal and using his Hurricane power twice so recommend waiting till you get a “free special power use” lucky box or you’ll spend 3 gems. I always drive a fully max’d out (420 CC) Big Bang L6 on Seedway as my default kart.

As you come to expect from ABGoFast, here’s my VERY detailed explanation of how to beat this one:

Off to good start:
    1. Splat as much fruit on right as possible (middle and outside lane near wall)
    2. Steer left to splat the inside-middle fruit (5 or 6 seconds expired now)
    3. Take out the long center lane of fruit (at end 11 or 12 seconds expired)

Critical stretch is now. It takes practice. Took me 3 tries this morning before getting the timing right. The next 2 steps happen very quickly and are key to success or failure (step 4 and 5 are literally split second of driving re-action)

4. Keep high on track, just before first fruit, aim nose of kart low, unleash hurricane power and it should take out the middle-low (inside) rows. Hal’s Hurricane should last long enough to take out the middle-low rows of next set of fruit too
    5. After unleash hurricane, quickly straighten out your kart and take out the outside (high near wall) rows of fruit of both sets

If you blow these steps, don’t use the second special power as you’ll not remove the bar and run out of time. You need to keep the fruit bar low so all you is about 10-15 fruit to splat (I’m not sure how describe the fruit left on the bar, but you’ll visually figure out what is too much pretty quickly. I’ve had it so I only need 1 or 2 fruit cause the bar looked gone but wasn’t!)

Prepare for final fruit splat:
    6. As you exit the high lane, steer to middle to ensure you hit boost pad that is under the bridge
    7. Line kart up with first fruit on the corner. By the time you reach it, 23 seconds have expired…you have 2 seconds to go but Hurricane power is available!
    8. Launch the hurricane and it takes out the row. I’ve tried to use my kart speed but 2 seconds not enough time to get it all.

You might be able to if you choose to use a leaf blower or target kart power up. I don’t recommend this unless you’re frustrated simply cause with practice of the steps above, you don’t need it to get the challenge check mark.

Hope you get this one…maybe you already figured it out by time I could type my long drawn out explanation :)

Cheers!

dbkraemer
    @dbkraemer

Hi @alcusto – I’ve been offline for the most part for a couple of days, so I will try to answer some of your questions that I have not responded to yet :)

Regarding the ice splat challenges, I really don’t know. The way that I have been playing for a while now is that I play one challenge on each track rather than several challenges in a row on a track. That is, I’ll complete one Sub Zero challenge, then do a Seedway challenge, then a Rocky Road, etc. That way I keep from getting bored by playing the same track over and over again. But because I play this way, I don’t remember the loops or keep track of them, so unfortunately, I can’t tell you what comes next. Sorry…

As for the Weekly Tournament, you may be right about no karts. It might be only an increasing gem count each week. This may have something to do with the fact that they have drastically reduced the price on some karts (9,000 gems down to 2,400 gems now). I have won the tournament two weeks in a row and got 8 gems and then 11 gems. I think you mentioned that you had gotten 26 gems last week. So it looks to me like it might be a progressive jackpot of sorts. Which isn’t all that bad I suppose :)

And for your question about the fruit bar today, I think that @abgofast, whom I shall henceforth refer to as “The AB Go! Wikipedia”, has answered your question with much more clarity and detail than I ever could have :)

And finally, I am now stuck on Air Track #3 Fruit Splat #46 which is asking for “Splat 40 in a row without steering”. This is similar to the one that you are/were stuck on. I believe that you have to get the second to last group, which has 35 fruit that can be splatted with Hal, but the question is, do you try to get the small group of 5 just before that, or do you hope for a good bounce into the final group before the finish line? I seem to vaguely remember that when I passed it the first time, it was just sheer luck of the bounce and I was completely shocked that I passed it. If you do end up with a strategy that works, let me know, and I will do likewise, now that I have the opportunity to run this race :)

Guantes
    @guantes

Hi! Does anyone knows how many challenges per level are to be completed? I’m just curious about it.

Arus73
    @alcusto

hi @abgofast thank you so much! I passed that bloody challenge at my 3rd attempt following your precise strategy. That was really amazingly detailed.
    I wish you could join me and @dbkraemer in our task to conquer Air track 3 challenge of 40 fruits! I am sure you could be our key to pass it!!!

Arus73
    @alcusto

hi @dbkraemer! Welcome to the hell of Air track 3 challenge!
    Yes you are right, Half can help taking out the 35 fruits in the 2nd to last group and then?? When you about good bounce you mean that after the 35 fruits you leave the kart going and bounce without control hoping it lands over the last group?
    That sounds pretty difficult to achieve without respawning (which resets the counter) due to all those bends between the two groups.

Arus73
    @alcusto

@dbkraemer I did it!!
    This is how I passed it. I used Hal. You nave to avoid alla fruita until the 5 before the 2nd to last group. Take those 5 keeping a direction aiming to the beak of the Bomb shaped balloon (if you fail to get all 5 fruits restart). You don’t have to steer at all during flight or it’s over.
    As soon as you land on the long ramp unleash Hal’s tornado to get the 35 fruits, but the only way to get all 35 is when your kart hits the post on the right immediately at the beginning of the ramp. By hitting this post, the kart in fact bounces back on the middle of the ramp without falling down (if you fall down the tornado stops crushing the fruits).

It is too much luck dependant, but I managed to do it twice ( the first time I only got 39 fruits though because I got 4 before the flight i/o 5) so it is possible!

Good luck!

Arus73
    @alcusto

Hi @dbkraemer did you manage to pass the Air Track #3 “Splat 40 in a row without steering” challenge? After that one you will find another awful challenge: “Splat 15 fruits with a single drift”. It’s awful because of the two pesky piggies chasing you. They are two fast even for a fully upgraded Rapid Rider kart and we all know that fully upgraded karts are not good drifters. The only racer to use is Hal and he has no boost which could help him stay ahead of the two fkrs. Furthermore, the place where to unleash his tornado is the 2nd to last place we all know very well, but that place is very far from the start and it’s difficult to keep behind the 2 fkrs until that place.
    Anyhow, I did it with the Rapid Rider, but I was very lucky because I managed to trash the 2 fkrs and keep them behind just for long enough ;)

angryde
    @angryde

@nacho18 @dbkraemer @abgofast @alcusto @pba2014

Hello lads, whatup!? I’ve been following your awesome progress from over-yonder in ABEpic land… impressive stuff!! Especially @dbkraemer – what a (challenge) beast!!

I’ve made little progress since I embraced ABEpic – 1,017 challenges complete, 3,669 gems banked (no IAPs). I’ve just been doing a little bit of gem farming each day… nothing too onerous.

Sadly, I’ve done all there is to do in ABEpic and intend to try my sorry hand at ABGo! (again). Honestly, though, I’m still lacking in motivation… I can’t even summon the energy to spend all those hard-earned gems on power-ups! Lulz.

Just wanted to give you blokes an update! Congrats again you hardcore ABGo! freaks!!

Arus73
    @alcusto

Welcome back @angryde! We were missing you for sure.
    Master, I have been following your hard farming gem advice as a devotee and I have now 5,300 in my bank ;) (4,100 of hard farming and 1,200 IAP when Rovio gave out a good discount on gems and it costed me only 12 €).
    I would send you a lucky box if only I could see you in my FB friends list, but sadly you don’t pop up even if we are connected, damn!

platium
    @platium

@dbkraemer, @philhayler, @nacho18, @platium, @wazemank, @grimmjow, @angryde, @alcusto, @pba2014, @aftarquino, @abgoria, @cholewap, @kamenev-spbgma, @leonardo-peixot

hi all

378 283 319 261 187 = 1428

i am taking my time to play!! I am looking forward to angry birds transformer!!!

thanks to @grimmjow, @alcusto, @philhayler, @abgofast and max (ps what is your nick here?) for all the lucky boxed… i am trying hard to return the favour. but i do not seem to get any now!!!

i am doing a slow and steady pace!

i still cannot clear rocky track 2 T11 (closely miss 15 obstacles!!!!) there are about 18-19 obstacles only!!!

PBA2014
    @pba2014

@platium – for closely miss, flying over the obstacles counts. So be very, very precise for the first half of the course, then use King Pig over the second half.

I think I had 10 or 11 close misses before deploying King Pig.

I deleted my app, and am done with the game. Good luck!

ABGoFast
    @abgofast

101 to go!

1,900 completed now

https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/abgofast/album/picture/10732/

488 Seedway – 472 Rocky – 308 Air – 317 Stunt – 315 Sub Zero

611 Race – 655 Time Boom – 634 Fruit/Ice Splat

Gotta go fast! Late for work!

dbkraemer
    @dbkraemer

@abgofast, @philhayler, @nacho18, @platium, @wazemank, @grimmjow, @angryde, @alcusto, @aftarquino, @abgoria, @kamenev-spbgma, and our newest racer @dseufert :)

How nice to see so much activity this morning! A big welcome back to our long lost friend and Epic warrior @angryde and of course @platium! It hasn’t been the same around here without you guys :). What’s next? A visit from @wazemank and @grimmjow? :)

I am currently at 1,815 challenges passed:

425-425-309-231-425 = 1,815

Just finished slogging my way through the most tedious and awful Air challenge: “Splat 200 strawberries in the air while drifting and singing the Finnish national anthem”. Not fun. Except for the singing. Which was not fun for anyone within earshot…

@alcusto
    – No, I have not passed the dreaded “Splat 40 in a row” yet, but thanks to you I know the right strategy. I think I’ll give it 5 tries each day until I pass that one. Otherwise I might drive (no pun intended) myself crazy.

I wonder how our Fearless Leader is doing while on his vacation… Can anyone say 900? C’mon @nacho18! Go Fast!!! :)

dbkraemer
    @dbkraemer

PS – Dear Rovio, I will splat as many bananas as I want to. You’re not the boss of me!

Arus73
    @alcusto

@dbkraemer @abgofast @platium really congrats to your big numbers guys!

Ahahah @dbkraemer you really made me laugh with your joke on the horrible challenge “Splat 200 strawberries in the air while drifting”.
    I passed that one this morning for Air track#3 and man how tedious it was with those two annoying piggy punks being badly programmed by Rovio to be too fast.

The key of passing the “Splat 40 in a row” is really to hit the post on the right of the long ramp and unleash the tornado just before hitting it. It is insanely frustrating, because not only it is very difficult and luck dependant to hit that post without falling down, it is also difficult to handle the two wtf piggy punk racers.

Arus73
    @alcusto

@pba2014 very sad to hear that you deleted your app man, but I can understand your decision. In a way, I guess this is a consequence of all bad decisions Rovio took with all late updates of the game:

– reduced the amount of gems in lucky boxes from 5 to 3
    – eliminated the “skip next challenge for free” prize
    – eliminated the kart prizes from weekly tournaments
    – increased (which means higher probability to get one of these) the wtf bird coin prizes by inserting the 500, 800 and 1200 prizes
    – eliminated the possibility ro replay the daily challenges (which means that in case of crash bye bye gems)
    – changed the power-up costs from bird coins to huge amounts of gems
    – reduced the daily challenge prizes by half
    – reduced from 3 to 1 the amount of gems gained from passing 3 sets of challenges

If they continue like this, I guess many people will just stop playing this otherwise amazing game.
    Damn…

platium
    @platium

thanks @pba2014

i’ll do just that… but i think my kart is way to fast…

Arus73
    @alcusto

Guys, don’t know about you, but I hate daily challenges based on Ait track 3 or Sub Zero track 3. Three opponents seem to drive on super karts and it’s almost impossible to even get 3rd!

platium
    @platium

hi @alcusto

yes it is very difficult to get 3rd. not impossible…

dbkraemer
    @dbkraemer

433-433-320-231-433

Slowing down a little. Doing lots of resource farming on Epic…

Excited to see if @abgofast or @philhayler will be first to 2,000 :)

ABGoFast
    @abgofast

A moment in history for our forum … mark down today, August 31, 2014 at 12:45 pm Atlantic Time Zone that ABGoFast flew Red over the 300 seconds mark to complete challenge #30 on Air Track #2 to allow ABGoFast to be the FIRST EVER to publicly announce the following achievement….

2,001 completed! with two episodes over 500 and all 3 race types over 650

By episode
    518 – Seedway, 536 – Rocky Road, 315 – Air, 317 – Stunt, 315 – Sub Zero

By race type:
    658 – Race, 682 – Time Boom and 661 – Fruit(Ice) Splat

Photo evidence:
    https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/abgofast/album/picture/10792/
    (go ahead @dbkraemer … test this screen shot for photo shopping … it’s 100% authentic…lol)

ABGoFast has “his precious” and would like to also formally announce that by completing 13 more challenges will be retiring from the “competitive side” of the game. I have decided that at “2014 challenges in 2014” will be my grand finale until the game gets an update. It will likely be a while as Rovio has two new release coming in the next two months. Time to rest up for upcoming games like Stella and Transformers or maybe go on another Epic adventure (still haven’t played it yet)

Cheers! Happy driving!

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum ABGo.!!! Challenges:!! How far you are.!!

Viewing 25 replies - 1,151 through 1,175 (of 3,427 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.