AB 2 Glitches and Bugs

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum AB 2 Glitches and Bugs

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 346 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Been doing Arena matches just now.
    To make up for the fact my opponent brought a spell I used one of my spells as well. To get another go I watched the ad and the next opponent was a tad bit strong so I hard reset the game. The next opponent was ok so I started the battle. To my surprise, the spell I had used in the previous battle was back in my stock, as if I had never used it. The stars I gained from the previous battle were still there, though.

EDIT: There’s a few self-destructing structures apparently. I just came across one in Level 87, room 2. Slung no bird yet still one building was suddenly gone. Unfortunately I have no screenshots.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

Just another bug…..

Came across this opponent. Went to play them and game crashed.

Possibly be explained if they started game but didn’t fling a bird but still lost their go? but never seen an opponent with no birds.

image.png

David Martin
    @david-martin

Yesterday during a Pigsyland level, the magician pig “poofed” to a new location while falling, and that new location just so happened to be embedded inside an indestructible platform. The only way to finish him off at that point was to waste Bomb. Not cool.

Basic physics and plain ol’ common sense would seem to dictate that (a) if he’s falling before he teleports, he should maintain his downward momentum and go “splat” wherever he comes out, and (b) being embedded inside a solid object should kill him instantly.

David Martin
    @david-martin

I just realized something about the disproportionately high number of Arena opponents with 5 spells. They’ve topped out at Diamond league because there’s no higher for them to go. Of course those folks will win more often, so those of us who have made it there without paying as much (or at all) for spells have a statistically higher chance of seeing opponents we likely can’t beat without arming up on spells ourselves. This probably isn’t a bug. This is exactly what Rovio wants.

Having said that, I’ve noticed a lot of situations where such opponents will score 0 or something very low with their first bird, so they may have less skill and feel that they need the spells to make up for flubbed shots. So they’re not always as impossible to beat as you think.

I’ve been using the spells earned in Daily Challenges on these folks, when it’s been close enough to really matter. Otherwise I just go for as good of run as I can get, even if I lose, figuring my recorded run will at least be one more that’s challenging for some other opponent who hasn’t bribed his or her way that far to actually beat.

Anonymous

Screenshot_2016-04-15-19-41-57.png

Really…

Aeshna
    @aeshna

@partshade – Oh yes, really!

image.png

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Caught another unstable structure. This time I have before-after screenshots.

@partshade @aeshna
    Balloon Pig without the Balloon = Pig. Pig can reverse gravity. New pig type confirmed :P

Anonymous

@aeshna Oh, so it’s not just my luck. :P

@smwforever45
    Still better than Umbrella Pig. xD

David Martin
    @david-martin

Hey, don’t knock the unstable structures. (Literally. Because you don’t need to; they knock themselves over.) That’s a helpful bug. Though I have wondered why, when such a situation causes you to clear a screen without using a bird, you don’t get a Strike for it.

I’ve seen that as part of the “procedurally random” generation of structures, there will occasionally be a spot within the structure that could be a regular block, or TNT, or a pig, etc. Sometimes it appears empty, and the structure is unstable as a result. I figure this might actually have been intentional. It helps more than it hurts, so I’m not complaining.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Not sure how that is possible but in the Arena just now I had an opponent come in with 7 birds and 1 spell, and then in the battle the Blues were suddenly missing. (Still lost btw. This guy had two or three birds that hit really hard while the rest sucked.)

Secondly, I had some internet trouble on my device, and now my Bronze league is suddenly empty. I was on #2 before.
    EDIT: Looking for an opponent, my game crashed and now everything is back to normal. Weird.
    EDIT 2: Played a game against an easy opponent, I come back and I’m back in the lonely league. What.

@david-martin

Alright, alright, sorry. XD I just tend to report everything whether useful for me or harmful for me.

David Martin
    @david-martin

@smwforever4! – Fair enough, bugs are still bugs. I just figure this game is so unfair, it’s nice that occasionally one of the glitches tips things in our favor.

Speaking of unfair things that tip the game in my favor, I got #1 in last week’s arena because an opponent who had over 100 stars when the nearest runners-up were all between 50 and 80 just magically disappeared from the lineup.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@david-martin

I just figure this game is so unfair…

Amen. Especially the daily challenges. And then you always get 7 birds, no matter whether for a 3-wave or a 6-wave battle.

Maybe this 100 star guy turned out to be an under-the-radar cheater? Who knows.

David Martin
    @david-martin

I’m not surprised that there would be cheaters in the Arena. I’m just surprised that Rovio would actually go to the trouble of identifying them.

However in this case I think it was actually plausible for someone to have over 100 stars by that point in the week. I had 50 or 60 by then. You can play the Arena twice every 3 hours, and that’s if you don’t pay for anything. Since I have to work, sleep, and actually socialize once in a while, I probably take less than 50% of the available opportunities to play it. So it’s more likely that some other player was legitimately ahead and then got shunted off to another group of Arena competitors for no apparent reason.

To be honest, I think the Daily Challenges have been on the high end of difficult without being totally unreasonable. But then I haven’t played every single one since they started, so that’s just my experience thus far. I certainly haven’t burned 20 lives on a single challenge like I have on some of the Gravity Grove levels.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@david-martin
    I still don’t wanna believe Rovio’s a jerk like most other video game companies. Maybe they just put a lot of personnel into the movie right now. But I don’t know.

Everyone has to sleep. 100 stars would be ten extremely good wins, and I’ve only had one extremely good win so far. Most of the time I get 4-7 stars per battle. 100 stars is not impossible but unlikely when just 17 hours into the new Arena week.

Daily Challenges are cheatingly difficult in my opinion. Usually the first level is reasonable but today’s first level is extremely tough (not just for me). Also usually, I fail on the second level for being brutally difficult to clear with the 7 birds you have for 5 waves. The boss level is usually easier than level 2 but also quite the challenge.
    And when not even players since the beginning can clear these levels they’ve clearly overdone the good will.
    I only cleared two Challenges so far, and I spent gems and spells on both wins. If I try with only my birds, it’s somewhat unlikely that I make it beyond room 4 or 5 of the second level.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

“Everyone has to sleep.”

Guess I didn’t get that memo. I am an old man that should probably be way too old to be playing Angry Birds, but I am still a kid at heart. Being old means I wake up during the night once or twice and have trouble going back to sleep. Hey, Angry Birds Arena! Yay!

But it is also why my daily challenge expires so early in the day. It is already over for me, but today was impossible so it doesn’t really matter. If I win, great. If not, well, it wasn’t there before so now it is just another way to be addicted.

I guess that is why I just shrug so many things off, it is fun but not serious for me. I get nothing out of it one way or the other except entertainment and something to waste my time on. I get frustrated in the arena then I look at my opponent’s score and they are having even more trouble. Then I don’t feel so bad for myself.

David Martin
    @david-martin

@captsternn – I’m no stranger to insomnia and waking up randomly in the middle of the night, but let’s just say I got the hint to stop playing the game so late at night when my wife bought a white noise machine to drown out the sound of my swearing from the next room.

Today I was smart, knew I’d be out all day, so I didn’t open up the Daily Challenge until I got home. That thing was a B and a half, but I got it on the sixth or seventh try. I agree that it’s always the second of the three levels that is the hardest.

Proteus
    @proteus

Screenshot_2016-04-20-05-49-42.png

Really ?

Anonymous

@proteus How is that even possible?? This game…

Proteus
    @proteus

Screenshot_2016-04-14-19-53-18-1.png

Introducing the new pigs. The Army Pigs. It’s a normal pigs that can build a bunker for himself and they decided to hide there.

@partshade Just another “magic tricks” that little pig learns from Magician Pig i guess. They can hide under a huge fan and laughs at me :p

David Martin
    @david-martin

I can’t remember if I reported this before, but it affects a boss in the snow levels that just so happens to be the boss in today’s Daily Challenge. If you let him bounce around in the snow chute long enough, he apparently decides he wants off the ride and the geyser magically stops affecting him. He just sits there on top of the geyser until you knock him out of position with another bird… which of course isn’t easy to do given the walls all around it. Rather annoying when the only surefire way to beat this boss is to just let him bounce around and die the death of a thousand cuts due to occasionally glancing off of a piece of debris or a non-snow-covered section of the wall. (It’s like watching a screensaver, except way more infuriating.)

IMG_0162.PNG

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@Proteus LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL I know this feeling all too well!!

Rovio: “Urrr, it’s possible to defeat these piglets by a skillshot using your Matilda and dropping an egg into the exact right place to avoid the fan and clear them out. Or by a well-placed bomb that has a 1/1,000,000 chance of not getting blown away by the fan, and can maybe detonate close enough to the pigs to take them out.”

*eyeroll here*

Just more proof that the micropigs have been intentionally made harder to defeat in a desperate attempt to create another ruse to have to spend/purchase gems.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

@david-martin: I had the luck that one Terrence was left who bounced together with the boss in that geyser.

David Martin
    @david-martin

@angrynerds2 – Blues can also be helpful in that situation. I’ve also had the extreme good fortune of the Boss falling from a great height and being pushed back up by the geyser at such a high speed that he flies off the screen. Not much of a strategy to it, just knock him down there and hope for the best.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Welp- I’ve just discovered another bug.

The duckie spell does 100% nothing in Gravity Grove levels where there are two towers aligned with one another- one level upright, the other upside down directly above it (same in GG Arena levels too).

Since the ducks need to fall from the sky, and they have been programmed to only appear over top of structures, if there is a structure over top of another one, they can’t activate- thereby doing nothing. At all. You throw the spell and it’s just gone, not even one duck will fall.

Really big oversight on Rovio’s part when designing these new levels :-\ but it fits in line with them wanting you to waste your spells.

David Martin
    @david-martin

The Duckie spell has been depressingly useless in a lot of situations lately, even normal levels where there’s nothing above a structure to keep the ducks from hitting it. They just glance off, maybe kill a few pigs on top, but don’t topple much of anything. The possible results are just too unpredictable for that spell to be reliable. It needs to pack more of a punch.

Related issue – not really a bug, but still kind of annoying – why do we always get Duckie and Chili for completing the Daily Challenge? Maybe change it up a bit, throw a Pig Inflater or Mighty Eagle in there. (Notice I left out Blizzard. That would be a good de-motivator.)

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum AB 2 Glitches and Bugs

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 346 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.