The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3102
  • 159668 Comments
  • Air Hop is for adults too. 'Fess up @brianN, it's you that's the disappointed one.
  • I was hoping to go to the one in Clydebank on the way home. It's called Hedge Hop.
  • My wife says that's not an option she needs a new hat so we're going to Head Shop.
  • Mr Bunny said not expensive Dress Shop
    Not having realised that I snuck in and purchased…
  • Why did Mr Bunny want a dress.
  • He’s a cross dresser
    Not a good one
    He’s short and fat, and his George Clooney hair doesn’t help…
  • I so want to say haute couture straitjacket. Anyway this conversation is ripping along isn't it?
  • Do you mean he gets angry when he puts clothes on?
  • Ah Monsieur @BrianN Paris, London, New York, Milan and Cardiff. How could I forget.
  • It all falls into place now, it's that French waiter @Hunnybunny has her eyes on.
  • Funnily enough we passed a place called Catchfrench. I didn't know you could.
  • I suddenly feel the urge to ride a bicycle with a string of onions round my neck. "Ahaweehaw"
    Yep I've definitely caught it.
  • @BrianN watch out you don't get the dangly bits caught in the spokes
  • We are in Wales and we have bought a house.
    Like you do.
    My father recently passed away and I am having to sell his house.
    So at the moment I have three houses. Not that I actually own them all.
    Bit fed up with solicitors.
  • Sorry to hear about your old man @desperatedan.
  • Wonder if Wales is ready.
  • Up to 4th in HeH. Almost done. Mainly my own hard work.
  • There can never have been a day when the fortunes of England's football and cricket teams have been more contrasting.
  • Ah @desperatedan I’m Cricket, my lovely Frenchy is Football!
  • Who gives a monkeys toss about the Nations League. Please bring back aimless friendlies at least we got to play Brazil now and again.
    I may have been premature at suggesting England's new dawn was a false hope. Two unbelievable 4th innings wins quite remarkable. Hope it continues.
  • Football's greed is bottomless. FIFA & EUFA are morally bankruptcy.
  • I think Jonny has been on the pies a bit. Done him no harm.
  • Who ate all the pies? FIFA.
  • It's a funny old game
  • Well, we have England v Wales to look forward to in the World Cup. The World Cup that is being curruptly held in Qatar. Just saying.
  • Unlike the previous one held in Russia. Nothing corrupt about the bidding process there.
  • Blatter was as bent as a Beckham free kick.
  • Sepp Blatter. German for step ladder I believe. Trained as an accountant and he's Swiss. Nuff said.
  • Noticed you quoted the legendary Jimmy Greaves @ixan57. He had his battles with the demon drink which he overcame and will ultimately be remembered for his warmth and humour.
    He was probably one of the first superstars of the English game bridging that time when players used to travel to games on public transport with the fans to the modern age where players have no concept of what 'real life' is all about.
    One of the great finishers. Still holds the record for most goals in English top flight football, not even Shearer, Henry, Rooney etc have got close. Harry Kane might if he stays in England but I doubt it. Although he only scored 44 goals for England he did it in 57 games.It is indeed a funny old game.
    Hope you've been following along @catsnbirds.
  • @BrianN I have been reading all of the posts. But, no, I understand almost none of the references. Tennis is really the only sport I follow, and that pretty much only for the majors. Anyone interested in SyFy/Fantasy novels? The joy in spreading 50 bags of mulch? The best ice cream flavors?
  • Remember reading Frank Herbert's Dune trilogy as a teen, Assimov, HGWells, Orwell etc but think it was a phase. Never got into Moorcroft or Pratchet a little too Narnia for me.

Blown away by the new film version of Dune. As far as I can recall it stays pretty true to the first book. Dune 2 in the pipeline look forward to that. Not sure how filmable Dune 3 would be.

As for ice-cream you Americans are no doubt spoilt for choice. Round our way toffee and banana is as exotic as it gets. Bet Stateside you can even get mulch flavour.
  • @BrianN i was blown away by the film gone with the wind
  • I went through all of John Wyndham's stuff when I was younger. See there is a new version of The Midwich Cookoos out.
  • @desperatedan if you don't quit with the deliberate spelling mistakes I'll be forced to abuse an apostrophe or two.
  • Thanks @BrianN got my 100% Eagle on HD4-2
  • Can you access the video ok @ixan57?
  • Not quite the shortest post ever @desperatedan. Seem to remember @kathy firing off completely empty posts on a regular basis.
  • Glad you didn't see Hurricane Heist @ixan57. Though it would've been more accurate to call it Hurricane Shite.
  • @BrianN no access to link, wants me to sign up for drive
  • So how do you put videos on the walk through pages? Presumably you can't do it via album the way you would a screenshot. When I went to gallery on my device it gave me the option to share via you tube would that work?
  • Not sure @BrianN open a forum on the subject
  • @BrianN you have to share it via you tube. Hit share on the the you tube page & copy the llink, then paste it into a comment on the walkthrough page.
  • Thanks @karen68 I was going to ask you. Would you mind taking down the post on Ham Dunk 4-2 with the dodgy l8nk to google drive if you can and I'll try the you tube link when I get home.

What's up with the Nest today? Has @birdleader forgotten to pay the electricity bill?
  • @BrianN sorry I don’t have that power. @sweetp will have to do that for you. :)

I haven’t had any issues with the Nest this morning?
  • I couldn't access it at all this morning. Server error it said @karen68.

That's ok I think @sweetp likes deleting my posts.
  • @BrianN, I deleted it, but it was a sub-parent to the comments below it so they're gone, too.
  • No worries @sweetp.
  • Glastonbury, then Wimbledon. The very pinnacle of a British summer. Guaranteed to bring rain.
  • Ooh, I do like a good solstice.
Post in the New Forum!