The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3101
  • 159583 Comments
  • 155000th post just posted! Let's dedicate that milestone to our dear friend @kathy.
  • Well despite my loss of progress have decided rather stubbornly to have a go from scratch at posting scores in Seasons. So if you don't hear from me in the next year or so you'll know why. Think between my various devices I should be able to access all levels as they say.

Will never understand the vagaries of downloading older versions. For instance the version I used for the Slam Dunk badge no longer loads(however it did it's job). I'm done with Twick or Tweet so Seasons Greedings next(wish me well). I rather tantalisingly downloaded v1. 1.1,(think it has SHG) the game icon appears on my phone (android 9)homepage but it only gets as far as red wearing his santa hat then fails to load. I assume compatibility issues as the operating system must be android 2.And yet I've been able to run Seasons 2.0.0 without hitches on the same device. Never understand it. Just wondered @desperatedan whether Bluestacks helps with very old versions of ABO?Good flinging in MnD btw and if you think @asher's scores are good in ABO they are phenomenal in Seasons. Unassailable.

I know I like to bitch about the glitch but it also has to be said that a lot of levels have been made easier over time so I may be at a disadvantage being locked out of 2/3 of the latest version. We shall see. A pox on Facebook - make that a monkey pox.
  • Given that our dear friend @kathy is responsible for 100000 of the those comments I think that's appropriate.
  • Well you have just gone past 2000. I'm 1500ish. @hunnybunny past 5000, but @kathy getting on for 33000.
  • Well, that's me done on MnD. I will leave the hated 17-7 for now. Managed to edge past @jg who had loads of Classic scores and get to 2nd place behind the uncatchable @asher. Not that anyone is interested, but hey, this is an Angry Birds forum.
    Next off to finish Ham 'em High. Anything to avoid Jurassic Pork.
  • I recently overtook Jim @whoosher who was at 9th place on the overall AB list. I noticed today that he is an active flinger. Then I remembered a post from about 9 years ago in which he claimed to be the oldest nester at 86. So that puts him at 95 and still active. Impressive. @tompuss you are a mere whippersnapper.
  • So the whoosher is ironic? And you didn't answer my question @desperatedan.
  • Ah Bluestacks? Well, if you can get hold of the version you want from Uptodown ( for example) then Bluestacks generally manages to load them. There are some exceptions but since there are about 80 versions to choose from, I can't really be specific. So pretty helpful all round. I don't know how to set mouse co-ordinates and never will (that is the true dark side) but you can replay stuff you have already run. It's a bit hit and miss, it often doesn't repeat very well. I don't think you were asking about that anyway. The big advantage for me is just having a bigger screen and greater resolution for fine tuning.
  • Fed up with the Challenge. Never seems to be available. Same again today.
  • Fed up with Seasons already, so much variation in scoring between different versions.

Thanks for the info re Bluestacks. What do you mean by repeat? Is that like the old reset button that used to be available to pc users(handy for one birders)?Also does BS have it's own web browser?Just wondering how an android app gets onto pc device.
  • Reporting in
    Mr Bunny looking as close as he can get to George Clooney since his accident (they have similar hair!)
    I just don’t understand how you guys lose progress, levels, whatever.
    I play on iPad, I’m on my third, just seamlessly transfers everything
    Of course, after 24 hours of blondness trying to work out how to actually transfer….
  • Ukraine much better than Scotland who only woke up in last 15 minutes. They'll give Wales a good game at the weekend @hunnybunny.

On the subject of lost progress, you can't compare apples with oranges(oh how we laughed). On android apps transfer with ease but game progress doesn't. Only by linking to Rovio cloud or Facebook link has it been possible. Neither of which is possible any more. If any android users know differently please enlighten. The only way I think it can be done without cloud is by computer backup but as you know I'd need to take a 4 year degree course and have a decent pc for that to work.

Good to know that although Mr Bunny smashed his face in his hair is ok.
  • @brianN, on Bluestacks you can record what you do and replay. So good for one birders, gets more difficult for multiple birders where you need to be reactive to what has already happened. The repeatability is dodgy at times for reasons I don't understand. Also adverts get in the way. I often find I get my best scores just trying to set up a repeat run in the first place. But having spent 10 years with no advantages whatsoever, I am just running through ABO one last time and I will then move on. To get Android app onto PC you just download the the .apk file onto the PC and Bluestacks can browse the download folder and load whatever game you want. But I 'm not sure you can have multiple ABO games at the same time. You can retain scores from one version for later use by backing up files, but that's not a Bluestacks feature. A bit messy if you swap versions but losing scores is not such a big deal on ABO as it is in all the other AB games as it is much easier to catch up again to reach a particular level, although the actual scores will have gone - doesn't bother me as my true record is all in ABN.
  • What's all this about George Clooney being good looking? Never seen it myself.
  • Our chicks are getting quite plump. The nest is very crowded. We await action.
  • Wales ought to give Ukraine a better game. And they don't have the self destructive streak at the final hurdle that seems to afflict Scotland.
  • Very comprehensive answer @desperatedan thanks for that. No wonder you're tearing up ABO. Watch out for the purist police. Will you move on to a different slingshot game or just move on?

As for Clooney all I said was his hair's ok. Think it's a woman thing.
  • You may have noticed that I’m neat
    I like things tidy (like George’s hair)
    In order, running smoothly
    A gentle fifty minute walk to the Millennium Centre
    Mr Bunny has the tickets on his phone. Can he find them. No. Idiot
    Friends are there. The seats are this way, no they are not, walking around like fools
    Show was average
    Get to the restaurant, we are booked, it’s empty inside.
    We are not ready for you, stand in the corridor for five minutes, or sit outside.
    We sat outside. Another couple turned up. Same poor service. They left
    Ten minutes later, no drinks, no menu…
    We left
    Rant over
  • New dawn? Same old same old. 5 wickets in 28 balls!
  • Memo to self:must have a night out in Cardiff.
  • Cardiff's a great place. In my experience. Mr Bunny must have frightened them off.
  • Too many Welsh folk. We're off to Devon next week. Pasties'n'custard all the way. Yay! (Not in the same bowl obvs).
    Have to break the bank just to get there. Noticed price of unleaded has outstripped diesel£1.85 per litre. Bandits. No doubt we'll see fuel shortages and panic buying soon, though not necessarily in that order.
  • Quick appraisal of Seasons Greedings. Advantage of around 120k if you played with glitch(assuming you can get near top score) as opposed to(estimated) non glitch top score. (@kathy sets a good mark in this regard.
    Just glitch bitchin'.
  • @DesperateDan the problems with some of the nest pages have been sorted now. Apparently problems arose when daily backup was being carried out. If you see any more errors give me a shout and I will pass it on.
  • Gone again, at the moment passing on the url's to admin to work on.
  • That seems to be rectified now thanks to bernessen at admins
  • Ironic that the Nations League is being covered by Premier Sports. A tournament nobody watches on a channel no-one subscribes to. Wish they were covering England games as well.
  • Just watched Matrix Resurrections. What a load of old cobblers. Anyways enjoying the Jubilee?
    https://youtu.be/yqrAPOZxgzU
  • Lot of back up testing going on @ixan57. Never mind if you're on vacation Rio's not a bad place to go.
  • Worse than ever @ixan57. I've pretty much given up on the Challenge now. Don't take it personally, in fact, have a half of heavy on me as I have just cracked top 5 in ABO.

Didn't feel like doing Ham 'em High @brianN, so I skipped over to Red's Mighty Feathers which I hadn't really visited much in 9 years. I started in 43rd and dragged myself up to 11th which felt pretty poor. You are in 15th but the scores are all so bunched you should get into top 10 with ease. Again, at least one level that probably needs 4.0.0 or similar. S'pose I will have to drag myself over to HeH now.
  • I Don't take anything personally @DesperateDan change the heavy to lager and upgrade to a pint.
    The problem is being dealt with has been passed onto site owner @birdleader only he can access settings . Please be patient all will be well soon (not like rovio)
  • Hey, it wasn't a big celebration!
  • Looks like the issue with the Daily Challenge page has resurfaced?
  • A Priest is preaching his sermon to the motley crew of elderly, God fearing, congregation.
    Suddenly there is a smell of sulphur, a blinding light, and there is a red eyed, horned guy.
    The priest and the congregation run
    Other than one old guy
    “I am the devil, Lucifer, I kill your dreams, will make you roast in hell. You have no escape from me. I am evil incarnate, why have you not run away from me?”
    “I’ve been married to your fecking sister for fifty years”
  • Chicks have flown the nest. Hope all is well. Twiggy is bereft.
  • Sweet spot my arse!
  • Now what you do in your lunch break is no concern of ours @BrianN
  • @DesperateDan chick's blow the scene, don't worry plenty more fish in sea man.
  • Did I ever mention that when I was younger I used to work on the Waltzer? Anyways one day I spun a car round so fast an old biddy fell out. They sacked me on the spot so I sued for funfair dismissal.
  • You'll like these @hunnybunny :
    Woman crying. Concerned bystander asks "What's wrong?"
    "They've just found my husband's body... it wasn't where I left it."

A woman stands over her husband's body as a neighbour arrives. The neighbour asked what had happened.
    She said "He's been poisoned"
    "Oh my" said the neighbour "but why is he all bruised?"
    "Well he didn't want to take it."
  • @hunnybunny's are better.

Anyway, we've got to big it up for @comex666 who has now reached 500 puppies. That's way past platinum. If he comes in here he can have that half pint of heavy that @ixan57 didn't want. Bit flat but shame for it to go to waste.
  • You in Devon @brianN? Just make sure you get your jam and butter the right way round on those scones or you won't be leaving anytime soon.
  • Don't know why I bother with you lot. Anyway we should have been on the road but our boy decided he'd gash his leg on Tuesday. Very deep cut but fortunately on the shin so not to much blood. At Dundee A&E till 2.00am could only apply paper stitches as the skin had widened too much as it dried out. However we needed to get the wound checked and 10.30am was as soon as we could get an appointment. We had booked iin to an Air Hop place in Bristol for the kids but we need Air Limp. They kindly gave us a full refund so that was something. Hope to head off soon.
  • Hello all!
    @Desperate_Dan George Clooney works OK for me, no problem!

https://youtu.be/YpFWbzcvIwo

Yes enjoying the Jubilee!

https://youtu.be/jS6YivEt6-4

• Ouch @BrianN All best wishes for a speedy recovery ❤️
  • That boy is as tough as old boots just like his dad @tompuss. I remember breaking my arm playing football at school. It had snapped into an s-shape and I walked over to the games teacher and said "Sir I think I broke my arm."
    He said "I think you have!"And that was that.
    We had stiff upper lips in those days. The arm wasn't so stiff unfortunately.
  • I see @kathy has been active in the last couple of days. There's a bucket of crispy pig ears waiting...
  • Twiggy has a magic lick that makes everything feel better.
  • Well @kathy are you feeling active? As you may have gathered we've arrived in Bristol and my boy is more miffed about missing out on Air Hop than about his gammy leg. Considering our late departure the drive down was relatively smooth. Not much in the way of road works, no accidents, no idiots on the road(except for me obviously).
    Our son even provides amusement in his sleep. He's already fallen out of bed once. I said to the missus "Anything we can do about that?" She said "Yeah, have a good laugh!"
    That's what he's gotta deal with.
Post in the New Forum!