The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3025
  • 159654 Comments
  • Hey @kathy, guess which Jim Carrey film today's challenge reminds me of?
  • In terms of having above av scores there's only one level I missed. But I haven't pushed myself much beyond that. ABO that is. Seasons is impossible because of the changes made over the years. I've managed it in the other games as well tho, SW11 was the toughest as you have to compete with folk who like to swap characters.
    But I do like the randomness of the challenge, it's helped me improve my game. Feed the hungry. Cure sickness. Bring about world peace and allow women to dream of being equal to men. And it was all @kathy's idea.
  • I'm pretty sure it's SWII not SW11 lol. But I do agree, Character Swaps are basically like Power-Ups in my vision.
  • Wot? You mean you missed SW3-11?
  • I told you guys Asher was working on a new secret formula.
  • I guess i did @Brian hahaha
  • Hey guys! I've been challenged to the challenge!!
    Going to watch Peaky Blinders and no @DesperateDan I don't know what it means?
    See ya all tommorow, have I mentioned before I hate Mondays??
  • Although if I were to guess on the meaning, it'd say it has something to do with blinding thier rival gangs in there peeky eyeballs with the razors in their scully caps brim? Or the brim of their skuly caps brim being a blinder to their eyes so their enemies can't see their shifty eyeballs?
    Nighty Night Birdy friends
  • Ok @BrianN you've got my attention? What was all my idea ?
    @Azurill Lol pokemon, when it first came out i was searching them, found many hiding in my workplace..hee hee But i never got into walking around the city searching, i found pikachu (i think?, thur little cute yellow one? ) and i was content.
    Watching Peaky Blinders i's bringing me to a state of political confusion¿?¿?
    Dreamland is calling..

Ohhh noo breaking the rules, cancel political talk in pub..
  • Yes, the peaky bit just refers to the peak (brim) of the cap. I have not watched it but a rough knowledge of 1920s British history might help, e.g. the problems in Ireland, the rise of working class unions, emergence of Facism, etc as well as reference to real people like Winston Churchill well before he became the wartime hero. So good luck with all that! I guess it has been written well enough to smooth you through.
  • My friend is a big Pokemon Go fan and says that the Detective Pikachu film is really good. It is aimed at children but she is 38.

https://youtu.be/14oPwBal7l4
  • Fun Fact: I forgot to charge my phone overnight! Yay! I might still do the challenge though.
  • Well, this challenge reminded me how much worse marmosets are compared to pigs. One of the 2 marmosets on the right would survive way too many times.
  • Yes @kathy, there is a lot of moving scenery in Peaky Blinders and yes it helps to have a working knowledge of British history. However it's essentially about one family(the Shelby's), and how they adapt their criminal enterprise to suit a changing social and political landscape. So sit back and enjoy the violence... er... I mean ride... that's what I meant.
    Some faces more familiar to you guys over the pond pop in later on. Adrien Brody for one, Tom Hardy I think in S2 becomes a regular. He's brilliant in it, but then what isn't he brilliant in?
    Speaking of which, has anyone seen Locke? Essentially it's Tom driving a car for an hour and a half. Sound dull? It's gripping stuff watching his life unravel via a series of hands free phone calls. And his Welsh accent is Bob on.
  • They are a very rare breed of marmoset @azurill.Latin name marmosetti trunkuloafus. Meaning 'boxes drop on our head but we don' t die' marmoset.
  • Nope @Brian Menthol Melissa only gave me 5, and I smoked them sparingly :)
    I've had about 6 regulars today, bit bad, but I do better on weekends, the schedule at work is addicting, the mindset of "I better smoke now, or else I'll have to wait until next break"
    Aha! That's the answer, I should quit my job! Thanks Brian :)
    @Azurill I assume your from somewhere across the pond, seeing as your time zone aligns with Brian and Dan?
    Actually @DesperateDan Peaky Blinders is set in the 1940's early 50's I think after the second world war. I knew it had something to do with those skuly caps ;)
    Not going anywhere near the challenge today, since I lost progress in Rio , I still have a lot of catching up to do, can't be arsed tonight.
    OB I'll have a Drink please, a SunUpper on the Rocks, haven't had that for a while.
    Off to watch my show.. I'll be lurking about! Probably fall asleep..
  • @BrianN congrats on your shiny new Bronze Underdog.
  • Ooohhh Congrats @Brian sorry I didn't get the notice!
    Hi @Karen68 :D
  • Hi @kathy, Peaky Blinders does indeed start just after the war but it is the First World War. So series 1 is in 1919 and then the other 4 series to date run through the 1920s. You can tell it's really old because they don't have mobile phones!
  • Well done @brianN. I am finding those pups elusive at the moment. I loved the marmoset level and really thought I could get one there but I am afraid it was a classic Bluestacks level as @asher proved by whipping all our asses real good.

Pigs or marmosets? Good question. Can you eat marmoset?
  • Of course, we have to marmalise the marmosets. Does that translate across the pond? You can use it in Scrabble. Said to be a combination of marmalade and pulverised.

Hmm, marmalised marmoset on toast with a little marmalade. Could catch on. See what you can do OB.
  • Twiggy would eat it. She would eat anything. Caught the little terror eating my hostas yesterday.
  • I don't want to wade into the philosophical debate pig v marmoset which is better? It's troubled academia for centuries. I'll leave it to more erudite minds. However I do know breakfast foods. My money's on bacon roll over marmoset marmalade on toast every time. In fact OB looks quite queasy. Oh no, he's doing his traffic light impersonation, he's gone from orange to green. Wouldn't wanna be in ur shoes when he turns red @desperatedan.
  • Thanks guys BTW, didn't know I'd earned the badge. Had a look at badge and rankings to find out what that was about. Noticed the Sharpshooter badge(probably need bluestacks to get it) but seeing as ur there @karen68 (tho I know ur everywhere) what constitutes an episode?
    For instance if I chose Ham Dunk would it have to be all the sections or could I just go for say one of the NBA sections that has 15 levels(are they even eligible?)
    Anyhoo, I'm open to suggestions about what might be good to go for. I know what ur thinking Dan, why not go for Pig Days.
  • Had to agree with you about yesterday's challenge @desperatedan. Fully expected the Dr to move into 3rd place. Almost didn't bother with it but then thought this is a really good level for the challenge and so I did the android challenge. Last time I looked we were 1st and 2nd!
  • @Brian I don't think the NBA segments in Ham Dunk count, as they're not even playable in the current version. Maybe you could try Fry me to the Moon as it's only 10 levels...?
  • @BrianN yes in a I’m a Bluestacks-free zone.
    It has to be an entire episode like Big Setup, Hogs & Kisses, Pig Dipper etc.
    FMTM has only 10 levels & there has to be at least 15.

The rules are here -
    https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/sharpshooter-badge-read-here-new-badge/

I would suggest anywhere in Space Mirror Worlds as there aren’t a ton of scores entered.
  • Oh, ok. So i assume stuff like YotD and Cherry Blossom count because those have exactly 15.
  • Those could also be good candidates i suppose, but YotD is pretty hard. I don't know about Cherry Blossom.
  • Cherry Blossom is tough too. And I think there’s at least one level where self-destruction has been fixed so you have no chance of making the top 20 unless you play an old version.
  • Ouch. Well there go both of those haha.
  • Thanks for your suggestions. It's a jungle out there. Maybe I should try Rio.
  • What about invasion of the crown snatchers.
    Sorry Kathyboard typo not. Egg
  • The space Challenge today seems to imply the level has got harder. The big guns can't even crack the top 10. I have spent far too long and even on what looked like a brilliant go I am still at the bottom of the class. Not worth a whine, the level isn't worthy of it.
  • I had to send my marmoset on toast back. It was tough. Apparently they are out of season.
  • Hey guys.. just saying hi.. and good night
    Tomorrow I'll catch up
    Say prayers for @Gumby
  • I wish i didn't care about political stuff, makes it hard to watch Peaky Blinders without keep googling the political terms and references:/
  • Has @gumby had some kind of relapse? Thought he was doing well.
  • Oh hey, Boba Fett Missions! I totally forgot those even existed lol. Also i apparently already have above-average on this level so time to aim for the top 100!
  • Wow, that took a while, but it didn't feel like it took long. Probably because i was taking breaks hehe.
  • @brianN @gumdy has just gone through a operation yesterday. I hope you understand he will tell the details himself if he wishes. But I think he recovering OK. He will tell that hopefully soon. I will let him know you where enquiring about him.
  • @kathy WASSSSSSUUUUUPPPPP
    @BrianN i haven't been around much because I am back in the hospital. I have had 5 more blood transfusions and another surgery. I am still kicking. Just not flinging at the moment.
  • Hey @gumby, you've been thru the grinder. Is it connected to your previous illness if you don't mind me asking?
  • @BrianN it is all connected somehow. Hopefully it will be done with soon.
  • @gumby Sending positive vibes your way (and my using that phrase pretty much identifies whIch generation I’m from!).
  • Hopefully this spell in Hospital will sort it out. You must be on first name terms with all the nurses. Nite all.
  • Yes, all the best @gumby. Your last spell in hospital did your flinging no harm. Let's hope this one will be the same. We need someone to beat @brianN, he seems to be on fire.
  • Now let's just give that fez a good brush. Perfect.
Post in the New Forum!