The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2995
  • 159663 Comments
  • I'm just dreading when someone puts something Christmassy on the jukebox.
  • Yes, the history revisionists are having a field day. When The Mighty Boosh gets pulled from various platforms for racist content there's something wrong somewhere.

Just don't mention the war.
  • At this rate we will hit page 3000 on Xmas day. Not obsessed...really...couldn't give a fig...gosh is that the page, hadn't noticed...
  • But it is cold and wintry so I'll put this on.
    https://youtu.be/Yg_dsk7u26A
  • Hey@desperatedan, wot's happened to Derby County this season? They have Holmes and Watson playing for them, a defender called Wisdom. Yet they're still bottom of the league. Go figure.

I wouldn't mind betting Moriarty has something to do with it.
  • Speaking of great comedy set in a hotel(which we were (p) ages ago) Can anyone remember an American comedy set in, I think, your neck of the woods @kathy New England or Vermont. Can't recall the character names but the maid was really funny, totally narcissistic and me-centric.
  • Totally narcissistic and me-centic? No-one is like that in the States.

• No that wasn't it, was definitely a TV series @tompuss.But unlike the endless repeats of Friends(which I hate) or Cheers/Frasier(which I love) I've never seen it rerun in the UK. But it would've been around the same time as the film u suggest.
  • Gi's a clue on the Challenge @brianN, I can't get diddly squat today.
    Good flinging BTW.
  • @BrianN was it Bob Newhart or someone like that?

This was the editorial cartoon in my paper today. Kind of says it all.

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/editorial_cartoon/2020/12/06/greg-perry-good-grief.html?fbclid=IwAR3wuSKB1PdcMTFlVWd2hOs52kK7H3_H7mtGS5XDBF0wFsr64L0llTDGzBk

And did someone ask for Christmas music?
    One of my favourites.

• Hey @desperatedan,saw some pixel perfect descriptions of where to lob pink.As for my advice,lob her at the far right tower and hope for the best.There is quite a wide latitude as to what can get a good score.Definitely a rinse and repeat level.@gumby is doing well,maybe he has a suggestion.
  • Thanks @karen68.Not only was it Bob Newhart but the show was called Newhart and it was set in Vermont.You really are the oracle.
  • Hang on, was that a picture I saw just now? I thought we couldn't do that.
  • I'm still having trouble navigating to the pub. Am I the only one? @gumby's suggestions have no effect.
  • I usually have problems navigating home from the pub.Drop down boxes still not working properly for me either.@ixan57 suggested using desktop setting in chrome but haven't tried that.Bit paranoid about getting logged out again.
  • Gah.Just noticed @hoy49 did a meanguy on me at 2:47am.
  • @brianN understand your concern. But is simple just 2 clicks. As soon as you have done your nest business just untick the box and you are back at your original settings. A first i was weary but now I do the process 2 or 3 times a day without even thinking. Remember if you encounter problems (i did not on a Android tablet) just untick the box and all will be back the way it was. if I leave the box ticked when I go to other sites (especially email) it is in different format. I don't like that but each to their own taste
  • Double gah,@asher just pipped me tonite.At least he has the decency to post his score at a reasonable hour.
  • Triple gah! Seasons Greedings!Which sadist requested that?Wot?Don't look at me like that.I was only joking.Hasn't anyone round here got a sense of humour?

Gotta stop playing the challenge,it's making me gah-gah.
  • Hi @brianN did you give the desk top tick a try
  • @brianN So, you think that playing the challenge is making you gah-gah? Perhaps...and I base this on personal experience...you were always a bit gah-gah? Why else would one find themselves compelled to compete in level after level, year after year? Without the Nest’s scoreboards, strategies and community - would we still be as addicted? I can’t even blame COVID-19’s requirements for staying home, since I seem to have been involved here for, well, let’s just say a few years.

Just to be clear: a sense of humor and sarcasm are two of my favorite things
  • Hi Catsnbirds nice flinging.@comex666 set a pretty high bar early on.Are you using E-Star vid method?It seems it requires a very precise shot that even when delivered correctly doesn't always pay off.Followed by a very precise shot that doesn't always pay off.That's Angrybirds for ya.

I must admit my AB obsession is def fuelled by the Nest.Tho I don't get too bothered about getting a higher score than others it's more about getting a score I'm happy with.
    For instance in today's challenge after playing for a while I settled on 75k as a mark.Unfortunately I've hit 74k 4×,my obsession means I have to carry on playing.
    Altho I have considered loosening the bolts on @asher's comfy chair.

As for humour and sarcasm,I haven't really noticed any here in the BP.
  • Hi @ixan57.I did try it on my phone but would u believe it,I got logged out of the nest again.Don't use my phone a lot for nest/bird activity. But was able to get back on again.To be honest I'm not too bothered about having to use secondary means to get around the nest,I just mentioned for @desperatedan's benefit.But thanks for ur helpful spirit,I'm sure it works well in most cases.When it comes to technology I think I'm cursed.
  • Sorry @ixan57, your suggestion doesn't work for me.
  • Yes, BrianN, I used E-stars video strat. Sounds like we had the same entertainment today: shoot, whoops... shoot, whoops... shoot, hurray!, shoot, whoops... Until finally two in a row that raised my score enough to let me move on to something else.
  • @DesperateDan See the star at the top of the page? Click that on, that will save the a bookmark in your browser, whenever you get out of the pub, to to your bookmark in your browser, it will bring you to this page, you may be a couple pages behind but better than being movie out! You can always jump ahead to the current page.
    Hope that helps.
    Sorry to pop and run, not feeling well..
  • Hey @kathy,you did say 'pop' and run?Hope ur feeling better soon.
  • Still not feeling well, But also wanted to add that comex666 has a YouTube channel with tons of videos,, I'm sure he wont mind my sharing it I can figure out how! He usually posts videos in the walkthrough, I find them more helpful for high scores than Estar videos, (sorry my dear friend, but you know I love your videos, )is all about the high score, you know;)
  • Hope this works , it is a link to comes you tube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPBnSDfPLX1P1Wl9wnXmcuw
  • Thanks @kathy. I have had a terrible time ever since the Xmas challenges began. Need a bit of help.
  • Think we all need a bit of help with today's challenge. What a poopy level, given that the destabilising effect seems to have been fixed. Reading the walk thru comments it seems moot that it was beneficial. But a head start of 60k seems advantageous to me
    Nearly as bad as that Rio challenge we had a while back. Remember? It came with a recipe. One of Mrs Beeton's I believe. "Take one marmoset, gently break it's heart by peppering it with stones, slow cook for 2 hrs while still alive and hey Presto :a score 20k more than it's possible to get now.
  • Hey @karen68 whoever chose this one should be named and shamed.! I didn't realise Ebenezer Scrooge was a member of the nest community.
  • Something wrong with my phone. There must be! I just can't even get off the bottom if the Challenge list day after day. I hate Christmas. Give me an ABO level. I want one and I want it now!

Toddler tantrum. Who does that remind you of?

Please don't throw me out, it's cold outside.
  • Anyway, anyone know anything about using Bluestacks for precise cursor control? I have it on my PC. I also have a really early version of ABO (1.5.1 l think) that may have unstable levels. I'm resorting to anything now. Thinking of buying a high tech chair and a comfy keyboard as well. Or something like that.
  • Hey, there are some snowy ABO levels. Kind of Christmassy. Just saying.
  • Hey @desperatedan don't go over to the dark side, you'll hate urself in the morning.
  • @desperatedan many of the wintery levels are very tough. Some of my worst scoring. Most are rinse and repeat and hope for some luck.
  • Don't know if you checked out the walk through notes on today's challenge, but it seems @dr o'neski knows about bluestacks. Describes it as a permitted power up. Interesting to know why the nest allows the saving of shot co-ordinates but won't permit use of the telescope PU. Maybe our resident birdy oracle can shed light on that one.
    If ur desperate Dan(or is it Dave? Or Rodney?) Might be worth tapping him up about it, he seems like a good egg.
  • @BrianN is it Bluestacks specifically or does playing on a PC in general allow that? I’m not sure, never used either for playing. But it is annoying. A permitted powerup is one way to look at it. Definitely a bit of an advantage.
  • Main reason for getting Bluestacks was to allow me to load up some old versions of ABO in search of weird things that have been fixed now.

Anyway, bottom of the Challenge again today. I am trying but I do seem to have completely lost my mojo.
  • Just to clarify, I didn't want to risk losing my PC scores, so having another version of ABO in an Android emulator gives me access to about 80 back versions that I can dip into to find the collapsing levels that others have benefitted from. But it's such hard work tracking down which level does what, I doubt whether I will find the time. I do have another life, you know.
  • Like I said, get to page 3000 and I will reveal my true identity. But only if we get there before the end of the year.

It's not Voldemort.
  • @BrianN people also use a memory mouse like asher.
    As for why we can't use the telescope PU is the fact that it can't be distinguished from use of other power upside. You could use a Shockwave and it would look the same as if you used telescope.
  • Hey @gumby, nobody uses a memory mouse like @asher.Btw don't play pairs with a memory mouse, you won't have a squeak of a chance.

Hope you didn't leave ur mojo on the kitchen table @desperatedan.I think Twiggy may have eaten it. Has she suddenly become very good at playing angry birds?
  • @desperatedan there’s a forum for levels like that. Lots of pages to scroll through but it might help.

https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/self-destroying-and-unstable-levels/
  • @BrianN and @desperatedan If you want a break from advent you could always try South HAMerica level 1-7. I discovered a 0 bird there back in May 2017. Not many have noticed or taken advantage of it. It is a top scoring strategy.
  • Hi @karen68,how is my favourite Canadian oracle?Hope all is well.Regarding the advantage of PC over other formats.I've always known that you could reset your first shot,which is obv helpful on levels where a one birders gets top score.But if I understood what the good Dr was saying yesterday with Blue stacks you can more or less reset every shot on any level.
    As you know there are some fiendish levels dotted about angrybirds that require 3 sometimes 4 precise shots in a row to get near top score.This must be too much of an advantage.As to whether other android emulators can provide the same function I don't know.I presume the reason it's allowed is because it's impossible to police.
    I've only ever used PC to play the Nesquik cereal promotional levels and you might recall my angst ridden post about trying to play the GE level in short fuse.It seems easier to play the game touch screen on android so there are pros and cons I guess.At the end of the day if I was that bothered I would have tried it by now,it's open to everyone.
    I would though like to know a bit more about how it works @desperatedan.For the reason that you mention,being able to have lots of different versions in one place would be well handy.
    Do need the premium service?How much space does it take up?(I'm way down the pecking order when it comes to electronic devices my PC only has 32 gig)As far as I know you can't have more than one version of the same game on android,how does Blues racks manage it?
    If any of you guys can explain these things to me in baby terms it would be appreciated.
  • No jokes about Blues racks please.
  • Well guys you may remember Derbyshire's finest revealed that his name wasn't Dan but would tell all when we got to p3000. Behold.... he's backtracking already, now said page must be reached by the turn of the year.
    We've ruled out Voldemort and Rumpelstiltskin. Is it Bruce Banner? Peter Parker or Bruce Wayne? We shall only find out by speeding up posting.
    @kathy u r the heart and soul of this joint. We need u well. We must be near the the bottom of the page. Don't u want a nice sparkly crown on ur head? A quick volley of one word posts is required. You don't wanna be on my blacklist(maybe u r having nest withdrawal symptoms)
    @catsnbirdsndogsnfrogs we need more video links of men playing with towels(but preferably women) (women playing with towels not with men-gotta draw the line)
    @tompuss ditto, but nanny and Maru and hannah(playing with boxes)
    @karen68 more facts about self destroying and destabilising levels
    @gumby more 0 bird strategies(did come across a live one a couple of years ago, can't even remember which game it was never mind level. It involved a small rock slowly dropping down till it hit tnt and sometimes the whole level went.
    Anyway I digress, I for my part shall provide a steady stream of absolute rubbish. Remember, this mission is time sensitive. Let's be 'avin' you. That goes for you too @ixan57,get posting.
    And before you ask @desperatedan, no I haven't been drinking, not yet anyway.
Post in the New Forum!