The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2989
  • 159659 Comments
  • Selling Ice Cream on Halloween? Id be suspicious of that!
  • Well @Karen68 @BrianN I guess the Princess thought that was just plain rude too!
    Halloween Scrooge!
  • So did I just get the Fez And the Crown?¿ Seems to be happening to all of us lately lol!
    Fez is up for grabs.. Any takers? Is free..
    I'm keeping my Crown, it's been gone to long lol..
    *Starts polishing*
  • Not sure where u r @karen68,but England just announced month long lock down. Scotland will no doubt follow suit. Prepare for more toilet paper shortages. Hey@kathy what r u up to? Still in a Netflix coma. Have u got that Internet problem sorted out yet?
  • OK cancel my last post. @kathy has obviously entered the building.
  • @kathy WASSSSUUUPP
    @desperatedan The Ice cream truck guy was an evil clown disguised as an ice cream truck sales guy.

I have never had trick or treaters here. Lived here almost 15 years now.
  • @BrianN I’m in Canada. They put some restrictions back in place here but not all of them. So far.

Haven’t been here much recently but I see @kathy still has her crown reasonably intact. :)
  • Guys, guys, slow down a bit. At this sudden burst in the rate of posting, we'll get to Page 3000 sometime in early January. Poor old OB isn't used to it. He's not as young as he used to be.
  • Although my calculations could be wrong. My math(s) teacher called me average. How mean.
  • How frustrating, I posted a puppy score on tha Halloween Challenge about 4 hours too late.
  • Guess that's why it's called the 'daily' challenge @desperatedan.
  • Yes @karen68.kathy swooped in at the last minute on her broomstick and nicked the Crez from Dan's head.
  • How do I access today's Challenge (the Rio one)? Thanks.
  • Hi @desperatedan.If u can access leader boards, there's a link to the challenge at the top of the page. I wouldn't bother, @asher's at it again.
  • Sorry, what meant was, where is that level? I think I need to unlock it but I don't know how much unlocking that will involve.
  • Sorry, thought u were having the same problem as me in accessing the challenge page. You will need to collect all 10 golden chests scattered about 'high dive'. Their locations are found in the 'golden fruit & items' section in the Rio walkthroughs. Most of them r quite easy to get.
  • Oh dear, I haven't even got to high dive yet so it's not looking promising. @Asher can have it.
  • @BrianN notice you are on Android like myself. Your problems accessing leaderboard problems should go away if you follow the instructions.
    On your browser where you type in the address to access the nest on the right side of that there is 3 vertical dots.
    Click on that and up will get drop down menu.
    Put a tick in the box that says desktop site.
    Refresh the page and that should sort your problems.
    If you don't like the view on other sites you visit just untick the box and back again when you visit the nest.
  • @kathy you can keep that big lump of metal, your welcome to. I've still got bruising on my head after your Reckless throwing about the last time.
  • Now I am even more confused. Where is High Dive? This hasn't been a good week.
  • Thanks for that @ixan57.I'm still able to get around the nest for now and assume the glitches will eventually sort themselves out. But if things get worse will keep ur post in mind.
  • High dive is the second set of levels in Rio 2.Been a long time since I played them from scratch. You may have to unlock all of Rio 1 to get there. In which case a bout of unrelenting tedium awaits. Hurry, the challenge finishes in but 3 hours!

Maybe we should invoke the mysterious powers of @karen68 to determine this feathery conundrum. Don't think I can handle another saga.
  • Wow!! A sudeen flurry of business! I guess that means OB figured out how to work the Neon sign! ( *whispers* your so right @DesperateDan , he's not getting any younger)
    @BrianN Rio used to be my favourite when i first discovered AB, but I've lost progress so many times, and then they added the Power Ups and such i lost interest!
    Asher must have access to all the older versions with glitches and all the good stuff !
    I nominate @Ixan57 for Director of the Nest , and Finder of Fixes all things Nest!
    We need to talk to @BirdLeader for New Badges for Karen and Ixan!
  • And @ixan57 my apolgies for Tossing the Hunk of Metal around lol, next time Duck heehee: what a.pita with the drop down menu not working!
    @Sweetp can you fix it? I did tell Birdleader last week but he hasn't replied, sorry for the delay I've been having connection issues on all my devices,
  • I just thought, the uptodown site has access to much older versions if you want. So I guess you could chase back to find glitches that were fixed. But that would probably mean using a different device I guess. Sounds a bit obsessive.
    But as far as Rio goes, I can't get the Rio2 levels, oddly. Not really bothered, I don't really like most of Rio. So many levels look so similar.
  • @DesperateDan I will look into it in the morning. Nighty-night.
  • First you lose Mirror world, then you lose Rio2. That's very careless @desperatedan.
  • @desperatedan At the bottom of the Rio episode screen there is a sliding tab that goes between Rio and Rio2? Anyways half the Rio levels are on one side and the others you get when you flip the tab to the right.
  • Doh! Of course you are right @gumby. This has been a bad week. Meanwhile @brianN, way to go on today's Challenge. But in the worst possible position really, not quite earning the pup (yet).
  • Wotcha @desperatedan,way to go. Hope you get that trophy as well as a pup. (ask for a wolf cub)
    As for me, I think I'm all challenged out. My guess is 'They' set the challenge algorhythm to full speed ahead boring. The last few, including yesterday's have not been up my street. Had a shot at teatime and within 1/2 hour had hit 44k 4x.Put my top score in then noticed an email this morning from the nest (time 2:53 am) saying someone called @meanguy had beaten my score for the day.
    If that's when he posted his score he's really living up to his name! Seems our friends Stateside have a bit of an advantage timing wise.
  • I know I said I was all challenged out. But had a look at walkthru for today's challenge. You sneaky beast Dan. That score you posted was from March. Never mind a puppy you should get a sly old dog badge for that one.
    I'd be coming after you, but for some reason after beating my previous best score it's just coming up as 'level cleared' rather than high score. Is this normal for ABO?
    That and the rain is clearing up. My ladder awaits. Must work on that raindance.
  • @BrianN that's normal for ABO, stopped showing new high score a while ago. Who knows why. But the tally screen still works for a puppy.

• @BrianN it doesn't matter if your puppy score is beaten by meanguy, asher or anybody else. You only need to beat the highscore that existed when the daily challenge started. There could be 20 people that get a puppy in one challenge.
  • Thanks for that @karen68.If they were called kittens I might try harder.
    Also to @gumby.Altho was able to get some gud scores yesterday, think @sglouk might have taken a couple of years to beat his mark.
    @desperatedan,pretty high bar u set there. If I do manage to beat ur score, gonna set my alarm for 2:59am and post my numbers (heh heh)
  • Hmm, don't trust @asher has given up yet, and there is always @vuelva lurking in the shadows. Never know when he might pop out. But @meanguy has done that to me before. I reckon he just waits so there's no time to respond. Not that I would at that hour.
    And yes, it's an annoying aspect that previous scores posted are overwritten. For the record I was in 3rd place before so I was delighted to improve from that high starting point.
    Anyway, drinks on me to wet my fourth puppy's head.
  • Done for the night, gonna watch some footy. Hope meany doesn't nick ur trophy at 2:53.
  • Sorry i missed most of the conversation, but a song popped into my head thought I'd let the Jukebox :D
    https://youtu.be/OukwGBpnuXE
  • Hey @brianN, another good Challenge score today and great BP representation at the top. I don't mind @steviep147 grabbing the trophy, he used my strategy and said thanks. I'll have quick go to get it back though.
  • Droneski haring downhill to take the trophy. Is he taking the piste?
  • Are we calling it ectoplasm or ghost jelly?
  • @brianN, did you see someone else nipped in and claimed top spot by 10 points at the very end. A bit odd considering they didn't have any other scores anywhere. Admins following up, could be genuine, just no proof given yet.
    Another example of a dodgy close result?
    I'll get my coat.
  • Sounds like a matter for the supreme Court. Hey @kathy,You surviving over there? Hope u don't go outside with ur axe. Looks like trouble brewing.
  • Have you tried @comex666 video strat for today's challenge? Basically same as @estar,but on speed. Good fun. Got 131k using it. That's my final offering, off to bed.
  • Checking in on my phone, tablet is otherwise engaged in Netflix.. trying to navigate the nest without drop down menu
    @Sweetp any word when the fix will be in?
  • My bad, seems to be fixed lol :D
    Cancel @Sweetp lol cause alarm..oppsie.
  • Hmmm, @kathy, my drop downs are still dodgy. That's not a euphemism. Didn't really bother with the Challenge @brianN, found that ectoplasm too annoying.
  • Good job @desperatedan, mean guy was up to his old tricks again. Had another email from the nest at 2:53Have to hand it to him, he's got that down to a fine art. Maybe I'm doing him a disservice, perhaps he's so good he doesn't start playing till 2:45 am. Then 'Hey Presto!' Top score for the day.
    Sounds like ur Internet is still down @kathy.Hope u get a refund from ur service provider. That must be 3 weeks now. Watching Blacklist on a tablet can't be much fun.
  • Was royally entertained on my way home by the most beautiful sunset. The clouds were quite low and thin, shaped like cigars and as the sun dipped all different shades of orange and red reflected off the clouds. A real stress buster after a hard day. Some of the numpties u have to deal with. Had a customer say "I think you've left a mark on one of the windows"
    "OK" I said, "show me".
    So he points to this tiny mark, a little piece of spider poo(and a small spider at that.)
    I said "Yeah I see that, but if you want me to forensically clean ur windows you'll have to give me more than £20."
    Some people eh?

Has the old fart left the Whitehouse yet to make way for the other one? Don't you have a generous pension scheme in the US? Seems a shame these old guys have to carry on working.
  • @kathy for sleeping and @BrianN, I think you’ll like this too:

Twilight aerobatics:

https://youtu.be/8ijQJAwLP9s
Post in the New Forum!