The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2987
  • 159591 Comments
  • https://youtu.be/NG_q2NoP7dk
    Ok, it's gone a bit quiet so I'll put something a bit different on.
    Let's Eat Grandma. Written by 14 year old kids.
    Blew me away.
  • Oh no, it's happened. I've got a crown and a fez. Panic!
  • We have accelerated. Could reach Page 3000 by March 15. Really not obsessed...
  • @BrianN, @all

TienShenLong is off the Nest. . . but sends dragon greetings to you all and:
    FLING LONG AND PROSPER!

For good cheer, here’s the latest from Nanny:

Nanny and The Game of Thrones:

https://youtu.be/qc9JrNPhcwc
  • Are we calling it a Frown or a Crez? El Crezidente has a ring to it.
    Anyway. Did you miss me? Never mind, keep flinging, I'm sure you'll hit me next time. Which reminds me, did I ever tell you about a real life angry birds situation I had a while back?
    "No Brian, please tell us about your real life angry birds experience."
    Alright then, since you insist.
    I was driving along in my automobile, tearing along at 50mph on the Montrose/Forfar Road. When all of a sudden, out of nowhere(OK, it was actually over a high hedge) this bird comes flying at me. Didn't even see it till it went past the windscreen, it smashed into plastic panel on the front of the car, not content with that, rolled underneath and broke the plastic tray below. No I wasn't driving a plastic pedal car(50mph?cmon,keep up, it was a very flat road, not the North face of the Eiger)
    I swear, if Asher had fired the thing at me from a giant catapult he couldn't have done more damage. I know we're supposed to be bird friendly here, but that little beezer was plain rogue. Plus point, that was tea sorted. And very pheasant it was too.
  • Well, you guys certainly have been busy this past week. Everything from culinary tips(thanks for that @gumby,I now know that Findus crispy pancakes sure taste better straight out the oven) to square shaped wombat poo(you can always count on @desperatedan)Btw,did the boffins ever get to the bottom of that? Or are they just going thru the motions? I have a theory. Maybe wombats like snacking on rubik's cubes.
    Also, have you been kidnapping ageing London supermodels again? What have I told you about that? And feeding her scraps under the table won't keep her sweet. These ladies are extremely high maintenance. Well, not helping u out this time. Still getting demanding phone calls from Kate Moss.
    Well, gotta go. That's irate Kate on the phone. Want's "more sex on the beach, and bring a cocktail with you." Ever feel that life is one long chore?
  • Phew, my BP button wasn't working for a day, but now it's back. But I have absolutely nothing to say.
  • Hi BPer's @TomPuss is experiencing problems like other nesters getting the drop down menus so can't visit here. Tompuss sends her regards
  • I logged in and out to cure the problem. I'd been logged in so long I had to guess my password.
  • Took ur life in ur hands logging out. That caused me no end of problems a few weeks back. Seems the nest has a few jitters at the moment. Cured my inability to log in by doing it via Facebook option.
    Anyone out there good at crosswords? I'm stuck on one word. U_U_U_L
    Don't know what it is, but it must be unusual.
  • It certainly is. Drop down gone again. Has BP gone into lockdown? Are we in here illegally? Are the pigs coming for us? @kathy where are you? HHEEEELLLLPPPPP!
  • Maybe we could get those scientists to take a break from trying to determine whether cats are liquid or solid. Those huge brains should be used for the important things in life, like fixing glitches. Failing that, there are some very clever techy dudes lurking about the nest. Sending out an SOS(Yea, let's get the police involved as well.)
    Speaking of liquid cats@Tompuss,what an absolute beauty Nanny the cat is.
  • Twiggy is not keen on cats. Or bicycles, people or other dogs. She does however really like carrots, peas, brussel sprouts, mange-tout, cabbage and edamame beans. She is also eating the jukebox. We can't leave the BP in case we can't get back in again. Could be a long night.
  • What do you do in Montrose @brianN? Apart from roadkill.
  • Hey Everyone!! Im here.. sorry i missed the changing of the Crown\Fez Crez?? Frown?? Whichever @DesperateDan they both look good on you¿ However Idk about At the same time lol! Sorry I've been AWOL , having internet issues, all 3 of my Smart TVs have gone Dumb.. Not receiving internet signal, so I've been watching my Netflix on my tablet, then I hear there's trouble getting into the Nest, and the BP!! I instructed OB to switch on our new and improved Neon Flashing 'Open' sign.. With the arrows, but I'm afraid @Gumbys magic Arrows disappeared the sign!!
    What'd Else did i miss?? Cats, Twiggy chasing cats and eating the jukebox!!
    I'll pick a song.. Let's have a theme..idk 50's dance music??
  • Off the wall music??
    *Puts nickel in the Jukebox whilst 'gently' pushing Twiggy out of the way with foot' *Ouch*

https://youtu.be/Rx47qrH1GRs

Twiggy not so gentle..OB a bandage please!!
  • Just for the record, I never sign out of the Nest , therefore stay signed in 24\7 that way I never have trouble signing in! Every once in a while the Nest goes down, Don't panic, if you ve stayed signed in, you'll still be here when the Site comes back online. If it's your 10 points a day your worried about, don't worry, if you remain signed in you'll receive your 10 daily points every 24 hours.
    I got booted 4x trying to finish that sentence! And I'm The Princess!! Hrrrmmpphh!!
  • @Gumby Waaassssuuuuupppp???
  • So... er.. Twiggy's a dog then? Not a cockney supermodel? Oops, awkward. Guess the drinks r on me again. (Wonder why Kate Moss keeps phoning me?!)
    My second guess would've been stick insect. Not sure it would survive long on that diet. Word of friendly advice, don't be striking any matches in that kitchen, the whole thing could go off.
    As for what I do in Montrose. Bit personal isn't it? MYOB Nosey Parker!
    Oh, you mean what do I do for a living? Ahem... awkward. Another round then? What's that? Bottle of Chateau Lafitte 67. What a Chancer.
    I have a couple of jobs at the moment, well, one's more of a hobby. I write Donald Trump's speeches. That disinfectant thing? That was me. (Hi @kathy that one's just for u) Hey, put that thing down, we don't want any more axidents. Let me get u a drink. Bloody Mary?
    My proper job? See if u can guess:-
    My first is in window but not in cleaner
    My second is in window but not in cleaner.
    My third is in... OK u get the idea there. Although I like call myself a ' glacial technician'. Others like to call me a 'pretentious git'. Take ur pick.
    It has it's ups and downs(did I just hear you groan @desperatedan)The fact that Winter is coming(just ask Nanny) doesn't thrill me but I like being self-employed. Beats working for the Man. (Does anyone know who he is BTW? Must have a lot of people working for him. It's not John Biden is it?) (See what I did there Kathy? Can't be seen influencing the election, I'll leave that to the Russians and the Chinese.
    One of my other hobbies is trying to master the native Indian rain dance for days when I really don't fancy working. Think I may have overdone it. Local flooding in Aberdeenshire. On to my third coffee. Think I'll catch up on some Europa League action. Meant to brighten up later.
    Before I go, news just in:Large pall of poisonous gas seen over Derby.
  • @kathy WAAAASSSUUUUPPP
  • @Gumby Waaassssuuuuupppp????
    Lol @BrianN lots to respond to, but I'm watching Netflix atm
    So Your Not a Window Washer, your a Window Cleaner? Or a Glacial Technician heehee
    And yes We are a Nosy bunch. Lol :D
  • @Tompuss here's to you, and thank you , hope you can join us soon ..
    https://youtu.be/oni0tO_HN30
  • No, @kathy,I'm so much more than a window washer. I provide a bespoke service for a discerning clientele.
    "Pretentious git"
    Who shouted that? Was that you @desperatedan?
    Anyway, @kathy,which one of ur 3 tv's r u watching Netflix on? Or is it your tablet? No wonder u keep having power outages, you must be sucking up the national grid in there!
  • Let's hope you are not using electricity generated by wind power. That kills birds not pigs. Oh dear, I am flirting with a banning order again...
  • Looks like you can get Angry Birds Original from the uptodown site, along with a whole load of other stuff Rovio have stopped distributing. That's a relief. I just got Rio and Space for the Daily Challenge. But what's all that Mirror World stuff?
  • Nobody seems to be listening, i have said in other places. Something has occurred that is affecting login and drop down menus. This only seems to affect non pc and laptop devices.
    I have experimented, most of the mobile devices probably on desktop mode. Here goes for Android:
    Browser address bar there is 3 dots (browser settings) to the right of the address bar at the right.
    Tap on this you will get a drop down menu. Mid way down you will see a box desktop site. Tick this, page should refresh and all functions in the nest should work.
    You may not like the set up in other sites. I.e my email home page. If that is the case do the reverse, only 3 clicks between sites. Not ideal but the best for the moment.
    Non Android i don't know. But assume if you go to your browser settings it will be the same.
    If you know of anyone with these problems please email them as they my not be able to access the nest.
    P.s all my login and drop-down menu problems solved.
  • Maybe a load of crap, don’t know anything about iOS but maybe a starting point
    https://www.imore.com/how-request-desktop-version-website-your-iphone-or-ipad
  • If you are not experiencing problems don't mess about.
  • Hey @ixan57 Thank you for your help, sorry i didn't realize the issues was so extensive!
    I've sent a note to @BirdLeader 'the Big Guy ' in the nest anyway.
    And i got your 'non political' side remark up there lol!!
  • @BrianN lol, sorry no insult intended,I can't catch up with you posts right now, but yeah I've been watching my Netflix on my tablet, because my 3 Smart tv's have gone dumb!
    Now mind you, 3 Smart TVs sound extravagant , but i have basically a bedroom flat, currently 3 people living here, so a Dumb tv in the 2 bedrooms and one in the living room.
    Makes no sense, as i have internet on my tablet, but now even Alexa is on strike!
    I can't figure out out, the cable guy couldn't figure it out! Who can?
  • @DesperateDan good find!!
    Mirror world is fun, is the opposite of regular space,a mirror version kind of, levels are the same basically but 'mirrored'
  • @kathy @ixan57 Thanks for magic link. . .here I am!

@brianN You’re an ice-cream guy?
  • Never mind @kathy,they've been dumbing down tv in Britain for years. And yes @tompuss,I'm a very nice guy. Even if I say so myself.
  • Hi @BrianN yes that was some rain dance you done, getting a fair old soaking here in Clydebank also. Tech issues and restrictions here in the cental belt have been driving me nuts. Thank god for the BP and my makeshift bedroom bar
  • @Tompuss :D good to you!! Happy you made it in :D
    @ixan57 yeah tech issues everywhere!
    @BrianN are you sure that's a Rain Dance your doing? Unless the Chinese have infiltrated The world Smart device, internet systems?!
    Hmm come to think of it my issues with internet started just about the same time you were dancing lol! Maybe try doing that dance in reverse mode , like in the mirror heehee!!
  • I tried tap dancing, but that seems to have made things worse.
  • Hey @ixan57,it always rains in Clydebank. I'm not taking the blame for that!
  • Thanks @ixan57, if things get really bad I will follow your advice. At the moment I seem to be stumbling at random into the BP. Quite a busy night tonight. Did someone say @brianN was selling ice creams? Or doing something with taps? Ah, must be a plumber. They charge so much I have often thought I am in the wrong job.
    @kathy, where is this mirror world then?
  • That Internet problem of yours seems to have been going on a while [email protected] say that the cable guy couldn't figure it out. He didn't come into ur house doing impressions of James T Kirk by any chance? Offer you tickets to a Medieval banquet? Want to be your best friend? It could have been Jim Carrey(OK if you haven't seen The Cable Guy this makes no sense at all). He's really funny but no good at sorting out Internet issues.
    Speaking of the great man, I once saw a clip of him doing a stand-up gig in Chicago. He came onstage with his arms kind of tangled up but poised above his head. His opening gambit was:
    "Boy, sure is windy out there."
  • Hello@desperatedan,nice of you to join us. If I was a plumber, I'd like to be Christopher. He earns a fortune.
    Busy night you say. Been at a Let's eat grandma gig? (virtual obvs)
    One of my wife's bros sent me that track a couple of years ago and apparently the girls were part of a move ment to promote the correct use of commas and apostrophes. (Not my usual nonsense, this is actually ' a thing')
    So it should read 'Let' s eat, grandma'
    I've got an example:"What's that in the road there, a head?"
  • @BrianN lol i wasn't Jim Carey, be is a funny guy, I did see the movie funny
    @DesperateDan I downloaded my Space app from the Google App store, i thought mirror world was just part of it? If you on your Angry Birds Space app episode page, do you see a magnifying glass on the bottom right? That takes you to mirror world
    I'll try a screenshot..
  • Screenshot worked but can't post it!!
    I'll try tomorrow, @DesperareDan
    Good night all..
  • It's been a while, but I think once u complete a level in space it's equivalent in mirror world becomes available. As @kathy says u press the button and it takes u as if thru a portal into that world. That makes sense in my head, hope it helps.
  • Ah, penny has dropped. Thanx all.
    Grandma was a bit tough. Needed about another ten minutes I would say.
  • I am a big fan of the elipsis...
  • My version of Space is 2.2.14. I don't think it has Mirror Worlds.
  • That is the most current v of space and should have mirror worlds. If, just as an example you play pig bang lev 1.You may have to 3 star it. Look at your screen and there should be a button at bottom right. It looks like a pink circle overlapped by a brown one, with a green arrow pointing at it. (think it's meant to represent a portal.) Press this and it will take you to pig bang mirror world where you will find lev 1 unlocked and ready to play. If it literally takes you to a different time and place there's def something wrong with ur device.
  • Hmmm, which screen do you mean Brian? I have 3-starred several levels but nothing seems to change.
  • @desperatedan on the lower right hand side of your levels screen there is a swirly looking circle you tap that and it brings you to Mirror world. Only the corresponding levels that you have 3 starred in regular space will be available to play in Mirror world. So for todays challenge you have to 3 star Red Planet level 18 before you can play it in Mirror
  • @desperatedan can you put a link to the uptodown site.
Post in the New Forum!