The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2304
  • 159863 Comments
  • Ohh @Sweetp never heard of it.. hope it helps.
    Funny thing about the badge I was awarded it before i even knew i was nominated caused a little confusion haha..
  • Don't let them ever give her Rimadyl. Vet gave me that several times, until I looked it up and saw it had a nasty side effect of sudden death,
  • Sorry, I forgot to ask! How is Patty doing today?
  • Darn Princess why Now! ! Right in the middle of a conversation Really? Is getting old ya know! !
  • WTF? Then why would any vet prescribe it if that's one of the side effects?
  • Oohh noo @kelani :( your petv didn't die from it I hope? :( :(
  • I should probably go to bed right ? Is 1am..
  • @SweetP much better. She's back to running around and being yappy again, even though she needs to let her shoulder heal. Those thyroid meds definitely help.
  • Yup, the Princess is in Da House! LOL. You ought to be used to it by now @Kathy.

Well, I'm glad I noticed you don't have it anymore.
  • Thyroid meds? For Patty's shoulder? Somehow that doesn't sound right. What is she taking, Levothroid?
  • Huh ? @Sweetp your glad you noticed i don't havevwhatv anymore?
  • @Kathy @SweetP Nope, but something like 6,500 pets did last year. No idea why vets still prescribe it. I guess it's such a low % of total Rxes it's an acceptable risk.
  • @SweetP in addition to the shoulder, her thyroid test came back low, so they also put her on thyroid meds to see if it helped. Can't remember what it's called.
  • @Kathy, when I looked at your badges, I noticed you didn't have the Leaderboard Guardian badge. I was surprised, and so I gave my nomination. You mentioned you had it once before but there was some confusion? Hello, are we on the same page? If you're confused, then I'm definitely going bonkers!
  • Thank goodness @kelani but wow 6500 died that's awful:(
    @Sweetp what don't i have anymore?
  • Good night @kathy and sweet dreams my friend. Of course I will take care of it!
  • *takes @Kathy's flashlight and takes it apart. Inspects inside the battery chamber, uses a can of air to blow out the dust that's started to gather. Removes the lens, lighbulb, and reflective base, taking extra care to clean off the smudges and dust. Gets some metal polish and gives the casing a good shine, reassembles everything, replaces batteries and a final wipedown. Places it carefully under her pillow, turns on the wax warmer and adds a new summer fragrance, Polynesian Dreams, that will see her safely to dreamland*
  • Ooohhh feellike I just left lol..
    Happy Friday everyone! !!
  • Morning Ma
  • Mornin' Pa :) have a good day..:)
  • @kelani Carlos the Jackal - yes, all too familiar here in France, the memory lingers on. . Can't remember if I already posted this, if I did it was eons ago, but another well-known "Most Wanted" here was Yvan Colonna, a Corsican, who was on the lam for years. One day our cat Dana went missing. We stuck "Missing" posters all round the neighbourhood and I also took one round to the local police station, where the cork board was bare except for Colonna's Wanted pic. Dana's poster was duly pinned up beside him. I had to laugh, seeing her in such fine company (handsome fella, very popular with the ladies). Dana eventually turned up, having spent 48hrs in a neighbour's spare bedroom. And the "Corsican Shepherd" was finally caught too. . .
    Sorry for the brief lurk-and-leave. . . will catch up with @all when I can. xoxo
  • Looks like I'll be having @rat stew for tea!
    Until he notices wabbit hunting season is open again, and it's only 350 points....

BTW @rat if I objected to any of your ribbing, you'd soon know about it;-))
  • Catch up later, have to scoot....
  • grr, today makes 1 month since TT/HH came out. Still no PC ver.
  • G'day everyone!

So, Yesterday I tested my new Internet speeds from my MacBook. Both wired and wireless results were quite similar, slightly above the 25 Mbps service sold to me by Comcast. I used their speed test, so I took the results with a grain of salt. Today I ran the same test from my iPad (in the Puffin browser that supports flash). Here is the result (hope this link works)

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/596077604.png

If only!
  • @kelani love "I lied, it took 48 hours and three pots of coffee, but it's worth it to see you suffer"

Said "the destroyer" until the wabbit is caught

Time to catch up
  • @bpc WTG fast speed, good, nay, excellent flinger. We all better look out!
    Do you live in Seattle? Never looked at your profile or the members map
  • I live near Seattle
  • BTW did I mention I love, love, LOVE! my new Internet service?

Well, as fast as it is, I really hate doing business with Comcast. Slimey outfit it is, but I am stuck with them for fast Internet. Kept my DISH satellite for TV (love the Hopper DVR) and kept my copper wire land line. Paying through the nose for everything, but at least it is all working as it should.

As much as I like DISH, I would dump them too if I could get antenna signals for my local channels.
  • @BPC congrats. That's one good thing about being near a big city. I actually have 60Mbit/4Mbit service, but because I'm in the middle of nowhere, mine's actually slower than yours.
  • @bpc we have a landline, Internet, TV, different providers, probably not the cheapest, but we like them all.
    And Seattle is on my list of places to visit. Then Vancouver, then cruise up to Alaska. But it's a long flight. Seem to remember you're not too keen on flying? Neither am I. Or am I confused here?

@rat if you fancy wabbit stew for dinner, you'll be glad to know I sharpened my kitchen knives yesterday, and have nearly chopped myself into stew sized pieces already lol
  • @kelani is it Carey you live? Or was that before your godforsaken hellhole?
  • @hunnybunny Cary was before the hellhole. All the major fiber bundles serving the entire Southeastern US passed through the building where I worked. Even better, I lived under a mile away, so I had a dedicated fiber line with more bandwidth than my gigabit ethernet could handle. :P
  • @BPC, have you tried an outdoor aerial antenna? They usually pickup local channels with no issues (in uncompressed high def, at that, which is better quality than satellite/cable). There are websites that can tell you where to point it and what range your antenna should have.

I deal with Comcast too. I wanted to have just internet with them but it turned out if you bundle the service with something else, you get a better deal. I ended up with their Blast internet package which is 105 Mbps and includes some basic cable TV (local channels plus maybe a dozen cable channels, plus HBO). It costs me only $10/month more than just the internet.
  • @Hunnybunny you are right, I hate to fly! Just one reason I have done the Princess Alaska cruise twice now. I drive to the cruise ship parking lot in Seattle, hop on the boat, and away I go! Dang... that sounds great, I might have to do it again....
  • bbl, fish & chips w/grandma time.
  • @bpc my sis did the Princess Alaska cruise when she lived in the US.
    We just booked (another) Canaries cruise Drive, park car, cruise, good
    The Canary Isles (off the northern coast of Africa) are either really awful - full of Brits abroad
    Or really good - geology fans check out La Palma. If that goes, the tsunami takes out NY
    And Reid's Hotel in Madeira for afternoon tea is a must, every time
  • @Fenikus antenna service in the Puget Sound area is challenging at best. Far too many hills and Douglas fir. The transmitters themselves are only 1000' above sea level (counting the hill they sit on). I did try a Mohu Sky 60, but didn't pick up a singe channel. A large antenna high above the roof line would probably work, but too much hassle and it is ugly.

I looked at Comcast's stripped down TV package, but it isn't HD. I only need local channels, but I still want a great picture. At least in my area, to get HD local channels, I would still be spending around $70/month and that doesn't even include their best DVR. My hope was to go with an antenna and pair it with a TIVO box. No go. I will stay with DISH and their fabulous Hopper DVR.
  • Oh shoot, the time! Gotta fly, it is Mom's birthday today...
  • Ah, OB, I'll have to leave you and the blues.
    Back to TT.....
  • @BPC, it seems Comcast has different deals in different parts of the country. I think I pay $80 bucks for that Blast Plus package which is their fastest internet speed plus some TV. All the channels are in HD. No DVR but I bought a used TiVo with lifetime service for $200 on eBay. Works great.
  • @Hunnybunny, nicely done on TT.
  • @fenikus thank you
    I much preferred TT to HH
    Couldn't even slightly trouble you there ;-)
  • @Fenikus you just mentioned another reason I do not like Comcast. Around here, we cannot use TIVO with Comcast! Years ago, I had one of the early TIVO boxes, and at that time it worked with Comcast. Once Comcast went digital, they no longer supported TIVO. Around here, you were stuck with their really crappy DVR. I see Comcast recently came out with a modern DVR, don't know if it compares to TIVO, DISH and DirectTV DVRs. I know they lost my business, and no doubt a lot of others because of their old crappy DVR.
  • Woo Hoo (read my ABN glossary @rat) TT #17
  • I'm leaving myself wide open for a rat thrashing....
    But it's good fun :-)))))
Post in the New Forum!