The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2236
  • 159679 Comments
  • @fenikus You need to watch calling him the burpman. There's a great flinger called the burbman out there too.
    That's who I thought you were talking about at first glance.
  • Good point @Pa I didn't think of that:/
  • "The Flying" didn't give a hint, huh?
  • Did anyone ever figure out how to get that M shaped formation with Chuck on #20?
  • I think i did @kelani but i can't remember when i get there again I'll let you know; )
  • @kelani on #22 you say 'low power' lol which kinda surprised me in light of all the conversations back and forth with @Pa debating the low power shot. But let that go. How low power do you mean exactly. Half , 1/4, very low ?
  • @Kathy, just FYI, nobody was debating merits of reduced power shots -- just imaginary reduction ones. Also, you might want to know there is a member on ABN that goes by "kenobi".
  • Thanks for the heads up @fenikus I'll be careful not to let my keyboard use Kenobi anymore just in case . Thanks @Kelani I will keep trying. I missed that part of burpie strategy
  • @fenikus what do you mean 'imaginary' reduced power ?
  • lol. @Kathy if he doesn't answer you, I'll be glad to field that one.
  • I'm not touching that one @Kelani, go for it.
  • Lol @Kelani I was just being ahhh what's the word? I know you both don't think you can reduce power without moving the dots... byv all means field that one if you want;)
  • @annifrid -- Good to see you! It's very hard to keep up these days; there seem to be more than 4 pages a day!
    @estar @kelani -- So what happens with the tutorial on posting images? Will be totally lost in this forum.
  • @Kathy I have no opinion on reducing power w/o moving dots. When @Rat said that, I said I'll take his word for it, but I've never seen it. It's pretty much impossible to test in Space, too.

@mvnla2 I assumed it was posted somewhere, or will be.
  • @mvnla2 hi:) long time no see lol.
    And your right that tutorial will be lost but i think I something that Estar is going to add it to page 1. I can't be absolutely sure on that as you say the Pages are flying its hard to keep up.
  • @kelani @kathy -- A very busy real life weekend. : D Takes a long time to catch up.
  • @mvnla2, I saw your question in 8-13 walkthrough re: whether the level should be added to unstable list. I'm not sure -- what qualifies the level for this epithet? Even though "stuff" continues to circle around the planet, I've never seen points keep racking up -- they always stopped for me eventually. Maybe that's the key?
  • Me too @mvnla2 I barely caught up. ! Busy weekend real life and work tomorrow:/
    Hope your weekend was full of fun;)
  • @Kelani, you know how there are those pulsing concentric circles in planets' gravity fields (not sure what you'd call them)?
  • @fenikus re: the stuff walking around on 13. All through Space, that happens to some degree on almost every planetoid with a grav field.

I know the pulsing circles. Just assumed it was eye candy or a visual clue that stuff here is gonna fall down :)
  • @Kelani, check out level 8-30. It's been said in walkthrough comments that Ice Bird should be sent as close to the edge of grav field but so that it still does not enter the larger grav field. I have a theory that timing matters here based on where the pulsing circle is -- you can go "deeper" depending on the position of the circle.
  • @fenikus I'll check. It could be that, or it could be my impossible to understand aiming adjustment. :p For my 91k shot, I didn't worry about getting as close as possible to the larger field. I aimed about 1/4 inch inside the first grav field, and adjusted until Icey hit the divot in the 3rd boulder.
  • @Kelani, I declare it true. It's one of the finesses of Space.
  • @fenikus In that case, it must be!

edit: That's something testable.
  • @fenikus -- I think some other people said they saw points accumulating. That would be the key.
  • @mvnla2 I replied to your post. This isn't uncommon in Space. There's just not much stuff in those levels that can be destroyed from rolling around a planetoid.
  • Re: 'reducing power w/o moving dots.' @kel you just have to BELIEVE sorta like the whiiiIIIIIIIiiiiiine. It works. Try it enough times. ;-)
  • Ugh *rumbs eyes* why ow why are we that kind of couple? Who both wake up and drink coffee together? 6AM is brutal!

Anyway good morning @all

@mvnla2 I am going to add it to the page one, not sure how yet... As a part of the rules text or a seperate section ABN tips. But when I do know and have added it, I will let you know.
  • Arghh @estar why you awake when I'm about to say good night! :/ that a first. . Have a wonderful day my friend. .I'm off to sleepy dreams.
  • 6am=yuck Not my favorite time of day. 'morning @sleepestar

*yawnstretch* I think it's sleepy time for me also. See y'all in the meownin.
  • Night Ma

Good Morning Star

Hello Big Moon

I'll Sleep Soon
  • Night night @kathy

@kelani I know right?! Mine either, I like the noon time better, but the working world isn't set up that way, sleep tight,

Morning Mister @Rat hubby just out the door, so time for me to get myself to a somewhat presentable and awake state :)
  • Love the little poems mister @rat (if they aren't meant as poems, they sure do sound like such to me)
  • @Estar This one wasn't meant to be a poem. It was just poetic. The moon is still close to the earth in it's elliptical orbit. It's quite large atm. Hence, the Hello Big Moon.
    *maybe that makes it a poem*
    Taking things people don't realize they see and turning them into a wonderful new meaning. They'd find that "ironic" if they knew me as you do @Estar. lol
  • Ironic...I like that word for some reason.

The Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines ironic as "the use of words that mean the opposite of what you really think especially in order to be funny".

Go figure. Now I know why.
    @Kelani is going to have an idiomatic field day with this.
  • Wow either the time stamp here is really messed up or @estar got 1 hour sleep:/
    Good morning everyone have a wonderful Monday:/
    Pa I missed the big moon:(
    Happy flinging all. .
  • Morning Ma

@Estar didn't get a lot of sleep, but it was a lot more than one hour. You're looking at the post she made when she first got up and then the post just before she left for work. That was about an hour. Shoot, I'm jealous! She got over four hours of sleep. Wow!
  • Mornin' Pa :) see ya after work☆
  • Morning @all
    @tompuss I've tracked down the black lace parasol! As much as I'd love it,I don't think the Scottish people are ready for it! Walking the streets over here on a sunny day with a black lace parasol would probably get me locked up ;) France however would be a lot more forgiving so here's the website http://www.brolliesgalore.co.uk/ It's £29.99 I think you should spent your birthday money on it :D
    @estar your wifit jumping star is precious! I don't know how you and hubby can function on that amount of sleep! Years of practice I guess ;) I can't do less than 8. Early to bed,early to rise etc ;)
    @kathy what are you like?! You spoke to her before you went to bed lol!!
    Well it's a crappy,dark rainy day here but thankfully the temp has dropped so much more comfortable. Took a notion to do some baking this afternoon but can't decide what to do. Cake,tray bake,brownies? All I know is when it's bleak outside I want to bake.
    I have a feeling I may be talking to myself so I'll take a cappuccino to go please OB,cheers.
    Oh I knew there was something else. @tompuss how did you manage to have two diff avys going at the same time?! Your yellow one is showing in here (old forum) and your uk flag is in new forum,or am I seeing things?!
  • Can I put an order in for thin brownies with loads of pecans @JLZ666? I've got the fresh cold milk.
  • Oh goody, I did hear that commercial right. 15 bonus Rio2 levels on the Blu-Ray. Even got a mention for it.
    http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/rio-2-blu-ray-release-on-july-15th-includes-angry-birds-rio-levels

If it's like Golden Beachball, they get released universally at some point. I sure hope so.
  • @Kelani sorry didn't knows
    It is your birthday! ! Have a great day my friend
    Happy Birthday! !
Post in the New Forum!